Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
100,101 - 100,120 of 128,659 Comments Last updated 50 min ago
defender

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is revelation physical work?
Your statement was extremely bigoted.
God should have checked with logic, not me. But I do not think any god did anything. These barbaric rules are just cultural norms of the past, nothing more. Problem is, those of religion have a hard time improving in time due to being held down by the idea a perfect god made these rules.

This is why I oppose religion.

Women are physically able to do most any job if given the freedom to do so. As long as society forbids them to do the job, they will not likely build themselves to perform the job.

Allow a woman to choose what she wants to be. It is not your job to decide what she can or cannot handle.
You people get truth confused with bigoted... Scientific fact dude... Like it or not...
defender

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If life came in this "impossible" environment, then it is clearly not impossible.

No one knows what was before the big bang, so that "nothing" you speak of it not necessarily the belief of an atheist.

Now the idea god spoke and it was so is a story of pixy dust.
Magic either way you slice the pie... Why is that so hard for the evolutionist to accept?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... The big bang theory ( father of ToE) requires as you say "evidence that does not exist" A whole universe of matter from nothing!! Now tell me about fairy tales Einstein !!
Not one hypothesis of Abiogenesis has ever been proven in any lab around the world... Ever... Epic fail for the origin of life!! 0 for 2 bud...
It has never been observed in the natural world or lab that any mutation has brought about a new species... After thousands of generations of bacteria grown guess what?... For all the mutations not one shred of evidence for species change... Ever...
And that isn't even the tip of the iceberg against the foolish theory... If you wish to believe your ancestors are lizards then great!!! But don't call it science... That would be faith...
Now the statements above didn't come from preacher Billy Bob or the bible... They are facts... Evolution is religion..
The theory of evolution came before the big bang theory.
So you claim that artificial evolution being hard if not impossible to do, proves natural evolution false?

Species change is simply a category we humans made to name different sorts of animals. When the animals traits vary to large degrees, science might put them in new species categories.
Sometimes the lines become blurred between species due to fossil gaps being filled by new finds.

Species change over the span of millions of years most times, but you expect science to replicate millions of years in a lab?

Life came in over a span of a billion years, but you expect science replicate what took a billion years to accomplish?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... The big bang theory ( father of ToE) requires as you say "evidence that does not exist"
Father of "ToE"? Is that how you justify your stupidity?

You go ahead and read "The origin of species" and tell me how many times the big bang is referenced. Then, actually learn something about science and figure out that the theory of evolution is over TWICE as old as the big bang is. Idiot.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole universe of matter from nothing!!
That is NOT what the theory says. Idiot.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one hypothesis of Abiogenesis has ever been proven in any lab around the world... Ever...
Which is totally different from intelligent design, right? Right?
Idiot.

And, again, evolution has nothing to do with abiogenesis.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never been observed in the natural world or lab that any mutation has brought about a new species...
First, define species. Second, explain how you differentiate species of bacteria. Apply this to all further arguments.

Also, it has never been observed in the natural world or lab that intelligent design has brought about a new species.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
After thousands of generations of bacteria grown guess what?... For all the mutations not one shred of evidence for species change... Ever...
After thousands of generations of bacteria grown guess what?... For all the mutations not one shred of evidence for intelligent design... Ever...
Apply the same to evidence for an intelligent designer, a being which your "theory" rests entirely upon.

And all this "faith" and "religion" bullsh!t:
Come on. I know you want to feel like you're right. I know you want to lend more credence to your beliefs that what the descriptor "faith" implies. But you don't get to call unbiased evidence based scientific theories "faith" and "religion" just because your beliefs are. You're screaming and clawing in an attempt to put scientific theories down on the same shelf. Sorry. Not gonna happen. You'll just continue to be a self-defeating moron.
I recommend reading a science book or a non-propaganda website for once in your life. If you do so with an open mind and NO assumptions concerning anything going into it, you are likely to walk away a better person. I honestly don't think you're capable, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway so that you can improve yourself if you so choose.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic either way you slice the pie... Why is that so hard for the evolutionist to accept?
Sorry, you failed to show what is claimed as magic. Were you talking about god spoke and it was so?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You people get truth confused with bigoted... Scientific fact dude... Like it or not...
Got evidence?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You have 0 experience with this obviously. I spend 80% of my time off of work trying to make my wife happy (the other 20% I am making my kids happy). I do not rule over my wife in any way.
Guess the bible was wrong then.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You just evaded every single question on the topic and then accused the other guy of not knowing anything?
Sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about.
Lol, I have yet to see a religie on here who does not dodge the questions. The old "bob and weave" is good distraction. Why bother with a respectful conversation when none is returned.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a woman in the military turns out to be to weak to hold the fifty cal when the firefight starts and get everybody killed well that's ok cause that what she wanted to do... Nice logic there!!!
Further more if women are so held back as you say then why do so many choose to stay in their environments?
They have total freedom and government backing to do whatever they please? Umm.. Maybe they like being women? Ya think?
Evidently you have never been in the military. No one person is on fifty cal duty. A woman can build muscle. Many men cannot carry a fifty cal well either. It is what one trains for. If the woman is allowed to carry a fifty cal, then she must prove herself capable of doing so.
Ever seen women power lifters? Women are not confined to be weak. But if you put them in a box, they will likely be weak.

You are wishing for the women not to be allowed the choice. If they are allow, then chose, then I have no problem.
You forget the critical detail, freedom of choice.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called a Pedophile ....
It's a 3 year difference among teens. Give me a f*cking break.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Some of the guys and gals that post on here think that some of us are not nice in the way we post, the reason is evident. And I can say, not one religie on here has ever been attacked "first" with personal insults, by me. As for their absurd beliefs put it out there and I will poke it with a stick.

Some of the Atheists and fence sitters on this thread are just as arrogant and as smug as the religies.

Blow me.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Which splinter group are you talking about? The dispute over plural marriage was not the reason for the first divide in views. Emma Smith thought that Joseph Smith III should have been the next prophet after Joseph's martyr. This started the RLDS church (Called Community of Christ now after they ran out of money and had to denounce the BOM to receive financial help from other churches)
Are you speaking of some other splinter group that happened after 1890 like the FLDS church?
We believe the church has been restored from what Christ set up. Angelic visitations were common in the scriptures. If the church is restored, wouldn't you expect angelic messengers again?
Sunni's and Shiite's have the same dispute.

While I do not agree that Joseph should have been killed for it, but do you agree with his agenda of making America a theocracy?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Father of "ToE"? Is that how you justify your stupidity?
You go ahead and read "The origin of species" and tell me how many times the big bang is referenced. Then, actually learn something about science and figure out that the theory of evolution is over TWICE as old as the big bang is. Idiot.
<quoted text>
That is NOT what the theory says. Idiot.
<quoted text>
Which is totally different from intelligent design, right? Right?
Idiot.
And, again, evolution has nothing to do with abiogenesis.
<quoted text>
First, define species. Second, explain how you differentiate species of bacteria. Apply this to all further arguments.
Also, it has never been observed in the natural world or lab that intelligent design has brought about a new species.
<quoted text>
After thousands of generations of bacteria grown guess what?... For all the mutations not one shred of evidence for intelligent design... Ever...
Apply the same to evidence for an intelligent designer, a being which your "theory" rests entirely upon.
And all this "faith" and "religion" bullsh!t:
Come on. I know you want to feel like you're right. I know you want to lend more credence to your beliefs that what the descriptor "faith" implies. But you don't get to call unbiased evidence based scientific theories "faith" and "religion" just because your beliefs are. You're screaming and clawing in an attempt to put scientific theories down on the same shelf. Sorry. Not gonna happen. You'll just continue to be a self-defeating moron.
I recommend reading a science book or a non-propaganda website for once in your life. If you do so with an open mind and NO assumptions concerning anything going into it, you are likely to walk away a better person. I honestly don't think you're capable, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway so that you can improve yourself if you so choose.

Monkey unmensch is a toe-head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. Have you not watched any news lately McFly? Several states have gay marriage ... So what's stopping them?... And what you do or let others do with your anal cavity... Well... That's on you... I don't wanta know... But hey have fun!!
Several states do. Most do not. Soon all will.

But as it stands if I marry a dude in some state with marriage equality my marriage will not be recognized if I move to Kentucky.

You call that equal?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Which splinter group are you talking about? The dispute over plural marriage was not the reason for the first divide in views. Emma Smith thought that Joseph Smith III should have been the next prophet after Joseph's martyr. This started the RLDS church (Called Community of Christ now after they ran out of money and had to denounce the BOM to receive financial help from other churches)
Are you speaking of some other splinter group that happened after 1890 like the FLDS church?
We believe the church has been restored from what Christ set up. Angelic visitations were common in the scriptures. If the church is restored, wouldn't you expect angelic messengers again?
I don't remember the names. It was due to the 1886 thing. John Taylor? That split.

Anyway, no I would not expect angelic messengers because there is no such thing. You got some DNA from one?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If my religious beliefs,meaning ,I believe in God and Jesus Christ as my saviour, demean science,I could care less.
Science is not my God and my Faith is not based on misguided Scientific theories and opinions..
If Atheists are offended by my beliefs,that is their problem.
If you ,are expecting an "I'm sorry you feel that way" or an apology,you will get neither.
I neither apologize nor am I sorry for my beliefs
I am honored that God has adopted me and that Christ is my saviour.
Note, I oppose your beliefs when they demean science. If you wish to believe in god or Jesus I have no large dispute, except when it interferes with what our society does.
The way you speak of science interferes with what our society does, thus I have a dispute.

Science is not my god either. I believe in ZERO gods. Science is but a tool for understanding and learning, never to be worshiped.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I approve this message.
We could probably help the divorce rate if we outlaw all marriage. Problem solved.
I can't say that is a bad idea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa there....
Not EVEN remotely. You generally seem to make sense when you post, but you must have turned off your brain on this one.
Pedophelia is a sexual attraction to an undeveloped child. As in pre-pubescence. There is essentially no such thing as a pre-pubescent 16 year old. This is almost certainly not some sick inappropriate physical attraction, and you should not be insulting and jump so such conclusions.
A sexual attraction to a fully developed 16 year old female is NOT remotely pedophelia. The arbitrary 18 year limit is completely wrong in many cases. The only reason one should be prevented from having a relationship when there is a small age gap like <3 years is if there is a significant gap in mental development which could cause the younger party to be taken advantage of, which is again not likely. I mean, yeah, it's pretty sick when a 50 year old man goes after a 17 year old girl, but that's entirely for reasons other than pedophelia.
Agreed.

I remember seeing a story about a guy whose girlfriend was under 18 (16 or 17) and he was 19. Her dad brought him up on statutory rape charges and he was a convicted sex offender for a bunch of years. Even though the two got married and are still married decades later.

I am 100% behind laws that protect kids. If you are a kid, you cannot make important decisions about sex, motherhood, marriage or any of that stuff. But when it comes to criminalizing teen sex that is another story altogether. And to refer to teens having sex as "pedophilia" is batsh*t crazy to say the least.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What benefits don't a couple get with a civil union, that married folk get?
Tax benefits, hospital visitation, insurance sharing, inheritance rights, custody rights.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You have 0 experience with this obviously. I spend 80% of my time off of work trying to make my wife happy (the other 20% I am making my kids happy). I do not rule over my wife in any way.
Can she hold the priesthood and be head of the household? Because if she were gone you could still raise the kids. So the only special privileged you give her is actually given by nature itself. Yet you hold a wizard status with magic powers that she cannot have.

I'm not saying you treat her badly at all or that you aren't lorded over by her in every day life. Don't get me wrong. My point is that your religious tradition DOES treat women as inferior. Demonstrably true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

108 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,271
threesomes (May '11) 8 min She is the best 27
Stivers Center fixes 24 min get real 47
whats wrong with stephanie Mills from gregory l... 27 min na na 1
Step Chid after divorce 28 min Ex Wife 3
Maggie Mills is on meth really bad she has sore... 33 min out of towner 11
whats wrong with Shannon Fergerson? 37 min out of towner 1
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters