Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138216 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#105085 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And wind keeps blowing...
OK, keep being a baby. That's your prerogative.

Intelligent design is nothing but religion. Period.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#105086 May 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Stereotype much?
Not enough to join a church.
defender

London, KY

#105087 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a "transitional form," that is a collection of questions, one that they are probably looking for, but one incomplete line does not make a difference. There, I responded to your red herring, now again, what would you consider to be a transitional form?
It's your side that says you have millions upon millions of fossils... Mountains of overwhelming evidence... Yet cannot fill the easiest of request...
Big bangs out of nothing... Highly complex life just arising out of the sludge... And fish evolving into human beings... All of this by random chaos... Yet if anyone suggest design you all freak out... Why is that?
defender

London, KY

#105088 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Again, if you are going to call yourself a Christian, you could AT LEAST TRY to abide the 9th commandment.
Don't like it when we fight back huh?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105089 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your side that says you have millions upon millions of fossils... Mountains of overwhelming evidence... Yet cannot fill the easiest of request...
Big bangs out of nothing... Highly complex life just arising out of the sludge... And fish evolving into human beings... All of this by random chaos... Yet if anyone suggest design you all freak out... Why is that?
Again, a single incomplete line does not invalidate the theory, because we know things evolve and answering what belongs to which lineage doesn't change that fact. Again, what is a transitional form to you? You keep dodging the question, one can only assume that you are a liar because of that.
defender

London, KY

#105090 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>OK, keep being a baby. That's your prerogative.

Intelligent design is nothing but religion. Period.
And yet science can't rule it out...
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#105091 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you accept one science, you have to, by definition, accept all that results from the scientific method, that includes evolution ... now the "big bang" still needs a lot of work to be as viable as evolution so meh. But denying evolution is simply denying reality and the scientific method.
Evolution is just ONE theory. It actually is quite a different realm from that of OTHER theories, that often involve other aspects of the Sceinces, such as PHYSICS.

Why do YOU "deny and dislike " Science "? It is OFTEN, VERY applicable in the "world of musuems" as we know it...even if those applications do NOT constitute the use of the "evolutionary" theory.

For example-
Karen J. Gaskell, Aldo A. Ponce and Lynn Brostoff

University of Maryland

Library of Congress

Preservation Science

Preservation Science Symposia
New Research on Iron Gall Ink

Two generally accepted mechanisms
for the depolymerization of cellulose
1) Acid-catalyzed hydrolysis

Ink pH ~1.8-2.2
2) Iron(II)-catalyzed oxidation

Part 1

XPS study of an 18th century Italian document

Part 2

XPS clues regarding the chemistry of Iron Gall ink

----------
Why I find MANY areas of Science to quite interesting-not just one.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#105092 May 28, 2013
and just a little closer look-

" Iron gall ink - Ink of kings, monks and poets

The earliest documents written in iron gall ink on papyrus date back into the first centuries after Christ. Because of it's indelibility, it was the ink of choice for documentation from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century. This chapter will give a short overview of its historical significance, main ingredients, method of manufacture, and an introduction to the chemical formation of the pigment.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105093 May 28, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is just ONE theory. It actually is quite a different realm from that of OTHER theories, that often involve other aspects of the Sceinces, such as PHYSICS.
Why do YOU "deny and dislike " Science "? It is OFTEN, VERY applicable in the "world of musuems" as we know it...even if those applications do NOT constitute the use of the "evolutionary" theory.
For example-
Karen J. Gaskell, Aldo A. Ponce and Lynn Brostoff
University of Maryland
Library of Congress
Preservation Science
Preservation Science Symposia
New Research on Iron Gall Ink
Two generally accepted mechanisms
for the depolymerization of cellulose
1) Acid-catalyzed hydrolysis

Ink pH ~1.8-2.2
2) Iron(II)-catalyzed oxidation
Part 1
XPS study of an 18th century Italian document
Part 2
XPS clues regarding the chemistry of Iron Gall ink
----------
Why I find MANY areas of Science to quite interesting-not just one.
Um, the theory of evolution is the explanation of how things evolve, things evolve. Also, there is no "everything" theory at all, it the theory of evolution is the only explanation for how things evolve and what mechanisms are involved and which influence the outcomes, there is no alternative theory, there is not even an alternative hypothesis.

“pervinco per logica”

#105094 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll speak for everyone here:
Your "easiest of requests" is both stupid and irrelevant. Nobody is going to answer your fundie bait questions. You could take just a few hours of your time to learn why your current statements concerning evolution are gross conceptual errors, but since you aren't interested in truth, you will not. And I don't think anyone here feels like helping such a closed minded sh!t as you.

The reason that people "freak out" when "design" is suggested is because people are functioning scientifically here. Intelligent design is not scientific in even the slightest way. It is religion. If it's not, demonstrate the scientific process that produced it. This is the 6th time I've requested this, and it is required before anyone will entertain any of your garbage.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet science can't rule it out...
Science doesn't HAVE to rule it out, you buffoon. Science can't rule out the possibility of an invisible moronification demon living in your head that makes you say stupid sh!t, either. And hey, you do say stupid sh!t! That's evidence that clearly supports my theory! Let's see if you can rule it out.

The burden of proof lies with the party asserting the claim. Intelligent design is YOUR stupid claim. YOU must prove it. It's not up to the intelligent and honest people on this earth to DISPROVE your stupidity. I could concoct an infinite number of stupid ideas out of thin air or my misunderstandings, call them theories, and demand that people rule them out... but then that would make me a terrible waste of life that degrades humanity. Like you.
ProvenScience wrote:
and just a little closer look-
The earliest documents written in iron gall ink on papyrus date back into the first centuries after Christ. Because of it's indelibility, it was the ink of choice for documentation from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century. This chapter will give a short overview of its historical significance, main ingredients, method of manufacture, and an introduction to the chemical formation of the pigment.
Yes, pigments are wonderful. What is the relevance?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#105095 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like it when we fight back huh?
Just to clarify... by "fight back" do you mean do I like it when y'all hypocritically lie like a rug and move goal posts like they are pogo sticks, or do you mean do I like it when y'all obstinately ignore evidence and reason and then pretend that by quoting scripture you've triumphed with some irrational or non-existent point? Nope, can't say I'm impressed in any good way - and I wholeheartedly doubt Jesus is, either.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#105096 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the theory of evolution is the explanation of how things evolve, things evolve. Also, there is no "everything" theory at all, it the theory of evolution is the only explanation for how things evolve and what mechanisms are involved and which influence the outcomes, there is no alternative theory, there is not even an alternative hypothesis.
Au contraire, albeit FAR from anything as simplified as the evolutionary aspects of science, there still remains the UNKNOWN, such as found within the "GOD particle".

Do us all a favor and look up the word PHYSICS sometime, maybe you could then move on past that little elvis crooning groove your little 45 record is stuck on.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#105097 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "easiest of requests" is both stupid and irrelevant. Nobody is going to answer your fundie bait questions. You could take just a few hours of your time to learn why your current statements concerning evolution are gross conceptual errors, but since you aren't interested in truth, you will not. And I don't think anyone here feels like helping such a closed minded sh!t as you.
The reason that people "freak out" when "design" is suggested is because people are functioning scientifically here. Intelligent design is not scientific in even the slightest way. It is religion. If it's not, demonstrate the scientific process that produced it. This is the 6th time I've requested this, and it is required before anyone will entertain any of your garbage.
<quoted text>
Science doesn't HAVE to rule it out, you buffoon. Science can't rule out the possibility of an invisible moronification demon living in your head that makes you say stupid sh!t, either. And hey, you do say stupid sh!t! That's evidence that clearly supports my theory! Let's see if you can rule it out.
The burden of proof lies with the party asserting the claim. Intelligent design is YOUR stupid claim. YOU must prove it. It's not up to the intelligent and honest people on this earth to DISPROVE your stupidity. I could concoct an infinite number of stupid ideas out of thin air or my misunderstandings, call them theories, and demand that people rule them out... but then that would make me a terrible waste of life that degrades humanity. Like you.
<quoted text>
The need for OTHER areas of Science to be explored, beyond the redundant TOE.
That same old toejamchit gets boring, over and over and over again.

“pervinco per logica”

#105098 May 28, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, albeit FAR from anything as simplified as the evolutionary aspects of science, there still remains the UNKNOWN, such as found within the "GOD particle".
Do us all a favor and look up the word PHYSICS sometime, maybe you could then move on past that little elvis crooning groove your little 45 record is stuck on.
What? You're going to have to use English here, dude. I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#105099 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Scroll back several hundred pages and you'll find that we've already been through all of this with "defender" fairly, in detail and to a point of exhaustion. There is NO POINT in answering his same litany of questions again and again and again or in entertaining his same intentional misrepresentations of science again and again and again. In more than one way he has already been SCHOOLED and has proven himself unworthy of the effort of any in depth or serious reply.

“pervinco per logica”

#105100 May 28, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
The need for OTHER areas of Science to be explored, beyond the redundant TOE.
That same old toejamchit gets boring, over and over and over again.
Then go start a thread about one.

“pervinco per logica”

#105101 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll back several hundred pages and you'll find that we've already been through all of this with "defender" fairly, in detail and to a point of exhaustion. There is NO POINT in answering his same litany of questions again and again and again or in entertaining his same intentional misrepresentations of science again and again and again. In more than one way he has already been SCHOOLED and has proven himself unworthy of the effort of any in depth or serious reply.
I haven't seen all of that, but I pegged them as precisely that type within a couple posts of their return. Pathetic.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#105102 May 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Humans have large brain. Other than that, we are not very much different. That large brain can make for many differences though. But to assume it is magic, is just superstition.
Most all animals use a brain. We can see the brain dictates what the animal can do. Humans have a large one, so it is not surprising we can build planes.
Other animals do not need a large brain to survive. We have been here such a short time, it is not known yet if a large brain is so great for survival in the long run. Our brain might be our own demise. Our brains have devised the tools that could kill all humans, thus we could be extinct in a short period of time.
I understand it is hard to understand sometimes, but your idea of why we should assume a god is simply a reason a god was invented by mans imagination. It fills a gap of information, or at least it did at one time. The gaps are closing and I see the believers squirming to keep that information away from the young in order to keep the religion strong.

The gaps are closing? Not from where I'm standing, it looks to me that the more Scientists try to answer a question the more questions that pop up of How, When, Where, and Why; the conclusion of the last answer came about, it's never ending. The universe will have burned out before all the questions are answered. It all leads to a Big Bang and nobody knows how or why it happened; and if it was just a random occurrence, why hasn't it happened more than once and how could we possibly know if it has happened more than once. Nonbelievers probably have more faith than believers, if they had used all that energy trying to find God rather than trying to disprove Him we would surely all be sitting in the Kingdom of Heaven by now. But I understand why I think, it's because they look at Christianity today and say to themselves "If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed" and I don't blame them. You can not look at Christianity of today because it is not the true representation of Christ, because there is little if any Love left in it, there hasn't been for many many centuries and even then it was only a twinkle at best way back before the Romans slaughtered the original followers of Christ. But the Message he left behind is still just as real today as it was then, it's up to you personally to become a reflection of that light, it cannot be found anywhere today except in yourself. It must start with you, just as a few years ago it started also in me. You don't have to go to church in fact anymore I'd advise against it unless you are just going to learn, it's a school house anymore, a university, but the time comes when one must graduate and leave the school and walk with God where ever he goes, for he is Love, Mercy, kindness, and understanding; and he will guide your steps. But you must listen to Christ's words in the New Testament for he revealed many things to the world that man was confused about prior to that time, it's just that now the world has fallen back into confusion all over again, because we lack the patience and the faith to dig until we find the answers to our questions, but above all we must find the Love we once had for each other because we can have all things but lack that an it all falls apart. Sounds like the world we live in to me.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not LOVE, I am nothing.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

2 Timothy 4:5 But WATCH THOU IN ALL THINGS endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make FULL PROOF of thy ministry.
defender

London, KY

#105103 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:

defender wrote, "<quoted text>
And yet science can't rule it out... "

ProvenScience wrote, "and just a little closer look-
The earliest documents written in iron gall ink on papyrus date back into the first centuries after Christ. Because of it's indelibility, it was the ink of choice for documentation from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century. This chapter will give a short overview of its historical significance, main ingredients, method of manufacture, and an introduction to the chemical formation of the pigment."

All that hate is going to burn you up bud...
defender

London, KY

#105104 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Just to clarify... by "fight back" do you mean do I like it when y'all hypocritically lie like a rug and move goal posts like they are pogo sticks, or do you mean do I like it when y'all obstinately ignore evidence and reason and then pretend that by quoting scripture you've triumphed with some irrational or non-existent point? Nope, can't say I'm impressed in any good way - and I wholeheartedly doubt Jesus is, either.
Lie?... Piltdown Man, Peking Man, Lucy Nebraska man, Stanley Miller experiment, Ida and the list goes on and on .. It's clear where the lies are coming from...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linda and Tony 1 hr Jones 2
Romeo's restaurant to be on restaurant impossible! 1 hr Missed the point 29
Scotty Powell Not Reporting Cash Jobs 1 hr Slow learner 13
Ledford Dean/Timberwolf Man 2 hr Maggie 1
Kim Bingham home wrecker 2 hr lol 1
Drug dealers in Scott hollar 3 hr citizen 2
lynn camp 3 hr PISSEDPARENT 8
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE