Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
102,261 - 102,280 of 128,587 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So,when you commit a selfish,illegal or immoral act,which you know will hurt the recepient of that act and possibly others,you go ahead and do it anyway,and are able to live with yourself,because you feel guilty,after the fact.
If you knew it was wrong and people were going to be hurt,Why did you do it in the first place?
What does that make you?

A Human Being!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A banker.
LOL or that . Good one!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So,when you commit a selfish,illegal or immoral act,which you know will hurt the recepient of that act and possibly others,you go ahead and do it anyway,and are able to live with yourself,because you feel guilty,after the fact.
If you knew it was wrong and people were going to be hurt,Why did you do it in the first place?
What does that make you?
Damn! Time flies when you're having fun!

Actually, unless you are perfect curious, which you aren't, what does that make you? I would guess , just like everyone else in this world.

Is it your argument you are above these things because you believe in some sort of religion?(God, Bible) That you never break those 10 rules? That IF you ever do such things that you are special and your God will continue to show such favortism to you over and over , etc.(just because)BS
When my children were young, and they did something I specifically told them not to, I would bust their azz. They knew there was gonna be consequences for their actions!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

and those consequences were not gonna happen 75 yrs down the road when they died.. it was immediate!
ahh ha

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

dont you all worry,...
Christianity is slowly dyeing off ,...

by liberal / progressive government decree ,..they will be preaching Islam in all American schools within the next 20 years ,..

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ahh ha wrote:
dont you all worry,...
Christianity is slowly dyeing off ,...
by liberal / progressive government decree ,..they will be preaching Islam in all American schools within the next 20 years ,..
When Islam is even more conservative and regressive than Christianity? Yeah, there's another stroke of brilliant deduction straight out of the Hannity Handbook.
ahh ha

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

tell that to the women of islam ,..
who forceably get their clitoris crudly cut off with rusty razor blades ,...

or get stoned to deth for exposing too much ankle ,...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.letusreason.org/Testim5.htm
read this, or are you afraid to learn more?
BTW I've asked, and received wisdom from the Lord, I still ask on occasion... NEVER did He say I should read the BOM!
Praying for wisdom for you, as you said... never give up on the ones you love!:-)
Yeah I knew about most all of that before joining. You should look up FAIR.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. If you feel guilt you don't want to do it because of that feeling. Moron.
Well,according to you,you have a set of self imposed standards whereby,according to you,you have never done anything for which you need feel ashamed....LOL
You are either perfect or your standards are lower than a snakes belly...
Reminds me of Chubby Checker and The Limbo Rock;
How low can you go....
Yiagio,after being accused of being a pedophile by Quantummist,now wants to abolish the 10 commandments.
If he were succesful,then pedophilia would be considered acceptable behaviour.
Duquette would have us behave as Apes,whom,according to him,when they commit an immoral or illegal act,seek forgiveness from the victim by groomimg him or her.
That is beautiful.
Now,one would have complete freedom to break into someone's house,rape and pillage and simply come back to the victim,groom him,brush his teeth,comb his hair and all is forgotten.
But ,then,What could you expect from those who believe that we are part of the banana and cockroach family,as recently stated by Quantummist.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A banker.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that make you?
A banker.
Or ,more than likely, an idiot Atheist,masquerading as a fool
just sayin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

an idiot ,masquerading as a fool

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,according to you,you have a set of self imposed standards whereby,according to you,you have never done anything for which you need feel ashamed....LOL
You are either perfect or your standards are lower than a snakes belly...
Reminds me of Chubby Checker and The Limbo Rock;
How low can you go....
Yiagio,after being accused of being a pedophile by Quantummist,now wants to abolish the 10 commandments.
If he were succesful,then pedophilia would be considered acceptable behaviour.
Duquette would have us behave as Apes,whom,according to him,when they commit an immoral or illegal act,seek forgiveness from the victim by groomimg him or her.
That is beautiful.
Now,one would have complete freedom to break into someone's house,rape and pillage and simply come back to the victim,groom him,brush his teeth,comb his hair and all is forgotten.
But ,then,What could you expect from those who believe that we are part of the banana and cockroach family,as recently stated by Quantummist.
You have self imposed standards as well, only, more people agree with mine than yours. I do not condone stoning children like you do.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and the 10 commandments says nothing against pedophilia, but the bible endorses it.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that make you?
Damn! Time flies when you're having fun!
Actually, unless you are perfect curious, which you aren't, what does that make you? I would guess , just like everyone else in this world.
Is it your argument you are above these things because you believe in some sort of religion?(God, Bible) That you never break those 10 rules? That IF you ever do such things that you are special and your God will continue to show such favortism to you over and over , etc.(just because)BS
When my children were young, and they did something I specifically told them not to, I would bust their azz. They knew there was gonna be consequences for their actions!
I was not perfect before I knew Christ,nor am I perfect now.
The point being made is that human nature is defective and we,of our own volition, are unable to change that.
When we do something wrong,we know beforehand that it is wrong,but we do it anyway in order to satisfy those immoral desires that are contained in our human nature.
And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...
That is a fact and anyone denying that fact is a liar and is attempting to absolve himself for his or her corrupt nature.
The point being that,mankind,on his own,has shown a complete inability to change human nature.
The only one who has provided us with a solution to that problem is Jesus Christ.
Those who have earnestly tested Him,have found Him to be true.
Those who deny Him are still searching for excuses for their behaviour and seek to provide us with nonsensical solutions to that problem...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The point being made is that human nature is defective and we,of our own volition, are unable to change that.
When we do something wrong,we know beforehand that it is wrong,but we do it anyway in order to satisfy those immoral desires that are contained in our human nature.
And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...
That is a fact and anyone denying that fact is a liar and is attempting to absolve himself for his or her corrupt nature.
The point being that,mankind,on his own,has shown a complete inability to change human nature.
The only one who has provided us with a solution to that problem is Jesus Christ.
Those who deny Him are still searching for excuses for their behaviour and seek to provide us with nonsensical solutions to that problem...
Most of the commands in the bibles we now condemn, seems your religion got everything wrong.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for Q, he was wrong on that one. Pedophilia is not even a "legal" term, nor was it remotely applicable (psychologically) to Yiago's case. But, I guess you missed all the subsequent exchanges there. Or, as I really suspect, you prefer to cherry pick items out and present them fallaciously or out of context. It seems to be a continuing theme for you. Which, is odd since you're on here now preaching about morals and ethics.
I was not the one to accuse Yiagio of being a pedophile,nor would I.
I have no evidence to support that allegation.
It was an Atheist accusing another Atheist based on State laws.
I did not throw the first stone,nor did I participate in that exchange. It was of no interest to me.
I just find it amusing that Yiagio now, wants to abolish the 10 commandments.
That type of foolishness is absurd and humorous.
Kitty kodder has a better idea.
He believes that we should all have our own personal set of proper behaviour rules and judge ourselves according to our rules.
Seems to work real good for him.
Only person I've ever heard of who has never done anything for which they need feel ashamed of.
I remember someone saying" Some people feel no shame"
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point was this: Your human nature hasn't changed either, even after your religious calling (or whatever you call it) You still break the rules, just like eveeyone else does, the only difference is...you're not supposed to according to scriptures.

Curious wrote: And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...

Sorta like what you are doing now??? Interesting!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

everyone** typo I really need to look b4 I post
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point was this: Your human nature hasn't changed either, even after your religious calling (or whatever you call it) You still break the rules, just like eveeyone else does, the only difference is...you're not supposed to according to scriptures.
Curious wrote: And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...
Sorta like what you are doing now??? Interesting!
You are basing your opinion based on your nonknowledge as to what has transpired in my life after I accepted Christ as my saviour.
Where it not for that change,I would today,commit the same acts that controlled me in the past.
That I am a sinner and fall short of the glory of God,there is no doubt in my mind.That I am unable to compensate for my wrong doings,I readily accept. That is one of the reasons why Christ came,to pay the debt that I am unable to pay.
What I do here is confess my belief in Christ,of which I am not ashamed.
You Atheists try to ridicule my beliefs to no avail.
In place of Christ you propose that man has the ability to change his sinful ways.
There is no evidence that has worked in the past,now or in the future.
As Duquette wrote,we need observe the behaviour of apes in order to learn about forgiveness."Grooming each other hardly leads to a change in human nature.
Declaring ourselves to never having committed an act for which we need feel ashamed is self righteousness and arrogance beyond belief.
That we can refine our ethics is nonsense.That does not lead to a change in our human nature,merely serves to pinpoint the defects that we have,not to cure them.
If ethics and our laws were the solution,our jails would not be filled to overflowing.
Those who live by their human nature,seldom,if ever, seek forgiveness.
To believe otherwise, totally contradicts what we can observe by reading the paper,watching the news and observing those around us.
On the other hand,you have convicted criminals,whose lives have been transformed by accepting Christ.
Jack"Murf the surf " Murphy
Eldridge Cleaver
Charles Colson, among others. Not to mention the many other average persons who are examples of what Christ has done to change their lives
Those who earnestly seek Christ,have found him to be true.
The misguided opinions of unbelievers in no way,are able to negate the strength and power of the word of our God.
Your futility in attempting to negate His word and existence has led you down a foolish path that has lead you to observing Apes in order to understand man's sinful nature.
You are heading down a one way street that leads to nowhere.
Me,I am still a sinner,saved by the grace of God....
Unbelievable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

[T]he only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government is the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible....Benjamin Rush.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Obama Zombies 146,182
Stivers Center fixes 22 min City Slicker 26
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 44 min i know 81,568
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 52 min i know 1,013
Maggie Mills is on meth really bad she has sore... 1 hr Georgie 10
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Hero 26,183
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 1 hr Resisedent 45
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••