Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 135,202

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104905 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
His Point was Not Accurate and his insistence on his variation of term is of no more import as my variation of term.. His view and surprisingly your support of his view that age is of no import and that perceived development is the important part is the mindset of a past or future child molester...
"In popular usage, pedophilia means any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, often termed "pedophilic behavior". For example, The American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary states, "Pedophilia is the act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children." This common use application also extends to the sexual interest in and sexual contact with pubescent or post-pubescent minors. Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided because although people who commit child sexual abuse commonly exhibit the disorder, some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia and these standards pertain to prepubescents.[10][14][15] Additionally, not all pedophiles actually commit such abuse. "
Rationalizing a Child is good to go if are "Developed" is disgusting whether it be by a Priest, Mormon or self proclaimed intellectual...
Nobody was rationalizing anything. You are ignoring reality and being a dictionary pedant.

It is obvious you can't handle being schooled.
defender

London, KY

#104906 May 27, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
Very logical, and astute!
124^10th Against the proteins coming together to make DNA in the first place... seems they forget their own scale for scientific impossibilities!
Thank you... I can't seem to get anyone of them to answer these questions...Wonder why?

Location hidden

#104907 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Humans have large brain. Other than that, we are not very much different. That large brain can make for many differences though. But to assume it is magic, is just superstition.
Most all animals use a brain. We can see the brain dictates what the animal can do. Humans have a large one, so it is not surprising we can build planes.
Other animals do not need a large brain to survive. We have been here such a short time, it is not known yet if a large brain is so great for survival in the long run. Our brain might be our own demise. Our brains have devised the tools that could kill all humans, thus we could be extinct in a short period of time.
I understand it is hard to understand sometimes, but your idea of why we should assume a god is simply a reason a god was invented by mans imagination. It fills a gap of information, or at least it did at one time. The gaps are closing and I see the believers squirming to keep that information away from the young in order to keep the religion strong.
I would add that developments in species, such as wings, ARE as amazing as humans flying around in jets. There are insects that subjugate other insects to do work for them. There are lots of things that nature has produces by trial and error.

It is hard for us to see past our own biases. We clearly are intellectually amazing, as animals go, but our time here has been short. Who knows what will come later with or without us?

It is pretty fascinating to ponder.

Location hidden

#104908 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm a bit more tolerant of a 18yo and a 16 years old that I might sound but The Point became important when the poster insisted that age was not the issue and development was... There are 12 and 13 year old's that are well developed... There are 8 yo's that have given birth... My Personnel view is that if you are 18 or older, walk away from anyone under 18 as fast as your feet can get to steppin... Don't flirt, don't hang out, don't be alone with... Your life can be destroyed before you realize what hit you....
And Never consider the development level of a Child when you formulate your world view on sexuality... Was being a bit over the top by design.....
In doing so you basically called me a pedophile. Since pedophilia is rape, and rape is second only to murder on the list of things one should not do, I do not take kindly to the suggestion.

I've been married to the same woman for more than 2 decades, faithfully.

You are wrong. Your characterization of my post was wrong, top to bottom. The only thing you've stated that is true is that adults should not have sex with children.

But 16 and 19 is not pedophilia in any sense of the term that a sane person would accept.
defender

London, KY

#104909 May 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa hold on there. You initiated this by saying (paraphrasing here) "Science points to Intelligent Design and not Evolution". For your initial piece of "evidence" you're saying because science doesn't fully explain the origin of life (which is not part of evolutionary theory, by the way) then that's equivalent to evidence of intelligent design? Are you serious? That's a logical conclusion to you?
Ok... You can't answer... Cool... And no I'm talking about not Abiogenesis ... ToE is change through reproduction and I didn't ask you for the origin of life.. My questions were valid... Sorry... Next?
defender

London, KY

#104910 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>If you are referring to me, we've only just begun. You still have 6 more items to cover (once we dispense with this first item). In case you hadn't noticed, it's been gorgeous outside and as much fun as it is to read your insane ramblings, I have a lot of yard work to do. That and my golf clubs were crying for attention yesterday. So, if I don't respond quickly, it's not because I'm admitting defeat. Trust me, I'll let you know if that happens.
Oh hell I forgot about my clubs... Thanks..
defender

London, KY

#104911 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Science makes no claim of design either way. But you and religion do yet have zero evidence for the claim.
Design is self evident... Logic not religion... Even if ToE held true there is no way it could do so through random chaos ... There is clear order (not perfect) to reproduction and Eco systems ... The pattern cycle to life is highly complex!! Just one failure in the right spot and it's game over... Embrace the common sense that is all around you...
defender

London, KY

#104912 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Withdraw? Nope, just getting out and enjoying the weekend. You speak to soon about so many things. You seem to like to pat yourself on the back and take self awarded victory laps.
I could use some laps... Put on too much weight over the winter...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104913 May 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,you and science seek to explain that which you have never experienced,therefore your expertise and that of science is null and void.
Your ignorance and arrogance has led you to conclude that you sre better qualified to understand what I have experinced than I am.
Your misguided search for truth has led you into a foolish and delusional frame of mind and we knew that would happen.
Buit,don't give up the search,if you keep seeking,I believe you will find...It is not too late.....
So you only know what you, yourself have experienced? So the bible must then be null and void?
Your arrogance claims I am searching for god. What hypocrisy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104914 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Design is self evident... Logic not religion... Even if ToE held true there is no way it could do so through random chaos ... There is clear order (not perfect) to reproduction and Eco systems ... The pattern cycle to life is highly complex!! Just one failure in the right spot and it's game over... Embrace the common sense that is all around you...
I do not embrace your senses just because they are common. Once it was common to believe in Zeus for the same reasons sort of reasons you give here. Common beliefs with zero evidence does not make for good proof.
Again, who claims "chaos"? I am sure it was game over on billions of planets.
You assume the complex must have some intelligent creator, yet have a double standard for your complex god needing a creator. This is not logical. This is superstition.
defender

London, KY

#104915 May 27, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet. There is definitely something different about the human race. To be as far advanced as we are from all the other animals on this planet and to be here the shortest amount of time should be enough to make one at least wonder about the existence of the Creator who was before anything that we know existed.
There is no other answer... Be it God, aliens, or the cookie monster one thing is clear: No way random chaos can account for the origin and continually sustained life on this planet...
defender

London, KY

#104916 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Every new fossil type found is an intermediate of another animal. So you clearly would not know an intermediate if it slapped you in the face.

Who says the universe is random chaos? You keep making false claims and try to prove these claims as wrong. That is called a straw man argument. Try arguing what we actually say, not what your propaganda is telling you the argument is.
Ok here's your shot: if not by random chaos then how?...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104917 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other answer... Be it God, aliens, or the cookie monster one thing is clear: No way random chaos can account for the origin and continually sustained life on this planet...
No way then to account for the aliens and god either, by your standards. But then again, you have double standards.
defender

London, KY

#104918 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, for species to change it takes a lot of changes. This takes time. Usually millions of years. Have we had millions of years to test? No.
But you have millions upon millions of fossils that should clearly show this process... Yet for some strange reason we can't get a peek?... Only sketches from bone fragments... Stop being a chump dude!! Put down the kool-aid...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104919 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here's your shot: if not by random chaos then how?...
Can't say exactly, but I am sure you will put a god into any gap of information I cannot supply as it has done by religion for all of recorded history.
Is gravity random? Is the water cycle random? Is god random?
defender

London, KY

#104920 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>Yep, humans are completely different from all other animals on the planet. Well, except for that pesky 98% DNA match we have with chimpanzees. And if you're willing to overlook the ~80% genetic similarity between humans and cows...etc

We have better developed brains. That's why we're able to fly around with metal wings in a jet.
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
defender

London, KY

#104921 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the 50% genetic match to Bananas.. Because long ago we were as much a plant as we were a animal....
As the Twilight Zone theme plays in the back ground... Lmfao!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104922 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have millions upon millions of fossils that should clearly show this process... Yet for some strange reason we can't get a peek?... Only sketches from bone fragments... Stop being a chump dude!! Put down the kool-aid...
Estimates show the likely hood of billions of species to have lived upon the earth. So if you do the math, the chances are very low to have a perfect and complete line of fossils to show the progression. But we do have some compelling fossils that I pointed out and you failed to acknowledge or explain.
Seeing as how species change happens over millions of years, this means a progression of fossils needs to be found for a single animal change that happened many millions of years ago. This should be hard to find, but we still have found some that shows a progression, like the birds. We have founded winged dinosaurs. The progression fits the predictions. Thus the theory remains strong. It has yet to be shown wrong. You can speculate it is wrong, but you cannot show it to be wrong. If evidence shows the hypothesis correct, it might move up to "theory". Thus it is taught as science theory.
Should we change those rules for you? Is this your goal?
defender

London, KY

#104923 May 27, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I would add that developments in species, such as wings, ARE as amazing as humans flying around in jets. There are insects that subjugate other insects to do work for them. There are lots of things that nature has produces by trial and error.

It is hard for us to see past our own biases. We clearly are intellectually amazing, as animals go, but our time here has been short. Who knows what will come later with or without us?

It is pretty fascinating to ponder.
How's it coming with that fossil list? Never heard back from ya...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104924 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Classic ... We also have very similar DNA to dogs and bananas... It's amazing what they forget to leave out...
Yes, and this relation shows it is likely we all descended from a common ancestor at some point in time. Thus extremely strong evidence for the theory of evolution. The evidence confirms the predictions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1998 jeep grand cherokee laredo need help 33 min Chris 5
Tim Corey 3 hr Lisa 4
Kim bingham 4 hr Funny 13
is Terry Smith dating mossie. Brown 4 hr family 2
Porsche mills 8 hr Agree 32
acer desktop windows 8 13 hr travis 1
Keith Ledford and Kayla grubb 13 hr lucky 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web