Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
100,301 - 100,320 of 129,017 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Withdraw? Nope, just getting out and enjoying the weekend. You speak to soon about so many things. You seem to like to pat yourself on the back and take self awarded victory laps.
I could use some laps... Put on too much weight over the winter...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,you and science seek to explain that which you have never experienced,therefore your expertise and that of science is null and void.
Your ignorance and arrogance has led you to conclude that you sre better qualified to understand what I have experinced than I am.
Your misguided search for truth has led you into a foolish and delusional frame of mind and we knew that would happen.
Buit,don't give up the search,if you keep seeking,I believe you will find...It is not too late.....
So you only know what you, yourself have experienced? So the bible must then be null and void?
Your arrogance claims I am searching for god. What hypocrisy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Design is self evident... Logic not religion... Even if ToE held true there is no way it could do so through random chaos ... There is clear order (not perfect) to reproduction and Eco systems ... The pattern cycle to life is highly complex!! Just one failure in the right spot and it's game over... Embrace the common sense that is all around you...
I do not embrace your senses just because they are common. Once it was common to believe in Zeus for the same reasons sort of reasons you give here. Common beliefs with zero evidence does not make for good proof.
Again, who claims "chaos"? I am sure it was game over on billions of planets.
You assume the complex must have some intelligent creator, yet have a double standard for your complex god needing a creator. This is not logical. This is superstition.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet. There is definitely something different about the human race. To be as far advanced as we are from all the other animals on this planet and to be here the shortest amount of time should be enough to make one at least wonder about the existence of the Creator who was before anything that we know existed.
There is no other answer... Be it God, aliens, or the cookie monster one thing is clear: No way random chaos can account for the origin and continually sustained life on this planet...
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Every new fossil type found is an intermediate of another animal. So you clearly would not know an intermediate if it slapped you in the face.

Who says the universe is random chaos? You keep making false claims and try to prove these claims as wrong. That is called a straw man argument. Try arguing what we actually say, not what your propaganda is telling you the argument is.
Ok here's your shot: if not by random chaos then how?...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other answer... Be it God, aliens, or the cookie monster one thing is clear: No way random chaos can account for the origin and continually sustained life on this planet...
No way then to account for the aliens and god either, by your standards. But then again, you have double standards.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, for species to change it takes a lot of changes. This takes time. Usually millions of years. Have we had millions of years to test? No.
But you have millions upon millions of fossils that should clearly show this process... Yet for some strange reason we can't get a peek?... Only sketches from bone fragments... Stop being a chump dude!! Put down the kool-aid...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here's your shot: if not by random chaos then how?...
Can't say exactly, but I am sure you will put a god into any gap of information I cannot supply as it has done by religion for all of recorded history.
Is gravity random? Is the water cycle random? Is god random?
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, humans are completely different from all other animals on the planet. Well, except for that pesky 98% DNA match we have with chimpanzees. And if you're willing to overlook the ~80% genetic similarity between humans and cows...etc

We have better developed brains. That's why we're able to fly around with metal wings in a jet.
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the 50% genetic match to Bananas.. Because long ago we were as much a plant as we were a animal....
As the Twilight Zone theme plays in the back ground... Lmfao!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have millions upon millions of fossils that should clearly show this process... Yet for some strange reason we can't get a peek?... Only sketches from bone fragments... Stop being a chump dude!! Put down the kool-aid...
Estimates show the likely hood of billions of species to have lived upon the earth. So if you do the math, the chances are very low to have a perfect and complete line of fossils to show the progression. But we do have some compelling fossils that I pointed out and you failed to acknowledge or explain.
Seeing as how species change happens over millions of years, this means a progression of fossils needs to be found for a single animal change that happened many millions of years ago. This should be hard to find, but we still have found some that shows a progression, like the birds. We have founded winged dinosaurs. The progression fits the predictions. Thus the theory remains strong. It has yet to be shown wrong. You can speculate it is wrong, but you cannot show it to be wrong. If evidence shows the hypothesis correct, it might move up to "theory". Thus it is taught as science theory.
Should we change those rules for you? Is this your goal?
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I would add that developments in species, such as wings, ARE as amazing as humans flying around in jets. There are insects that subjugate other insects to do work for them. There are lots of things that nature has produces by trial and error.

It is hard for us to see past our own biases. We clearly are intellectually amazing, as animals go, but our time here has been short. Who knows what will come later with or without us?

It is pretty fascinating to ponder.
How's it coming with that fossil list? Never heard back from ya...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
Yes, and this relation shows it is likely we all descended from a common ancestor at some point in time. Thus extremely strong evidence for the theory of evolution. The evidence confirms the predictions.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can't say exactly, but I am sure you will put a god into any gap of information I cannot supply as it has done by religion for all of recorded history.
Is gravity random? Is the water cycle random? Is god random?
Wait a sec... You can't say exactly?? You mean for all the mountains of evidence and millions upon millions of fossils AND all the support ToE has... You can't say exactly ??... Thank you.. Point proven...
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Estimates show the likely hood of billions of species to have lived upon the earth. So if you do the math, the chances are very low to have a perfect and complete line of fossils to show the progression. But we do have some compelling fossils that I pointed out and you failed to acknowledge or explain.
Seeing as how species change happens over millions of years, this means a progression of fossils needs to be found for a single animal change that happened many millions of years ago. This should be hard to find, but we still have found some that shows a progression, like the birds. We have founded winged dinosaurs. The progression fits the predictions. Thus the theory remains strong. It has yet to be shown wrong. You can speculate it is wrong, but you cannot show it to be wrong. If evidence shows the hypothesis correct, it might move up to "theory". Thus it is taught as science theory.
Should we change those rules for you? Is this your goal?
So what your saying is we don't have a complete fossil record then huh? We are just asking for one species!! Anyone will do... But some of us know you cannot produce this evidence.. Why? Because it doesn't exist... Never did... This should be easy after all the so called mountains of evidence...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec... You can't say exactly?? You mean for all the mountains of evidence and millions upon millions of fossils AND all the support ToE has... You can't say exactly ??... Thank you.. Point proven...
I don't know why it rains, so lets imagine Zeus did it.

Not sure why you jump from the start of the universe to fossil evidence? Fossils are not how one comes to understand the big bang.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and this relation shows it is likely we all descended from a common ancestor at some point in time. Thus extremely strong evidence for the theory of evolution. The evidence confirms the predictions.
And yet you cannot prove one single shred of it... Pathetic

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say exactly? You have zero evidence yet make absolute claims of an intelligent creator. Again, can you say exactly how it happened?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying is we don't have a complete fossil record then huh? We are just asking for one species!! Anyone will do... But some of us know you cannot produce this evidence.. Why? Because it doesn't exist... Never did... This should be easy after all the so called mountains of evidence...
Again, you are expecting complete fossils, which do not number in the millions. Their are fragments and partials in the millions, but you do not accept them.
So lets start with the actual numbers, not the ones you made up.
How many complete fossils exist?

You are still running from the bird/dinosaur question, so until you answer that, why should I continue? You still run from the many upright hominid question also. I see a trend. I offer evidence and you run.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
One species makes it all the more unlikely to find a complete fossil of a close predecessor or descendant. Out of billions of species.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min The Apostle 147,127
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 23 min White Fire 3,811
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 26 min Toby 4
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 28 min Ten Four 6
1 Blessing From God 52 min Stephen Levi 17
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,563
john sowders 1 hr she will 6
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 1 hr Not right 15
New club in Barbourville? 10 hr my real name 12
•••
•••
•••
•••