Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,406

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104672 May 25, 2013
Main way of Spreading Homosexuality...
Pervert the Children, and make them THINK it's
Natural, and Normal!

Kaitlyn Hunt, the 18-year-old Florida cheerleader facing felony charges for a sexual relationship she had with a younger girl, has refused to take a plea deal in the case, her lawyers said Friday.
Hunt now must go to court to face two charges of lewd and lascivious battery on a minor. If convicted, shefaces up to 15 years in prison and would haveto register as a sex offender.
Under the deal offered by a Florida state attorney, Hunt would have to submit to house arrest for two years. She also would be labeled as a convicted felon and be required to attend sex offender counseling.
"This is a situation of two teenagers who happen to be of the same sex involved in a relationship," according to a statement released by Hunt's attorneys, Julia Graves and Joseph Graves. "If this case involved a boy and girl, there would be no media attention to this case."
The statement went on to say that if Hunt's relationship had occurred "108 days earlier when she was 17, we wouldn’t even be here."
But the attorney representing the minor, who is now 15, said the case is strictly about the law.
"This is a violation of the law that's based upon an adult having sexual relations with a minor," Charles Sullivan told TODAY earlier this week. "Gender, sexual orientation of the parties has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecution."
WRONG IS WRONG!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104673 May 25, 2013
Just two weeks after New Zealand legalized homosexual "marriage," the government's Human Rights Tribunal is prosecuting an Anglican Bishop for "discriminating" against a homosexual who desires to become a priest.

These government prosecutions against churches, businesses and schools are a perfect example of what is to follow when a country legalizes same-sex "marriage."
Carla Hale, a homosexual P.E. teacher at a private Catholic school in Ohio was recently fired for what she claims is “discrimination.”

After she and her partner were featured in a local paper, a concerned parent contacted the private school.

And because school employees agree to adhere to the tenets of the Catholic Diocese, the school exercised their right to let Ms. Hale go.

Now the Homosexual Lobby has mobilized thousands of their radical activists to attack this school.

Hale’s attorney is filing a lawsuit alleging the firing violates the city's local version of the Gay Bill of Special Rights.

Notice... "Special Rights" NOT EQUAL Rights!
Queer agenda!
Parents of children attending a Red Hook, New York, middle school are outraged after a recent anti-bullying presentation at Linden Avenue Middle School.
The workshop for 13 and 14-year-old girls focused on homosexuality and gender identity. They were also taught words such as "pansexual" and "genderqueer."
Parents say their daughters were told to ask one another for a kiss and they say two girls were told to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.
"She told me,'Mom we all get teased and picked on enough. Now I'm going to be called a lesbian because I had to ask another girl if I could kiss her,'" parent, Mandy Coon, told reporters.
Coon says parents were given no warning about the presentation and there was no opportunity to opt-out. Both the school principal and the district superintendent are defending the workshops and advising they will schedule more.
Wrong is Wrong!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104674 May 25, 2013
Man who wants more wrote:
Ok ill admit I've had consensual sex with 4 ladies at the same time did not plan it it just happened. Was that wrong?
Yes....
Repent, and Sin no more!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104675 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let these bozos tell you the science is on their side... Not by a long shot!!! They can prove nothing.. In fact ToE (theory of evolution) has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese... It's the desperate hope of agenda pushing lefties... Science in fact points to an intelligent design... It's the 900 pound gorilla in the room that the evolutionist doesn't want to face....
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104676 May 25, 2013
God Bless our Troops!
Have a Great weekend!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104677 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'm getting asked a lot of things and trying to respond to all makes it look like I'm monopolizing the thread, which is not intentional....
That's due to the fact that you're one of the few on your side of the fence (at least in this forum) who is capable of arguing your position in a civil and respectful manner. I may disagree with just about every view you hold, but I respect the fact that you defend your position without resorting to the ridiculous shenanigans that some on here gleefully display.
defender

United States

#104678 May 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
What does that have to do with evolution, you redirecting nutjob? I'm not going to entertain your strawman bullsh!t, stick to the topic at hand.

Evolution is as much demonstrable fact as gravity. There is NO argument. Does that mean that we don't have observed gravitational anomalies that take further research to explain? No. Does that mean that we don't have small portions of evolution that are unknown to us and may take further research to explain? No.

Evolution is like a 5000 piece puzzle with 2-3 pieces missing. Intelligent design is like taking the same 5000 piece puzzle, tossing all of the pieces in the trash, and throwing the Bible down in their place while saying "Yep, solved that one!". You're throwing out everything that's been observed, tested, and makes sense while inserting something that is baseless, untestable, and unnecessary.
Do some research and stop believing everything you hear.... Evolution is as demonstrable as gravity? Lol...
Perhaps you could demonstrate just one example then huh?...

Location hidden

#104679 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... Cause and Effect, Entropy, Dependency, Irreducible Complexity, Endogenous Retrovirus study, DNA decay rate study and lack of intermediates in the fossil record... How's that?
I know this is pointless but...
Explain what cause and effect you are referring to.

Explain how Entropy points to ID.(here's a hint: it doesn't)

Explain what dependency you are referring to.

Give an example of Irreducible Complexity that hasn't been proven false.(here's a hint: there aren't any).

Explain how ERVs point (conclusively, not speculatively) to ID.

Explain how the DNA decay rate study you are referring to discredits evolution.

And finally, my favorite, explain how missing pieces of the fossil record serve as scientific evidence for ID.

Location hidden

#104680 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research and stop believing everything you hear.... Evolution is as demonstrable as gravity? Lol...
http://listverse.com/2011/11/19/8-examples-of...
defender

United States

#104681 May 25, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>In the dictionary under "homophobe" you might find a snapshot of yourself.

What gays want is to be treated like anyone else. What you want is for them to sit down, shut up, and not be gay.

See the conflict?

I bet you even believe it is a choice, right? That gay men woke up one morning and said hmmmm....I think I'll go be gay today.
I don't care who's gay... I say live and let live... Most of us are around gay people all the time and they are getting all their rights now... However I for one refuse to cower and pretend that I think it's ok... I don't... It's disgusting... But if that's what they wish to do then great.. You call me a bigot then fine I accept that but at least I'm smart enough to know what the human anal cavity was designed for... And it wasn't reproduction...
wicked

Anonymous Proxy

#104682 May 25, 2013
wicked

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104683 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
When you speak of anthropolicial origin of religion, it certainly has to do with Atheism. Simple search and this comes up:
"Modern anthropology assumes that religion is in complete continuity with magical thinking,[1] that it is a cultural product,[4] and that is a phenomenon of psychological projection. The complete continuity between magic and religion has been a postulate of modern anthropology at least since early 1930s.[1][5] The perspective of modern anthropology towards religion is the projection idea, a methodological approach which assumes that every religion is created by the human community that worships it, that "creative activity ascribed to God is projected from man."
This certainly describes how atheists feel about religion.
Act like ya got some smarts. The chariot was not invented before the wheel. The Bible alleges that humans were created fully formed and with all the skills of communication in an eyeblink. Anthropology does not assume magical origins of civilization.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#104684 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care who's gay... I say live and let live... Most of us are around gay people all the time and they are getting all their rights now... However I for one refuse to cower and pretend that I think it's ok... I don't... It's disgusting... But if that's what they wish to do then great.. You call me a bigot then fine I accept that but at least I'm smart enough to know what the human anal cavity was designed for... And it wasn't reproduction...
it was for your head.
defender

United States

#104685 May 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>I know this is pointless but...
Explain what cause and effect you are referring to.

Explain how Entropy points to ID.(here's a hint: it doesn't)

Explain what dependency you are referring to.

Give an example of Irreducible Complexity that hasn't been proven false.(here's a hint: there aren't any).

Explain how ERVs point (conclusively, not speculatively) to ID.

Explain how the DNA decay rate study you are referring to discredits evolution.

And finally, my favorite, explain how missing pieces of the fossil record serve as scientific evidence for ID.
Good grief man!! How about I just start walking you through your ABC's while I'm at it.... If you're going to debate a subject at least know something about it... And thus the problem with ToE: So many people just assume what they hear is true and never check it out themselves then turn and call others ignorant. This point is proven here as clearly you know nothing about even the basics of the argument... I urge you to dive in and do the research and see for yourself...
How is it so many can say that J.F.K and 911 were conspiracy theories yet just take the word of any Jake-legged grant seeking professor?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104686 May 25, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Main way of Spreading Homosexuality...
Pervert the Children, and make them THINK it's
Natural, and Normal!
Kaitlyn Hunt, the 18-year-old Florida cheerleader facing felony charges for a sexual relationship she had with a younger girl, has refused to take a plea deal in the case, her lawyers said Friday.
Hunt now must go to court to face two charges of lewd and lascivious battery on a minor. If convicted, shefaces up to 15 years in prison and would haveto register as a sex offender.
Under the deal offered by a Florida state attorney, Hunt would have to submit to house arrest for two years. She also would be labeled as a convicted felon and be required to attend sex offender counseling.
"This is a situation of two teenagers who happen to be of the same sex involved in a relationship," according to a statement released by Hunt's attorneys, Julia Graves and Joseph Graves. "If this case involved a boy and girl, there would be no media attention to this case."
The statement went on to say that if Hunt's relationship had occurred "108 days earlier when she was 17, we wouldn’t even be here."
But the attorney representing the minor, who is now 15, said the case is strictly about the law.
"This is a violation of the law that's based upon an adult having sexual relations with a minor," Charles Sullivan told TODAY earlier this week. "Gender, sexual orientation of the parties has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecution."
WRONG IS WRONG!
Hey asshat, when I started dating my wife she was about to turn 16 and I was about to turn 19.

You got something to say about that? If I was gay would it be any different?

You bigots absolutely kill me. And then have the nerve to talk about morals.

Location hidden

#104688 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You don't care who's gay, but you think it is wrong and disgusting.

And no they don't have the same rights. For one thing, they can't marry the one they love. You can. I can. They cannot. Does that sound like they have the same rights?

Seems like you are wrong about this.

Also, who ever said the anus was used for reproduction? Do you engage in sex *only* for reproduction? If not, you are being a hypocrite in making that argument.

I think you are in way over your head here. It could be true what the other poster said about where you head goes...

Location hidden

#104689 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief man!! How about I just start walking you through your ABC's while I'm at it.... If you're going to debate a subject at least know something about it... And thus the problem with ToE: So many people just assume what they hear is true and never check it out themselves then turn and call others ignorant. This point is proven here as clearly you know nothing about even the basics of the argument... I urge you to dive in and do the research and see for yourself...
How is it so many can say that J.F.K and 911 were conspiracy theories yet just take the word of any Jake-legged grant seeking professor?
You just evaded every single question on the topic and then accused the other guy of not knowing anything?

Sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104690 May 25, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I can safely say that I know more on every subject than you, with the possible exception of "how to be a stupid hypocrite". I don't think I could come close to matching you there.

I, unlike you monkeys, don't "believe everything I hear". The simple fact is that ANY number of highly intelligent people could have used available evidence to come up with the theory of evolution. Same for gravity. And NO person could ever use available evidence to come up with the bullsh!t fairly tale of intelligent design. It is not based on evidence, requires the existence of things that don't exist, and is laughed at by all scientists.

The ONLY way that one could come up with such garbage is by reading a religious text and doing a few mental cartwheels, and the only way YOU came to believe in it is because you're so stupid that you blindly follow people that do such things because you WANT it to be true. There's nothing about evolution or lack of God that I WANT to be true, believe me... it's simply fact and I have no control over it. I understand, unlike you, that saying something loudly does not make it exist. The only thing that would accomplish is to make me waste my finite time being wrong and lying to people. You may be fine with that, but I am not. I want to be right and I care about truth.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know you are but what am I" won't work for you here, because this isn't middle school and you're actually demonstrably stupid (unlike your opponents) and ARE actually buying into things that people tell you to (unlike your opponents). Being in the vocal minority in science does not make you enlightened, FYI. It almost always means that you don't understand as well as the smart people, you are biased, and you think that loudness is equal to rightness.

Read this and understand:
EVERY hole you think can be poked in the theory of evolution has a premise that can be flipped and applied to intelligent design at multiple points. Try to poke all the holes you want, as you'll defeat yourself and evolution will still have cold, hard evidence. Also, I never said that evolution, or any other scientific theory, is perfect/without flaws/complete. We have much to learn on almost every subject one can think of. But a screen door is far more solid than the imaginary nothingness you espouse to.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104691 May 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the father to son ordinance, but also the obvious parts where He says the sons of Moses, and sons of Abraham.
Do you not acknowledge the differences between men and women as a whole? Men are better at some things, and women are better at other things. This is by design. It isn't bigotry, just pay attention to the obvious differences that exist even today. We aren't talking about equal rights in the workforce or political world. We are talking about several different things that you are trying to lump into one.
If you want to talk about ancient times, there are several different cultures that used a bride payment type arrangement. In most cases, the batchelor was offering a price for his bride because he was taking a helper out of the father's house. One less had to help with all the manual chores that needed to be done for survival. So he paid in sheep or crops or whatever to compensate. In some cultures it was a social status thing. How many cows is my wife worth? etc. It wasn't necessarily that they were treated like property.
Is this the path you want to talk about now? Or today?
Today, in my church, callings hold no status. We've disagreed about this before. The calling of a prophet means his scope is bigger and he receives revelation for the whole church. The Bishop receives revelation for his local church members and how it should be run. It isn't a big deal though because tomorrow he could be called as the newsletter maker and someone else could be called as Bishop. No one would blink about this decision.
Women hold presidency callings within the church as well. Welfare commitees, Relief Society (largest women's society in the country), Young Women's program, Primary. The priesthood has a different purpose that has nothing to do with status in the church. Men and women are equally important in furthering the work of God and in the family. Poll female LDS members and the overwhelming majority will not feel inferior to men in the church. Of course there are outliers, but that is the case in almost every situation imaginable.
Why are you so intent on deeming me a bigot?
I deem you a bigot because you fit the criteria. Should I invent a new word to save your feelings?
The reason you cite for men only in the priesthood is exactly why Brigham said their can be no blacks in the priesthood. He felt they were not descendants of the white leaders of your religion, thus they were not father-son passed down the status of the priesthood.

You described the priesthood and I could not find any criteria a woman could not handle other than being a son.
If a man can actually get revelations worthy of having the church trust their claims, why can't women?

Can men be on the welfare committee?

So sad you cannot understand human property concepts. Think of how slaves were traded. They were workers/helpers, just as you describe the women. I really see zero difference. Can you show a difference?

Yes, many cultures of ancient times had the same traditions of your religion. It is as if no god was needed to make these traditions, yet your bible sure acts as if they are the rules of god.

Now, how many of my points are you going to ignore?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#104692 May 25, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey asshat, when I started dating my wife she was about to turn 16 and I was about to turn 19.
You got something to say about that? If I was gay would it be any different?
You bigots absolutely kill me. And then have the nerve to talk about morals.
That's called a Pedophile ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 20 min Just waiting 77
Smith political signs being destroyed 31 min Ummm 1
Gray Kentucky 47 min Get smart 1
Indictments 57 min Medical personnel 87
El Mariachi Restaurant 1 hr Operation 6
Tax Petition 1 hr Cleanitup 21
what happened to the jail tracker topic (Mar '14) 1 hr Curiouswonderer 15
Mike Warren embezzled money? 2 hr Captain Obvious 19
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 2 hr Kyle the joke 31
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 12 hr Samuel Adams 73