Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151817 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#104765 May 25, 2013
Where God Resides and the Devil Hides:

A shocking Revelation of a Man to whom many does not exist.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104766 May 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are correct. I was simply being an irrational twat when I implied or directly stated that you both were pedophiles and I'm very sorry. I'm all better now, and I definitely wouldn't repeat the same incorrect and insulting garbage to cement my position as closed minded and ignorant.
is the kind of thing you would have said if you actually were a reasonable person that was willing to admit when they are wrong. But you didn't because you apparently aren't. You pretty much want to ignore reality and call somebody whose spouse is 3 years younger than them a pedophile (and apparently me, as well, since I defended them).

Well, sorry, but that's disgusting hypocrisy. Especially considering the age gap you're currently living with. Those people were both consenting, both physically mature, and within very few years of the same age. I really have no idea what your motive could be for saying this garbage. I guess, since you're immune to reason, I'll just assume that you're nuts, and that idiots like you are the reason that innocent kids go to jail and get labeled "sex offender" for simply being kids.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#104767 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
is the kind of thing you would have said if you actually were a reasonable person that was willing to admit when they are wrong. But you didn't because you apparently aren't. You pretty much want to ignore reality and call somebody whose spouse is 3 years younger than them a pedophile (and apparently me, as well, since I defended them).
Well, sorry, but that's disgusting hypocrisy. Especially considering the age gap you're currently living with. Those people were both consenting, both physically mature, and within very few years of the same age. I really have no idea what your motive could be for saying this garbage. I guess, since you're immune to reason, I'll just assume that you're nuts, and that idiots like you are the reason that innocent kids go to jail and get labeled "sex offender" for simply being kids.
If their Spouse is 16 and they are 19... Then they are a Pedophile ..Don't like it,,, don't care,,, If their spouse is 18 and they are 92 then they are not.... You can rationalize Child Rape all you wish to make yourself feel better for having a pedophile mindset all you wish but your neighbors should be aware of your proclivities for considering their children targets if they grow boobs at 12... You are here telling the world that as long as the child is developed to your lust level go for it... Facts are Facts... Sexual contact with a Child under 18 is Child Rape no matter how much you wish it wasn't...
saywat

Frankfort, KY

#104768 May 25, 2013
what a joke. Dont brain wash a bunch of little kids. lol

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104769 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
19 year old going after a 15 .... Pedophilia... I don't care if the Kid has 44dd's .... Sexual Contact of even non intercourse type will get you 5 to 10 years in state prison and a life long registration to the Sexual Predator lists....
Turning 16, turning 19. Read before speaking please.

I'm surprised that you would consider arbitrary age limits of much consequence when we're talking about teens dating teens.

The term for a grown person being exclusively attracted to teens is ephebophilia, not pedophilia. I am a grown man and I've been married to my wife for more than 20 years, so I am neither.

The term for our dating period when we were teens is this:

Normal sexual behavior.

Location hidden

#104770 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If their Spouse is 16 and they are 19... Then they are a Pedophile ..Don't like it,,, don't care,,, If their spouse is 18 and they are 92 then they are not.... You can rationalize Child Rape all you wish to make yourself feel better for having a pedophile mindset all you wish but your neighbors should be aware of your proclivities for considering their children targets if they grow boobs at 12... You are here telling the world that as long as the child is developed to your lust level go for it... Facts are Facts... Sexual contact with a Child under 18 is Child Rape no matter how much you wish it wasn't...
Look up the word, Q.

It seems that you don't like having your intellect challenged.

Now, to the meat of what you posted here.

The 18 age limit is a necessary legal invention. We have to draw a line somewhere and 18 seems to be a good place to do it. At 18 people tend to be fully mature. I fully agree that this is a good age limit and it helps protect kids from predators.

But a 3-year gap between teens is not the stuff that sexual predation is made of. You are being pedantic. Do you honestly think that at age 19 I was some kind of sexual monster preying on kids?

Do you think the 18yo lesbian from the story I was responding to is a sexual predator because her girlfriend was not yet 18?

If so, can you be a bigger kook?

Location hidden

#104771 May 26, 2013
Wow. I thought we were discussing the Bible, not my social life from 20+ years ago.

Hey maybe I'm like Joseph Smith. He married Fanny Alger when she was 16 and he was 28!

Nah. That really is kinda creepy, at least by 20th century standards.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104772 May 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey asshat, when I started dating my wife she was about to turn 16 and I was about to turn 19.
You got something to say about that? If I was gay would it be any different?
You bigots absolutely kill me. And then have the nerve to talk about morals.
"asshat" Really???
Yes it would be different!
(1) you are male, she, Female!(NORMAL)
(2) That fifteen year old "Girl" Probably never, "NEVER"
knew a guy, probably heard the song "I kissed a girl, and I liked it!"
NOW... She "THINKS" she's gay, instead of "CONfused!
How blind of you not to see that!
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT AN OPTION!
Funny part is... you calling me a Bigot... Hahahaha!
Look in the Mirror!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104773 May 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called a Pedophile ....
Hahaha!
I'd hate to see what's on his computer... LOL
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104774 May 26, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa there....
Not EVEN remotely. You generally seem to make sense when you post, but you must have turned off your brain on this one.
Pedophelia is a sexual attraction to an undeveloped child. As in pre-pubescence. There is essentially no such thing as a pre-pubescent 16 year old. This is almost certainly not some sick inappropriate physical attraction, and you should not be insulting and jump so such conclusions.
A sexual attraction to a fully developed 16 year old female is NOT remotely pedophelia. The arbitrary 18 year limit is completely wrong in many cases. The only reason one should be prevented from having a relationship when there is a small age gap like <3 years is if there is a significant gap in mental development which could cause the younger party to be taken advantage of, which is again not likely. I mean, yeah, it's pretty sick when a 50 year old man goes after a 17 year old girl, but that's entirely for reasons other than pedophelia.
"This is almost certainly not some sick inappropriate physical attraction"
You mean like a man with a man/boy/dog.... a girl with the same?
Unrighteousness is Wrong!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104775 May 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You have 0 experience with this obviously. I spend 80% of my time off of work trying to make my wife happy (the other 20% I am making my kids happy). I do not rule over my wife in any way.
Great post!
That's why we call us "FAMILY"...
Not Slaves, and Masters!
Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#104776 May 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Several states do. Most do not. Soon all will.
But as it stands if I marry a dude in some state with marriage equality my marriage will not be recognized if I move to Kentucky.
You call that equal?
"marriage equality" opens the door for ALL other abominations!
But when that does happen, as you say it will...
My Bible said it first!
The Lord Will surely fallow, and ALL
Unrighteousness will be cleaned away!
AMEN!
Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#104777 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Tax benefits, hospital visitation, insurance sharing, inheritance rights, custody rights.
Let them have ALL of that... except Custody rights!
If they are "Unrighteous" there should be NO Children exposed to that life... EVER!
Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#104778 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point... I don't care!!!! Just leave those who don't want it in their lives alone?... What's so hard about that?
NOT even on the TV!
Seen the soap operas lately? Geesh!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#104779 May 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Note, I oppose your beliefs when they demean science. If you wish to believe in god or Jesus I have no large dispute, except when it interferes with what our society does.
The way you speak of science interferes with what our society does, thus I have a dispute.
Science is not my god either. I believe in ZERO gods. Science is but a tool for understanding and learning, never to be worshiped.
Science's attempts to describe the creation of the Universe,Earth and life as we know it as a natural event is malicious and ill conceived and I am not buying into that nonsense.
Something can not be created from nothing,that is not a natural event. Nonliving and nonintelligent matter
can not somehow transform itself into living intelligent matter.That is not a natural event.
Those events have never been witnessed nor have they been duplicated in lab studies.
Those theories are based on pure speculation on supposed events that no one can confirm took place at some point in time.
Any evidence that would support God as the creator,is arbitrarily dismissed...
What Science would have us believe is that an unintelligent universe created itself.
Mankind and the other species on the planet also created themselves,brought themselves into existence ,engineered the most sophisticated machine on earth ,all done without any prior knowledge or experience of what they were doing...This all occurred by accident..
Now,we have to try and figure out how it is that we created ourselves,because we do not know how we managed to accomplish that miraculous feat.
We also understand human nature's desire to not want to know God.
Science's nonfindings in no way diminish God's power or his existence.
Those of us who believe and trust in God,do so with good reason and ample proof...God and Christ have proved themselves to us.
Not because we are special or priviliged, but,because we diligently sought him..
Therefore,knowing that God is real,I have no need or use for absurd theories or opinions based on unprovable events as proposed by Science and Evolution.
Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#104780 May 26, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just being stupid at this point. Pedophiles find undeveloped children attractive. NOT fully developed girls who happen to not be adults by our arbitrary legal definition.
Two, or three years ago... GA. raised their age of consent from 14 to 16... Not 15... Hmmm?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104781 May 26, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution, the evolving process of intelligent design. Or vise verse...kinda like that chicken and egg thing.
And now for a "Moment of bandwidth hogging Zen"
http://www.livescience.com/16582-cyclops-shar...
Eeeeeeek!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104782 May 26, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick one to start with ... Anything you want...
Ok, we'll start from the top. I didn't want you to worry about missing anything, so I saved my questions/requests from your initial response so we can go through them one at a time. See how helpful I am?

1: Explain what cause and effect you are referring to. Specifically the "scientific" evidence for cause and effect that points to ID and not Evolution.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104783 May 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's attempts to describe the creation of the Universe,Earth and life as we know it as a natural event is malicious and ill conceived and I am not buying into that nonsense.
Something can not be created from nothing,that is not a natural event. Nonliving and nonintelligent matter
can not somehow transform itself into living intelligent matter.That is not a natural event.
Those events have never been witnessed nor have they been duplicated in lab studies.
Those theories are based on pure speculation on supposed events that no one can confirm took place at some point in time.
Any evidence that would support God as the creator,is arbitrarily dismissed...
What Science would have us believe is that an unintelligent universe created itself.
Mankind and the other species on the planet also created themselves,brought themselves into existence ,engineered the most sophisticated machine on earth ,all done without any prior knowledge or experience of what they were doing...This all occurred by accident..
Now,we have to try and figure out how it is that we created ourselves,because we do not know how we managed to accomplish that miraculous feat.
We also understand human nature's desire to not want to know God.
Science's nonfindings in no way diminish God's power or his existence.
Those of us who believe and trust in God,do so with good reason and ample proof...God and Christ have proved themselves to us.
Not because we are special or priviliged, but,because we diligently sought him..
Therefore,knowing that God is real,I have no need or use for absurd theories or opinions based on unprovable events as proposed by Science and Evolution.
Great post!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104784 May 26, 2013
You all have a Great weekend!
God Bless our Troops, and
their families!
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where TC go 1 hr Kimberly 3
Ronnie Jackson 18 yrs old 1 hr shian 2
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 2 hr Pupinia 43
Where is Crystal Woolum 5 hr someone 2
Higher Property Taxes 6 hr taxpayer 17
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 6 hr Nolan 11
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 7 hr patient 2

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance