Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,134

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106768 Jun 12, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit...just because that may be how YOU operate, doesn't mean everybody is like that.
Mark Twain-chaser of gold nuggets and gambling, drink and fame. Till he found New England to brood and roost his dark little self in anyway.
You didn't answer the question. Have you read the essay?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106770 Jun 12, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with well mixed and solid?
Too bad...that's your problem.
Beats the heck out of being an airheadish, self stumbling lunaTic.
It enables my ability to offer you the directive of where to put your ^.
Not when well mixed and solid is describing concrete... but when it's describing one's mindset....yeah it's a problem. Thanks for proving my point in your second rant!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106771 Jun 12, 2013
fight it wrote:
<quoted text>every time i read yout posts its in joe dirt's voice...
LOL!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#106772 Jun 12, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree this isn't right. When was this? Was it a time when the country was still employing segregation? I know it isn't doctrinal.
I misunderstood the woman asked to cover up, and I can't find the original post now. What happened again?
fight it wrote:
<quoted text>every time i read yout posts its in joe dirt's voice...
Hard for you to get past the visual huh? lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#106773 Jun 12, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm speaking of the country as a whole. The media has done a lot to lower our standards from where they were 50, even 15 years ago. The things that air on prime time regular channels now, would have only been seen on HBO or Skinamax when I was a kid. I'm sure old timers would be able to remember when Jeannie couldn't show her belly button.
Yup, call me old fashioned, but I'd rather watch Jeannie than Sister Wives. For that matter, there are days I think it would be better to watch a radio than hear it - especially since in these parts half of the radio stations claim to be the Voice of God.
I do agree that society has been greatly harmed by the "anything for a buck" media.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#106774 Jun 12, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're judging the validity of the god they worship. In some cases, it is the same God that different religions worship. This is where doctrine is important.
Call it god or call it doctrine, you believe the doctrine without question, thus you are believing in that god without question. If their doctrine is different then their god is somewhat different.
You dismiss their doctrine, why? Do you logic or blind faith?
I dismiss both of yours due to logic.
You really are just avoiding these hard questions.
Need I specifically ask why you dismiss the Hindu gods?
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106775 Jun 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. Have you read the essay?
No...just a ton of his (and other) related stuff.
So what was the question first?
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106776 Jun 12, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when well mixed and solid is describing concrete... but when it's describing one's mindset....yeah it's a problem. Thanks for proving my point in your second rant!
I didn't say it-not my problem.
There's people like that all over the world. Think it's better sometimes to stand solid for one's principles, rather than just to suck up to and for any old thing though, with out having any principles.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#106777 Jun 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just your critical tongue wagging again
Well....it's a native thing...See Twain lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#106778 Jun 12, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
No...just a ton of his (and other) related stuff.
So what was the question first?
I think it was, "Do you approve of contempt prior to investigation?"
You answered it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#106779 Jun 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The arrrogance and self righteousness of Atheists is a clear indication of their foolishness.
God is not hiding,neither is Our Lord,Jesus Christ
God is willing to reveal himself to those who seek him,as you well know.
1)If you diligently seek me,You will find me
2)Come to me,you who are heavenly laden,and I will give you rest
3)I stand at the door and knock,If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,I will come in
4)If you keep my words,I will reveal myself to you
5)I HAVE NOT COME TO CALL THE RIGHTEOUS,BUT SINNERS,TO REPENTANCE.
There is the formula for those who want to know God,including Scientists ,but,you already knew that....
Now,why would the arrogant and self righteous not seek God?
The answer is obvious,they would have to humble themselves,admit that they are sinners and that their definition of a "Good person"
is completely misguided.
Your human nature is faulty and defective,something Atheists are unable to come to grips with.
But,as the Atheist Kitten Kodder proudly proclaimed"I have never done anything for which I need feel ashamed"
You know what my test for God is,I have posted it many times.
The Atheist's lame excuses and absurd remarks, based on their ignorance of spiritual matters is what keeps all of you seeking an explanation for that which you claim does not exist.
I can admit wrong doings without a god. Usually I ask the person I transgressed for forgiveness, not some god that had nothing to do with the incident.
My burdened, guilty mind helps prevent me from repeating the transgressions.
Working to earn forgiveness from the transgressed helps remind me to not repeat the offense.

But thanks for telling is what you think we think. Did you read that in your propaganda handbook?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#106780 Jun 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The arrrogance and self righteousness of Atheists is a clear indication of their foolishness.
God is not hiding,neither is Our Lord,Jesus Christ
God is willing to reveal himself to those who seek him,as you well know.
1)If you diligently seek me,You will find me
2)Come to me,you who are heavenly laden,and I will give you rest
3)I stand at the door and knock,If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,I will come in
4)If you keep my words,I will reveal myself to you
5)I HAVE NOT COME TO CALL THE RIGHTEOUS,BUT SINNERS,TO REPENTANCE.
There is the formula for those who want to know God,including Scientists ,but,you already knew that....
Now,why would the arrogant and self righteous not seek God?
The answer is obvious,they would have to humble themselves,admit that they are sinners and that their definition of a "Good person"
is completely misguided.
Your human nature is faulty and defective,something Atheists are unable to come to grips with.
But,as the Atheist Kitten Kodder proudly proclaimed"I have never done anything for which I need feel ashamed"
You know what my test for God is,I have posted it many times.
The Atheist's lame excuses and absurd remarks, based on their ignorance of spiritual matters is what keeps all of you seeking an explanation for that which you claim does not exist.
I really have no idea if you have a test for the gods. I assume you believe in the god your parents raised you to believe in as with most all people.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#106781 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I can admit wrong doings without a god. Usually I ask the person I transgressed for forgiveness, not some god that had nothing to do with the incident.
Working to earn forgiveness from the transgressed helps remind me to not repeat the offense.
But thanks for telling is what you think we think. Did you read that in your propaganda handbook?
He was in banking and admitted that he's done bad things for which he holds no remorse. Since that indicates ASPD, he likely has no concept of either guilt or shame, and doesn't care to know the difference.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#106782 Jun 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Freedom means you have to go before the school board and tell them what to teach your children. People don't like that, but this is the system.
If your school won't teach your children what they need to learn, find another school.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201306...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106783 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I can admit wrong doings without a god. Usually I ask the person I transgressed for forgiveness, not some god that had nothing to do with the incident.
Your simplistic self serving response is what one would expect from
a self righteous arrogant unbeliever..
Certainly is not based on what is known about human nature.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106784 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I really have no idea if you have a test for the gods. I assume you believe in the god your parents raised you to believe in as with most all people.
How I came to my belief in God,I have posted and you have already read.
Obviously you are not able to grasp or understand the process.
Yoy have to live and experience it for yourself.
No one can do it for you.
You know the formula,,,,All you need is the desire and courage to apply it...Otherwise,stop your complaining...
And,don't be afraid,,,,,Christ said, He who comes to me,I will in no wise cast out,,,He is true to his word...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#106785 Jun 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! An observation on human nature?
This coming from a simplistic self-serving self-righteous arrogant believer in absolutes certainly carries a lot of weight.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#106786 Jun 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in banking and admitted that he's done bad things for which he holds no remorse. Since that indicates ASPD, he likely has no concept of either guilt or shame, and doesn't care to know the difference.
Chromuiman,you are, True to your Atheist roots,A natural born liar....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#106787 Jun 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chromuiman,you are, True to your Atheist roots,A natural born liar....
Nope, I've never had that "talent." I get in enough trouble just having a decent memory and being inconveniently observant.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#106788 Jun 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say all of the philosophy I cited is based upon human nature. You are so anti-science, I really doubt you know much about what it says about human nature. So you likely rely on flawed perceptions to tell you about human nature. Or maybe your nature is just bad.

The philosophy I spoke of serves more than just myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Uncle Tab 155,593
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Guest 454 7,472
Barbourville Boys Basketball 11 min Elderado 1
Barbourville Basketball Team? 15 min Elderado 1
Stealing from child's grave 21 min Family 27
KC bville lynncamp, who has the best cheer squad? 40 min get it 8
Did they they ban the psycho parent from footba... 1 hr PantherNation 2
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info