Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,232

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104882 May 27, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural mechanisms? Really?... Have you ever read any research on Casimir Effect? Or Higgs Boson (God particle)...
For that matter have you researched anything?
Belief in God is religion (faith) no one is arguing that... Ok? Understand now?
It's is evolution that makes the claim that science stands behind it... Ok then the burden of proof lies on evolution...
Now about intermediates : please show me the evolution of just one species!!
And I mean the fossils!! Not sketch artist painting from bone fragments on Talkorigins ... We have millions of them right? Shouldn't be a problem then huh? I can't wait to see the development of wings on fossils step by step... Or maybe how wolfs became wales... I'll be waiting!!!
Science has a bad habit of naming things that common folk do not understand. The god particle is not named due to it being of a god, just as "theory" in science is not just an idea, but is accepted fact based upon overwhelming evidence. "Nothing" is even relative, as their is no absolute "nothing" in the universe, as far as science can measure. What might be called nothing is actually filled with energy. Energy can become matter.....

So you do not accept fragments of bone as evidence yet you accept the idea of god without a single fragment of anything to examine? Double standards?

I wish bones fossilized more easily so as to show the people who have no understanding of what a fragment of bone can tell us.
Can you not see that the bones are not plentiful in general, thus we must rely on fragments to examine.

Their are bones of an upright walking ape, so just what is the religious explanation for that? What is the explanation for Neanderthals and other large brained upright hominids?

Birds came hundreds of millions of years ago. That is a long time for a fossil to survive intact, yet we do have a few.
A wing is not incredibly different than an arm of a dinosaur. They have the same basic structure. Feathers and scales are of the same material, just formed differently. The fossils show a cross between the traits of a dinosaur and a bird. What is your explanation for that?Is it just some crazy coincidence and has zero connection? You seem to wish their is no connection to keep your superstitious beliefs. I do not believe in your god no matter if their is a connection or not.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#104883 May 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been sitting on the sidelines of this one, casually munching my popcorn, when I remembered that for a while when I was 18 I had a 16 year old girlfriend. Does that mean I'm a pedophile too? I don't think so.
It seems to me that you're fixated on conflating statutory rape with pedophilia.
Actually I'm a bit more tolerant of a 18yo and a 16 years old that I might sound but The Point became important when the poster insisted that age was not the issue and development was... There are 12 and 13 year old's that are well developed... There are 8 yo's that have given birth... My Personnel view is that if you are 18 or older, walk away from anyone under 18 as fast as your feet can get to steppin... Don't flirt, don't hang out, don't be alone with... Your life can be destroyed before you realize what hit you....

And Never consider the development level of a Child when you formulate your world view on sexuality... Was being a bit over the top by design.....

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104884 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a previous or potential child rapist would be expected to to lash out when their self induced system of denial is made public....
Spoken like a 60 something year old crybaby that still can't admit when wrong.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
His Point was Not Accurate and his insistence on his variation of term is of no more import as my variation of term..
You are wrong. There is no "variation of term" in a scientific term, only a variation of how stupid people misuse it. And in this case, there is simply me understanding the term and its correct usage, and you refusing to do so (even when an internet worth of fact is against you) because you are a resentful sh!t head that doesn't like being proven wrong.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
His view and surprisingly your support of his view that age is of no import and that perceived development is the important part is the mindset of a past or future child molester...
No, moron. That is your disgusting strawman. You go ahead and quote me saying "age is of no import and perceived development is the important part". Or don't bother, since you can't, and you're an old pathetic baby trying to put words in my mouth so that you can actually win. You cannot and will not, and it only makes you look sad when you try.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided"
Here's the part that you should have actually read before quoting, moron. I don't care what people who are WRONG say about this. Quit spreading stupidity and use the f*$king term correctly. Half of the worlds problems are caused by stupid people using words incorrectly. I provided plenty of information concerning the correct usage of the term and you have no excuse for not utilizing it (other than that you prefer winning over the truth, in which case you're a terrible person).
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Rationalizing a Child is good to go if are "Developed" is disgusting whether it be by a Priest, Mormon or self proclaimed intellectual...
Again, your disgusting straw man, NOT my words. All I'm doing is promoting the proper use of the damn term, and you're being generally disgusting in your attacks and your libelous characterization of me simply because you can't deal with being wrong. Face it, you ARE wrong, I AM right, and no amount of lying about me will change that fact. Of course, you fought for the freedom to lie about people once upon a time, so have at it. Say whatever filthy garbage you can make up about me. Just don't expect anyone's respect as you continue to disgrace yourself in your attempts to disgrace me.
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet.
That's because you're stupid and don't understand evolution. The goal of evolution isn't to fly planes or make computers or land on the moon. Evolution has NO goal. It's merely the process through which things that are better at surviving survive to make more offspring. Big muscles and teeth will get you VERY far in this world, if you hadn't noticed. Once you're at an apex, and can pretty much eat anything you want, you have nothing forcing you to get smarter. There is no increase in the survival rate of smarter members of the species. So smartness doesn't become more prevalent. Hopefully, based on that, you can figure out how soft squishy things like us would have developed different traits.

Really... if you people would spend 10% of the time you spend attacking evolution, instead, actually learning what evolution is, you wouldn't look like such mouth breathing wastes of life.

Somerset, KY

#104885 May 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, humans are completely different from all other animals on the planet. Well, except for that pesky 98% DNA match we have with chimpanzees. And if you're willing to overlook the ~80% genetic similarity between humans and cows...etc
We have better developed brains. That's why we're able to fly around with metal wings in a jet.
Don't forget the 50% genetic match to Bananas.. Because long ago we were as much a plant as we were a animal....

Somerset, KY

#104886 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Science has a bad habit of naming things that common folk do not understand. The god particle is not named due to it being of a god, just as "theory" in science is not just an idea, but is accepted fact based upon overwhelming evidence. "Nothing" is even relative, as their is no absolute "nothing" in the universe, as far as science can measure. What might be called nothing is actually filled with energy. Energy can become matter.....
So you do not accept fragments of bone as evidence yet you accept the idea of god without a single fragment of anything to examine? Double standards?
I wish bones fossilized more easily so as to show the people who have no understanding of what a fragment of bone can tell us.
Can you not see that the bones are not plentiful in general, thus we must rely on fragments to examine.
Their are bones of an upright walking ape, so just what is the religious explanation for that? What is the explanation for Neanderthals and other large brained upright hominids?
Birds came hundreds of millions of years ago. That is a long time for a fossil to survive intact, yet we do have a few.
A wing is not incredibly different than an arm of a dinosaur. They have the same basic structure. Feathers and scales are of the same material, just formed differently. The fossils show a cross between the traits of a dinosaur and a bird. What is your explanation for that?Is it just some crazy coincidence and has zero connection? You seem to wish their is no connection to keep your superstitious beliefs. I do not believe in your god no matter if their is a connection or not.
Dead on across the board... There is no such thing as nothing...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104887 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know of an individual that picked up two girls that said they were 19 and took them home and has sex with them... They got mad at each other and told each others parents (They were 17) and the 22 year old guy was arrested, convicted and sent to 5 years in prison with a life time "Sexual Predator" tag in Kentucky....
The Point I was making with the other poster was that his position of as long as the Child is Developed to some arbitrary level he seems to conclude they are open game for predation... It was just a way to rationalize his proclivities....
You failed to mention the charge. For all I know, he raped them by force or maybe that is what they claimed.
Their is a five year gap in your situation.
Your example does not prove my point wrong. Many states do make different ages for laws on sexual consent. Yes it is arbitrary, but you seem to think this arbitrary number is all that matters, not the person in which you are arguing against. He is using logic and reason, you are using the arbitrary number.
He was 19 and thus his brain was not fully developed as far as the science says.
Maybe he took a risk in the law, but was not your charge. You seem to be changing your argument as you get some facts thrown at you.

I was thinking, if the age of twenty is when the brain is fully formed, then maybe society should wait til twenty to make one a legal adult. No military until twenty. Most eighteen year old kids have no idea what they are getting into with the military, and I think the military preys upon their immature mind to trick them into signing up.

So what do you think about all that?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104888 May 27, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close!
The 14th amendment was NOT to give perverts rights!
But yet they slipped in, and now slipping on down that slope!
Like I was proud our POTUS was a Black guy, and NOW
I'm ashamed for America, as he is FAR from Honest...
FAR from Righteous!
God is real, and judgment is right around the corner!
Repent! turn away from your sins!
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#104889 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, for species to change it takes a lot of changes. This takes time. Usually millions of years. Have we had millions of years to test? No.
According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet. There is definitely something different about the human race. To be as far advanced as we are from all the other animals on this planet and to be here the shortest amount of time should be enough to make one at least wonder about the existence of the Creator who was before anything that we know existed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104890 May 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you,or evolutionists or Scientists wanted to know how to learn about God's existence,the answer is simple and you know where to find it.
All it takes is for one to be willing to look and follow the instructions
Clearly their is zero fragments of evidence of a god because you would surely offer it up if it existed.
Brainwashing is not evidence. Faith is not evidence. If it was, then every religion is true.
So True

United States

#104891 May 27, 2013
May I ask all of you, on here, r any of you women??
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104892 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to mention the charge. For all I know, he raped them by force or maybe that is what they claimed.
Their is a five year gap in your situation.
Your example does not prove my point wrong. Many states do make different ages for laws on sexual consent. Yes it is arbitrary, but you seem to think this arbitrary number is all that matters, not the person in which you are arguing against. He is using logic and reason, you are using the arbitrary number.
He was 19 and thus his brain was not fully developed as far as the science says.
Maybe he took a risk in the law, but was not your charge. You seem to be changing your argument as you get some facts thrown at you.
I was thinking, if the age of twenty is when the brain is fully formed, then maybe society should wait til twenty to make one a legal adult. No military until twenty. Most eighteen year old kids have no idea what they are getting into with the military, and I think the military preys upon their immature mind to trick them into signing up.
So what do you think about all that?
I've been gone for some time enjoying this long weekend with family and friends , so I'm not going to go back and refresh on the topic at hand.* I'm lazy * and a bit hung over. But good point on this age and military. I find it funny that one cannot buy himself an alcoholic beverage until the age of 21 but can join the armed forces at age 18. I for one think it should be changed. On this day, I would like to extend everyone who served and is still serving a big thanks!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104893 May 27, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Science humans haven't been here very long compared to all the other animals, it's odd to me that if Evolution is true, then why isn't there anything else on this planet flying around with Medal wings in a jet. There is definitely something different about the human race. To be as far advanced as we are from all the other animals on this planet and to be here the shortest amount of time should be enough to make one at least wonder about the existence of the Creator who was before anything that we know existed.
Humans have large brain. Other than that, we are not very much different. That large brain can make for many differences though. But to assume it is magic, is just superstition.
Most all animals use a brain. We can see the brain dictates what the animal can do. Humans have a large one, so it is not surprising we can build planes.
Other animals do not need a large brain to survive. We have been here such a short time, it is not known yet if a large brain is so great for survival in the long run. Our brain might be our own demise. Our brains have devised the tools that could kill all humans, thus we could be extinct in a short period of time.

I understand it is hard to understand sometimes, but your idea of why we should assume a god is simply a reason a god was invented by mans imagination. It fills a gap of information, or at least it did at one time. The gaps are closing and I see the believers squirming to keep that information away from the young in order to keep the religion strong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104894 May 27, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>God created the "Family" unit...
Man + Woman = child!
We target all sins equally...
You've heard me speak against KILLING Babies in/out of the womb!
It's just that the homosexual agenda is just as damning/damaging as Killing Babies in the womb... at least when the want to press their lifestyles on every other person in the world!
Adoption for gays... NO WAY!
You drag a child through a cesspool... they will come out
smelling like crap!
WRONG is WRONG, no matter how you spin it!
Again, if wrong is wrong, why do you only demand homosexuals not have the right to marry? Why not keep all people who are wrong from marrying?

Families were around long before your god was invented.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104895 May 27, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been gone for some time enjoying this long weekend with family and friends , so I'm not going to go back and refresh on the topic at hand.* I'm lazy * and a bit hung over. But good point on this age and military. I find it funny that one cannot buy himself an alcoholic beverage until the age of 21 but can join the armed forces at age 18. I for one think it should be changed. On this day, I would like to extend everyone who served and is still serving a big thanks!
Thanks (I served). I also would like to give the others thanks.
Maybe we should make recruitment age 21. Give the brain time to mature and think in full maturity for a year.

You do not see many older people joining the military, and their is likely a reason why. I think it is due to them understanding it is not the best idea.
I doubt you will see congress make the age higher due to the fact their would be a massive shortage of volunteers due to my point.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104896 May 27, 2013
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>They want "Special" rights...
So true

United States

#104897 May 27, 2013
There will always be many wanting to serve. Thank you mike for doing so.. Hugs

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104898 May 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm a bit more tolerant of a 18yo and a 16 years old that I might sound but The Point became important when the poster insisted that age was not the issue and development was... There are 12 and 13 year old's that are well developed... There are 8 yo's that have given birth... My Personnel view is that if you are 18 or older, walk away from anyone under 18 as fast as your feet can get to steppin... Don't flirt, don't hang out, don't be alone with... Your life can be destroyed before you realize what hit you....
And Never consider the development level of a Child when you formulate your world view on sexuality... Was being a bit over the top by design.....
So adults need to stay away from kids? Kind of paranoid about being accused, aren't you?
Check Bill Burr's take on this. Funny stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#104899 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly their is zero fragments of evidence of a god because you would surely offer it up if it existed.
Brainwashing is not evidence. Faith is not evidence. If it was, then every religion is true.
Clearly you Atheists claim there is no God,but you can't seem to get that which you claim doees not exist out of your minds.
I wonder why that is?
God is supernatural and one is unable to prove God's existence by natural means.
God proves himself to exist by revealing himself to those who diligently seek him.
Atheists and Science are unable to define , understand or duplicate that process .
To them,it is magic,superstition,nonsense...
But,they are forming opinions on something that is way beyond their limited understanding and which they know nothing about.
That may well be the reason they cannot get God out of their mind.
They know they don't understand and are trying to figure out why that Is?
That doubt seems to force them to keep looking,hoping...
I see that as a positive sign,given God's desire that none be lost and as Jesus said,when asked ,Who could be saved? What is impossible to man ,is possible to God...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104900 May 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you Atheists claim there is no God,but you can't seem to get that which you claim doees not exist out of your minds.
I wonder why that is?
God is supernatural and one is unable to prove God's existence by natural means.
God proves himself to exist by revealing himself to those who diligently seek him.
Atheists and Science are unable to define , understand or duplicate that process .
To them,it is magic,superstition,nonsense...
But,they are forming opinions on something that is way beyond their limited understanding and which they know nothing about.
That may well be the reason they cannot get God out of their mind.
They know they don't understand and are trying to figure out why that Is?
That doubt seems to force them to keep looking,hoping...
I see that as a positive sign,given God's desire that none be lost and as Jesus said,when asked ,Who could be saved? What is impossible to man ,is possible to God...
You are asking a question I have answered many times over. And just yesterday you claimed searching for god was not natural. Make up your mind.
I give many reasons for why I post here, and you accept none of them.
The feelings you get when you think you are hearing or feeling god has been replicated by most every religion invented. Are they all real?
I and science can explain why you have these feelings, so I am not actually asking you why, I am telling you why. You just refuse to believe you are brainwashed. You think 'thoughts' are a god speaking. I know better, you and all others who follow all other religions do not know better. You confuse thoughts with magic. You confuse imagination with magic. You claim what you imagine is reality.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#104901 May 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are asking a question I have answered many times over. And just yesterday you claimed searching for god was not natural. Make up your mind.
I give many reasons for why I post here, and you accept none of them.
The feelings you get when you think you are hearing or feeling god has been replicated by most every religion invented. Are they all real?
I and science can explain why you have these feelings, so I am not actually asking you why, I am telling you why. You just refuse to believe you are brainwashed. You think 'thoughts' are a god speaking. I know better, you and all others who follow all other religions do not know better. You confuse thoughts with magic. You confuse imagination with magic. You claim what you imagine is reality.
Yes,you and science seek to explain that which you have never experienced,therefore your expertise and that of science is null and void.
Your ignorance and arrogance has led you to conclude that you sre better qualified to understand what I have experinced than I am.
Your misguided search for truth has led you into a foolish and delusional frame of mind and we knew that would happen.
Buit,don't give up the search,if you keep seeking,I believe you will find...It is not too late.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason hughes son 8 min Jason cuzzo 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 44 min _Zoey_ 3,610
hau mings mexican restaurant 59 min bugs r us 2
dinky phipps 1 hr Edozier 18
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 2 hr Lee 15
What do you think 3 hr Just sayin 1
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 3 hr Just sayin 188
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 24 dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match