Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143189 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104919 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here's your shot: if not by random chaos then how?...
Can't say exactly, but I am sure you will put a god into any gap of information I cannot supply as it has done by religion for all of recorded history.
Is gravity random? Is the water cycle random? Is god random?
defender

London, KY

#104920 May 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, humans are completely different from all other animals on the planet. Well, except for that pesky 98% DNA match we have with chimpanzees. And if you're willing to overlook the ~80% genetic similarity between humans and cows...etc

We have better developed brains. That's why we're able to fly around with metal wings in a jet.
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
defender

London, KY

#104921 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the 50% genetic match to Bananas.. Because long ago we were as much a plant as we were a animal....
As the Twilight Zone theme plays in the back ground... Lmfao!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104922 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have millions upon millions of fossils that should clearly show this process... Yet for some strange reason we can't get a peek?... Only sketches from bone fragments... Stop being a chump dude!! Put down the kool-aid...
Estimates show the likely hood of billions of species to have lived upon the earth. So if you do the math, the chances are very low to have a perfect and complete line of fossils to show the progression. But we do have some compelling fossils that I pointed out and you failed to acknowledge or explain.
Seeing as how species change happens over millions of years, this means a progression of fossils needs to be found for a single animal change that happened many millions of years ago. This should be hard to find, but we still have found some that shows a progression, like the birds. We have founded winged dinosaurs. The progression fits the predictions. Thus the theory remains strong. It has yet to be shown wrong. You can speculate it is wrong, but you cannot show it to be wrong. If evidence shows the hypothesis correct, it might move up to "theory". Thus it is taught as science theory.
Should we change those rules for you? Is this your goal?
defender

London, KY

#104923 May 27, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I would add that developments in species, such as wings, ARE as amazing as humans flying around in jets. There are insects that subjugate other insects to do work for them. There are lots of things that nature has produces by trial and error.

It is hard for us to see past our own biases. We clearly are intellectually amazing, as animals go, but our time here has been short. Who knows what will come later with or without us?

It is pretty fascinating to ponder.
How's it coming with that fossil list? Never heard back from ya...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104924 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
Yes, and this relation shows it is likely we all descended from a common ancestor at some point in time. Thus extremely strong evidence for the theory of evolution. The evidence confirms the predictions.
defender

London, KY

#104925 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can't say exactly, but I am sure you will put a god into any gap of information I cannot supply as it has done by religion for all of recorded history.
Is gravity random? Is the water cycle random? Is god random?
Wait a sec... You can't say exactly?? You mean for all the mountains of evidence and millions upon millions of fossils AND all the support ToE has... You can't say exactly ??... Thank you.. Point proven...
defender

London, KY

#104926 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Estimates show the likely hood of billions of species to have lived upon the earth. So if you do the math, the chances are very low to have a perfect and complete line of fossils to show the progression. But we do have some compelling fossils that I pointed out and you failed to acknowledge or explain.
Seeing as how species change happens over millions of years, this means a progression of fossils needs to be found for a single animal change that happened many millions of years ago. This should be hard to find, but we still have found some that shows a progression, like the birds. We have founded winged dinosaurs. The progression fits the predictions. Thus the theory remains strong. It has yet to be shown wrong. You can speculate it is wrong, but you cannot show it to be wrong. If evidence shows the hypothesis correct, it might move up to "theory". Thus it is taught as science theory.
Should we change those rules for you? Is this your goal?
So what your saying is we don't have a complete fossil record then huh? We are just asking for one species!! Anyone will do... But some of us know you cannot produce this evidence.. Why? Because it doesn't exist... Never did... This should be easy after all the so called mountains of evidence...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104927 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec... You can't say exactly?? You mean for all the mountains of evidence and millions upon millions of fossils AND all the support ToE has... You can't say exactly ??... Thank you.. Point proven...
I don't know why it rains, so lets imagine Zeus did it.

Not sure why you jump from the start of the universe to fossil evidence? Fossils are not how one comes to understand the big bang.
defender

London, KY

#104928 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and this relation shows it is likely we all descended from a common ancestor at some point in time. Thus extremely strong evidence for the theory of evolution. The evidence confirms the predictions.
And yet you cannot prove one single shred of it... Pathetic

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104929 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec... You can't say exactly?? You mean for all the mountains of evidence and millions upon millions of fossils AND all the support ToE has... You can't say exactly ??... Thank you.. Point proven...
Can you say exactly? You have zero evidence yet make absolute claims of an intelligent creator. Again, can you say exactly how it happened?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104930 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying is we don't have a complete fossil record then huh? We are just asking for one species!! Anyone will do... But some of us know you cannot produce this evidence.. Why? Because it doesn't exist... Never did... This should be easy after all the so called mountains of evidence...
Again, you are expecting complete fossils, which do not number in the millions. Their are fragments and partials in the millions, but you do not accept them.
So lets start with the actual numbers, not the ones you made up.
How many complete fossils exist?

You are still running from the bird/dinosaur question, so until you answer that, why should I continue? You still run from the many upright hominid question also. I see a trend. I offer evidence and you run.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104931 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying is we don't have a complete fossil record then huh? We are just asking for one species!! Anyone will do... But some of us know you cannot produce this evidence.. Why? Because it doesn't exist... Never did... This should be easy after all the so called mountains of evidence...
One species makes it all the more unlikely to find a complete fossil of a close predecessor or descendant. Out of billions of species.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104932 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you cannot prove one single shred of it... Pathetic
Proof is the DNA relation. You just do not accept the evidence. The evidence proves to the experts that evolution is fact.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#104934 May 27, 2013
Evidence shows that a man and not a god made up the writings of the bible. Churches changing their doctrines today that were proved to be immoral,unethical and irrational.

It may seem unethical, immoral, and irrational to let the perpetrator go unpunished while cursing the son of the perpetrator and further cursing all of his descendents. However this concept of scapegoating -- of transferring punishment from a sinful person to innocent persons is a theme that runs throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Ham is described in Genesis 9 as a son of Noah who had seen his father naked. Ham himself was not punished. But Ham's son, Canaan, was cursed.
Genesis 9:25-27

Evidence shows that a man not a god made up the writings of the bible. Churches changing doctrines in recent in our era that were proved to be immoral,unethical and irrational.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104935 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... You can't answer... Cool... And no I'm talking about not Abiogenesis ... ToE is change through reproduction and I didn't ask you for the origin of life.. My questions were valid... Sorry... Next?
I can't answer what? You most certainly did throw in the origin of life. That's your whole "cause and effect" argument. Change through reproduction? Where did you get that from? You really don't understand any of this do you?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104936 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
I don't even know what your argument is here. Are you being sarcastic?
Doc

Spring, TX

#104937 May 27, 2013
More nonsense about a mythological fictitious book that does not belong in any public school. The bible is a specific religious book for Christians only. It cannot be used nor can any of its ludicrous teachings be implemented in any public school. How would it be if the Koran was required; or the cult bible of the Mormons who believe that Christ resides on a planet in another universe; -talk about stupid. It is illegal and people proposing it are not only ignorant but border on their stupidity being a scientific discipline. The bible has nothing to do with anything except for those who believe its nonsense. I propose that the 3 stooge senators undergo immediate psychiatric examination and treatment for crimes against humanity and mental retardation
Doc

Spring, TX

#104938 May 27, 2013
God does not exist, but Jesus has been known to save S&H Green stamps.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104939 May 27, 2013
Some of you morons are saying things so abysmally stupid that I don't even know what your point is, which I would have to know to be able to respond. And the remainder is the same tired garbage from well known fundamentalist sites that we've all seen before and that still don't make sense or hold water, no matter how many times you scream it, so I don't feel like responding to that.

Quick reboot:
We are talking about a scientific topic. Everyone who has taken the time to read on the subject knows how science produced the theory of evolution, and how it has stood for years while under constant assault and scrutiny for a large part of that time.
So, if we are going to veer off into intelligent design land, and if we are going to treat intelligent design as if it is a scientific theory that can be put on the same shelf as evolution and debate, I want to know how science produced the "theory" of intelligent design.

I don't want to see a single "I'm too stupid to understand evolution so I'm going to try to play gotcha over some stuff I think is clever". Don't even mention evolution. Just explain why anyone should even bother debating intelligent design by demonstrating how science produced it. Once anyone here can demonstrate that it is indeed a product of science and a theory, then we can try to shoot holes in both of them.

I eagerly await the your explanation, because I have honestly not seen one anywhere, ever. You may very well sway my opinion if you can answer me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman ran-over in Mcdonald's parking lot. 27 min Praying 14
Joe Ore arrested again 49 min curious 7
Jeff Mills 1 hr Need to know 1
Who is a woman thats up for a good time? 1 hr Little tool 24
free jessica hubbard 1 hr Hang her up 5
diet pills (May '13) 1 hr confused 8
Clerks just issue license preachers marry gays ! 2 hr Huh 2
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 14 hr Knox county voter 21
Sixty minutes asking questions about Knox court... 15 hr Kit 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages