Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,116)

Showing posts 102,301 - 102,320 of128,479
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That we,that you allude to,is a distinct minority of unbelievers
who look to a lesser intellect,for guidance.
Somehow,this minority has concluded that they can learn forgiveness from the behaviour of Apes.
" Let us groom each other,as Apes do,as proposed by Dukette and we will all be able to get along,
Or,we can adhere to your plan;
Make up our own individual rules,which conform to your imperfect human nature and judge yourself to be without sin.
You being judge and jury of your own actions..
Arrtogance and self righteousness beyond comprehension
Moreover,you compound your problem by professing to believe that nonliving matter,of it's own volition,can come to life.
Nonintelligent matter can somehow,of it's own volition create intelligence...
Of course,not one of the unbelievers is able to explain how these miraculous events took place...
Other than attributing them to some unknown unexplainable circumstances that supposedly occured millions and billions of years ago...Witnessed by no one and which they can not be duplicate.
That is reality to an unbeliever,,,,Nonsense and Gibberish to those who have come to know God.
We know He is the lifegiver and most assuredly,no one can duplicate his works...
No accidents there.
It was all created by design
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it has spiraled down hill since the stopped letting the high school kids go outside for a smoke break.... And it's went down hill Bell Bottoms stopped being worn....
LOL
No...
It's going just like The Bible said it would!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
No...
Let's see, the bible says more war, we have less than ever. More violence, we have less than ever. More suffering, we have less than ever. Seems it's not going like your bibles claimed it would at all.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
No...
The bible says snakes and donkeys can talk.
It says that bats are birds, whales are fish and rabbits chew cud.
It says that if you show a stripped stick to a pregnant cow it will give birth to a stripped calf.
And you have the nerve to say the bible is inerrant..and you think everyone should live by its rules?

When you get gas for your car on Sunday on the way to church or go in the mart to get a snack, do you chide the employee for working? Better yet, do you stone him/her?
The bible tells you to. Is it lying there?
How about your wife for cooking dinner on Sunday? That's another big no-no.

If you are trimming your beard, you are going against "god's word."
Wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics?

You are a cafeteria Christian.
"I like that (and can do it easily and I agree with it) so I'll do THAT... hmmm, but not THAT other one (since it is inconvenient). I'll hate gays but still have me some shrimp at the buffet."
You are such a hypocrite.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Sorry I can't wait for your reply.
I have to go to (get ready with those stones!)WORK.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize if you think I ridicule you or your belief, that was and is not my intention. I am simply trying to point out you still (as you say fall short of the glory of God) You do confess your belief in Christ but you do more than that, You Judge others, you call ppl names, and you point fingers. You may have one finger pointing @ me, but you still have 3 pointing back at you. I guess my question is this: You are intentionally doing these acts, knowing they are wrong. So what does that make you? O yeah.. you said a sinner, saved by grace of God. Let me get this clear...you can intentionally sin daily , over and over day after day, and ask for forgiveness, and all is well in the kingdom; till of course the next time , then the cycle starts all over again? something jest ain't kosher there.
Let me see what you may be alluding to.
I have said that the ubelievers base their opinions on ignorance.
When they claim that what I experienced is magical or that i am delusional,they are basing their opinion on ignorance.
They have no idea or understanding of what they are talking about.
When I call them cunning and deceitful,I provide evidence to support that allegation...
When they call me a moron,I respond in kind.
I am not so sure that these acts are wrong,that is your view,not necessarily mine.
Seems that the problem here is that,The Atheists are free to curse and insult as they please,with no restrictions,but,we as Christians are denied the opportunity to defend ourselves.....
I gotta problem with that...
I do not sin intentionally,day after day and ask for forgiveness,that is your interpretation....
Anyhow,an apology was not necessary,but thank you anyway
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see what you may be alluding to.
I have said that the ubelievers base their opinions on ignorance.
When they claim that what I experienced is magical or that i am delusional,they are basing their opinion on ignorance.
They have no idea or understanding of what they are talking about.
When I call them cunning and deceitful,I provide evidence to support that allegation...
I am not so sure that these acts are wrong,that is your view,not necessarily mine.
Seems that the problem here is that,The Atheists are free to curse and insult as they please,with no restrictions,but,we as Christians are denied the opportunity to defend ourselves.....
I gotta problem with that...
I do not sin intentionally,day after day and ask for forgiveness,that is your interpretation....
Anyhow,an apology was not necessary,but thank you anyway
So your excuse for acting, or calling names is:(they call me names so I respond in kind) that's bullchit. They have not taken a covenant or oath to God, you have! I have Just one last question: If you were put on trial for being a Christian, Would there be enough evidence to convict you???

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention .... bed bugs, the only thing that kills them is DDT.
Diatomaceous Earth kills bed bugs and about all hard shelled bugs and it's totally non toxic... Also Cock Roaches... If you want to get rid of Bed Bugs turn loose a bunch of cock roaches, then went the bed bugs are gone kill of the roaches....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Diatomaceous Earth kills bed bugs and about all hard shelled bugs and it's totally non toxic... Also Cock Roaches... If you want to get rid of Bed Bugs turn loose a bunch of cock roaches, then went the bed bugs are gone kill of the roaches....
lol Luckily, I never had the bed bugs .... or cockroaches for that matter .... pretty much never had a pest problem in my entire life.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
So your excuse for acting, or calling names is:(they call me names so I respond in kind) that's bullchit. They have not taken a covenant or oath to God, you have! I have Just one last question: If you were put on trial for being a Christian, Would there be enough evidence to convict you???
First of all,Atheists are the least qualified to pass judgement on my behaviour.
What goes on between me and God,is between me and God.
Can you explain this oath or covenant that I have taken?
Do you believe in Christ or do you deny him?
Your attempts to make me feel guilt are futile.
Fuggedaboutit.......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So,when you commit a selfish,illegal or immoral act,which you know will hurt the recepient of that act and possibly others,you go ahead and do it anyway,and are able to live with yourself,because you feel guilty,after the fact.
If you knew it was wrong and people were going to be hurt,Why did you do it in the first place?
What does that make you?
A banker.
Or ,more than likely, an idiot Atheist,masquerading as a fool
Don't preach to me about immorality and unethical behavior, Bonzo. I have never even contemplated defrauding insurance companies and merchants.
You associate immoral behaviors with non-theists, even when it is known that most criminals, do profess some belief in God.
In your mind, "Atheist" is a four letter word. Each time you pronounce someone as a non-believer, in your mind you are cursing reviling them - and often it is simply because you disagree with what they have said, not in 'defense' of your views or in 'defense' of mudslinging.
Do you think that the bailouts were necessary because the banking practices were above board? Do you think that the mortgage crisis was caused by the borrowers and not the lenders? Buy a clue.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not the one to accuse Yiagio of being a pedophile,nor would I.
You are now. Indirectly, but still accusing.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no evidence to support that allegation.
And yet, you don't mind repeating it. Why is that?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an Atheist accusing another Atheist based on State laws.
True, it was an atheist accusing another atheist (based on a bad interpretation of state law), but what does atheism have to do with it?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not throw the first stone,nor did I participate in that exchange. It was of no interest to me.
Really? If it was of no interest to you, then why did you bring it up now? I guess you think you're being clever by using the "I didn't start it" argument. But you're not fooling anyone.

If a newspaper printed an article intentionally containing a false accusation, even if they weren't the initiator of the accusation, that newspaper could be held libel. Do you not understand what the terms "slander" and "libel" mean?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not. If that were true, you wouldn't be on this forum shoving your opinion about what goes on between you and your god down everyone's throat. Now, would you?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all,Atheists are the least qualified to pass judgement on my behaviour.
Can you explain this oath or covenant that I have taken?
Do you believe in Christ or do you deny him?
Your attempts to make me feel guilt are futile.
Fuggedaboutit.......
You support stoning children, anyone who does not is certainly qualified to judge you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
When, who, and what evidence? This is the second time (that I've seen) in the last week that you've made this claim. I asked you to elaborate the last time, but you ignored my request... as I'm sure you will this time as well.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine, but it doesn't make what you say any more intelligent.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No curious. Right is right and wrong is wrong. When you lie, it's wrong. It's not arbitrary, it's just wrong.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted that you can't defend your arguments without insulting and cursing (and apparently deceit).

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was one cannot compare "volunteerism" to the paid givverment roles.
And some of us well realize, that in either realm, some just give wayyyyyy more than what they'll ever be monetarily compensated for....mostly because they're doing such for FAR nobler reasons, than just self serving greed.
If churches actually volunteered as much as they claim, their would be no need for help from the government.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently missed what started this conversation. Umm said that religious have done nothing for humanity. Understand now why I was pointing out just the relief effort that Christians have provided?
None of this makes your statements of the issue, true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>On that note...
I know you've never WORKED in the sciences, and ONLY know what you've read, written by MAN!
I know God is real... and you hate that!
I do not accept all scientific claims blindly as you do what the bible says. That is the difference.
Also, I know that science has some checks and balances, were as the bible has absolutely zero.
Science can alter its position when new evidence is found, the bible cannot.
Science asks nothing from me, but the bible does. The bible demands you behave as they command, without question. This is a dangerous recipe.

Thanks for showing all how much you demean science. It is the one trend that is consistent with all superstitions. It is a major reason I oppose religion.
So just keep in mind as you demean science, it only fuels my ambition to show religion for the superstition that it is. This is why religion is waning. Your fight against science is only hurting your ambition to recruit members.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.letusreason.org/Testim5.htm
read this, or are you afraid to learn more?
BTW I've asked, and received wisdom from the Lord, I still ask on occasion... NEVER did He say I should read the BOM!
Praying for wisdom for you, as you said... never give up on the ones you love!:-)
It is as if the voice you call a holy ghost is just your own thoughts.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Luckily, I never had the bed bugs .... or cockroaches for that matter .... pretty much never had a pest problem in my entire life.
I have... right here in this thread....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 102,301 - 102,320 of128,479
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
jon h 20 min zzzzzz 12
Anyone have any free kittens? 24 min Well 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 39 min DITCH MITCH 145,973
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 1 hr Holly 24
legalize marijuana 2 hr WEED EATER 3
Ronald Stevenson 3 hr stephanie 13
threesome 4 hr duh 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••