Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
102,381 - 102,400 of 130,624 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107079 Jun 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no response to:
<quoted text>
Only to say you don't "hate" gays.
So if the buybull says homosexuality is an "abomination," are you just supposed to understand them, love them, and MAKE THEM STOP HAVING SEX?
How very kind of you.
You ignore the rest of what I say because you can't defend your ridiculous fantasy.
You just WANT to believe ONLY THE THINGS YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.
Shove the rest under the rug.
Christianity is a mental illness.
The irrational thought of thinking all "Christians hate gays" is a MENTAL illness.

No doubt of collectively spewed propoganda bullchit.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107080 Jun 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just straight coffee, thanks. No teaspoon of sugar or milk from a sacred cow.
and TOUGH correct BEANS to boot!

Gaw, lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107082 Jun 17, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's went down hill since everything has become so dependent on technology to "tell them what to think".
Just watch 8 of ten cashiers that need to make change- when they computer screens bweaks down.
The other two might still be able to handle it-especially the ones ya saw outside on a quick smoke/eat break...that still comprehend 15 minutes is fifteen minutes--not 16, or 17 or twenty....
Yet, you are supporting religion, and religion glorifies not learning. Funny that.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107083 Jun 17, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Can I explain this oath? Of course I can. Can't you? Allow me.... Are you indeed a Christian, if you are, you took an oath to follow and keep the ten commandments, to turn the other cheek, yada, yada, yada. You keep reminding all of us that your relationship is personal between you and God, I'm not sure You even know what that relationship is or should be. You can't pick which portion of the bible you choose to follow and which part not to follow, it don't work that way. In my opinion you have (what I call selective christianity) when it's convienant for you, you are a christian, any other time, not so much! I respect everyone's opinion on this thread, even your opinion. But please don't pretend to be the better person just because you are claiming a faith based religion!
You Atheists make foolish comments and then complain when you are called fools.
You have explained nothing,there is no such oath
There is nothing in the teachings of Christ that reequires that one take an oath to follow and keep the 10 commandments.
That is Atheist propaganda in an attempt to deny our need for Jesus Christ.
Neither you,or the other Atheists are able to understand or grasp that which is spiritual,yet,that which you neither believe or understand,you foolishly keep teying to explain and interpret.
Only a fool tries to explain and make sense out of that which is beyond their ability to comprehend.
Now,because I am calling you foolish,based on the facts,you complain that I am being judgemental.
It is not I that is judging you,it is your foolishness and corrupt nature that speaks volumes and attests to your ignorance of that which you do not understand.
In your search for wisdom,your mind has deceived you and have blindly followed the road to foolishness.
Your futile efforts have led you nowhere.
Never took an oath.
I Beleive in God and Christ. I confess him as my saviour.
He paid the debt I could not pay,by his death on the cross and by his stripes I am healed...
It is amazing how those who do not believe in Christ or understand his teachings feel qualified to tell believers how they need to lead their lives in order to please Christ.
What we have here is,those who are spiritually blind,trying to lead those who have had their spiritual sight restored by Jesus Christ.
Like my uncle used to say;
Do not let a blind man drive your car,he will only wreck it
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107084 Jun 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Get some evidence for this fantastic claim and maybe I will think it has some validity.
You atheists keep regurtitating the same nonsense.
If you want to know God,seek him diligently,He will reveal himself,
That is the formula
Do not ask me to reveal him to you,I can not.
If you want to know him,you must seek him for yourself.
If you are not willing to take the necessary steps,then stop complaining.
Hearing the same nonsense,time and again,gets boring and inexcusable after a while.....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107085 Jun 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists keep regurtitating the same nonsense.
If you want to know God,seek him diligently,He will reveal himself,
That is the formula
Do not ask me to reveal him to you,I can not.
If you want to know him,you must seek him for yourself.
If you are not willing to take the necessary steps,then stop complaining.
Hearing the same nonsense,time and again,gets boring and inexcusable after a while.....
That's not a "formula," that's called a scam.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107086 Jun 17, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think YOU are-attempting to "TELL" ANYONE else, what they can believe or not believe in??????????
Get a clue: Not no-but HELL no--REALITY doesn't work like that!!!!
People CAN and DO--CHOOSE of the FREE WILL that they are born unto -to Pick and choose ANYthing they should so desire to believe or not to believe in--to see GOOD where they can-as well as recognize EVIL when it rears it's UGLY, crooked, hooked Witch like nose face as well.
And if YOU don't like THAT-it's just TOO DAMN bad...that's YOUR problem.
Just who do you think you are, trying to dictate or JUDGE ANYONE else's God given BIRTH rights?
It's people like YOU, consumed of your OWN ignorance and intolerance comprised of nothing but self servedness, with out regard or respect of and for OTHERS-that are sickening!
I was not addressing you, but if you want to stick your wart-infested nose into the discussion, then the same applies to you as well if you are professing to be a Christian as "Curious"! Are you a "Christian" or not?

I Know who I am... and I'm not the one dictating you follow the commandments..Your God did that, they are not called the 10 wishes, they are the 10 COMMANDments.. It seems to me You Too have a problem following what God Ordered YOU to do!(Are you a Christian or Not?)

I am not judging anyone...Your God reserves that right!
It's people like YOU who somehow feel you can pick and choose what Your God wanted you to follow and abide by. Get a Clue!
Prayer

Hyden, KY

#107087 Jun 17, 2013
My walk with God is between me an God. Everyone needs to live it for there self.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107088 Jun 17, 2013
Prayer wrote:
My walk with God is between me an God. Everyone needs to live it for there self.
I agree! Although some here have been proven a Hypocrite!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107089 Jun 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a quote in another forum.
The poster remarked that he often wondered why old Yahweh didn't take a couple more days during his creation of mankind so as to make a better human being.
Nothing worse than shoddy workmanship.
Do not blame God for your poor mental condition.
It is each one's personal resposibility to provide one's mind with spiritual maintenance. To not do so,leads to a defective mind....
Where foolishness prevails,where one may be led to conclude that life emanated spontaneously,from non living matter,by accident.
Where one may be led to conclude that;
If you ever wondered about the origin of intelligence in humans and other mammals, here's the answer from a team of researchers led by Professor Seth Grant of the University of Edinburgh.

A genetic accident experienced by an invertebrate sea animal, about 500 million years ago, led to extra copies of brain genes being made. These extra genes benefited the sea animal's descendants, leading to behaviorally sophisticated vertebrates, including humans, suggest the scientists.
The rationality contained in these beliefs can only be explained and understood by foolish minds,but,as with all foolishness,have no place in the real world.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107090 Jun 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Change human nature? How about just try and control human nature with some good understanding of human nature and some good philosophy?
Hard to control what you do not understand. Science is good for understanding.
What makes no sense to me is, why would a god make men with such a nature in the first place?
God provided us with a nature that needs spiritual maintenance in order to function properly.
That maintenance is provided by following god's intructions;

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If one fails to do that and permits ones human desires to control him,then that opens the door for immorality,selfishness and greed to control us.
In order to correct that condition,we need guidance from Christ and the comforter,which he promised.
Those who have asked for and received the Holy Spirit can attest to it's power...
Those who have not,can speculate,based on their nonknowledge,and concoct misinformed opinions on a subject they are unable to grasp or comprehend......
of course,Unbelievers will ask for evidence....
Unable and unwilling to seek it for themselves...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107091 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a "formula," that's called a scam.
I imagine that one with no moral code,would interpret it in such a mannner....
But,we ignore those with no moral compass....
They are lost and travelling on the road to nowhere.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107092 Jun 17, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if budgets were actually ADHERED to (and adjusted accordingly)
Are you done with your worship practice of licking the givverment bootheels for today now?
Common sense doesn't mean I'm licking any bootheels. There is a ton of waste in gov't, no doubt about it - your proposal just make a chronic problem 10x worse. Most waste comes from the Peter Principle, bureaucratic BS, back-scratching, administrative mini-kingdoms and territory disputes.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107093 Jun 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You Atheists make foolish comments and then complain when you are called fools.
You have explained nothing,there is no such oath
There is nothing in the teachings of Christ that reequires that one take an oath to follow and keep the 10 commandments.
That is Atheist propaganda in an attempt to deny our need for Jesus Christ.
Neither you,or the other Atheists are able to understand or grasp that which is spiritual,yet,that which you neither believe or understand,you foolishly keep teying to explain and interpret.
Only a fool tries to explain and make sense out of that which is beyond their ability to comprehend.
Now,because I am calling you foolish,based on the facts,you complain that I am being judgemental.
It is not I that is judging you,it is your foolishness and corrupt nature that speaks volumes and attests to your ignorance of that which you do not understand.
In your search for wisdom,your mind has deceived you and have blindly followed the road to foolishness.
Your futile efforts have led you nowhere.
Never took an oath.
I Beleive in God and Christ. I confess him as my saviour.
He paid the debt I could not pay,by his death on the cross and by his stripes I am healed...
It is amazing how those who do not believe in Christ or understand his teachings feel qualified to tell believers how they need to lead their lives in order to please Christ.
What we have here is,those who are spiritually blind,trying to lead those who have had their spiritual sight restored by Jesus Christ.
Like my uncle used to say;
Do not let a blind man drive your car,he will only wreck it
You are quite amusing! So by your statement, All you need to do is Believe in God and Christ, confess him as Savior, and that's it? You can continue to live your life just like before, because that's exactly what you have portrayed here; you are intentionally calling names, twisting one's statements completely around to fit into your frame of thinkimg, Lieing!, Cursing!, and pointing fingers, calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a fool! Remind us all again what the Bible says about calling one a "FOOL". Refusing and/or denying to follow basic instructions Set by the very one YOU Confess as Savior! Again....If you were put on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you! lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#107094 Jun 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not blame God for your poor mental condition.
It is each one's personal resposibility to provide one's mind with spiritual maintenance. To not do so,leads to a defective mind....
Where foolishness prevails,where one may be led to conclude that life emanated spontaneously,from non living matter,by accident.
Where one may be led to conclude that;
If you ever wondered about the origin of intelligence in humans and other mammals, here's the answer from a team of researchers led by Professor Seth Grant of the University of Edinburgh.
A genetic accident experienced by an invertebrate sea animal, about 500 million years ago, led to extra copies of brain genes being made. These extra genes benefited the sea animal's descendants, leading to behaviorally sophisticated vertebrates, including humans, suggest the scientists.
The rationality contained in these beliefs can only be explained and understood by foolish minds,but,as with all foolishness,have no place in the real world.
There you go again, talking about spirituality and not evincing a mote, talking about science and not comprehending an iota.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#107095 Jun 17, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at some of that kind of stuff with a little more open mindness, and far more realistically I think.
If people decide "something" like that--whatever-- is a GOOD thing for them-and it works okay for them, and IS good for them- and it is NOT harming anyone elseOR themselves--why would anyone even want to condemn it?
Just because it doesn't "conform" to their OWN ignorant "cookie cutter shape" of LIMITED, narrow mindeded judgeMentalness?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh-NOPE. NO thanks.
And don't EVEN try and tell me "how" to vote either.
(Are ya scared one of them might drop some sanctified holy liquid on ya or something?? Ya weeanie).
Don't tell you how to vote? LOL! Do you think for a moment that churches don't create and endorse voter "guides?" I don't tell you what to think or what to do. I don't even tell curious or YaA that - I tell them TO think and to NOT forsake spiritual principles. I can and will point out when someone is being duplicitous, facetious, irrational, and in your case, captious.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107096 Jun 17, 2013
Better yet! If you were put on trial for being a hypocrite would there be enough evidence to convict!
lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#107097 Jun 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! "Moral compass?"
"...I was not making a lot of money,I learned to scheme,planned car accidents,so I could sue,stole a blank baptisimal certificate,used that to establish a phony identification,used that to establish credit and defrauded anumber of clothing and furniture stores. Raised additional cash by borrowing $3000. from HFC...."

You don't know anything about the other Topix participants except what you've read in their posts, yet you are their judge and jury solely according to your un-evidenced spiritual redemption and a myopic interpretation of the Bible? You are squinting in the dark to misread a map that's thousands of years old upside down.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107098 Jun 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! "Moral compass?"
"...I was not making a lot of money,I learned to scheme,planned car accidents,so I could sue,stole a blank baptisimal certificate,used that to establish a phony identification,used that to establish credit and defrauded anumber of clothing and furniture stores. Raised additional cash by borrowing $3000. from HFC...."
You don't know anything about the other Topix participants except what you've read in their posts, yet you are their judge and jury solely according to your un-evidenced spiritual redemption and a myopic interpretation of the Bible? You are squinting in the dark to misread a map that's thousands of years old upside down.
Foolish one,I am neither their judge or jury.
It is God who judges them as he judged me.I claim no self righteousness,as evidenced by my confession,which you posted above.
Not only that but,I admit to my fallen human nature as described in the following;God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
That I was controlled by the abovementioned desires before I came to know Christ,I have no problem in admitting.
That God,Christ and the Holy Spirit changed the way i conducted my life previouysly,is a fact.
That you are unable to comprehend that change,seems fairly obvious.
That you are attempting to negate that change by claiming that I am not perfect is absurd. I have never claimed to be perfect.
You claim that my belief and trust in Christ is invalid because I
call you foolish for not believing in God.So the Bible says,The fool has said in his heart,There is no God.
The fact that I do not repeatedly turn the other cheek when continuously called a moron,does not negate God's word,simply confirms my human weakness.
I know the change that God has wrought in my life.
Nothing that can be said or done by unbelievers can change that

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107100 Jun 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You support stoning children, you have no room to measure other people's ethics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It must suck to be you 10 min Sister Mary 3
katherine mills murder trial starts tuesday the... (May '13) 11 min CCRider 10
knox board of ed raising taxes 24 min Panther Dad 12
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min GOTP 151,492
City councilman raising property Tax Next 32 min Mom 12
Baby sitter avaliable! 45 min boom 6
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 52 min mitchy 2,136
•••
•••
•••