Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
100,261 - 100,280 of 128,588 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Q, you're being stupid._Ummm_'s point is accurate, you just don't like being schooled. You are saying things that are far outside the realm of logic, where you typically like to reside. That guy made no statement that supports your accusation. You are using terminology incorrectly and making suggestions about people that are unsupportable and invalid. You are wrong.
Deal with it, move on.
His Point was Not Accurate and his insistence on his variation of term is of no more import as my variation of term.. His view and surprisingly your support of his view that age is of no import and that perceived development is the important part is the mindset of a past or future child molester...

"In popular usage, pedophilia means any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, often termed "pedophilic behavior". For example, The American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary states, "Pedophilia is the act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children." This common use application also extends to the sexual interest in and sexual contact with pubescent or post-pubescent minors. Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided because although people who commit child sexual abuse commonly exhibit the disorder, some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia and these standards pertain to prepubescents.[10][14][15] Additionally, not all pedophiles actually commit such abuse. "

Rationalizing a Child is good to go if are "Developed" is disgusting whether it be by a Priest, Mormon or self proclaimed intellectual...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet that's exactly what's taught in schools... Spontaneous universe... You can dig that foot out of your mouth now!!
Schools do not state why the big bang happened. Religion does, yet has zero evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The same argument can be used by me...
Has science ever produced any shred of evidence against Design?... Nope...
Unlike you I don't use strawman arguments....
I can watch a person build a desk top PC and say that's an intelligent design... Can you say the same for random chaos?...
Science makes no claim of design either way. But you and religion do yet have zero evidence for the claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The other two guys were smart enough to withdraw after getting their asses handed to them but there's always that one dick-nat hanging around... Lol... Your arguments are weak as is your IQ...
Withdraw? Nope, just getting out and enjoying the weekend. You speak to soon about so many things. You seem to like to pat yourself on the back and take self awarded victory laps.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that evolution by design is possible... And that was hard to accept but one has to look with unbiased eyes... The only thing I wish to convey is evolution is no where near the fact that we are lead to believe... Anyone who takes a close unbiased look can clearly see this no matter what they believe...
Being taught in schools is one thing but being taught as absolute truth is wrong... There is a line between teaching a theory or just trying to destroy someone's faith...
According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet. There is definitely something different about the human race. To be as far advanced as we are from all the other animals on this planet and to be here the shortest amount of time should be enough to make one at least wonder about the existence of the Creator who was before anything that we know existed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Science relies on facts
Fact: complex living systems cannot arise from random chaos... Sorry bro
Evolution is a broken model held together by speculation, wishful thinking and massive amounts of duct tape... You seem to want people to accept that the highly complex machine of life just sprang about without no design.,, that is faith not science...
Mutation had never ever been observed to morf a species into something different...
For all of the millions of fossils you have no intermediates... None...
To quote Malcolm X. "Ah ya been had !!! Bamboozled !!! Hoodwinked !!!".... For someone like you to be takin in buy the snake oil sales man isn't a shocker...
Every new fossil type found is an intermediate of another animal. So you clearly would not know an intermediate if it slapped you in the face.

Who says the universe is random chaos? You keep making false claims and try to prove these claims as wrong. That is called a straw man argument. Try arguing what we actually say, not what your propaganda is telling you the argument is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Science relies on facts
Fact: complex living systems cannot arise from random chaos... Sorry bro
Evolution is a broken model held together by speculation, wishful thinking and massive amounts of duct tape... You seem to want people to accept that the highly complex machine of life just sprang about without no design.,, that is faith not science...
Mutation had never ever been observed to morf a species into something different...
For all of the millions of fossils you have no intermediates... None...
To quote Malcolm X. "Ah ya been had !!! Bamboozled !!! Hoodwinked !!!".... For someone like you to be takin in buy the snake oil sales man isn't a shocker...
Again, for species to change it takes a lot of changes. This takes time. Usually millions of years. Have we had millions of years to test? No.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
His Point was Not Accurate and his insistence on his variation of term is of no more import as my variation of term.. His view and surprisingly your support of his view that age is of no import and that perceived development is the important part is the mindset of a past or future child molester...
"In popular usage, pedophilia means any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, often termed "pedophilic behavior". For example, The American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary states, "Pedophilia is the act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children." This common use application also extends to the sexual interest in and sexual contact with pubescent or post-pubescent minors. Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided because although people who commit child sexual abuse commonly exhibit the disorder, some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia and these standards pertain to prepubescents.[10][14][15] Additionally, not all pedophiles actually commit such abuse. "
Rationalizing a Child is good to go if are "Developed" is disgusting whether it be by a Priest, Mormon or self proclaimed intellectual...
I've been sitting on the sidelines of this one, casually munching my popcorn, when I remembered that for a while when I was 18 I had a 16 year old girlfriend. Does that mean I'm a pedophile too? I don't think so.
It seems to me that you're fixated on conflating statutory rape with pedophilia.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Withdraw? Nope, just getting out and enjoying the weekend. You speak to soon about so many things. You seem to like to pat yourself on the back and take self awarded victory laps.
Defender got spanked MONTHS ago and took off. I don't know what makes him think his fundamentalist claptrap is any more valid now than it was then.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet. There is definitely something different about the human race. To be as far advanced as we are from all the other animals on this planet and to be here the shortest amount of time should be enough to make one at least wonder about the existence of the Creator who was before anything that we know existed.
Yep, humans are completely different from all other animals on the planet. Well, except for that pesky 98% DNA match we have with chimpanzees. And if you're willing to overlook the ~80% genetic similarity between humans and cows...etc

We have better developed brains. That's why we're able to fly around with metal wings in a jet.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural mechanisms? Really?... Have you ever read any research on Casimir Effect? Or Higgs Boson (God particle)...
For that matter have you researched anything?
Belief in God is religion (faith) no one is arguing that... Ok? Understand now?
It's is evolution that makes the claim that science stands behind it... Ok then the burden of proof lies on evolution...
Now about intermediates : please show me the evolution of just one species!!
And I mean the fossils!! Not sketch artist painting from bone fragments on Talkorigins ... We have millions of them right? Shouldn't be a problem then huh? I can't wait to see the development of wings on fossils step by step... Or maybe how wolfs became wales... I'll be waiting!!!
Science has a bad habit of naming things that common folk do not understand. The god particle is not named due to it being of a god, just as "theory" in science is not just an idea, but is accepted fact based upon overwhelming evidence. "Nothing" is even relative, as their is no absolute "nothing" in the universe, as far as science can measure. What might be called nothing is actually filled with energy. Energy can become matter.....

So you do not accept fragments of bone as evidence yet you accept the idea of god without a single fragment of anything to examine? Double standards?

I wish bones fossilized more easily so as to show the people who have no understanding of what a fragment of bone can tell us.
Can you not see that the bones are not plentiful in general, thus we must rely on fragments to examine.

Their are bones of an upright walking ape, so just what is the religious explanation for that? What is the explanation for Neanderthals and other large brained upright hominids?

Birds came hundreds of millions of years ago. That is a long time for a fossil to survive intact, yet we do have a few.
A wing is not incredibly different than an arm of a dinosaur. They have the same basic structure. Feathers and scales are of the same material, just formed differently. The fossils show a cross between the traits of a dinosaur and a bird. What is your explanation for that?Is it just some crazy coincidence and has zero connection? You seem to wish their is no connection to keep your superstitious beliefs. I do not believe in your god no matter if their is a connection or not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been sitting on the sidelines of this one, casually munching my popcorn, when I remembered that for a while when I was 18 I had a 16 year old girlfriend. Does that mean I'm a pedophile too? I don't think so.
It seems to me that you're fixated on conflating statutory rape with pedophilia.
Actually I'm a bit more tolerant of a 18yo and a 16 years old that I might sound but The Point became important when the poster insisted that age was not the issue and development was... There are 12 and 13 year old's that are well developed... There are 8 yo's that have given birth... My Personnel view is that if you are 18 or older, walk away from anyone under 18 as fast as your feet can get to steppin... Don't flirt, don't hang out, don't be alone with... Your life can be destroyed before you realize what hit you....

And Never consider the development level of a Child when you formulate your world view on sexuality... Was being a bit over the top by design.....

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a previous or potential child rapist would be expected to to lash out when their self induced system of denial is made public....
Spoken like a 60 something year old crybaby that still can't admit when wrong.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
His Point was Not Accurate and his insistence on his variation of term is of no more import as my variation of term..
You are wrong. There is no "variation of term" in a scientific term, only a variation of how stupid people misuse it. And in this case, there is simply me understanding the term and its correct usage, and you refusing to do so (even when an internet worth of fact is against you) because you are a resentful sh!t head that doesn't like being proven wrong.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
His view and surprisingly your support of his view that age is of no import and that perceived development is the important part is the mindset of a past or future child molester...
No, moron. That is your disgusting strawman. You go ahead and quote me saying "age is of no import and perceived development is the important part". Or don't bother, since you can't, and you're an old pathetic baby trying to put words in my mouth so that you can actually win. You cannot and will not, and it only makes you look sad when you try.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided"
Here's the part that you should have actually read before quoting, moron. I don't care what people who are WRONG say about this. Quit spreading stupidity and use the f*$king term correctly. Half of the worlds problems are caused by stupid people using words incorrectly. I provided plenty of information concerning the correct usage of the term and you have no excuse for not utilizing it (other than that you prefer winning over the truth, in which case you're a terrible person).
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your disgusting straw man, NOT my words. All I'm doing is promoting the proper use of the damn term, and you're being generally disgusting in your attacks and your libelous characterization of me simply because you can't deal with being wrong. Face it, you ARE wrong, I AM right, and no amount of lying about me will change that fact. Of course, you fought for the freedom to lie about people once upon a time, so have at it. Say whatever filthy garbage you can make up about me. Just don't expect anyone's respect as you continue to disgrace yourself in your attempts to disgrace me.
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet.
That's because you're stupid and don't understand evolution. The goal of evolution isn't to fly planes or make computers or land on the moon. Evolution has NO goal. It's merely the process through which things that are better at surviving survive to make more offspring. Big muscles and teeth will get you VERY far in this world, if you hadn't noticed. Once you're at an apex, and can pretty much eat anything you want, you have nothing forcing you to get smarter. There is no increase in the survival rate of smarter members of the species. So smartness doesn't become more prevalent. Hopefully, based on that, you can figure out how soft squishy things like us would have developed different traits.

Really... if you people would spend 10% of the time you spend attacking evolution, instead, actually learning what evolution is, you wouldn't look like such mouth breathing wastes of life.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, humans are completely different from all other animals on the planet. Well, except for that pesky 98% DNA match we have with chimpanzees. And if you're willing to overlook the ~80% genetic similarity between humans and cows...etc
We have better developed brains. That's why we're able to fly around with metal wings in a jet.
Don't forget the 50% genetic match to Bananas.. Because long ago we were as much a plant as we were a animal....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Science has a bad habit of naming things that common folk do not understand. The god particle is not named due to it being of a god, just as "theory" in science is not just an idea, but is accepted fact based upon overwhelming evidence. "Nothing" is even relative, as their is no absolute "nothing" in the universe, as far as science can measure. What might be called nothing is actually filled with energy. Energy can become matter.....
So you do not accept fragments of bone as evidence yet you accept the idea of god without a single fragment of anything to examine? Double standards?
I wish bones fossilized more easily so as to show the people who have no understanding of what a fragment of bone can tell us.
Can you not see that the bones are not plentiful in general, thus we must rely on fragments to examine.
Their are bones of an upright walking ape, so just what is the religious explanation for that? What is the explanation for Neanderthals and other large brained upright hominids?
Birds came hundreds of millions of years ago. That is a long time for a fossil to survive intact, yet we do have a few.
A wing is not incredibly different than an arm of a dinosaur. They have the same basic structure. Feathers and scales are of the same material, just formed differently. The fossils show a cross between the traits of a dinosaur and a bird. What is your explanation for that?Is it just some crazy coincidence and has zero connection? You seem to wish their is no connection to keep your superstitious beliefs. I do not believe in your god no matter if their is a connection or not.
Dead on across the board... There is no such thing as nothing...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know of an individual that picked up two girls that said they were 19 and took them home and has sex with them... They got mad at each other and told each others parents (They were 17) and the 22 year old guy was arrested, convicted and sent to 5 years in prison with a life time "Sexual Predator" tag in Kentucky....
The Point I was making with the other poster was that his position of as long as the Child is Developed to some arbitrary level he seems to conclude they are open game for predation... It was just a way to rationalize his proclivities....
You failed to mention the charge. For all I know, he raped them by force or maybe that is what they claimed.
Their is a five year gap in your situation.
Your example does not prove my point wrong. Many states do make different ages for laws on sexual consent. Yes it is arbitrary, but you seem to think this arbitrary number is all that matters, not the person in which you are arguing against. He is using logic and reason, you are using the arbitrary number.
He was 19 and thus his brain was not fully developed as far as the science says.
Maybe he took a risk in the law, but was not your charge. You seem to be changing your argument as you get some facts thrown at you.

I was thinking, if the age of twenty is when the brain is fully formed, then maybe society should wait til twenty to make one a legal adult. No military until twenty. Most eighteen year old kids have no idea what they are getting into with the military, and I think the military preys upon their immature mind to trick them into signing up.

So what do you think about all that?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close!
The 14th amendment was NOT to give perverts rights!
But yet they slipped in, and now slipping on down that slope!
Like I was proud our POTUS was a Black guy, and NOW
I'm ashamed for America, as he is FAR from Honest...
FAR from Righteous!
God is real, and judgment is right around the corner!
Repent! turn away from your sins!
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, for species to change it takes a lot of changes. This takes time. Usually millions of years. Have we had millions of years to test? No.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you,or evolutionists or Scientists wanted to know how to learn about God's existence,the answer is simple and you know where to find it.
All it takes is for one to be willing to look and follow the instructions
Clearly their is zero fragments of evidence of a god because you would surely offer it up if it existed.
Brainwashing is not evidence. Faith is not evidence. If it was, then every religion is true.
So True

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

May I ask all of you, on here, r any of you women??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 9 min oscar 16,116
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min DemocRATS is a Zombie 146,185
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 42 min terri 26,184
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 56 min sad 81,569
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr shew 1,014
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr City Slicker 26
Maggie Mills is on meth really bad she has sore... 2 hr Georgie 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••