Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148347 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#104780 May 26, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just being stupid at this point. Pedophiles find undeveloped children attractive. NOT fully developed girls who happen to not be adults by our arbitrary legal definition.
Two, or three years ago... GA. raised their age of consent from 14 to 16... Not 15... Hmmm?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104781 May 26, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution, the evolving process of intelligent design. Or vise verse...kinda like that chicken and egg thing.
And now for a "Moment of bandwidth hogging Zen"
http://www.livescience.com/16582-cyclops-shar...
Eeeeeeek!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104782 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick one to start with ... Anything you want...
Ok, we'll start from the top. I didn't want you to worry about missing anything, so I saved my questions/requests from your initial response so we can go through them one at a time. See how helpful I am?

1: Explain what cause and effect you are referring to. Specifically the "scientific" evidence for cause and effect that points to ID and not Evolution.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104783 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's attempts to describe the creation of the Universe,Earth and life as we know it as a natural event is malicious and ill conceived and I am not buying into that nonsense.
Something can not be created from nothing,that is not a natural event. Nonliving and nonintelligent matter
can not somehow transform itself into living intelligent matter.That is not a natural event.
Those events have never been witnessed nor have they been duplicated in lab studies.
Those theories are based on pure speculation on supposed events that no one can confirm took place at some point in time.
Any evidence that would support God as the creator,is arbitrarily dismissed...
What Science would have us believe is that an unintelligent universe created itself.
Mankind and the other species on the planet also created themselves,brought themselves into existence ,engineered the most sophisticated machine on earth ,all done without any prior knowledge or experience of what they were doing...This all occurred by accident..
Now,we have to try and figure out how it is that we created ourselves,because we do not know how we managed to accomplish that miraculous feat.
We also understand human nature's desire to not want to know God.
Science's nonfindings in no way diminish God's power or his existence.
Those of us who believe and trust in God,do so with good reason and ample proof...God and Christ have proved themselves to us.
Not because we are special or priviliged, but,because we diligently sought him..
Therefore,knowing that God is real,I have no need or use for absurd theories or opinions based on unprovable events as proposed by Science and Evolution.
Great post!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104784 May 26, 2013
You all have a Great weekend!
God Bless our Troops, and
their families!
Amen!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104785 May 26, 2013
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>"marriage equality" opens the door for ALL other abominations!
But when that does happen, as you say it will...
My Bible said it first!
The Lord Will surely fallow, and ALL
Unrighteousness will be cleaned away!
AMEN!
The same slippery slope fallacy cried when they gave freedom to black folks, and allowed black folks to vote, and allowed mixed "race" marriages .... if you can't see the trend, that your fallacy is stupid, then you're an idiot.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104786 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>Let them have ALL of that... except Custody rights!
If they are "Unrighteous" there should be NO Children exposed to that life... EVER!
You just used your religion as an excuse to hate someone.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104787 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's attempts to describe the creation of the Universe,Earth and life as we know it as a natural event is malicious and ill conceived and I am not buying into that nonsense.
Something can not be created from nothing,that is not a natural event. Nonliving and nonintelligent matter
can not somehow transform itself into living intelligent matter.That is not a natural event.
Those events have never been witnessed nor have they been duplicated in lab studies.
Those theories are based on pure speculation on supposed events that no one can confirm took place at some point in time.
Any evidence that would support God as the creator,is arbitrarily dismissed...
What Science would have us believe is that an unintelligent universe created itself.
Mankind and the other species on the planet also created themselves,brought themselves into existence ,engineered the most sophisticated machine on earth ,all done without any prior knowledge or experience of what they were doing...This all occurred by accident..
Now,we have to try and figure out how it is that we created ourselves,because we do not know how we managed to accomplish that miraculous feat.
We also understand human nature's desire to not want to know God.
Science's nonfindings in no way diminish God's power or his existence.
Those of us who believe and trust in God,do so with good reason and ample proof...God and Christ have proved themselves to us.
Not because we are special or priviliged, but,because we diligently sought him..
Therefore,knowing that God is real,I have no need or use for absurd theories or opinions based on unprovable events as proposed by Science and Evolution.
Grow brain.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104788 May 26, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"asshat" Really???
Yes it would be different!
(1) you are male, she, Female!(NORMAL)
(2) That fifteen year old "Girl" Probably never, "NEVER"
knew a guy, probably heard the song "I kissed a girl, and I liked it!"
NOW... She "THINKS" she's gay, instead of "CONfused!
How blind of you not to see that!
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT AN OPTION!
Funny part is... you calling me a Bigot... Hahahaha!
Look in the Mirror!
Yes, you are a bigot. You literally have no idea about this girl's sexual identity. And what's more, it is not your business.

So you apply a double standard. A straight couple is ok, a gay couple is not ok.

In the dictionary under "bigot" is you.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104789 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>"marriage equality" opens the door for ALL other abominations!
But when that does happen, as you say it will...
My Bible said it first!
The Lord Will surely fallow, and ALL
Unrighteousness will be cleaned away!
AMEN!
The crazy is strong with this one.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104790 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If their Spouse is 16 and they are 19... Then they are a Pedophile ..Don't like it,,, don't care,,, If their spouse is 18 and they are 92 then they are not.... You can rationalize Child Rape all you wish to make yourself feel better for having a pedophile mindset all you wish but your neighbors should be aware of your proclivities for considering their children targets if they grow boobs at 12... You are here telling the world that as long as the child is developed to your lust level go for it... Facts are Facts... Sexual contact with a Child under 18 is Child Rape no matter how much you wish it wasn't...
Yes it is, and bless you for straightening THAT FACT out. IT affirms some hope for decency, in protecting the actually more innocent and vulnerable (as in under-developed minds), from sick, twisted and warped sub-humans!!
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104791 May 26, 2013
saywat wrote:
what a joke. Dont brain wash a bunch of little kids. lol
Some us here are doing our best trying to keep the perverted and depraved pedophiley inclined AWAY from them...sick scum that they are.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104792 May 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Turning 16, turning 19. Read before speaking please.
I'm surprised that you would consider arbitrary age limits of much consequence when we're talking about teens dating teens.
The term for a grown person being exclusively attracted to teens is ephebophilia, not pedophilia. I am a grown man and I've been married to my wife for more than 20 years, so I am neither.
The term for our dating period when we were teens is this:
Normal sexual behavior.
Anything under 18 is technically off limits to anything 18 and over, and the over 18 vrowd COULD be held liable.
Not a "bad" thing to teach-as it infers having to have some adult "responsibility" for ones own actions. Male OR female.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104793 May 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the word, Q.
It seems that you don't like having your intellect challenged.
Now, to the meat of what you posted here.
The 18 age limit is a necessary legal invention. We have to draw a line somewhere and 18 seems to be a good place to do it. At 18 people tend to be fully mature. I fully agree that this is a good age limit and it helps protect kids from predators.
But a 3-year gap between teens is not the stuff that sexual predation is made of. You are being pedantic. Do you honestly think that at age 19 I was some kind of sexual monster preying on kids?
Do you think the 18yo lesbian from the story I was responding to is a sexual predator because her girlfriend was not yet 18?
If so, can you be a bigger kook?
Where I grew up, and was schooled at, 18 was a KNOWN and accepted code of personal accountability, for both males and females.
Funny thing-we didn't have much issue with underage pregnancies either. Almost nil actually. One (1) in about 1200 over a three year span. There's always that one or two that just refuse to listen to common sense.(and no, that didn't work for them out in the big picture long run).
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104794 May 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You literally have no idea about this girl's sexual identity. And what's more, it is not your business.
Neither does the 15 year old girl either most likely.
Amazing what sloths try to stick their noses into these days under the guise of "libuhrulism", as if any of that type of thing is anyone else's businnes to start with.

People should let kids be kids again-encourage them to use and develop their brains to become future productive citizens,and rather than trying to steer them into acting like animals just born to hump.
Sick-in-the-head batards and batardettes.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#104795 May 26, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does the 15 year old girl either most likely.
Amazing what sloths try to stick their noses into these days under the guise of "libuhrulism", as if any of that type of thing is anyone else's businnes to start with.
People should let kids be kids again-encourage them to use and develop their brains to become future productive citizens,and rather than trying to steer them into acting like animals just born to hump.
Sick-in-the-head batards and batardettes.
Born to hump? You mean like "be fruitful and multiply," idjit?
The consensus in Frankfort (and many other state capitals) is that a 16 year old can marry with guardian permission, and back before the rise of Godless "libuhrulism" the consent laws were often set at far lower ages than they are now.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#104796 May 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow brain.
Woww,Thoughts like that one occur only during the times your brain is being taxed to the max...You musta been blow drying the hairs around your anal area when that one occured to ya...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#104797 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Woww,Thoughts like that one occur only during the times your brain is being taxed to the max...You musta been blow drying the hairs around your anal area when that one occured to ya...
Woww, indeed.
How nicely you word those pleasantries and sentiments on a Sunday morning. I'm sure you never fail to make your savior proud with your mindless apologist balderdash and foul interjections.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104798 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If their Spouse is 16 and they are 19... Then they are a Pedophile ..Don't like it,,, don't care,,, If their spouse is 18 and they are 92 then they are not.... You can rationalize Child Rape all you wish to make yourself feel better for having a pedophile mindset all you wish but your neighbors should be aware of your proclivities for considering their children targets if they grow boobs at 12... You are here telling the world that as long as the child is developed to your lust level go for it... Facts are Facts... Sexual contact with a Child under 18 is Child Rape no matter how much you wish it wasn't...
No, you're wrong and an idiot. Unlike you, I don't try to portray the realities of a situation differently just because I don't like it. YOU don't know the definition of pedophelia, even though I provided you plenty of information to allow you to stop looking like a willfully ignorant hilljack.

The definition of "pedophelia" is the same whether you're in a third world cesspool that allows arranged marriages, legally, at 12 years old or a first world ultra-conservative craphole where idiots think that one day younger than 18 is rape if the other person is one day older. Legality does NOT change the definition. Nor do you. Your opinions concerning meanings well defined terms are utterly irrelevant and I honestly wish you could understand what a stupid child you're being on this topic. Not becoming of a person of your advanced age.

I expect old "wise" people to read and learn before spouting like a teapot about things they obviously don't understand. I also DON'T expect old "wise" people to create 10 different offensive strawmen in order to portray me as something I'm clearly not. So, I guess you're just old.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104799 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
No you asked me what others thought.. Stereotype much?
They say a snake won't bite a righteous man but it would eat my ass up... Lol..
You group all christians in the same box and clearly do not understand anything about ID
Creationist and intelligent design are not totally the same but once again all you see is us vs. them... Look deeper...
So you do believe in evolution? Do you have a problem with evolution being taught in schools?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prayers Needed 1 hr PleasePray 1
Char partin 1 hr Lol 8
rodney at the jail (Jun '11) 1 hr Freakness 30
can someone tell me y it is so hard to get divo... 2 hr helper 6
Wet vote already DESTROYING Barbourville!!!! 2 hr Freakness 22
Bonita voted no 1 fastest post remover in ky 2 hr she male 1
Who owns the Barbourville Vendors Mall 2 hr BallGame 1
Teaching jobs 3 hr Mary 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance