Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,116)

Showing posts 102,301 - 102,320 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

everyone** typo I really need to look b4 I post
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point was this: Your human nature hasn't changed either, even after your religious calling (or whatever you call it) You still break the rules, just like eveeyone else does, the only difference is...you're not supposed to according to scriptures.
Curious wrote: And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...
Sorta like what you are doing now??? Interesting!
You are basing your opinion based on your nonknowledge as to what has transpired in my life after I accepted Christ as my saviour.
Where it not for that change,I would today,commit the same acts that controlled me in the past.
That I am a sinner and fall short of the glory of God,there is no doubt in my mind.That I am unable to compensate for my wrong doings,I readily accept. That is one of the reasons why Christ came,to pay the debt that I am unable to pay.
What I do here is confess my belief in Christ,of which I am not ashamed.
You Atheists try to ridicule my beliefs to no avail.
In place of Christ you propose that man has the ability to change his sinful ways.
There is no evidence that has worked in the past,now or in the future.
As Duquette wrote,we need observe the behaviour of apes in order to learn about forgiveness."Grooming each other hardly leads to a change in human nature.
Declaring ourselves to never having committed an act for which we need feel ashamed is self righteousness and arrogance beyond belief.
That we can refine our ethics is nonsense.That does not lead to a change in our human nature,merely serves to pinpoint the defects that we have,not to cure them.
If ethics and our laws were the solution,our jails would not be filled to overflowing.
Those who live by their human nature,seldom,if ever, seek forgiveness.
To believe otherwise, totally contradicts what we can observe by reading the paper,watching the news and observing those around us.
On the other hand,you have convicted criminals,whose lives have been transformed by accepting Christ.
Jack"Murf the surf " Murphy
Eldridge Cleaver
Charles Colson, among others. Not to mention the many other average persons who are examples of what Christ has done to change their lives
Those who earnestly seek Christ,have found him to be true.
The misguided opinions of unbelievers in no way,are able to negate the strength and power of the word of our God.
Your futility in attempting to negate His word and existence has led you down a foolish path that has lead you to observing Apes in order to understand man's sinful nature.
You are heading down a one way street that leads to nowhere.
Me,I am still a sinner,saved by the grace of God....
Unbelievable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

[T]he only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government is the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible....Benjamin Rush.....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Fail. We are living longer than at any other time in all of history, even in the US. All other nations use the same food sources we do in the US. The funny thing is how much you are picking and choosing bits of research that only support your paranoia, nothing from the facts. All we have is some supposed "obesity epidemic," and is based on an unscientifically devised system, using nothing more than correlation being causation, from 50 years ago.

We bred wheat a very long time ago, using primitive genetic modification, I already stated that, are you slow?
Watch Forks over Knives to see some other interesting things besides obesity that we are now causing to ourselves.
And you can easily research the effects of what all these harmless additives really do to us. And these would be facts from scientists.
Yeah, I'm slow to believe you know what you are talking about.
You think living longer is due to High Fructose Corn Syrup or medical advancements?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>We have FDA and somewhere around 24,000 regulations concerning our food stocks... So what is it you think is being put into our food that is killing people?... Because if you can come up with Evidence that a company is inserting stuff that kills you i would think that would be kinda bad for future company sales... Genetically Altered crops have to go through many steps before they are allowed on store shelves and you stand a Much better chance of eating poisons on your local fruit and veggy stand that some local farmer grows and drags along side the road as that guy may have use all kinds of nasty stuff on his little garden...

I just don't like the large companies producing Hybrid crops as they do not produce viable seeds so the company has a monopoly on the seed stock for future grows but the end products are as safe as any crops...

But Specifically what stuff do you think companies are putting in food that will kill you? Maybe you have just not considered all the factors and some stuff some people say will kill you has been found to be good for you... Salt was one time good, then bad , then good, then bad..... Same with several things that have been bad for you at one time then later we are told it's good for you...
Wow, I thought you of all people would be less likely to believe the FDA keeps us safe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Absorbs 7 billion in charitable donations. Gives 52 million to feed hungry people. How bad at math are you?

Do you realize the number of lives that could be saved by the amount of money that your church takes in under guise of charity and instead spends on ludicrous garbage that helps nobody? So, sure, not overtly killing if that's what you're hung up on. Just killing through neglect and waste/displacement of charitable funds to could otherwise save human lives.
We don't tithe simply because some may go to charity work.

The funny thing about your argument is that not too long ago you were making the argument that the ones less intelligent than you and less fortunate need to die off so we get smarter as a society and have more resources for the rest. Yeah, I'm hurt that someone with that mentality is throwing rocks at my church for being the most hands on relief support of any other volunteer organization. Ouch

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch Forks over Knives to see some other interesting things besides obesity that we are now causing to ourselves.
And you can easily research the effects of what all these harmless additives really do to us. And these would be facts from scientists.
Yeah, I'm slow to believe you know what you are talking about.
You think living longer is due to High Fructose Corn Syrup or medical advancements?
"The damage harmless additives do" is a contradiction in terms.

Also, I have done research and all your nay-saying is from conspiracy nutters and "organic" food producers.
Deb

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
Our school was founded on beliefs of the bible. Schools began in churches. How could it be wrong to teach morals? To me, it's unconstitutional to not teach what our founding fathers believed so much in.
i couldn't agree with you more. Amen!!!!!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are basing your opinion based on your nonknowledge as to what has transpired in my life after I accepted Christ as my saviour.
Where it not for that change,I would today,commit the same acts that controlled me in the past.
That I am a sinner and fall short of the glory of God,there is no doubt in my mind.That I am unable to compensate for my wrong doings,I readily accept. That is one of the reasons why Christ came,to pay the debt that I am unable to pay.
What I do here is confess my belief in Christ,of which I am not ashamed.
You Atheists try to ridicule my beliefs to no avail.
In place of Christ you propose that man has the ability to change his sinful ways.
There is no evidence that has worked in the past,now or in the future.
As Duquette wrote,we need observe the behaviour of apes in order to learn about forgiveness."Grooming each other hardly leads to a change in human nature.
Declaring ourselves to never having committed an act for which we need feel ashamed is self righteousness and arrogance beyond belief.
That we can refine our ethics is nonsense.That does not lead to a change in our human nature,merely serves to pinpoint the defects that we have,not to cure them.
If ethics and our laws were the solution,our jails would not be filled to overflowing.
Those who live by their human nature,seldom,if ever, seek forgiveness.
To believe otherwise, totally contradicts what we can observe by reading the paper,watching the news and observing those around us.
On the other hand,you have convicted criminals,whose lives have been transformed by accepting Christ.
Jack"Murf the surf " Murphy
Eldridge Cleaver
Charles Colson, among others. Not to mention the many other average persons who are examples of what Christ has done to change their lives
Those who earnestly seek Christ,have found him to be true.
The misguided opinions of unbelievers in no way,are able to negate the strength and power of the word of our God.
Your futility in attempting to negate His word and existence has led you down a foolish path that has lead you to observing Apes in order to understand man's sinful nature.
You are heading down a one way street that leads to nowhere.
Me,I am still a sinner,saved by the grace of God....
I apologize if you think I ridicule you or your belief, that was and is not my intention. I am simply trying to point out you still (as you say fall short of the glory of God) You do confess your belief in Christ but you do more than that, You Judge others, you call ppl names, and you point fingers. You may have one finger pointing @ me, but you still have 3 pointing back at you. I guess my question is this: You are intentionally doing these acts, knowing they are wrong. So what does that make you? O yeah.. you said a sinner, saved by grace of God. Let me get this clear...you can intentionally sin daily , over and over day after day, and ask for forgiveness, and all is well in the kingdom; till of course the next time , then the cycle starts all over again? something jest ain't kosher there.
frktman

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
Ur right about not teaching all religions. But kids today need SOME kind of morals taught to them! Someone teaching them the difference between right and wrong! Because God knows parents aren't doing it!!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I thought you of all people would be less likely to believe the FDA keeps us safe.
I Don't Believe the FDA will keep us safe... I tend to not have Faith in anything, anyone, any government Just because they say I should... I consider all the information I can get and make informed decisions based on My Own conclusions... That also means I don't have Faith a bunch of folks that tell me modified foods are going to kill us all are correct either... I am Pro Human Life... So I have to consider all the unintended consequences from any position and weigh the Good versus Bad of each... And to go back to the Greenies ideas of Natural on this planet today means I have to approve of Billions of Dead Humans ...

The Point I was making with the FDA was to the post saying we need to not allow stuff in our food that will kill us... So I pointed out there are over 24,000 regulation to our food stocks and a Org to enforce them... And we have several Hundred if not 1000's of NGO's that also keep an eye on our food stocks... Just because a few of those NGO's say something is bad does not make it so...

I'm of the view that as an Adult American I should be able to put anything I want in to my body without exception... Based on My Own Decisions and the Government or any Org should have Nothing to say about it... If I want to shoot up 16 grains of morphine it should be My Choice... If I want to smoke dope, snort coke, smoke a cigarette or drink a beer No One other than my friends and family should have a say in it...

No One has to buy modified foods, they can plant a garden and grow their own... But in the world today modified food stocks are a necessity because we have a population that cannot be supported by commercial supplies without modifications and we have to keep vigilant Individually on what we put in our bodies, The FDA is to Me just an advisory org... Trust but Verify...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example of what I was talking about is DDT ban... The banning of DDT has caused the Deaths of Millions of Humans based on a Book "Silent Spring" that had little to do with the problem of thinning egg shells in some birds...

From a article :

"As early as 1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 10 years before widespread use of the pesticide."

But the banning caused a bloom in mosquito swarms, ticks, fleas and other disease caring pests that since the ban have killed 10's of Millions of people... No other pesticide has been found to work as well as DDT to this day.... And it was a compound that broke down in nature quickly and would not linger in the soil and water shed as some of the replacement chemicals we use today...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the commands in the bibles we now condemn, seems your religion got everything wrong.
That we,that you allude to,is a distinct minority of unbelievers
who look to a lesser intellect,for guidance.
Somehow,this minority has concluded that they can learn forgiveness from the behaviour of Apes.

" Let us groom each other,as Apes do,as proposed by Dukette and we will all be able to get along,
Or,we can adhere to your plan;

Make up our own individual rules,which conform to your imperfect human nature and judge yourself to be without sin.
You being judge and jury of your own actions..
Arrtogance and self righteousness beyond comprehension

Moreover,you compound your problem by professing to believe that nonliving matter,of it's own volition,can come to life.
Nonintelligent matter can somehow,of it's own volition create intelligence...
Of course,not one of the unbelievers is able to explain how these miraculous events took place...
Other than attributing them to some unknown unexplainable circumstances that supposedly occured millions and billions of years ago...Witnessed by no one and which they can not be duplicate.
That is reality to an unbeliever,,,,Nonsense and Gibberish to those who have come to know God.

We know He is the lifegiver and most assuredly,no one can duplicate his works...
No accidents there.
It was all created by design
B Goggins

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

I think this is critical, not only for the state of Ky. but for the whole USA. The school systems have spiraled downhill since prayer was removed from the schools

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

B Goggins wrote:
I think this is critical, not only for the state of Ky. but for the whole USA. The school systems have spiraled downhill since prayer was removed from the schools
Actually it has spiraled down hill since the stopped letting the high school kids go outside for a smoke break.... And it's went down hill Bell Bottoms stopped being worn....
sayin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

it will only get worse ,..
until America finally dies ,..
thanks to the progressives ,..the poor and low I.Q. folks are subsidized and prosper ,...
as the intelligent upper and middle class folks are punished with high taxes and high mortgages ,...
the poor will have have as many offspring as they wish ,..as the misguided liberal government encourages it all ,....
liberalism is a mental disorder

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

frktman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur right about not teaching all religions. But kids today need SOME kind of morals taught to them! Someone teaching them the difference between right and wrong! Because God knows parents aren't doing it!!
School already teach kids to obey the laws, that's society's morals, and since society's morals are better than those in the bible, we have seen a huge decrease in criminal activity.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example of what I was talking about is DDT ban... The banning of DDT has caused the Deaths of Millions of Humans based on a Book "Silent Spring" that had little to do with the problem of thinning egg shells in some birds...
From a article :
"As early as 1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 10 years before widespread use of the pesticide."
But the banning caused a bloom in mosquito swarms, ticks, fleas and other disease caring pests that since the ban have killed 10's of Millions of people... No other pesticide has been found to work as well as DDT to this day.... And it was a compound that broke down in nature quickly and would not linger in the soil and water shed as some of the replacement chemicals we use today...
Not to mention .... bed bugs, the only thing that kills them is DDT.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That we,that you allude to,is a distinct minority of unbelievers
who look to a lesser intellect,for guidance.
Somehow,this minority has concluded that they can learn forgiveness from the behaviour of Apes.
" Let us groom each other,as Apes do,as proposed by Dukette and we will all be able to get along,
Or,we can adhere to your plan;
Make up our own individual rules,which conform to your imperfect human nature and judge yourself to be without sin.
You being judge and jury of your own actions..
Arrtogance and self righteousness beyond comprehension
Moreover,you compound your problem by professing to believe that nonliving matter,of it's own volition,can come to life.
Nonintelligent matter can somehow,of it's own volition create intelligence...
Of course,not one of the unbelievers is able to explain how these miraculous events took place...
Other than attributing them to some unknown unexplainable circumstances that supposedly occured millions and billions of years ago...Witnessed by no one and which they can not be duplicate.
That is reality to an unbeliever,,,,Nonsense and Gibberish to those who have come to know God.
We know He is the lifegiver and most assuredly,no one can duplicate his works...
No accidents there.
It was all created by design
You make up your own "morals" as well, otherwise, if you followed the commands in the bible, you'd be in prison. So stop being dishonest, even your proposed source of "divine morals" is so barbaric no country would allow you to follow them.
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
In some cases you have to do your part first. Which would be to read it, then ask if it is true.
Would you expect an atheist to accept the Bible as truth before they read it?
Since my Dad "WAS" Mormon, and seeing the Joy in his heart, and eyes to understand the Gospel when he converted from Mormonism, and became a Christian...
The last BOM I held in my hand... I threw in the trash!
You should too!
You do not need the pollution of the Gospel!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 102,301 - 102,320 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

149 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Take America Back 139,164
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 28 min Mom 18
wreck 48 min Concerned 2
Thompson Park (Aug '13) 1 hr john 14
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,696
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 1 hr lolz 50
enoch boone (Oct '13) 2 hr missing DT 2
mark mills form flatlick found dead in bell co 2 hr stinger 4
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters