Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,062

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
defender

United States

#104751 May 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So only lefties believe in evolution? See Q about that.
What agenda is evolution pushing for to the left?
Q (google boy) doesn't know horse hockey from apple butter.... Evolution is about money (funding)
Lots of Christians believe in evolution.. Designed that is... But some handle snakes so there you go... Your point?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104752 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say a gay couple getting married threatens another family's structure. It threatens their family's structure.
I'm anxious to see more statistical data as time goes on, now that gays are allowed to marry in some states. For now, statistical data shows that gays prefer more variety in sexual partners and are less monogamous. So this would suggest that divorce rates would be higher, which certainly affects those with children. I truly hope that this won't be the case, because when children are involved, they suffer the most in divorces.
So marriage is threatening their family structure?
Do you really think marriage is why someone is not monogamous?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104753 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Q (google boy) doesn't know horse hockey from apple butter.... Evolution is about money (funding)
Lots of Christians believe in evolution.. Designed that is... But some handle snakes so there you go... Your point?
So you bash evolution and now say it is real but made by god? Got anymore contradictions of this magnitude?
Show me who handles snakes and is not affected by their poison?

What funding does the theory of evolution push for?
defender

United States

#104754 May 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you bash evolution and now say it is real but made by god? Got anymore contradictions of this magnitude?
Show me who handles snakes and is not affected by their poison?

What funding does the theory of evolution push for?
No you asked me what others thought.. Stereotype much?
They say a snake won't bite a righteous man but it would eat my ass up... Lol..
You group all christians in the same box and clearly do not understand anything about ID
Creationist and intelligent design are not totally the same but once again all you see is us vs. them... Look deeper...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104755 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief man!! How about I just start walking you through your ABC's while I'm at it.... If you're going to debate a subject at least know something about it... And thus the problem with ToE: So many people just assume what they hear is true and never check it out themselves then turn and call others ignorant. This point is proven here as clearly you know nothing about even the basics of the argument... I urge you to dive in and do the research and see for yourself...
How is it so many can say that J.F.K and 911 were conspiracy theories yet just take the word of any Jake-legged grant seeking professor?
In other words, you can't answer any of my requests. As I suspected...

Location hidden

#104756 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... The big bang theory ( father of ToE) requires as you say "evidence that does not exist" A whole universe of matter from nothing!! Now tell me about fairy tales Einstein !!...
Says the guy who believes the universe was created by an invisible man who lives in the sky.

And the subject was Evolution vs Intelligent Design (Creationism). If you want to change subjects just say so.

Location hidden

#104757 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a woman in the military turns out to be to weak to hold the fifty cal when the firefight starts and get everybody killed well that's ok cause that what she wanted to do... Nice logic there!!!
Why would your little doomsday scenario not be applicable to a man? One of the main points of basic training is to determine fitness and capability. If she couldn't physically handle the responsibilities given her then that's a failure of the system to weed her out.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#104758 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just say "I don't know what pedophelia is" and drop it. Justifying your position by saying there are laws against it is not a justification, as you should well know.
Also, you might want to look into bra sizes and what they mean. 44DD is not something that many would find attractive.
A Consensus of Pedophiles would agree with you....
defender

United States

#104759 May 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you can't answer any of my requests. As I suspected...
Pick one to start with ... Anything you want...

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104760 May 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
A Consensus of Pedophiles would agree with you....
You're just being stupid at this point. Pedophiles find undeveloped children attractive. NOT fully developed girls who happen to not be adults by our arbitrary legal definition.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104761 May 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who believes the universe was created by an invisible man who lives in the sky.
And the subject was Evolution vs Intelligent Design (Creationism). If you want to change subjects just say so.
Evolution, the evolving process of intelligent design. Or vise verse...kinda like that chicken and egg thing.

And now for a "Moment of bandwidth hogging Zen"

http://www.livescience.com/16582-cyclops-shar...

#104762 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just being stupid at this point. Pedophiles find undeveloped children attractive. NOT fully developed girls who happen to not be adults by our arbitrary legal definition.
Pedophiles have sexual attraction to underage Children.... Your Rationalization speaks more to your proclivity to such than our legal system... It's the same rationalization most child predators use... "She was asking for it with those short skirts" .. "She had great boobs so she was ready"...

It's your I'm not a Child Rapist because the Child had nice tit's excuse...

“pervinco per logica”

#104763 May 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophiles have sexual attraction to underage Children.... Your Rationalization speaks more to your proclivity to such than our legal system... It's the same rationalization most child predators use... "She was asking for it with those short skirts" .. "She had great boobs so she was ready"...
You couldn't be more wrong. Here are some resources to help you look less like an irrational idiot who knowingly uses well understood terms in an improper way in order to portray somebody he disagrees with in a negative manner (since he has no real argument):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia (<- as applies to adults, NOT teenagers within 3-4 years of each other)
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_sexua...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape#R...

If I've over estimated you level of knowledge and your misuse of the term "pedophile" is not intentional, but you're instead simply ignorant, please do read these so that you can understand why I'm right and you aren't. It's good to actually understand these things instead of acting like an emotional idiot.

#104764 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong. Here are some resources to help you look less like an irrational idiot who knowingly uses well understood terms in an improper way in order to portray somebody he disagrees with in a negative manner (since he has no real argument):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia (<- as applies to adults, NOT teenagers within 3-4 years of each other)
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_sexua...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape#R...
If I've over estimated you level of knowledge and your misuse of the term "pedophile" is not intentional, but you're instead simply ignorant, please do read these so that you can understand why I'm right and you aren't. It's good to actually understand these things instead of acting like an emotional idiot.
It's the same rationalization most child predators use... "She was asking for it with those short skirts" .. "She had great boobs so she was ready"...
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#104765 May 25, 2013
Where God Resides and the Devil Hides:

A shocking Revelation of a Man to whom many does not exist.

“pervinco per logica”

#104766 May 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are correct. I was simply being an irrational twat when I implied or directly stated that you both were pedophiles and I'm very sorry. I'm all better now, and I definitely wouldn't repeat the same incorrect and insulting garbage to cement my position as closed minded and ignorant.
is the kind of thing you would have said if you actually were a reasonable person that was willing to admit when they are wrong. But you didn't because you apparently aren't. You pretty much want to ignore reality and call somebody whose spouse is 3 years younger than them a pedophile (and apparently me, as well, since I defended them).

Well, sorry, but that's disgusting hypocrisy. Especially considering the age gap you're currently living with. Those people were both consenting, both physically mature, and within very few years of the same age. I really have no idea what your motive could be for saying this garbage. I guess, since you're immune to reason, I'll just assume that you're nuts, and that idiots like you are the reason that innocent kids go to jail and get labeled "sex offender" for simply being kids.

#104767 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
is the kind of thing you would have said if you actually were a reasonable person that was willing to admit when they are wrong. But you didn't because you apparently aren't. You pretty much want to ignore reality and call somebody whose spouse is 3 years younger than them a pedophile (and apparently me, as well, since I defended them).
Well, sorry, but that's disgusting hypocrisy. Especially considering the age gap you're currently living with. Those people were both consenting, both physically mature, and within very few years of the same age. I really have no idea what your motive could be for saying this garbage. I guess, since you're immune to reason, I'll just assume that you're nuts, and that idiots like you are the reason that innocent kids go to jail and get labeled "sex offender" for simply being kids.
If their Spouse is 16 and they are 19... Then they are a Pedophile ..Don't like it,,, don't care,,, If their spouse is 18 and they are 92 then they are not.... You can rationalize Child Rape all you wish to make yourself feel better for having a pedophile mindset all you wish but your neighbors should be aware of your proclivities for considering their children targets if they grow boobs at 12... You are here telling the world that as long as the child is developed to your lust level go for it... Facts are Facts... Sexual contact with a Child under 18 is Child Rape no matter how much you wish it wasn't...
saywat

Frankfort, KY

#104768 May 25, 2013
what a joke. Dont brain wash a bunch of little kids. lol

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104769 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
19 year old going after a 15 .... Pedophilia... I don't care if the Kid has 44dd's .... Sexual Contact of even non intercourse type will get you 5 to 10 years in state prison and a life long registration to the Sexual Predator lists....
Turning 16, turning 19. Read before speaking please.

I'm surprised that you would consider arbitrary age limits of much consequence when we're talking about teens dating teens.

The term for a grown person being exclusively attracted to teens is ephebophilia, not pedophilia. I am a grown man and I've been married to my wife for more than 20 years, so I am neither.

The term for our dating period when we were teens is this:

Normal sexual behavior.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104770 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If their Spouse is 16 and they are 19... Then they are a Pedophile ..Don't like it,,, don't care,,, If their spouse is 18 and they are 92 then they are not.... You can rationalize Child Rape all you wish to make yourself feel better for having a pedophile mindset all you wish but your neighbors should be aware of your proclivities for considering their children targets if they grow boobs at 12... You are here telling the world that as long as the child is developed to your lust level go for it... Facts are Facts... Sexual contact with a Child under 18 is Child Rape no matter how much you wish it wasn't...
Look up the word, Q.

It seems that you don't like having your intellect challenged.

Now, to the meat of what you posted here.

The 18 age limit is a necessary legal invention. We have to draw a line somewhere and 18 seems to be a good place to do it. At 18 people tend to be fully mature. I fully agree that this is a good age limit and it helps protect kids from predators.

But a 3-year gap between teens is not the stuff that sexual predation is made of. You are being pedantic. Do you honestly think that at age 19 I was some kind of sexual monster preying on kids?

Do you think the 18yo lesbian from the story I was responding to is a sexual predator because her girlfriend was not yet 18?

If so, can you be a bigger kook?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 153,832
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 29 min Stay away 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 31 min Don 5,253
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 37 min Seek help 11
Salon perfection 1 hr SH 11
2 good husbands free 2 hr just for the record 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 5 hr Wow 5
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 6 hr True Anon 14
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE