Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,885

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106950 Jun 15, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh my......is that like having budgets that come from taxes, to pay for expenditures that only recoup the initial base tax off the expenditures expended?
It is fiscal nonsense, to sales tax exempt such a huge monstrosity of SPENDING.
Your post is pure gibberish.
A sound infrastructure does not facilitate an economy? The DOT needs to pay sales tax for gasoline to help pay for roads? Schools need to pay property taxes to help pay for education? WTF, lady? Sequestering isn't bad enough on its own? Put down the tea cup and back away....
Clearly, you have no concept about the matter, but I'll toss you a bone.
Salaries make up a large portion of the budgets, so all of those "givverment" worker paychecks are paying back the "givverment" in property, service and sales taxes, fees, etc. WITHOUT any tax exemptions - the same as every other marketplace consumer.
Goods which are purchased from vendors by tax dollars also pay for private worker salaries and company incomes, which in turn provide taxes through spending and operations.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#106951 Jun 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda reminds me of Yiagio,When Quantummist pointed out to him,that,based on the law,he was a pedophile, Yiagio set his hair on fire denying the allegations,based on his opinion of himself.
Human nature has a penchant for excusing it's illegal and immoral behaviour when it pertains to self,while condeming others for the same behaviour.
Unfortunately for Q, he was wrong on that one. Pedophilia is not even a "legal" term, nor was it remotely applicable (psychologically) to Yiago's case. But, I guess you missed all the subsequent exchanges there. Or, as I really suspect, you prefer to cherry pick items out and present them fallaciously or out of context. It seems to be a continuing theme for you. Which, is odd since you're on here now preaching about morals and ethics.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106952 Jun 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So,when you commit a selfish,illegal or immoral act,which you know will hurt the recepient of that act and possibly others,you go ahead and do it anyway,and are able to live with yourself,because you feel guilty,after the fact.
If you knew it was wrong and people were going to be hurt,Why did you do it in the first place?
What does that make you?

A Human Being!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106953 Jun 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A banker.
LOL or that . Good one!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106954 Jun 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So,when you commit a selfish,illegal or immoral act,which you know will hurt the recepient of that act and possibly others,you go ahead and do it anyway,and are able to live with yourself,because you feel guilty,after the fact.
If you knew it was wrong and people were going to be hurt,Why did you do it in the first place?
What does that make you?
Damn! Time flies when you're having fun!

Actually, unless you are perfect curious, which you aren't, what does that make you? I would guess , just like everyone else in this world.

Is it your argument you are above these things because you believe in some sort of religion?(God, Bible) That you never break those 10 rules? That IF you ever do such things that you are special and your God will continue to show such favortism to you over and over , etc.(just because)BS
When my children were young, and they did something I specifically told them not to, I would bust their azz. They knew there was gonna be consequences for their actions!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106955 Jun 15, 2013
and those consequences were not gonna happen 75 yrs down the road when they died.. it was immediate!
ahh ha

AOL

#106956 Jun 15, 2013
dont you all worry,...
Christianity is slowly dyeing off ,...

by liberal / progressive government decree ,..they will be preaching Islam in all American schools within the next 20 years ,..

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106957 Jun 15, 2013
ahh ha wrote:
dont you all worry,...
Christianity is slowly dyeing off ,...
by liberal / progressive government decree ,..they will be preaching Islam in all American schools within the next 20 years ,..
When Islam is even more conservative and regressive than Christianity? Yeah, there's another stroke of brilliant deduction straight out of the Hannity Handbook.
ahh ha

AOL

#106958 Jun 15, 2013
tell that to the women of islam ,..
who forceably get their clitoris crudly cut off with rusty razor blades ,...

or get stoned to deth for exposing too much ankle ,...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#106959 Jun 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.letusreason.org/Testim5.htm
read this, or are you afraid to learn more?
BTW I've asked, and received wisdom from the Lord, I still ask on occasion... NEVER did He say I should read the BOM!
Praying for wisdom for you, as you said... never give up on the ones you love!:-)
Yeah I knew about most all of that before joining. You should look up FAIR.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106960 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. If you feel guilt you don't want to do it because of that feeling. Moron.
Well,according to you,you have a set of self imposed standards whereby,according to you,you have never done anything for which you need feel ashamed....LOL
You are either perfect or your standards are lower than a snakes belly...
Reminds me of Chubby Checker and The Limbo Rock;
How low can you go....
Yiagio,after being accused of being a pedophile by Quantummist,now wants to abolish the 10 commandments.
If he were succesful,then pedophilia would be considered acceptable behaviour.
Duquette would have us behave as Apes,whom,according to him,when they commit an immoral or illegal act,seek forgiveness from the victim by groomimg him or her.
That is beautiful.
Now,one would have complete freedom to break into someone's house,rape and pillage and simply come back to the victim,groom him,brush his teeth,comb his hair and all is forgotten.
But ,then,What could you expect from those who believe that we are part of the banana and cockroach family,as recently stated by Quantummist.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106961 Jun 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A banker.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that make you?
A banker.
Or ,more than likely, an idiot Atheist,masquerading as a fool
just sayin

AOL

#106962 Jun 15, 2013
an idiot ,masquerading as a fool

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#106963 Jun 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,according to you,you have a set of self imposed standards whereby,according to you,you have never done anything for which you need feel ashamed....LOL
You are either perfect or your standards are lower than a snakes belly...
Reminds me of Chubby Checker and The Limbo Rock;
How low can you go....
Yiagio,after being accused of being a pedophile by Quantummist,now wants to abolish the 10 commandments.
If he were succesful,then pedophilia would be considered acceptable behaviour.
Duquette would have us behave as Apes,whom,according to him,when they commit an immoral or illegal act,seek forgiveness from the victim by groomimg him or her.
That is beautiful.
Now,one would have complete freedom to break into someone's house,rape and pillage and simply come back to the victim,groom him,brush his teeth,comb his hair and all is forgotten.
But ,then,What could you expect from those who believe that we are part of the banana and cockroach family,as recently stated by Quantummist.
You have self imposed standards as well, only, more people agree with mine than yours. I do not condone stoning children like you do.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#106964 Jun 15, 2013
Oh, and the 10 commandments says nothing against pedophilia, but the bible endorses it.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106965 Jun 15, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that make you?
Damn! Time flies when you're having fun!
Actually, unless you are perfect curious, which you aren't, what does that make you? I would guess , just like everyone else in this world.
Is it your argument you are above these things because you believe in some sort of religion?(God, Bible) That you never break those 10 rules? That IF you ever do such things that you are special and your God will continue to show such favortism to you over and over , etc.(just because)BS
When my children were young, and they did something I specifically told them not to, I would bust their azz. They knew there was gonna be consequences for their actions!
I was not perfect before I knew Christ,nor am I perfect now.
The point being made is that human nature is defective and we,of our own volition, are unable to change that.
When we do something wrong,we know beforehand that it is wrong,but we do it anyway in order to satisfy those immoral desires that are contained in our human nature.
And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...
That is a fact and anyone denying that fact is a liar and is attempting to absolve himself for his or her corrupt nature.
The point being that,mankind,on his own,has shown a complete inability to change human nature.
The only one who has provided us with a solution to that problem is Jesus Christ.
Those who have earnestly tested Him,have found Him to be true.
Those who deny Him are still searching for excuses for their behaviour and seek to provide us with nonsensical solutions to that problem...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#106966 Jun 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The point being made is that human nature is defective and we,of our own volition, are unable to change that.
When we do something wrong,we know beforehand that it is wrong,but we do it anyway in order to satisfy those immoral desires that are contained in our human nature.
And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...
That is a fact and anyone denying that fact is a liar and is attempting to absolve himself for his or her corrupt nature.
The point being that,mankind,on his own,has shown a complete inability to change human nature.
The only one who has provided us with a solution to that problem is Jesus Christ.
Those who deny Him are still searching for excuses for their behaviour and seek to provide us with nonsensical solutions to that problem...
Most of the commands in the bibles we now condemn, seems your religion got everything wrong.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106967 Jun 15, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for Q, he was wrong on that one. Pedophilia is not even a "legal" term, nor was it remotely applicable (psychologically) to Yiago's case. But, I guess you missed all the subsequent exchanges there. Or, as I really suspect, you prefer to cherry pick items out and present them fallaciously or out of context. It seems to be a continuing theme for you. Which, is odd since you're on here now preaching about morals and ethics.
I was not the one to accuse Yiagio of being a pedophile,nor would I.
I have no evidence to support that allegation.
It was an Atheist accusing another Atheist based on State laws.
I did not throw the first stone,nor did I participate in that exchange. It was of no interest to me.
I just find it amusing that Yiagio now, wants to abolish the 10 commandments.
That type of foolishness is absurd and humorous.
Kitty kodder has a better idea.
He believes that we should all have our own personal set of proper behaviour rules and judge ourselves according to our rules.
Seems to work real good for him.
Only person I've ever heard of who has never done anything for which they need feel ashamed of.
I remember someone saying" Some people feel no shame"
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106968 Jun 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point was this: Your human nature hasn't changed either, even after your religious calling (or whatever you call it) You still break the rules, just like eveeyone else does, the only difference is...you're not supposed to according to scriptures.

Curious wrote: And when we do that which we know to bw wrong,we justify that behaviour in order to satisfy those desires,but we condem that same type of behaviour in others...

Sorta like what you are doing now??? Interesting!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106969 Jun 15, 2013
everyone** typo I really need to look b4 I post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 3 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 5 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 7 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 8 hr Curious 3
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 8 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 8 hr koko 53
Court Dockets 10 hr Jackie 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 11 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills Fri Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3