Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 135,220

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107239 Jun 20, 2013
They do have one thing right though; JW = NO HELP FOR YOU. lol
GWB

Roseville, CA

#107240 Jun 20, 2013
Help for you wrote:
Try reading Revelation 21:3,4, Daniel 2:44 Matthew 5:5 and Psalms 37:9,10,11 & 29
If you need a organ someday to prolong your life, thank a scientist. In 20 years or so from now the Watchtower Society will believe in evolution and say that God did it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57589638/...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107241 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So because someone is actually into bestiality, you think schools are going to teach it is OK?
You forget the part about animals not being able to consent. Homosexuals are only OK if they are of consent. Rape is rape.

Now I do not think you are stupid for being religious, but you have no excuse for this lack of logic and reasoning.

So are you worried about homosexuality being spoke of in accepting manners in schools, or are you just worried about bestiality?
You never heard of the Eddie's Mississippi leg hound (it's best if you just let him finish Clark)? That could easily be argued as consent by the same twisted minds that want to participate in it.

And no, I do not want public schools teaching children that homosexuality is ok. There is no reason to even touch on the subject to say whether it is ok or not. Leave it to the parents.

Location hidden

#107242 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You do not agree with a lot of what nature is, so your judgement on nature holds no merit with me.
Science agrees the evidence shows people are born homosexual. You say "proof" in the ignorant way the non scientific speak. Proof is in the eye of the beholder. No evidence can prove a claim to someone who is so closed minded to science and it contradicts his religious dogma.
The idea of being born homosexual has been proven to scientists who are in fields relating to psychology. Look it up.
If you do not like public schools teaching what science says, then take your kids out of the public schools. Go private and have them indoctrinated to the max with your superstitious dogma.

Public schools are of government, thus it teaches science, not needing to make curriculum respecting the establishment of religion. This is not a theocracy, America is a secular nation.
Any time I have looked it up, I find that there is no conclusive evidence. That's what science says. If there are a few scientists that say one way, and others that say another, then it should not be taught, because they don't know. Either way they taught it would be leaning towards a bias.

I know enough about nature to know that whether we can agree on a creator or not, procreation cannot take place with same gender sexual intercourse. The result is the same as when Kelly Bundy accused her little brother of planning a family with his pillow.

Location hidden

#107243 Jun 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>"First it will be_____, then the next thing you know they'll want _____." That's so lame, dude. The line has been used for thousands of years to exacerbate reasonable claims as outrageous. If you web search "man wants to marry his ____" you can find a completion of the sentence with practically anything. The story of a Des Moines man wanting to marry a goat is a spoof. You should start listening to a different radio station since that one lies to you.
Somebody brought in a gay couple for show and tell? Maybe that's because there is a serious issue with BULLYING. Given all of the misconceptions, condemnations and hostility that bigots and fanatics have perpetuated, I can understand why school administrators felt there was a need to address a point of respect that churches are failing to.
No, this was a college course. It was part of the curriculum.

I was flipping channels when I heard the news. I kept flipping.

And the slope thing is most usually accurate. Look at piercings. I personally do not care if someone wants to poke holes all over themselves. To each his own, but I can guarantee that our society does not find it acceptable yet, because it limits their professional career greatly.

Location hidden

#107244 Jun 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"But satan has caused confusion"...
Yes, yes he has!
"God is a God of order, and so He would want His church to have the same order."
You answered with truth here...
Since Christ's birth to Joseph Smith... 1800 years!
You are saying... God screwed up for 1800 years!
Good luck with that!
... Did God really say....?
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.

I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.

Location hidden

#107245 Jun 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Would you agree that both male and female are both born with male and female hormones> what happens when a male is born with more female hormones than usual? or vise-versa? Would that not explain why some boys from birth and up act a bit lilke girls? Wouldn't that alone be enough to state the possibility of being born gay?
I don't know for sure, but I think no. Hormones certainly can affect the mind and even cause urges. But I don't think of homosexuality as a birth defect as you may be suggesting here (I'm assuming).

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107247 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Eddie's Mississippi leg hound (it's best if you just let him finish Clark)? That could easily be argued as consent by the same twisted minds that want to participate in it.
And no, I do not want public schools teaching children that homosexuality is ok. There is no reason to even touch on the subject to say whether it is ok or not. Leave it to the parents.
Leave it to the parents to tell his children whether it's okay to beat up the gay kid? Sounds like a bigot to me. Maybe gays should get pink triangles on their visitors' badges if they visit a school?
I'm going to guess you're against sex ed., too - even if the parent is "Daddy says I'm the best" Eddie.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107248 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this was a college course. It was part of the curriculum.
I was flipping channels when I heard the news. I kept flipping.
And the slope thing is most usually accurate. Look at piercings. I personally do not care if someone wants to poke holes all over themselves. To each his own, but I can guarantee that our society does not find it acceptable yet, because it limits their professional career greatly.
What is "the slope thing?" Do a web search for "man wants to marry goat." It's a fraud - which is probably what the course was about. Urban myths. Don't believe everything you hear - it starts religions and then people get REALLY stupid.
I don't get the allure of piercings, but they do close up if the post or whatever is left out.

Location hidden

#107249 Jun 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>A Man sits in a locked padded room having an ongoing conversation with Abe Lincoln ... The Man can see old Abe, hear his, smell him, touch him.... Should I think there is the slightest possibility that Abe is Real? After all I haven't experienced what this guys in the padded room has...

That's what delusion does, it's the core of delusion, One experiencing that which exists only in ones mind and externalizing it into a outside reality.....
If you put millions in a room alone and they all came out with the exact same story, I'd certainly investigate a little more.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107250 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put millions in a room alone and they all came out with the exact same story, I'd certainly investigate a little more.
But they don't come out with the same story.... If they came out with the same story there would not be 13,000 Christian denominations not to mention assorted Jewish, Muslim and other variations of the God delusion.... But in groups delusion can be contagious and is called Mass Hallucination...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107251 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I can't agree that homosexuality does not go against nature. There is no proof that people are born gay. Therefore, I do not want schools teaching that to my children in school.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Studies have been conducted which have proved that there are certain hormonal imbalances that sway human desires and behaviors to one side. The study showed that all humans have male and female hormones in the beginning developmental stages. As we develop, one particular type of hormone becomes more dominant and takes over. In some cases, however, it has been proven that the hormones get 'mixed up' and there are males that end up with more female hormones than average and females with more male hormones than average. This is why you will hear some people say that they have always felt that they were born in the wrong body.
There is another study that has been conducted by the Oregon State University where they have studied and experimented on the brains of sheep that have been found to have homosexual tendencies. According to the study, 10% of sheep have homosexual tendencies. The link to this study is provided below.
It is a matter of chance whether or not you are born gay. All fetus' start with the male and female hormones inbuilt. During the growth of the fetus the hormones are increased to build on the gender it has become. Sometimes this process is flawed and the opposite hormone takes precedence for the gender being created. Thus the baby is born being gay. In a similar way to this but in different amounts of the hormones bisexuals are born. This is the most likely explanation to this mystery and is being scientifically investigated. See link regarding human sexual ambiguity at birth provided below.
Abnormalities in sexual development happen in the womb happen every day. There are numerous studies that address human ambiguity at birth, masculinized female infants, abnormal sexual development, sexual dimorphism, hermaphroditism, and infants that cannot be identified at birth as male or female. Homosexuality may be the least pronounced of those irregularities and no one should be demonized for the way they were born. Any person who ignores all the scientific facts and studies about human sexual irregularities and variations at birth is using something else besides their brain to formulate their world views. An online search will reveal thousands of reliable scientific pages available for personal enlightenment on this topic.

I submit exibit A: Here's your proof.
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#107252 Jun 20, 2013
Religion is cancer. Christianity is no exception. The constitution says the state and church must be separate.

for anybody who hasn't read the constitution it says this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This bill is unconstitutional. Teaching the christian religion in school would be a public endorsement of Christianity and is unlawful.

for the most part our founding fathers were not Christians either. They were atheists and deists. Anybody who disagrees is an uneducated fool.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen" Treaty of tripoli - 1797

Don't teach the bible in my schools and I won't think in your churches. Thank you for your time.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107253 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Any time I have looked it up, I find that there is no conclusive evidence. That's what science says. If there are a few scientists that say one way, and others that say another, then it should not be taught, because they don't know. Either way they taught it would be leaning towards a bias.
I know enough about nature to know that whether we can agree on a creator or not, procreation cannot take place with same gender sexual intercourse. The result is the same as when Kelly Bundy accused her little brother of planning a family with his pillow.
Then you have not been "looking it up." There are numerous studies showing that sexual drives are genetic, of course there is also just plain old logic to demonstrate this as well. Of course, that means you have to actually study things like evolution, genetics, and neurology.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107254 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if you were a psychologist and knew a bit about the brain, you'd study their brains to figure out what triggered the mass delusion, unless there was any solid evidence supporting their story.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107255 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.
I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.
That sort of makes your notion a failure, without adding anything to it. Since your church is new, the numbers have only swelled, there is no "falling away" at all, during the time that the church actually existed. Thus, either the "prophecy" was incorrect in the order of events, or it was made up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107257 Jun 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Ur definitely not right! U R actually quite stupid! Oh and U R someone else!
'
So, no evidence at all for any assertions you make. Can't say I am not surprised. Thus, your religion is still a myth.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107258 Jun 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You go on and on about how "bad" it would be to programed to love our "creator."
Tell me what would change if humankind had been created with a built-in desire to worship Yahweh?
What terrible difference would it have made?
Your idea of a "creator" sucks.
We all do have a desire to worship...
Just some (as I did) worship the wrong things!
Your opinion of the Creator would change, If you got to know
Him personally!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107259 Jun 21, 2013
uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are not forcing anything on topix. Most of your post barely make any sense at all and I usually skip them. I believe I saw one where you used the term 'tard'. I would suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself but I don't think you get the concept.
The title of this thread is "Bible study rules for public schools proposed."
That is what I was referring to. Christians are not content to have the right to worship the way they see fit, they want to make everyone worship the way they see fit. They want to, and have passed laws to force people to do so.
If believing on Christ was all that was necessary then stop trying to force the Government to support your religion. Jesus did not try to force a change in earthly government. Never even suggested it. Follow His example.
Yes I did use the word "Tard"!
The shame would not be on me, as Being a Tard purposely is being ignorant/stupid! That is what it means!
Bible study does go on in our schools, and the proposed rules is what the bill was for!
The Bible has a great history in the US's founding, and growth, and the Lack of it... is our downfall!
Believing otherwise, and denying the evidence of it...
is being a Tard!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107260 Jun 21, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever driven by a wreck and tried not to glance at the carnage?
No! If the EMT's are there... I don't stop!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim bingham 1 hr shay 20
Tommy Mills 1 hr rusty 4
Tim Corey 1 hr liz 7
Explosion in Flatlick? 4 hr Vladimir 11
dell desktop win 8 4 hr DONNA 5
Keith Ledford and Kayla grubb 7 hr lucky 2
lets go to florida 10 hr Hatti_Hollerand 91
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE