Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,012)

Showing posts 100,221 - 100,240 of127,806
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
defender

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And you can chase gods tail.
Should I accept the claims of men who study the evidence with due diligence and great levels of education and have evidence, or accept the claims of ancient superstitious men that have zero evidence?
Even when I believed in a god, I accepted the theory of evolution, so your stereo type of me is wrong.
The same argument can be used by me...
Has science ever produced any shred of evidence against Design?... Nope...
Unlike you I don't use strawman arguments....
I can watch a person build a desk top PC and say that's an intelligent design... Can you say the same for random chaos?...
defender

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is clearly not impossible that the life is here, because it is here.
You can speculate some magical being snapped his fingers and life started all you wish, but you have zero evidence of the claim.
But yet that's exactly what's taught in schools... Spontaneous universe... You can dig that foot out of your mouth now!!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet that's exactly what's taught in schools... Spontaneous universe... You can dig that foot out of your mouth now!!
Geez, how do you guys get dressed in the morning?

What is taught in schools is scientific consensus. Science is based on natural explanations. It *cannot* be based on anything else.

Intelligent Design proposes a *supernatural* explanation.

Do you understand this distinction?
defender

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, how do you guys get dressed in the morning?

What is taught in schools is scientific consensus. Science is based on natural explanations. It *cannot* be based on anything else.

Intelligent Design proposes a *supernatural* explanation.

Do you understand this distinction?
The other two guys were smart enough to withdraw after getting their asses handed to them but there's always that one dick-nat hanging around... Lol... Your arguments are weak as is your IQ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The same argument can be used by me...
Has science ever produced any shred of evidence against Design?... Nope...
Unlike you I don't use strawman arguments....
I can watch a person build a desk top PC and say that's an intelligent design... Can you say the same for random chaos?...
You are using a strawman argument right now.

Some evidence against ID:

Human sinus cavity. Human spine. Human eye's blind spot. Wisdom teeth.

Laryngeal nerve in giraffe.

Ectopic pregnancies.

Panda's "thumbs".

None of these disprove ID. What they do is destroy the argument that things are "perfectly designed". Consequently, these are the types of things we can predict from natural evolution.

Nature tinkers. It is messy. If a perfect creator made everything you would expect things to function better, wouldn't you? I mean, do you think we have sinus problems because God thought it was a good idea to make our drainage holes terribly inefficient or because nature is messy and that's just the way it turned out?

Which makes the most sense?

Also, and I know this has been mentioned, but your God is orders of magnitude more complex than the universe. What made God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The other two guys were smart enough to withdraw after getting their asses handed to them but there's always that one dick-nat hanging around... Lol... Your arguments are weak as is your IQ...
Do you or do you not understand the difference?

Science relies on natural explanations.

ID relies on a supernatural explanation.

Do you understand the distinction?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Nutbags and excessive elipses...
Why? Where do you all learn to do this? Don't you realize that the world laughs at your message enough without you typing it in a way that is comically insane?
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see anyone do anything of the sort after anything of the sort. I saw multiple people rationally destroying your idiotic statements and then realizing that you didn't get it, aren't going to get it, and are wasting everyone's time. Just like Yiago is and soon will do.

Nobody cares when an insane person thinks that they're winning despite all evidence being to the contrary. And really, nobody cares about anything you think or say, because you aren't actually thinking and you have NO respect for truth.

The way you find truth:
the scientific method

The way you delude yourself into thinking that your stupid baseless opinions are true:
call it science as loudly as possible, regardless of basis, until you convince yourself (and the rest of the stupid people within earshot) that it is so
defender

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Do you or do you not understand the difference?

Science relies on natural explanations.

ID relies on a supernatural explanation.

Do you understand the distinction?
Science relies on facts
Fact: complex living systems cannot arise from random chaos... Sorry bro
Evolution is a broken model held together by speculation, wishful thinking and massive amounts of duct tape... You seem to want people to accept that the highly complex machine of life just sprang about without no design.,, that is faith not science...
Mutation had never ever been observed to morf a species into something different...
For all of the millions of fossils you have no intermediates... None...
To quote Malcolm X. "Ah ya been had !!! Bamboozled !!! Hoodwinked !!!".... For someone like you to be takin in buy the snake oil sales man isn't a shocker...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Science relies on facts
Fact: complex living systems cannot arise from random chaos... Sorry bro
Evolution is a broken model held together by speculation, wishful thinking and massive amounts of duct tape... You seem to want people to accept that the highly complex machine of life just sprang about without no design.,, that is faith not science...
Mutation had never ever been observed to morf a species into something different...
For all of the millions of fossils you have no intermediates... None...
To quote Malcolm X. "Ah ya been had !!! Bamboozled !!! Hoodwinked !!!".... For someone like you to be takin in buy the snake oil sales man isn't a shocker...
Science explains reality via natural mechanisms.

Again, do you or do you not understand that statement? You are beating around the bush and grasping at straws.

You either understand this fact and don't care or you do not understand this fact and you never will.

Every fossil is intermediate. Evolution has no endgame, no destination. Therefore every single fossil and every single living thing is "intermediate" between other things. Life is a continuum.

But here's the kicker. You laugh as if you are correct, but offer nothing in your own defense. What is your theory for how God created life?

And what created God?

Do you even have a method by which those questions could be answered?

At the Discovery Institute do they have a lab wherein priests are carefully examining angel DNA? Do they have samples of God's poop to test against the poop of non-Gods?

What is the science behind your insane ideas?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Why I Left the Mormon Church
Richard Packham

... the ultimate goal of the church, as stated publicly by its early leaders Joseph Smith and Brigham Young (but not mentioned so publicly by more recent Mormon leaders), is to establish the Mormon Kingdom of God in America,and to govern the world as God's appointed representatives. The church is already influential in the making of secular policy, as was proven not so long ago when the Equal Rights Amendment was defeated with decisive help from the Mormon church.

To me, the possibility that the Mormon church might control America is a frightening prospect.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richar...
defender

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Science explains reality via natural mechanisms.

Again, do you or do you not understand that statement? You are beating around the bush and grasping at straws.

You either understand this fact and don't care or you do not understand this fact and you never will.

Every fossil is intermediate. Evolution has no endgame, no destination. Therefore every single fossil and every single living thing is "intermediate" between other things. Life is a continuum.

But here's the kicker. You laugh as if you are correct, but offer nothing in your own defense. What is your theory for how God created life?

And what created God?

Do you even have a method by which those questions could be answered?

At the Discovery Institute do they have a lab wherein priests are carefully examining angel DNA? Do they have samples of God's poop to test against the poop of non-Gods?

What is the science behind your insane ideas?
Natural mechanisms? Really?... Have you ever read any research on Casimir Effect? Or Higgs Boson (God particle)...
For that matter have you researched anything?
Belief in God is religion (faith) no one is arguing that... Ok? Understand now?

It's is evolution that makes the claim that science stands behind it... Ok then the burden of proof lies on evolution...
Now about intermediates : please show me the evolution of just one species!!
And I mean the fossils!! Not sketch artist painting from bone fragments on Talkorigins ... We have millions of them right? Shouldn't be a problem then huh? I can't wait to see the development of wings on fossils step by step... Or maybe how wolfs became wales... I'll be waiting!!!
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

"I secretly thought (and perhaps hoped) that President Smith would write back and say something like: "Dear Brother, your diligence and faith in searching for the truth has led you to a precious secret, not known to many;yes, you can be assured that President Young taught the truth: Adam is our Father and our God, and the only God with whom we have to deal. The church does not proclaim this precious truth because we do not wish to expose the mysteries of God to the mockery of the world. Preserve this secret truth as you do the secrets of your temple endowment."

Why I Left the Mormon Church
Richard Packham

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ky/TEQBSM980...

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural mechanisms? Really?...
Yes, you elipsis spewing choad, natural mechanisms. This is not a difficult concept.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read any research on Casimir Effect?
Oh, but you have, right? And it certainly wasn't written by some fraud nobody trying to tie it into intelligent design, right?
Nevermind looking for what real physicists say on the topic.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Higgs Boson (God particle)...
Oh, but you have, right? And it certainly wasn't written by some fraud nobody trying to tie it into intelligent design, right?
http://notashamedofthegospel.com/apologetics/...
Nevermind looking for what real physicists say on the topic:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/1...
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
For that matter have you researched anything?
Have you researched anything away from intelligent design websites?
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in God is religion (faith) no one is arguing that... Ok? Understand now?
That is absolutely OK. And I certainly understand the truth of this point. I'm glad to see that you aren't arguing against that. Your belief in the existence of God is and will always be ONLY a matter of faith. So, now we're clear.

To go one step further, now, you must surely realize that ANY "theory" or "hypothesis" that one develops that REQUIRES the existence of something that must be taken on faith, it's NOT science. Not remotely. It's faith. There is NO scientific basis. There is a faith basis. Period.

I'm glad that you aren't arguing against what I just said, because you're abominably stupid if you are.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
It's is evolution that makes the claim that science stands behind it...
What? NO. Science makes the claim that evolution is probably what happens. Not the other way around. Not any other way that your broken brain tries to mangle the process.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then the burden of proof lies on evolution...
The burden of proof? Do you even know what those words mean?

Read carefully:
Every single piece of evidence that we fully understand supports the current form of the theory of evolution. Every one. It's been tested, passed, tested again, passed, tested again, passed, ad nauseum. If it had not been rigorously tested and was not supported by mountains of evidence, NO scientist would accept it.

Why? Because scientists aren't like you. They don't draw conclusions based on bronze age fairy tales, then try to cherry pick evidence that supports the conclusion, and never change their position regardless of what evidence is found. The first look at evidence, then draw a conclusion the is supported by ALL the evidence, and then test it when new evidence is discovered. If it isn't consisted, the theory is modified until it fits it all.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Now about intermediates : please show me the evolution of just one species!!
blah blah blah etc. etc. demand demand
You don't understand evolution, real timescales, fossilization, or essentially anything else. You are not fit to even speak a word on this topic.
You don't get to demand ALL of the evidence, because science doesn't work like that, you f*%king mouth breather. We don't even know how gravity works. Go ahead and demand that physics supply all of the evidence before you believe it exists.
Why don't you get that your "theory" (which doesn't even come CLOSE to being a theory) doesn't have a single shred of supporting evidence, only arguments from incredulity? And that you can't sweep your COMPLETE lack of evidence under the rug by pointing out that we don't have ALL evidence in existence to prove evolution. And most importantly, why don't you get that your "theory" REQUIRES
God... invalidating it.
defender

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Mountains of evidence!!! Millions upon millions of fossils yet can't show not one evolutionary line... Really? ID is not a theory McFly it's logic....
Interesting

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Good question
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
Mountains of evidence!!! Millions upon millions of fossils yet can't show not one evolutionary line... Really? ID is not a theory McFly it's logic....
Do you belong to the true church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints? If not, why not?

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
Yes, that is a wholly appropriate and useful reply that refutes everything I've said.

Here is the only "logic" that arrives at "ID":
1. I believe in a God (as described in some bronze age scribblings).
2. I think evolution goes against the God I believe in.
3. Therefore, I think evolution must be wrong, and God must have intelligently designed it all.

What an idiot. Biff... why don't you make like a tree and get out of here. Unless you can actually demonstrate a valid logical path from all evidence to "ID", you have nothing useful to say here. Do note that what I said has NOTHING to do with all the crap you think you can argue against evolution with. Prove your position, don't try to disprove anything else or you fail.
Ummmmmmmm

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
.......What an idiot......
It looks like you can't defend your argument without attacking the person you debate instead of attacking his argument.
Is that how the "real debaters" on Topix do it?
Just get mad and call him an idiot. You win.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I hear the law is 16 for consent in many states. Likely Kentucky.
The age is a number picked by society. One could argue that a persons brain is not fully formed until age twenty. This is what the latest science says. So if we are going by brain maturity to make sex decisions, maybe the age of consent needs to be raised.
I personally know of an individual that picked up two girls that said they were 19 and took them home and has sex with them... They got mad at each other and told each others parents (They were 17) and the 22 year old guy was arrested, convicted and sent to 5 years in prison with a life time "Sexual Predator" tag in Kentucky....

The Point I was making with the other poster was that his position of as long as the Child is Developed to some arbitrary level he seems to conclude they are open game for predation... It was just a way to rationalize his proclivities....

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Ummmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you can't defend your argument without attacking the person you debate instead of attacking his argument.
Is that how the "real debaters" on Topix do it?
Just get mad and call him an idiot. You win.
It looks like you're bad at determining what something looks like, and should not quit your proverbial day job. Of course I COULD do whatever I wanted without calling any idiots "idiot". But I choose not to.
I ALSO don't call names "instead of attacking his argument", as you so retardedly put it. I do so while also totally destroying any scrap of an argument he may have had. I would think that anyone capable of reading my insults would also be capable of reading the surrounding content, but apparently I've given some of you morons too much credit.#104840, had you bothered to read, contains maybe 4 insults, yet fills more than one screen. The other 97% of words do the thing that you stupidly claim I do not do.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Point I was making with the other poster was that his position of as long as the Child is Developed to some arbitrary level he seems to conclude they are open game for predation... It was just a way to rationalize his proclivities....
You made no point. That's your own stupid strawman that you defeated, you moron. I never came even close to expressing anything of the sort. Perhaps, if you'd bother reading the words actually written and stop inserting something stupid into their meaning, you'd be able to think straight and not post like you've fallen on your head too much recently.

My "proclivities", as you so eloquently like to over-use, pretty much only involve verbally sh!tting all over people who tend to say stupid things and try to pass them off as fact. I also have a tendency to not stop until after they do or they demonstrate themselves to be so utterly stupid as to not be worthy of my corrections. Committing statutory rape every time I see a sexually mature 13 year old is not on the list, you insulting old windbag.

To further clarify, here's exactly what went down from the perspective of people outside of your overly thick cranium: You claimed something was pedophelia. It was clearly not. While it was not necessarily legal (though it quite possibly was), it was not even close to pedophelia. Aside from further explaining the WHY and HOW of the matter (making no statement concerning what I think or do and only listing irrefutable fact), nothing else was stated, and not a speck of it could even remotely be used to determine anything about me. I remain 100% correct, you are still f*$king wrong, and you are doubly a douchebag for failing to concede after you were supplied page after page of reference material demonstrating exactly what I said in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 100,221 - 100,240 of127,806
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Le Jimbo 144,620
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 min IND 26,163
suboxone being sold 11 min justsayin 6
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 36 min 40ish 3,733
KC Basketball Coach 36 min breaking news 49
3 family yard sale 1 hr yard sale 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr gogetter 81,541
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 2 hr what 363
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs