Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
100,121 - 100,140 of 130,546 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104727 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Gay marriage hurt? Why not group marriage? Or human-animal marriage?... Look most people today are afraid of saying what they really feel... Not me... I'm not saying everyone shouldn't have equal rights ... That's fine but that isn't what the homosexual movement wants anyway... How do I know that? Cause they already are getting what they want in every state... That battle is over... What they want is to cram their lifestyle down everyone's throat and bully people like you are this nice guy... Bottom line is it's disgusting... If you want to have sex with men then burn it up bro... You want to marry a man then great! Good for you... But don't look to darkin my door with your nasty ass lifestyle cause you just might get to meet the God you mock...
So have zero examples of how gay marriage hurts you?
Animals do not get the rights of humans.

I have no problem if someone wants plural marriage. Do you have a problem with it? If so, then are all the players of the OT immoral?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104728 May 25, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I have yet to see a religie on here who does not dodge the questions. The old "bob and weave" is good distraction. Why bother with a respectful conversation when none is returned.
Yeah, I kinda gave up trying to be very civil. I'll extend civility if the person tries to be polite and civil. But I just can't stomach bigots and the willfully ignorant these days. And I guess there's no reason I have to.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104729 May 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Tax benefits, hospital visitation, insurance sharing, inheritance rights, custody rights.
Also respect and full membership in modern society. We place a huge importance on the family. If you are a husband and wife combo you have full access to society's perks. Gays are routinely denied this access by way of being denied marriage rights.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104731 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let these bozos tell you the science is on their side... Not by a long shot!!! They can prove nothing.. In fact ToE (theory of evolution) has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese... It's the desperate hope of agenda pushing lefties... Science in fact points to an intelligent design... It's the 900 pound gorilla in the room that the evolutionist doesn't want to face....
You use the word "prove" for evolution but then use the words "points to" for ID. Double standard?
Evolution is simply what the fossil record points to. Now if you could only show this intelligent designer, you may someday have a case.
But the bible claims all species were made at one time, but the evidence proves this as absolutely false beyond a shadow of a doubt.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104733 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I doubt their family would extend past the two of them since it is so hard to adopt if you aren't married. I'm really only talking about families with children here.
I'm against gay marriage, not gay civil unions. If a gay couple is able to provide physically, and emotionally for a child, I'm fine with gay adoption. The child may have a tough life explaining why they have 2 dads or 2 moms, but as our society gets more used to it, this will get easier too. Not sure about in school though. Kids are relentless sometimes with the way they pick on each other.
What I was saying earlier though, is if the statistics for monogamy with gays rings true in gay unions, there will be more children hurt by families split up than we have currently. It's already bad with straight couples that divorce, but bring in a population with a worse record, then it will make the total worse as well. The end result will be more kids with a jacked up home life.
Maybe when society stops condemning homosexuals and allow them to marry, you would see more getting the privilege of adoption. It could lead to better monogamy also, as that is one large goal of the commitment of marriage. Forbid it at the peril of society.

Do a thought experiment once in a while. If we forbid heterosexual marriage, what chances do you think monogamy would decrease?

I think you have no idea how to put yourself in another persons shoes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104734 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was to show you the church's stance on marriage and the family.
Marriage is a great thing, whether in the temple or not. The difference is: not in the temple means til death do you part. They even say that in the marriage ceremony. Why do you think they do? They knew to acknowledge that they didn't have the sealing powers to bind on earth and in heaven as described in the New Testament.
I don't fight gay marriage for my own marriage, but for the integrity of God's plan and the family unit. Petty to you, not to me.
So marriage is about something after earth?
The marriage debate is not asking for eternal bonds in the after life. This is a legal issue. If you wish to continue keeping certain people out of your afterlife club, who cares? Not I.
The vows one says is up to them, but the legal document of marriage has nothing to say on the afterlife.

Now please explain how gay marriage threatens the "family unit"?
And how does legal marriage for homosexuals threaten gods plan?
You keep repeating it threatens, yet can produce no reasoning.
Mindless phrases just makes me look correct and you as a blind follower.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104735 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
All prophets are fallible. They are men. They make errors just like everyone else. They sin just like everyone else (though probably much less). This is what set Jesus apart. He never sinned, He wasn't fallible. This is why I'm not muslim.
He did describe what Jesus looked like. And God the Father as well.
Google is a click away. You should educate yourself on this religion before trying to tell a member of it what they believe.
So because the religion you were raised in(Christianity) claims Jesus was infallible, that proves Islam as false?
I asked YOU what he said Jesus looks like. Again you refuse to answer a simple question.
I have already forgotten who it is that made the claim, and I am not going to search for the post.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#104736 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa there....
Not EVEN remotely. You generally seem to make sense when you post, but you must have turned off your brain on this one.
Pedophelia is a sexual attraction to an undeveloped child. As in pre-pubescence. There is essentially no such thing as a pre-pubescent 16 year old. This is almost certainly not some sick inappropriate physical attraction, and you should not be insulting and jump so such conclusions.
A sexual attraction to a fully developed 16 year old female is NOT remotely pedophelia. The arbitrary 18 year limit is completely wrong in many cases. The only reason one should be prevented from having a relationship when there is a small age gap like <3 years is if there is a significant gap in mental development which could cause the younger party to be taken advantage of, which is again not likely. I mean, yeah, it's pretty sick when a 50 year old man goes after a 17 year old girl, but that's entirely for reasons other than pedophelia.
19 year old going after a 15 .... Pedophilia... I don't care if the Kid has 44dd's .... Sexual Contact of even non intercourse type will get you 5 to 10 years in state prison and a life long registration to the Sexual Predator lists....
defender

United States

#104737 May 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So have zero examples of how gay marriage hurts you?
Animals do not get the rights of humans.

I have no problem if someone wants plural marriage. Do you have a problem with it? If so, then are all the players of the OT immoral?
You miss the point... I don't care!!!! Just leave those who don't want it in their lives alone?... What's so hard about that?
defender

United States

#104738 May 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You use the word "prove" for evolution but then use the words "points to" for ID. Double standard?
Evolution is simply what the fossil record points to. Now if you could only show this intelligent designer, you may someday have a case.
But the bible claims all species were made at one time, but the evidence proves this as absolutely false beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Wrong again caption crunch!! The evidence clearly shows that life has always depended on other life to survive... This is where system complexity and dependency come into play... Unless you got some of that magic pixy dust that is... Lol.. Really?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104739 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted one part that shows this. Doctrine and Covenants 84.
I'm not sure that the Bible comes out and says that women can't hold the priesthood in those exact words, but certainly it speaks of the priesthood being passed down from father to son, and even from man to man. Also, every prophet, apostle, and levitical priest mentioned in the Bible is male.
Please tell me if you require further information as to assure you I am not running from the question.
You claimed it was in the bible, now you say it just infers.
It stands to reason if Jesus was a real deity, and only women could receive revelation worthy of passing on to other members, he would have mentioned it in the bible.
defender

United States

#104740 May 25, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I kinda gave up trying to be very civil. I'll extend civility if the person tries to be polite and civil. But I just can't stomach bigots and the willfully ignorant these days. And I guess there's no reason I have to.
Yeah we should just shut up and go hold hands with the homosexuals as we prance though Disney Land and sing about the great new rainbow paradise!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104741 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point... I don't care!!!! Just leave those who don't want it in their lives alone?... What's so hard about that?
Who is trying to put it in your life?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104742 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we should just shut up and go hold hands with the homosexuals as we prance though Disney Land and sing about the great new rainbow paradise!!!
Did someone ask you to do this?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104743 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let these bozos tell you the science is on their side... Not by a long shot!!! They can prove nothing.. In fact ToE (theory of evolution) has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese... It's the desperate hope of agenda pushing lefties... Science in fact points to an intelligent design... It's the 900 pound gorilla in the room that the evolutionist doesn't want to face....
So only lefties believe in evolution? See Q about that.
What agenda is evolution pushing for to the left?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104744 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you it was in D&C. Chapter 84 shoes the oath of the Priesthood. He speaks of how the Priesthood is passed from Father to son, and He tells us it was for the sons of Moses. Here is an excerpt:
For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies.
They become the sons of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God.
You should read the whole chapter.
The origins of marriage predate recorded history, so my only source is the Bible. Other religions tell a similar story of the origin.
The only other speculation of origin is for a man to feel paternal rights to his own children and access to sexual relations with the same female. Usually they paid a bride price to her father for this. That doesn't sound much like marriage to me, but maybe it was for that type of society.
Do you guys ever test the claims of this?

71 And if any man shall administer apoison unto them it shall not hurt them;
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc...
It is either real or it is of myth.

2 Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the arestoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his bprophets, and for the cgathering of his dsaints to stand upon eMount Zion, which shall be the city of fNew Jerusalem.

3 Which city shall be abuilt, beginning at the btemple lot, which is appointed by the finger of the Lord, in the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and cdedicated by the hand of Joseph Smith, Jun., and others with whom the Lord was well pleased.

4 Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city aNew Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which btemple shall be creared in this dgeneration.

5 For verily this generation shall not all apass away until an bhouse shall be built unto the Lord, and a ccloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the dglory of the Lord, which shall fill the house.

Missouri? Really?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104745 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I am concerned for others in this case, not myself. Whatever the world does outside my front door will not affect me in this matter. However, the overall degradation of society in general affects the children today, and in the future. I do what I can to protect the family unit. Not just this topic, but others as well. I think our church does well at promoting strong families. I think if more people practiced keeping the Sabbath Day holy by doing the Lord's work and spending time with family, families would be stronger. I think if more families put their distractions away and ate supper together, it would strengthen families. I think if more families practiced my church's Family Home Evening program once a week, it would strengthen familes. If fathers and mothers treated each other with respect as well as their children, that example of love and kindness would transfer to children.
Yeah, how selfish of me
And how does any of this have anything to do with gay marriage? Is gay marriage degrading society? If so, how? You do quite the dance as you avoid this question.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104746 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Change the word "invented" to "written" and I can agree.
If you could only show evidence it existed before the other religions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104747 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
One good example: Motherhood trumps anything man can do.
Not that your church has a choice about allowing that.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104748 May 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
19 year old going after a 15 .... Pedophilia... I don't care if the Kid has 44dd's .... Sexual Contact of even non intercourse type will get you 5 to 10 years in state prison and a life long registration to the Sexual Predator lists....
Just say "I don't know what pedophelia is" and drop it. Justifying your position by saying there are laws against it is not a justification, as you should well know.

Also, you might want to look into bra sizes and what they mean. 44DD is not something that many would find attractive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min argh 1,515
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Cornelius Scudmister 151,274
Long John Silvers 51 min smark 2
holly cole 1 hr Fact 1
anyone know anything about Holly Cole? (Sep '09) 1 hr Wondering 8
Flatlick auction open? 1 hr Question 1
hot girl a the funeral home 1 hr steve 8
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 22 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000