Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,084

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#106810 Jun 12, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention to who makes the biggest impact at disaster relief efforts. Maybe there is a big atheist helping hands group I'm not aware of. Or some scientist colony that gathers truckloads of food for those affected.
Without the scientists, there would be no food to send and no way to get it there.

As for an agency that is not religious, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, they often donate millions to very worthy and beneficial causes. You have already been informed of this, why do you so easily forget? Bill and Melinda are atheists.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#106811 Jun 12, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacious arguments do not prove points. They make you look stupid. Do you really not get my point?
Look at the total income of your own church. Look at the amount that actually goes to helping people. If that doesn't disgust you, punch yourself and look again. Repeat until appropriately disgusted. I mean, jeez... Wal-mart gives almost 2 billion a year in food charity. Is that a church? Compare that amount to your church.
Many of the people that donated that money expected it to do something that helps people. Almost all of it does no such thing. Religion is a leech. I don't care how well organized it is. If you used 1/2 of all church "income" to actually do good for people, then charitable spending would probably go up by an order of magnitude.
If they spent half of what they spend on temples to help the poor, there would be no poor in the US.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#106813 Jun 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what my test for God is,I have posted it many times.
The Atheist's lame excuses and absurd remarks, based on their ignorance of spiritual matters is what keeps all of you seeking an explanation for that which you claim does not exist.
Test for god:

1) Want there to be a god.
2) Believe what you want.
3) If 2) matches 1) then confirmed.

It's mathematical!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#106814 Jun 13, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
"Officials worked with 25 other states during the past two years to develop the changes with input from teachers, college faculty, scientists and engineers. Proponents say the standards are key to improving science education, along with career readiness and Kentucky’s economy."

Those darn, pesky educators always trying to improve education! Darn them! Why didn't they ask my pastor first?

I love that "some conservatives" are angry about the new science standards. They keep railing against nature but nature keeps ignoring them. When will they figure out that the way the world works has nothing to do with their belief in magic?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#106815 Jun 13, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Science is constantly growing and improving because knowledge is constantly growing and improving.
Certain sciences also hides evidence that disprove their theories... You know... Like Obama hiding behind Carney!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#106816 Jun 13, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? I know you're not, but oh how I wish you were. When I hear comments like these, I start to lose hope for humanity again.
http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christ ianity/0000ndxdarkages.php
Notice
"The Roman Christians from the fourth century"
in the first line, and replace that term with "Catholic"!
The catholic Bibles was in Latin, and the truth was held from lay persons!
Yes... They did a lot of damage in the name of "Their" god...
Not mine!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#106817 Jun 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The arrrogance and self righteousness of Atheists is a clear indication of their foolishness.
God is not hiding,neither is Our Lord,Jesus Christ
God is willing to reveal himself to those who seek him,as you well know.
1)If you diligently seek me,You will find me
2)Come to me,you who are heavenly laden,and I will give you rest
3)I stand at the door and knock,If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,I will come in
4)If you keep my words,I will reveal myself to you
5)I HAVE NOT COME TO CALL THE RIGHTEOUS,BUT SINNERS,TO REPENTANCE.
There is the formula for those who want to know God,including Scientists ,but,you already knew that....
Now,why would the arrogant and self righteous not seek God?
The answer is obvious,they would have to humble themselves,admit that they are sinners and that their definition of a "Good person"
is completely misguided.
Your human nature is faulty and defective,something Atheists are unable to come to grips with.
But,as the Atheist Kitten Kodder proudly proclaimed"I have never done anything for which I need feel ashamed"
You know what my test for God is,I have posted it many times.
The Atheist's lame excuses and absurd remarks, based on their ignorance of spiritual matters is what keeps all of you seeking an explanation for that which you claim does not exist.
Great post!
so true

United States

#106818 Jun 13, 2013
Top of the morning to you all. It is so funny how each day goes on , and the trails of it , seem to fade. May you each have a great one..
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others..
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#106819 Jun 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How I came to my belief in God,I have posted and you have already read.
Obviously you are not able to grasp or understand the process.
Yoy have to live and experience it for yourself.
No one can do it for you.
You know the formula,,,,All you need is the desire and courage to apply it...Otherwise,stop your complaining...
And,don't be afraid,,,,,Christ said, He who comes to me,I will in no wise cast out,,,He is true to his word...
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#106820 Jun 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one is supported by actual evidence of being a miracle and all fit well within natural explanations .... and most are just nuts like you trying to convince themselves that their delusion is not a delusion and thus will twist everything just to accomplish that.
Whatever you want to believe!
Good day!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#106821 Jun 13, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe!
Good day!
Yes, unlike you, I am not gullible, so I don't believe in any of your "miracles."

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#106822 Jun 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my argument is, without that establishment and common cause to gather and organize that type of effort, it would just be unorganized people trying to help where they can. And we see how the organized government efforts lack when they attempt this.
Not saying they wouldn't do anything. Communities come together sometimes too, but hardly ever as organized as when churches assign people to certain tasks or responsibilities. Our church is phenomenal at this...
Be sure to let the National Guard know how lacking their efforts are next time there's a major disaster, won't you? I'm sure they would love to hear your critique. You might want to stop by the hospital and remind the triage staff that your church could be doing everything a lot better if they would just get out of the way.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#106823 Jun 13, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that "some conservatives" are angry about the new science standards. They keep railing against nature but nature keeps ignoring them. When will they figure out that the way the world works has nothing to do with their belief in magic?
Based on a lot of the exchanges in this forum, I'm starting to think never.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#106825 Jun 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are saved, why haven't you been translated? Since Christ told us to keep learning more, and that we could know the mysteries of the kingdom, are you complete in your knowledge? Do you think that what little Jesus taught us is sufficient? Or should we try to learn more? We only have the teachings that those people were ready for at the time from the NT.
Not another gospel of Christ, but THE gospel of Christ. Not the one that was changed by Constantine's council of men. Not the one that was modified by the church once Kings figured out they could profit by modifying scripture and traditions. Not the one that Satan helped change just enough to cause division and confusion.
We are all spirit as well, but we are housed in a body, just as Jesus is. Think about it. We know He was resurrected. He has a body. And we know that He isn't the Father, because not even Jesus knows when the Father will have Him return.
Evidently the holy ghost is sending mixed messages.
Point is, if their really was a holy ghost giving out any information, their would be no dispute among believers. Fact is, their are over 38,000 different Christian sects. This does not bode well with the idea of a holy ghost.

"Not the one that Satan helped change just enough to cause division and confusion."
So not you are claiming the devil altered the bible? If so, then anytime you cite the bible, you could be citing Satan. I will forever remind you of this.
So just how can you know the book of Mormon was not altered by Satan?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#106826 Jun 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I've had questions. I wouldn't have changed churches after researching so many if I didn't have questions.
I dismiss Islam and Hinduism because I have received a testimony that Jesus is the Christ. Neither of those religions teach that, so I can't believe in their doctrine. Many Hindus can't even tell you why they believe what they believe. Or why there are so many flavors of Hinduism.
How in the world am I avoiding hard questions? I have answered everything you have asked.
Why are their so many flavors of Christianity? Clearly not all Christians are getting the same testimony. Either the holy ghost is just your mind thinking, or it is sending mixed messages.

You give statements, not answers, to many questions.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106827 Jun 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In Clemmon's essay "What is Man", he contends that it is human nature that people act according to their perceived best personal outcome. While I don't strictly agree with it, the proposal has merits that agree with and describe the motives behind most actions. The overwhelming majority of people are selfish in an overwhelming majority of their decisions.
Rather brooding with that remark are ye Henry Adams? Or on a lighter Burgess note--just squeaky, your parts in need of some oil?

A.Brooding
or
B. squeaky parts.

Conscious CHOICE A or B...even though only one is actually LOGICAL-because mere machines are NOT capable of such...

and SHAME-SHAME on anyone that would even begin to assume and treat another as if it was!!!!!!!!!!

(that subsection should've been sub-titled "What is INhumanity".)

PS on the quick read-appreciating the intelligence of something worthy of some actual discussion, rather than imbicilic personal attack others any and everything--@ third grade Mental_ity levels.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106828 Jun 13, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why are their so many flavors of Christianity? Clearly not all Christians are getting the same testimony. Either the holy ghost is just your mind thinking, or it is sending mixed messages.
Why are there so many flavors of anything?

Because people are NOT-repeat NOT- all the same.

That mindless dysfucntionality of inhuman(e)--goes to pre-programmed mindless robot machines types.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106829 Jun 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Itz all glorified ignorance catering 2 the lowest common denominator, yo.
Say that again Sam?

:-)
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106830 Jun 13, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christianity/0000ndxd...
Notice
"The Roman Christians from the fourth century"
in the first line, and replace that term with "Catholic"!
The catholic Bibles was in Latin, and the truth was held from lay persons!
Yes... They did a lot of damage in the name of "Their" god...
Not mine!
ANY one who uses such in ANY way to disparage, steer wrongly and/or thump others, ESPECIALLY in ways that are obviously just self serving and self exaulting, is doing damage....by insulting the actual intelligence of people that KNOW better.

(Did it ever occur to you YaA-that maybe that was just the more common language used of the times, in some of the more read sectors? Kind of like being in Italy, and expecting all the road signs to be en Englais, because France was located nearby....)

PS: Poking YaA back in he own eye, for lashing assumedly by choice, while possibly not exactly thinking in more depth.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106831 Jun 13, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why are their so many flavors of Christianity? Clearly not all Christians are getting the same testimony. Either the holy ghost is just your mind thinking, or it is sending mixed messages.
Would yew like a piece of penny jar candy?

Rootbeer, cherry, wintergreen, speariment, cinnamon, peppermint, grape, strawberry, lemon, lime, orange, mango, coconut,fig, chocolate, caramel, hazlenut, licorice (red, black, purple or other subflavors of)...

Your particular personal preference being?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thieves on 1527 11 min peek a boo 3
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min DITCH MITCH 5,965
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min positronium 154,352
Judge ex and mayor have free db festival tickets 24 min Beggars 2
kC principal injured 39 min idk 10
Mike Smith, Mike Warren, Mike Baker 1 hr Real Deal 7
Homeschooled girls gone wild 2 hr True Anon 3
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 9 hr curious 16
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 14 hr gator 26
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••