Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,981 - 100,000 of 128,962 Comments Last updated 50 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
I really DO have to work at that.
Good job and a gold star for the day! Practice makes perfect.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the positive aspects of the internet,sometimes good for actually enhancing knowledge, for those who wish to aptly do so.
Here it is !

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me. That's why they are called MYTHS! Because they are just that.
Precisely! Now you are getting it - and certain people call them Genesis, Creation, intelligent design, or (LOL!) "Truth."
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying you didn't know the words meaning, I'm saying you didn't know the correct spelling , refused to admit it , and refused to try and learn how to spell it.
Remind me again about your post on learning things on the web when one makes an effort to do so!
It was purposely misspelled (except for the "l" which WAS a typo)

So, sorry about your grasping at straws, self-indulgent errant assumption (or what ever it is), but yew were WRONG-Again.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job and a gold star for the day! Practice makes perfect.
Thank you ever so kindly.
Don't waste a perfectly good gold stawr on lil ol' moi though, yew can saves that kind of spawrkle spawrkle level for the children in need of such, as ah kinda out grew that kindergarten level stuff--MANY years ago.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Well if I were trying to make a statement of one pretending to have knowledge of something; I certainly would not intentionally misspell anything in that statement for fear of making myself look the fool

BUT different strokes for different folks

Cheers :)
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

you cotton headed ninny muffin, just admit I gotcha again!!

Cheers!:)
Man who wants more

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Ok ill admit I've had consensual sex with 4 ladies at the same time did not plan it it just happened. Was that wrong?
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Man who wants more wrote:
Ok ill admit I've had consensual sex with 4 ladies at the same time did not plan it it just happened. Was that wrong?
And then you woke up!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely! Now you are getting it - and certain people call them Genesis, Creation, intelligent design, or (LOL!) "Truth."
We were speaking of shamans and witch doctors. They were real, yet powerless in reality. The same God gave life to all those shamans and witch doctors as he did to us. Some just do it wrong.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Man who wants more wrote:
Other than logistics...no.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>We were speaking of shamans and witch doctors. They were real, yet powerless in reality. The same God gave life to all those shamans and witch doctors as he did to us. Some just do it wrong.
Exactly. Priest, preacher, prophet, shaman, witch doctor, cosmic muffins, hairy thunderers, creators. You get it - mythologies.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in favor of birth control that purposely destroyes the fertilized egg. So if these methods can perform this act, I'm not in favor.
OK, so since pretty much everything that doesn't physically stop the sperm has a chance of this, I guess that you don't support any birth control method other than condom/sponge/diaphragm and the like. Wouldn't you agree that it would be better to condone the other forms of birth control rather than only relying on methods with much higher rates of failure, therefore increasing the incidence of later term abortions?
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The other scenario still sounds backwards to me. If you compare sex to driving:
Driving is to car crash, as sex is to abortion, does not equate.
In a car crash, either the car or people, or both are injured.
In an unwanted pregnancy (I'm assuming you mean as the accident), no one is injured (at least not yet). They are inconvenienced, but not needing "help" to save their life. They just don't want to be pregnant, so the abortion would be to end the life of the thing that will inconvenience them in the future. I don't think this is the same thing.
Quit trying to make the car crash life threatening and quit severely devaluing the impact to a young female if you want to see my point. I'm not condoning either side, I just think that many religious people don't look at the human cost of forcing a naive child (who probably can't even support themselves) to carry a pregnancy to full term. I just don't think that anyone automatically placing the "needs" of a completely unaware and unthinking single digit celled zygote above the needs of a fully aware, fully thinking, and likely devastated human being is really being objective in any way.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't accept the anthropological origins of religion, you are probably too steeped in "modern" religion to be objective. Not my fault.
Can-Am, Caravan, Segway - all modes of conveying a human body to where it wants to go. Sociologically, there in no difference between a priest and a witch doctor. Both perform the EXACT same function. Conveying a human "spirit" to where they want to go.
As an outsider, maybe you see it that way. To me, you sound just like the religious people that you complain about trying to explain science.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Well if I were trying to make a statement of one pretending to have knowledge of something; I certainly would not intentionally misspell anything in that statement for fear of making myself look the fool
BUT different strokes for different folks
Cheers :)
Some of us don't have to pretend, therefore, we don't have to run around worrying about it.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As an outsider, maybe you see it that way. To me, you sound just like the religious people that you complain about trying to explain science.
Of course. I'm sorry, I'm sure it isn't your fault.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If a religious person explains science in a rational manner, there isn't any issue. It's when they get it bass ackward because they 1) are manipulative 2) have been manipulated or 3) just palin (LOL! accidentally appropriate typo, there) don't know what they are talking about that the issues become heated.
I don't care about your "priesthood." You can investigate the anthropological origins of religion for yourself, as you dare. I've found that the topic is somewhat interesting and relevant to the thread, since it is also closely related to the origins of the arts.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If a religious person explains science in a rational manner, there isn't any issue. It's when they get it bass ackward because they 1) are manipulative 2) have been manipulated or 3) just palin (LOL! accidentally appropriate typo, there) don't know what they are talking about that the issues become heated.
I don't care about your "priesthood." You can investigate the anthropological origins of religion for yourself, as you dare. I've found that the topic is somewhat interesting and relevant to the thread, since it is also closely related to the origins of the arts.
Good Post. Well said

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Priest, preacher, prophet, shaman, witch doctor, cosmic muffins, hairy thunderers, creators. You get it - mythologies.
I never have felt the presence of a shaman in my life. I do the Living God. Yes I do get it. Smart enough to know what's real and what isn't. I guess it's your word against mine. I'd like to ask you something. If we all initially came from some big bang, why are we like snowflakes. Shouldn't we all all have the same DNA/genetic make up? But..you cannot answer this because in all honesty no one knows what really happened. That is a fact. No human on earth can go back whether billions (as some claim) or thousands of years (as others claim) and tell the story beginning to end. That info does not exist. Studies and findings yes, theories yes. All the story?..no. Still searching for a way to prove their theory and will still be at it when they come face to face with the truth. It would take one who was there in the beginning to tell it all. Right? I know Him. And that's what I believe...Nite.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so since pretty much everything that doesn't physically stop the sperm has a chance of this, I guess that you don't support any birth control method other than condom/sponge/diaphragm and the like. Wouldn't you agree that it would be better to condone the other forms of birth control rather than only relying on methods with much higher rates of failure, therefore increasing the incidence of later term abortions?
<quoted text>
Quit trying to make the car crash life threatening and quit severely devaluing the impact to a young female if you want to see my point. I'm not condoning either side, I just think that many religious people don't look at the human cost of forcing a naive child (who probably can't even support themselves) to carry a pregnancy to full term. I just don't think that anyone automatically placing the "needs" of a completely unaware and unthinking single digit celled zygote above the needs of a fully aware, fully thinking, and likely devastated human being is really being objective in any way.
Precisely. Every time I get into this abortion discussion and I bring up kids having kids people seem to be unwilling to discuss it in those terms. They want to focus on 30-yo women having 8th month abortions...which is *incredibly rare*. But 13-yo girls getting pregnant is not so rare. And steering such a child toward having the baby is irresponsible of adults and it completely ignores the suffering of the child.

I understand the religious position, but it is based on magic and superstition. It requires you to think that when sperm hits egg God shoots a soul into it from Heaven...which is silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min The Apostle 147,018
john sowders 14 min not surprised 3
1 Blessing From God 18 min Stephen Levi 12
New club in Barbourville? 50 min hollar crawler 5
sweet candy corn 52 min seller 1
People on social media showing off their perfec... (Jan '14) 1 hr AKu 23
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Ten Four 4
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters