Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,106

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104813 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's attempts to describe the creation of the Universe,Earth and life as we know it as a natural event is malicious and ill conceived and I am not buying into that nonsense.
Science is the study of our natural world. Science is not trying to be malicious.
Maybe if your god had a shred of evidence, science would speak of this god.
What is malicious is claiming science is all wrong in order to protect your superstition.
defender

United States

#104814 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What was the cause and effect of this intelligent designer? Pixie dust?
Great question!!! I don't know... But we are talking science so we know the complex working systems dependent on other systems to survive cannot simply arise by accident.... Chaos cannot create order...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104815 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Something can not be created from nothing,that is not a natural event. Nonliving and nonintelligent matter
can not somehow transform itself into living intelligent matter.That is not a natural event.
Those events have never been witnessed nor have they been duplicated in lab studies.
Those theories are based on pure speculation on supposed events that no one can confirm took place at some point in time.
Science does not call this a "theory", it is called a hypothesis, as it makes no absolute claim of how life started.
Do you know the difference? If so, then quite misrepresenting the science and be truthful.

The idea of god is pure speculation, as zero evidence exists for a god.
You say "cannot" quite a bit, but of course you cannot show evidence that it could not happen. It is just your superstitious beliefs it did not happen.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104816 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Any evidence that would support God as the creator,is arbitrarily dismissed...
Their is zero evidence. If you wish to produce the first evidence of god ever, please do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104817 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

We also understand human nature's desire to not want to know God.
So you are done with the claim that all us atheist are really here to search for god?
About eighty percent of the worlds population believes in a god, yet you claim it is unnatural to want to know god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104818 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Great question!!! I don't know... But we are talking science so we know the complex working systems dependent on other systems to survive cannot simply arise by accident.... Chaos cannot create order...
Who is claiming chaos created order?
You claim it could not be an accident, but no one can prove such a thing.
defender

United States

#104819 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Still not sure where you stand as this statement looks to contradict.

The idea of ID has absolutely zero evidence.This is why the courts ruled it cannot be taught in schools as science. It is purely a superstitious belief.
Evolution has massive amounts of evidence. I am sure this massive amount of evidence will never be enough for you to believe it is true.

But one thing I wish to convey is, I as long as you and religion demean the science, I will demean your superstition.
If you call wishful thinking, wild ass speculation and downright dishonesty evidence then yeah you've got plenty of that!!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104820 May 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the differences. I was just reminding of the statutes that ARE on the books, not the absolute morals that have never existed inside of a church or out.
As far as your Malthusian Tea Party control freak attitude, yeah - already know about that, too.
Too baduh for you-now get away lol.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104821 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Therefore,knowing that God is real,I have no need or use for absurd theories or opinions based on unprovable events as proposed by Science and Evolution.
You have no need for the theory of evolution? Then you should stop taking most any drugs or immunizations.
Evolution theory is the foundation of modern biology. Medicine would be mostly guesswork without the direction of evolutions findings.
The understanding of evolution works in your life in more ways than you can imagine.
I understand in your great ignorance you cannot appreciate what the theory has done in your life, but I do, and I want it to be taught in schools in order that the youth will not be as ignorant as yourself.
It is kind of hard to produce scientists when you and your kind piss on the ideas of science so much.
You would fit in well in some Islamic extremist country.
defender

United States

#104822 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who is claiming chaos created order?
You claim it could not be an accident, but no one can prove such a thing.
Argue with me till your face turns blue but science says it isn't happening... And yes most atheist are looking for answers and they'll accept anything but God no matter how goofy it is (like ToE)... Keep chasing that tale!!! It's fun to watch!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104823 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed sir... Since evolutionist cannot give an origin for their theory one can only assume that the beginning of ToE is the first reproduction of the simple cell... How does that violate Cause and Effect?
1) How did this simple cell reproduce?
It's already impossible that it's even here but now this SIMPLE cell somehow has genetic information to pass on... But it's not designed?... Then from where?... We have effect yet no cause...
2) Why did the first cell reproduce?... What's the point? Reproduction has no benefit for this simple cell... If anything this is against evolution as offspring would compete for food...
Any thoughts?
It is clearly not impossible that the life is here, because it is here.
You can speculate some magical being snapped his fingers and life started all you wish, but you have zero evidence of the claim.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104824 May 26, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does the 15 year old girl either most likely.
Amazing what sloths try to stick their noses into these days under the guise of "libuhrulism", as if any of that type of thing is anyone else's businnes to start with.
People should let kids be kids again-encourage them to use and develop their brains to become future productive citizens,and rather than trying to steer them into acting like animals just born to hump.
Sick-in-the-head batards and batardettes.
I really do not understand what you're saying here.

Are you saying that the 18yo girl who had a relationship with the 15yo girl (is that correct, 15?) is some kind of monstrous predator? If so, you have left planet earth.

Consider a person who turns 18 while still in high school. All their friends are likely to be under 18. They are likely to be dating someone under 18. And they are likely to be having sex with that person as often as possible. Or at least some heavy petting.

Is that what you and certain others on here seriously call "pedophilia"? Because that's some batsh*t crazy right there. And a departure from reality.

Not to mention incredibly insulting.

Location hidden

#104825 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I hear some states have an age gap measure to the law.
This is a states rights issue and thus one would think Q. would not make such absolute claims of age as this is just absolutely false. Q is all about states rights, so it is quite amusing to me that he is contradicting his own ideology.
I hear some states will allow for 14 year old persons to have sex with adults if the parents consent.
I personally do not agree this is a good policy, but one would think Q of all persons would fight for the state to make that decision.
Age gap definitely needs to be a consideration. Nature is a continuum. Aging a day does not flip a switch.

I seriously doubt that even Q thinks an age gap of 3 years is a big deal. But for some weird reason he's being pedantic about it.

Perhaps its because I don't worship his intellect. I have no idea.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104826 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Argue with me till your face turns blue but science says it isn't happening... And yes most atheist are looking for answers and they'll accept anything but God no matter how goofy it is (like ToE)... Keep chasing that tale!!! It's fun to watch!!
And you can chase gods tail.
Should I accept the claims of men who study the evidence with due diligence and great levels of education and have evidence, or accept the claims of ancient superstitious men that have zero evidence?
Even when I believed in a god, I accepted the theory of evolution, so your stereo type of me is wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104827 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call wishful thinking, wild ass speculation and downright dishonesty evidence then yeah you've got plenty of that!!
So you do not believe in evolution?
defender

United States

#104828 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And you can chase gods tail.
Should I accept the claims of men who study the evidence with due diligence and great levels of education and have evidence, or accept the claims of ancient superstitious men that have zero evidence?
Even when I believed in a god, I accepted the theory of evolution, so your stereo type of me is wrong.
The same argument can be used by me...
Has science ever produced any shred of evidence against Design?... Nope...
Unlike you I don't use strawman arguments....
I can watch a person build a desk top PC and say that's an intelligent design... Can you say the same for random chaos?...
defender

United States

#104829 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is clearly not impossible that the life is here, because it is here.
You can speculate some magical being snapped his fingers and life started all you wish, but you have zero evidence of the claim.
But yet that's exactly what's taught in schools... Spontaneous universe... You can dig that foot out of your mouth now!!

Location hidden

#104830 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet that's exactly what's taught in schools... Spontaneous universe... You can dig that foot out of your mouth now!!
Geez, how do you guys get dressed in the morning?

What is taught in schools is scientific consensus. Science is based on natural explanations. It *cannot* be based on anything else.

Intelligent Design proposes a *supernatural* explanation.

Do you understand this distinction?
defender

United States

#104831 May 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, how do you guys get dressed in the morning?

What is taught in schools is scientific consensus. Science is based on natural explanations. It *cannot* be based on anything else.

Intelligent Design proposes a *supernatural* explanation.

Do you understand this distinction?
The other two guys were smart enough to withdraw after getting their asses handed to them but there's always that one dick-nat hanging around... Lol... Your arguments are weak as is your IQ...

Location hidden

#104832 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The same argument can be used by me...
Has science ever produced any shred of evidence against Design?... Nope...
Unlike you I don't use strawman arguments....
I can watch a person build a desk top PC and say that's an intelligent design... Can you say the same for random chaos?...
You are using a strawman argument right now.

Some evidence against ID:

Human sinus cavity. Human spine. Human eye's blind spot. Wisdom teeth.

Laryngeal nerve in giraffe.

Ectopic pregnancies.

Panda's "thumbs".

None of these disprove ID. What they do is destroy the argument that things are "perfectly designed". Consequently, these are the types of things we can predict from natural evolution.

Nature tinkers. It is messy. If a perfect creator made everything you would expect things to function better, wouldn't you? I mean, do you think we have sinus problems because God thought it was a good idea to make our drainage holes terribly inefficient or because nature is messy and that's just the way it turned out?

Which makes the most sense?

Also, and I know this has been mentioned, but your God is orders of magnitude more complex than the universe. What made God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Grimes Works For ... 7,071
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min Cornelius Scudmister 155,331
Stealing from child's grave 27 min D Rogers 1
who knows Lecora Smith???? 41 min its me bitches 9
knox board of ed raising taxes 58 min Five cents 113
mike trent 1 hr Blonde 9
barbourville utitlities ripoff 1 hr momcani 5

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]