Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
102,101 - 102,120 of 128,911 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your simplistic self serving response is what one would expect from
a self righteous arrogant unbeliever..
Certainly is not based on what is known about human nature.
LOL! An observation on human nature?
This coming from a simplistic self-serving self-righteous arrogant believer in absolutes certainly carries a lot of weight.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in banking and admitted that he's done bad things for which he holds no remorse. Since that indicates ASPD, he likely has no concept of either guilt or shame, and doesn't care to know the difference.
Chromuiman,you are, True to your Atheist roots,A natural born liar....

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chromuiman,you are, True to your Atheist roots,A natural born liar....
Nope, I've never had that "talent." I get in enough trouble just having a decent memory and being inconveniently observant.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your simplistic self serving response is what one would expect from
a self righteous arrogant unbeliever..
Certainly is not based on what is known about human nature.
I would say all of the philosophy I cited is based upon human nature. You are so anti-science, I really doubt you know much about what it says about human nature. So you likely rely on flawed perceptions to tell you about human nature. Or maybe your nature is just bad.

The philosophy I spoke of serves more than just myself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Type this in your search engine, and read something that will squelch your ignorance!
"miracle stories Christian"
Not one is supported by actual evidence of being a miracle and all fit well within natural explanations .... and most are just nuts like you trying to convince themselves that their delusion is not a delusion and thus will twist everything just to accomplish that.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Before you get all teary eyed about the good religion does, chew on a Rolaid and consider the point that no one does anything except for selfish reasons.
Read Mark Twain's "What is Man?"
What?
Do you have children?
Your statement does not compute with this parent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

fight it wrote:
<quoted text>every time i read yout posts its in joe dirt's voice...
Hahaha

Hey man, you just gotta keep on keepin on man

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>My Bible does not have "The book of Abraham"!
"Don't you think further revelation is necessary", NO!
Since Christ saved me, without knowing a thing about Mormonism,
I'd say that all this "Confusion" is from the evil one!
To Eve; Did God really say....?
Yes, yes He did!
Another Gospel of Christ? Keep it if you want, but I tell you
the Truth... You don't need anything other than Christ!
God is a Spirit, He don't live on a planet!
THINK about it!
Otherwise... SCRIPTURE means nothing!
If you are saved, why haven't you been translated? Since Christ told us to keep learning more, and that we could know the mysteries of the kingdom, are you complete in your knowledge? Do you think that what little Jesus taught us is sufficient? Or should we try to learn more? We only have the teachings that those people were ready for at the time from the NT.

Not another gospel of Christ, but THE gospel of Christ. Not the one that was changed by Constantine's council of men. Not the one that was modified by the church once Kings figured out they could profit by modifying scripture and traditions. Not the one that Satan helped change just enough to cause division and confusion.

We are all spirit as well, but we are housed in a body, just as Jesus is. Think about it. We know He was resurrected. He has a body. And we know that He isn't the Father, because not even Jesus knows when the Father will have Him return.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>No, but I know people with 3rd and 4th century brains who wear hats.
Intriguing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree this isn't right. When was this? Was it a time when the country was still employing segregation? I know it isn't doctrinal.
I misunderstood the woman asked to cover up, and I can't find the original post now. What happened again?

Hard for you to get past the visual huh? lol
Hey life's a garden, dig it

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, call me old fashioned, but I'd rather watch Jeannie than Sister Wives. For that matter, there are days I think it would be better to watch a radio than hear it - especially since in these parts half of the radio stations claim to be the Voice of God.
I do agree that society has been greatly harmed by the "anything for a buck" media.
Yep, smut and crap sells

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Call it god or call it doctrine, you believe the doctrine without question, thus you are believing in that god without question. If their doctrine is different then their god is somewhat different.
You dismiss their doctrine, why? Do you logic or blind faith?
I dismiss both of yours due to logic.
You really are just avoiding these hard questions.
Need I specifically ask why you dismiss the Hindu gods?
Of course I've had questions. I wouldn't have changed churches after researching so many if I didn't have questions.
I dismiss Islam and Hinduism because I have received a testimony that Jesus is the Christ. Neither of those religions teach that, so I can't believe in their doctrine. Many Hindus can't even tell you why they believe what they believe. Or why there are so many flavors of Hinduism.

How in the world am I avoiding hard questions? I have answered everything you have asked.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Do you have children?
Your statement does not compute with this parent.
Yes, in fact I do. Have you read the essay?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Intriguing
I don't find them so.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, smut and crap sells
Itz all glorified ignorance catering 2 the lowest common denominator, yo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, in fact I do. Have you read the essay?
What essay?

You seriously can't do anything without selfish reasons?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Look at how many organized help efforts for natural disasters are religion based.
No. You are conflating religion with people. People are what is good. There is nothing positive the religion produces that people would not produce without religion. It's a really obnoxious argument to pretend otherwise.

I won't deny that some religions mix in some positive with the oppression and mind control, so don't think I'm doing that. It's obvious to me that there is an amount of good that people do under the banner of religion. But it should be obvious to you that the argument you're tossing around is entirely fallacious, unless you believe that people are simply terrible if they don't join a religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
No. You are conflating religion with people. People are what is good. There is nothing positive the religion produces that people would not produce without religion. It's a really obnoxious argument to pretend otherwise.

I won't deny that some religions mix in some positive with the oppression and mind control, so don't think I'm doing that. It's obvious to me that there is an amount of good that people do under the banner of religion. But it should be obvious to you that the argument you're tossing around is entirely fallacious, unless you believe that people are simply terrible if they don't join a religion.
No, my argument is, without that establishment and common cause to gather and organize that type of effort, it would just be unorganized people trying to help where they can. And we see how the organized government efforts lack when they attempt this.
Not saying they wouldn't do anything. Communities come together sometimes too, but hardly ever as organized as when churches assign people to certain tasks or responsibilities. Our church is phenomenal at this. Streamlined to an efficient process. I was impressed when I learned of it. I've seen many local churches do the same type of response.
You can throw your negative junk around about mind control, but when the over all theme is charity and service, I wouldn't knock it. Or else we end up with selfishness, arrogance and negativity.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What essay?
You seriously can't do anything without selfish reasons?
In Clemmon's essay "What is Man", he contends that it is human nature that people act according to their perceived best personal outcome. While I don't strictly agree with it, the proposal has merits that agree with and describe the motives behind most actions. The overwhelming majority of people are selfish in an overwhelming majority of their decisions.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my argument is, without that establishment and common cause to gather and organize that type of effort, it would just be unorganized people trying to help where they can.
Yes, because the world never organizes anything if religion isn't involved, right? Come on. If you can see how broken your argument is, I don't know if you can be helped.

The simple fact of the matter is that people who are inclined to help people will do so. And that means that they will organize to do so, as people are so adept at doing, with or without religion. I believe that people are good without having the hell myth hanging over their head. If I overestimate you, let me know, but for now I'll give you credit for having the innate capability of being moral and wanting to help your fellow man with or without LDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Melussa 1
Teresa Johnson and Rex 3 hr Dang 2
Jason Lee (Oct '13) 3 hr PalfromGA 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jay 146,845
Marlena cox 4 hr Tara 60
Did anyone go to the SOAR listening session? 5 hr Jack 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs