Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,232

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Mdw1206

Baltimore, MD

#107125 Jun 18, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Idiot beanbrain--there's plenty of farming and agriculture happening around up there.
NYC is just the one small armpit-- the historical doorknob on the once front doorway to America.
Not the constituants of fault, if elected duhmbos have yet to figure out, that doorway needs some shoring up, especially the swinging screen one that an o'kennedy left swinging wide open for any and everything to crawl through unaccounted for in the 60's.
Man, I could pelt you with seriously fine radishes grown of N.E. blue state learned agri'culture right now...except I wouldn't want to waste them lol.
Yeah, damn them blue states and cities who pay way more in than they get back. Look at the 10 biggest states who pay in less than they get back, they are all red states and mostly in the south

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107126 Jun 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
So you are upset that they know how to make money?

Location hidden

#107127 Jun 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You made the claim. The onus of evidence is upon you.
Anything I post you will dispute. Look it up for yourself and you might believe me.

Location hidden

#107128 Jun 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you were a Christian before you knew what a Christian was?
All babies are atheist.
But of course you followed the beliefs of your parents (Christian) just as 80% of all humans do. This is why religion is geographical.
I had spiritual experiences with God at an early age and came to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ and what He has done for us.

Location hidden

#107129 Jun 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Christian. I have zero doubt your parents were Christian and their parents were Christian and so on for many generations.
Now your particular flavor of Christianity is a bit different, but the general denomination is the same.
If you live in America, your peers are also Christian.
I would be surprised if you had many Muslim friends. The way you speak of atheists, you clearly have no atheist peers.
I associate with Muslims, atheists, Hindus, and a few from a religion I can't spell.
How do I speak of atheists?
Shunned

Frankfort, KY

#107130 Jun 18, 2013
This is a random post and I apologize up front for my rambling but I'm here seeking opinions that are like/similar to my own. I grew up in church, it was a wonderful place where I was educated about this extraordinary man, Jesus Christ, who performed miracles and saved souls.

However, during that time, as a child, I went through periods of verbal and sexual abuse from relatives and bullying in school from other children. I wondered where the good lord was at when I was dealing with this. I was such an innocent good child at that time who did not deserve the treatment I received but received no help whatsoever from the good lord.

Out of pride and embarrassment, I kept a lot of what happened to me a big secret until nearly a year ago because there were others I felt I needed to protect from a few of these animals. Now the secrets are out and I've been having to deal with them all over again. I've prayed for healing for such a long time but the emotional pain I've felt refuses to go away. And I'm still waiting on the good lord.

The emotional scars dished out to me hindered my confidence build up for years. I've been single all my life. It's torture, it's a living hell. I have managed to have earned a college degree and have been a very dedicated employee with a decent salary but have had to deal with a lot of political ass kissing bullshit.

All this negative stuff has been compounding and I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try. Where's the good lord?

I'm at a point in my life that I'm ready to officially cut ties with all friends and family and only deal with people I only have to deal with. All I ever wanted was status along with the American Dream. But all I have despite my efforts are emotional scars from the verbal/physical abuse. I've done my best to be a good person. I haven't hurt a soul but I have a heart that is crushed. I want this hurt to stop, I never asked for it, I prayed for the good lord's help but still feel void of it.

I should be a happily married soul with children and a good job, but life has flown half way by and part of that equation is empty despite having friends and to some extent, family. Trying to please so many not including myself has cost me a lot of happiness. Shame on me.

I feel absolutely pathetic, I feel as if I was brought into this world to be a whipping post and I hurt so bad for that. Where's the good lord?

I apologize for my yapping but I needed to vent anonymously and found the safe place to do it. I'm at the point where I'm on the verge of cutting out the rest of my family and friends from my life. I'm so tired of hurting. It's a tragedy to think I know what my purpose in the world is only to not have a clue when push comes to shove.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all the comments made both good and bad from those who choose to remark back to me.

Have a good evening.

Location hidden

#107131 Jun 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Christian. I always have been. The only difference is I do not believe it is right to tell God He can't speak to us anymore because we already have His Bible.

I believe you are living the Christian Life, showing your Christianity in the right manner. I respect that, and all who choose to live that life. The problem I have is those that confess God/Jesus as their personal savior, yet their actions show/prove the opposite.
Kinda like saying.. I know God said not to lie,,,,But
I know God said not to steal,,,,But
I know God said not to curse,,,,But
I know God said not to say Thou Fool ,,,,, But

Anything a person says before the word (but) is not taken seriously because anything a person says after the word (but) is nothing but an excuse for that very thing which they were specifically told not to do! I have a problem with that. I call those type people hypocrites!

I'm just judging a Tree by the Fruit it Bears!
Thank you for the compliment. I totally agree that people are way too relaxed in their salvation. I'm a "rules are rules" type of guy so I do my best to follow God's. I mess up from time to time, but I try to be a little better everyday.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#107133 Jun 18, 2013
Shunned wrote:
This is a random post and I apologize up front for my rambling but I'm here seeking opinions that are like/similar to my own. I grew up in church, it was a wonderful place where I was educated about this extraordinary man, Jesus Christ, who performed miracles and saved souls.
However, during that time, as a child, I went through periods of verbal and sexual abuse from relatives and bullying in school from other children. I wondered where the good lord was at when I was dealing with this. I was such an innocent good child at that time who did not deserve the treatment I received but received no help whatsoever from the good lord.
Out of pride and embarrassment, I kept a lot of what happened to me a big secret until nearly a year ago because there were others I felt I needed to protect from a few of these animals. Now the secrets are out and I've been having to deal with them all over again. I've prayed for healing for such a long time but the emotional pain I've felt refuses to go away. And I'm still waiting on the good lord.
The emotional scars dished out to me hindered my confidence build up for years. I've been single all my life. It's torture, it's a living hell. I have managed to have earned a college degree and have been a very dedicated employee with a decent salary but have had to deal with a lot of political ass kissing bullshit.
All this negative stuff has been compounding and I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try. Where's the good lord?
I'm at a point in my life that I'm ready to officially cut ties with all friends and family and only deal with people I only have to deal with. All I ever wanted was status along with the American Dream. But all I have despite my efforts are emotional scars from the verbal/physical abuse. I've done my best to be a good person. I haven't hurt a soul but I have a heart that is crushed. I want this hurt to stop, I never asked for it, I prayed for the good lord's help but still feel void of it.
I should be a happily married soul with children and a good job, but life has flown half way by and part of that equation is empty despite having friends and to some extent, family. Trying to please so many not including myself has cost me a lot of happiness. Shame on me.
I feel absolutely pathetic, I feel as if I was brought into this world to be a whipping post and I hurt so bad for that. Where's the good lord?
I apologize for my yapping but I needed to vent anonymously and found the safe place to do it. I'm at the point where I'm on the verge of cutting out the rest of my family and friends from my life. I'm so tired of hurting. It's a tragedy to think I know what my purpose in the world is only to not have a clue when push comes to shove.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all the comments made both good and bad from those who choose to remark back to me.
Have a good evening.
Go on the line to jw.org then scroll till you see (5) the book "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach" then look for chapter 11: "Why Does God Permit Suffering?"
There I'm sure you will find satisfying answers to your questions.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#107134 Jun 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are upset that they know how to make money?
That's something you're proud of, eh? You ponder that for a minute. I know you probably didn't click because you're scared of the internet or whatever, but regardless that's not what those links say. And I'm not upset... people take advantage of people and let other people starve every day. The concept is nothing out of the ordinary.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107135 Jun 18, 2013
Shunned wrote:
Have a good evening.
In my humble opinion you need to seek a Physiatrist and discuss your history in depth to them. They will help you more than any religious site on line could ever do. It's obvious this has followed you into your adulthood and continues to affect your life today. I wish you well.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107136 Jun 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the compliment. I totally agree that people are way too relaxed in their salvation. I'm a "rules are rules" type of guy so I do my best to follow God's. I mess up from time to time, but I try to be a little better everyday.
I certainly don't agree with everything you have to say, but I respect your presentation.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107138 Jun 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not accept all scientific claims blindly as you do what the bible says. That is the difference.
Also, I know that science has some checks and balances, were as the bible has absolutely zero.
Science can alter its position when new evidence is found, the bible cannot.
Science asks nothing from me, but the bible does. The bible demands you behave as they command, without question. This is a dangerous recipe.
Thanks for showing all how much you demean science. It is the one trend that is consistent with all superstitions. It is a major reason I oppose religion.
So just keep in mind as you demean science, it only fuels my ambition to show religion for the superstition that it is. This is why religion is waning. Your fight against science is only hurting your ambition to recruit members.
I have a check, and balance too!
The God of the Bible saved me!
End of story, no changes needed!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107139 Jun 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is as if the voice you call a holy ghost is just your own thoughts.
No....
Not my own thoughts, as "MY" own thoughts would be
something like "Nuke em ALL, and let God sort them out!"...
I'll bet you cannot guess what His reply was to that was!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107140 Jun 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I find it very hard to believe you have never done anything in which to feel guilty about.
Have you never hurt someones feelings and felt guilt for doing so?
I am not saying you feel guilty to this day for such things, but I would think the lessons you learned of guilt keep you from repeatedly hurting peoples feelings that you care about.
Now some people might need their feelings hurt a bit for some long term lessons to be taught. Anyone with kids, knows this.
"Now some people might need their feelings hurt a bit for some long term lessons to be taught. Anyone with kids, knows this."
So true!
Yet... some children never learn, but believe me...
When you learn that God is real, just as we've told you...
You'll understand why I've called you a tard!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107141 Jun 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you attribute one single thing to all our ills? Thanks for showing us how your mind works.
It's not just his mind... It says so in the Bible!
You can see it today... IF you open your eyes to the TRUTH!
Or keep them closed, and stay the course!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107142 Jun 19, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a quote in another forum.
The poster remarked that he often wondered why old Yahweh didn't take a couple more days during his creation of mankind so as to make a better human being.
Nothing worse than shoddy workmanship.
He could have made robots... A bunch of "Mini-me's"... No!
You have choices... choose wisely!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107143 Jun 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Christian. I always have been. The only difference is I do not believe it is right to tell God He can't speak to us anymore because we already have His Bible.
God speaks to me all the time!
The problem here is... You think you have the right Christ, and Christ never said you had to wear special underwear, and fly to Kolob a long with all the other Smith-ian garbage he ADDED to the Gospel of Christ..
No!
Smith was a conman!
This is ALL you need
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
Anything more... You've blown it!
Notice "only-begotten Son of God"...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107145 Jun 19, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no response to:
<quoted text>
Only to say you don't "hate" gays.
So if the buybull says homosexuality is an "abomination," are you just supposed to understand them, love them, and MAKE THEM STOP HAVING SEX?
How very kind of you.
You ignore the rest of what I say because you can't defend your ridiculous fantasy.
You just WANT to believe ONLY THE THINGS YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.
Shove the rest under the rug.
Christianity is a mental illness.
"MAKE THEM STOP HAVING SEX?" NO!
They have the right to be damned all they want... Just don't teach children to sin too! KEEP it behind Their own doors!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107146 Jun 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists keep regurtitating the same nonsense.
If you want to know God,seek him diligently,He will reveal himself,
That is the formula
Do not ask me to reveal him to you,I can not.
If you want to know him,you must seek him for yourself.
If you are not willing to take the necessary steps,then stop complaining.
Hearing the same nonsense,time and again,gets boring and inexcusable after a while.....
So true!
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107147 Jun 19, 2013
Shunned wrote:
Have a good evening.
Sounds a bit like my life!
Turn towards Christ, you'll find more peace than you thought!
God Bless :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you think 13 min Just sayin 1
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 14 min Michelle Who 14
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 16 min Just sayin 188
teena Marie mills 46 min john 15
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr Anonymous 22
hau mings mexican restaurant 2 hr NOBUGSFORME 1
dinky phipps 2 hr 1234aaa 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 24 dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match