Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,017)

Showing posts 100,321 - 100,340 of128,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you cannot prove one single shred of it... Pathetic
Proof is the DNA relation. You just do not accept the evidence. The evidence proves to the experts that evolution is fact.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Evidence shows that a man and not a god made up the writings of the bible. Churches changing their doctrines today that were proved to be immoral,unethical and irrational.

It may seem unethical, immoral, and irrational to let the perpetrator go unpunished while cursing the son of the perpetrator and further cursing all of his descendents. However this concept of scapegoating -- of transferring punishment from a sinful person to innocent persons is a theme that runs throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Ham is described in Genesis 9 as a son of Noah who had seen his father naked. Ham himself was not punished. But Ham's son, Canaan, was cursed.
Genesis 9:25-27

Evidence shows that a man not a god made up the writings of the bible. Churches changing doctrines in recent in our era that were proved to be immoral,unethical and irrational.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... You can't answer... Cool... And no I'm talking about not Abiogenesis ... ToE is change through reproduction and I didn't ask you for the origin of life.. My questions were valid... Sorry... Next?
I can't answer what? You most certainly did throw in the origin of life. That's your whole "cause and effect" argument. Change through reproduction? Where did you get that from? You really don't understand any of this do you?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
I don't even know what your argument is here. Are you being sarcastic?
Doc

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

More nonsense about a mythological fictitious book that does not belong in any public school. The bible is a specific religious book for Christians only. It cannot be used nor can any of its ludicrous teachings be implemented in any public school. How would it be if the Koran was required; or the cult bible of the Mormons who believe that Christ resides on a planet in another universe; -talk about stupid. It is illegal and people proposing it are not only ignorant but border on their stupidity being a scientific discipline. The bible has nothing to do with anything except for those who believe its nonsense. I propose that the 3 stooge senators undergo immediate psychiatric examination and treatment for crimes against humanity and mental retardation
Doc

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

God does not exist, but Jesus has been known to save S&H Green stamps.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Some of you morons are saying things so abysmally stupid that I don't even know what your point is, which I would have to know to be able to respond. And the remainder is the same tired garbage from well known fundamentalist sites that we've all seen before and that still don't make sense or hold water, no matter how many times you scream it, so I don't feel like responding to that.

Quick reboot:
We are talking about a scientific topic. Everyone who has taken the time to read on the subject knows how science produced the theory of evolution, and how it has stood for years while under constant assault and scrutiny for a large part of that time.
So, if we are going to veer off into intelligent design land, and if we are going to treat intelligent design as if it is a scientific theory that can be put on the same shelf as evolution and debate, I want to know how science produced the "theory" of intelligent design.

I don't want to see a single "I'm too stupid to understand evolution so I'm going to try to play gotcha over some stuff I think is clever". Don't even mention evolution. Just explain why anyone should even bother debating intelligent design by demonstrating how science produced it. Once anyone here can demonstrate that it is indeed a product of science and a theory, then we can try to shoot holes in both of them.

I eagerly await the your explanation, because I have honestly not seen one anywhere, ever. You may very well sway my opinion if you can answer me.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Schools do not state why the big bang happened. Religion does, yet has zero evidence.
If schools aren't "allowed" to incorporate decency, ethics, respect for and Of others in daily routines, schools (that don't already), need to teach PHYSICS (again), even if Science itself, has yet to be able to answer ALL the questions all the time.

Such would redeem at least having some Faith in hope in future generations, because at least they might realize then, that until such a time when Science "knows all" (because it doesn't), it is good (Not bad) to treat others decently, ethically and respectfully in the meantime!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
How's it coming with that fossil list? Never heard back from ya...
I have posted tons of links. I can't help it if you dropped out in 3rd grade and can't read.

Have you ever seen a skeleton of any kind? If so, you have seen a "transitional fossil". Everything is transitional when you create arbitrary labels like species. Life is constantly changing.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>I can't answer what? You most certainly did throw in the origin of life. That's your whole "cause and effect" argument. Change through reproduction? Where did you get that from? You really don't understand any of this do you?
It was a simple question... Where did the intelligence for reproduction ( not life ) come from?
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
Some of you morons are saying things so abysmally stupid that I don't even know what your point is, which I would have to know to be able to respond. And the remainder is the same tired garbage from well known fundamentalist sites that we've all seen before and that still don't make sense or hold water, no matter how many times you scream it, so I don't feel like responding to that.
Quick reboot:
We are talking about a scientific topic. Everyone who has taken the time to read on the subject knows how science produced the theory of evolution, and how it has stood for years while under constant assault and scrutiny for a large part of that time.
So, if we are going to veer off into intelligent design land, and if we are going to treat intelligent design as if it is a scientific theory that can be put on the same shelf as evolution and debate, I want to know how science produced the "theory" of intelligent design.
I don't want to see a single "I'm too stupid to understand evolution so I'm going to try to play gotcha over some stuff I think is clever". Don't even mention evolution. Just explain why anyone should even bother debating intelligent design by demonstrating how science produced it. Once anyone here can demonstrate that it is indeed a product of science and a theory, then we can try to shoot holes in both of them.
I eagerly await the your explanation, because I have honestly not seen one anywhere, ever. You may very well sway my opinion if you can answer me.
They haven't been able to yet.

That is why they call it the "God particle".
Which incidentally was more vulgarly (as in blasphemously)named originally due to to it's elusive, incomplete understanding of, but even science and scientists decide to restrain the vulgarity and opted for the more ethical "high road" instead, dubbing it and publishing it as the "God particle".

And it's actually more "Physics" related, in comparison to the "nature" of the theory of evolution.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One species makes it all the more unlikely to find a complete fossil of a close predecessor or descendant. Out of billions of species.
Oh ok then guess we'll just have to take speculation as fact then... Wait a sec!! You already do that!!!
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One species makes it all the more unlikely to find a complete fossil of a close predecessor or descendant. Out of billions of species.
Whatever...(rolling eyes)

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Of course I don't mean to say that every skeleton is a fossil. My point was that all forms are in a state of change over time.

Because that's how life works. It changes. Over time.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you are expecting complete fossils, which do not number in the millions. Their are fragments and partials in the millions, but you do not accept them.
So lets start with the actual numbers, not the ones you made up.
How many complete fossils exist?

You are still running from the bird/dinosaur question, so until you answer that, why should I continue? You still run from the many upright hominid question also. I see a trend. I offer evidence and you run.
What question? Please restate...
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Doc wrote:
God does not exist, but Jesus has been known to save S&H Green stamps.
But the "God particle" does!

And if one were to wish to archive a green stamp for milleniums ahead, it might behoove them to understand the complexity in nature of isotopes to do so!
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I have posted tons of links. I can't help it if you dropped out in 3rd grade and can't read.

Have you ever seen a skeleton of any kind? If so, you have seen a "transitional fossil". Everything is transitional when you create arbitrary labels like species. Life is constantly changing.
Umm... No I looked back.. Nothing...
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Yiago wrote:
Of course I don't mean to say that every skeleton is a fossil. My point was that all forms are in a state of change over time.

Because that's how life works. It changes. Over time.
Ok let me make it simple as possible.. There has to be somewhere in all that overwhelming evidence a clear intermediate... Perhaps a fossil of a rhino with it's horn in half development or a spices of bat with half developed wings as evolutionist claim mutated from it's fingers... Good luck...

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok let me make it simple as possible.. There has to be somewhere in all that overwhelming evidence a clear intermediate... Perhaps a fossil of a rhino with it's horn in half development or a spices of bat with half developed wings as evolutionist claim mutated from it's fingers... Good luck...
Good luck with what? Good luck with answering a malformed request based on your complete misunderstanding of evolution, the concept of mya, probability of fossilization, and essentially anything else that we might be talking about? I mean, well over half of ALL known dinosaur genera are known because of single fossils. We expect that we have found fossils of around 1/3 of all genera. It's like looking for a needle in a 300 ft tall haystack that got obliterated by a tsunami and covered by 30 feet of sediment. In other words, holy sh!t are you stupid.

How about, instead, you answer my damn request and quit trying to prove your point by disproving science. It won't work.(And we all know what transitional/intermediate fossils are and that fundie nutjobs never accept them, because they always want something between the transition and the next step, to infinity.)

Tell me how science produced the "theory" of intelligent design. Show me where it has been tested, as all scientific theories have. Once you can do that, we can begin discussing the merits of your theory in comparison to others. UNTIL that point, your "theory" is worth no more than any other baseless, insane rant and is not even remotely worth discussing.

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
They haven't been able to yet.
That is why they call it the "God particle".
Which incidentally was more vulgarly (as in blasphemously)named originally due to to it's elusive, incomplete understanding of, but even science and scientists decide to restrain the vulgarity and opted for the more ethical "high road" instead, dubbing it and publishing it as the "God particle".
And it's actually more "Physics" related, in comparison to the "nature" of the theory of evolution.
...what?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 100,321 - 100,340 of128,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DemocRATS 146,119
Stivers Center fixes 7 min fixthis 12
Anyone have any free kittens? 12 min reader 11
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 19 min Jackie 9
Computer repair (May '13) 30 min travis 67
legalize marijuana 55 min Conservative Hilppie 5
Any couples into SCAT??? 57 min Dirty SCAT couple 4
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters