Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,997)

Showing posts 99,921 - 99,940 of128,570
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wagerme

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, "A closed mouth gathers no foot."
last time i came here i thought that that picture looked like an alien.. now i come back and it still looks lik a grey alien with dreadlocks.. inside of a coin..

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

wagerme wrote:
<quoted text>
last time i came here i thought that that picture looked like an alien.. now i come back and it still looks lik a grey alien with dreadlocks.. inside of a coin..
perhaps this will clear it up.

http://www.retronaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
she will still come back and argue my position..:) I feel it in my big toe, I think proven science falls in that post you typed about the ankle showing females. lol
I've never been overly fond of chauvinists, and she fits the true definition as well as any and better than many.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

that one is his self portrait

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are pushing the cart with your horse... Poverty leads to more pregnancies... I doubt that more homicides leads to less poverty....
It is a cycle. Surely you understand this, being an intelligent person.

Anecdote: I know a girl whose mother got pregnant and married at 14. The daughter is now 13 and pregnant. Given their latent religiosity, abortion isn't even an option for her. She isn't getting married either. Statistically speaking, she is likely to be a dropout and have several more kids before she's 19.

I consider that to be a form of abuse. She should have been *encouraged* to abort the pregnancy and focus on school. When she's an adult she can crank out as many kids as she wants. But while she's under age and unable to make important life decisions the adults around her should have stepped up and did the right thing.

Now the cycle continues.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Mike. No need for insult on an opinion forum.
Marriage began within religion. Why would someone even care about marriage if they don't believe in any form of religion? Civil unions are just fine with me for gays. They should receive the same benefits as marriage. The word marriage matters to religious people because it carries the belief that God is a part of the union. Civil union carries all the same rights in the rest of the world, but it isn't recognized by God. Since you don't believe in God, why would you care if He recognized it or not?
No, I would not wish women be kept from high ranking jobs. I have no problem with female CEO's or politicians (except Hillary haha. Is she female?). I would vote for a woman for president if her views and intentions were acceptable. Please don't speak for me.
If you want to learn about the leader of my church, google him. Thomas S Monson
Got evidence of your claims about marriage or is this just what the bible told you?
Marriage is a union. You are worried about the name because it is associated with your superstition of god.
Here in NC civil unions were outlawed. Why? Likely because it was on the same vote as gay marriage. So now the homosexuals do not even get that privilege.
It does not hurt you or your marriage if homosexuals marry. But you deny them this anyway. It is selfish. Immoral in my opinion and detrimental to society.
Just another reason I will continue to vocally oppose your religion.
And just what are you so offended about?
I really do not care about the leader of your church. Is he relevant to this conversation?
All I need to know is that he is a he, and not allowed to be a she. This is discrimination. Sadly, discrimination allowed legally due to the hands off government has with religion.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the exact opposite-of promoting "loose morals"...alll over the USA. Which is actually even more irresponsible if you actually THINK about it.
Promoting the opposite of loose morals is irresponsible? If you say so...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Mike. No need for insult on an opinion forum.
Marriage began within religion. Why would someone even care about marriage if they don't believe in any form of religion? Civil unions are just fine with me for gays. They should receive the same benefits as marriage. The word marriage matters to religious people because it carries the belief that God is a part of the union. Civil union carries all the same rights in the rest of the world, but it isn't recognized by God. Since you don't believe in God, why would you care if He recognized it or not?
No, I would not wish women be kept from high ranking jobs. I have no problem with female CEO's or politicians (except Hillary haha. Is she female?). I would vote for a woman for president if her views and intentions were acceptable. Please don't speak for me.
If you want to learn about the leader of my church, google him. Thomas S Monson
Really curious about what insulted you so much on this post?

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you wish to withhold marriage to homosexuals due to your superstition and yet cannot understand why we oppose your religion?
America is not a theocracy. We should not be making law due to your superstitions.
Would you not be just as upset as I if Muslims became a majority in America and they made superstitious laws (Sharia law)?
I am sure your church would love it if women could be kept from high ranking jobs also.
We get it, you and your church are bigots. And you wonder why so many look at your church as if it were a cult?
Show us your church is a leader in morality then we can talk about it following an actual god.
Withholding rights and privileges due to race, sex, or sexual persuasion is not moral. Your church has done all three and is still doing two of them.
You and your church learned nothing from its racism debacle.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Face palm
Churches teach abstinence until marriage. This is the number one, absolute, 100% method to prevent an abortion.
It is not their place to teach how to use contraceptives any more than it is their place to teach sexual positions.
It isn't their place to teach gun safety tips to avoid accidental deaths.
It isn't their job to teach drivers education to prevent car accidents.
It isn't their job to teach chemical reactions to avoid accidental science fair mishaps at home.
It isn't their job to teach how to paint to prevent accidental falling off ladders.
I hope you get the point.
You cannot expect me to take you seriously if you think Church holds the responsibility to teach these things. They teach the gospel of Jesus Christ (at least mine does, the one you are currently attacking)
I here your church complaining about abortions, not gun accidents and the others you listed. Thus, this list is irrelevant to my point.
How is fighting gay marriage a job of the church? This is relevant.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Face palm
Churches teach abstinence until marriage. This is the number one, absolute, 100% method to prevent an abortion.
It is not their place to teach how to use contraceptives any more than it is their place to teach sexual positions.
It isn't their place to teach gun safety tips to avoid accidental deaths.
It isn't their job to teach drivers education to prevent car accidents.
It isn't their job to teach chemical reactions to avoid accidental science fair mishaps at home.
It isn't their job to teach how to paint to prevent accidental falling off ladders.
I hope you get the point.
You cannot expect me to take you seriously if you think Church holds the responsibility to teach these things. They teach the gospel of Jesus Christ (at least mine does, the one you are currently attacking)
Abstinence teaching is far from one hundred percent effective. Again you deny the reality of the situation.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Yes Abraham's Quote: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt is what I said someone typed here but I didn't know who.
One of the positive aspects of the internet,sometimes good for actually enhancing knowledge, for those who wish to aptly do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different, completely. There was no revelation given that blacks should not hold the priesthood. We already talked about this. This was Brigham's opinion and no one questioned it when they should have. Males as the only holders of the priesthood was a direct revelation from Jesus Christ. This is what makes the situations different. Once Jesus Christ speaks, the church obeys.
No I'm not offended.
Did I run from anything?
Brigham was the churches glorious infallible leader and no one questioned his bigoted ideas for over one hundred years.
Now you are afraid to question the bigoted ideas about sex and the priesthood.
You have demonstrated no difference between the two situations.
Yes, we talked about it, now tell me what variable is different?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and glad you found the website helpful and resourceful!!
I accept your apology.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different, completely. There was no revelation given that blacks should not hold the priesthood. We already talked about this. This was Brigham's opinion and no one questioned it when they should have. Males as the only holders of the priesthood was a direct revelation from Jesus Christ. This is what makes the situations different. Once Jesus Christ speaks, the church obeys.
No I'm not offended.
Did I run from anything?
In what scripture does Jesus make this bigoted revelation?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is entirely your opinion.
I believe the Church teaches salvation which lasts for eternity. To me there is nothing that helps me more than leading me back to live with my Father in Heaven.
Its all about you, isn't it?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a she-male too huh!
squinting eyes & shakin head saying burrr
Nope, ah don't care much for man made air conditioning, ah find it detracts from the H quality that gives the 0 it's base 8's in the molecular composition of 02.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not changing the subject, just relating the absurdity.
The message from God is abstinence, remember?
Police don't say "You must always wear your seat belts. But if you choose to disobey, make sure you throw your arm in front of your toddler in the front seat to prevent them from going through the windshield"
In NC the police do say, you must where a seat-belt.

Again, why does your church get so active about denying people marriage? Where in the bible does god tell you this is the job of the church?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Like all birth control methods, condoms are more effective when you use them correctly.
Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly.
Each year, 18 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they don't always use condoms correctly.
You can make condoms more effective if you
use spermicide with them
I made it clear that my stats were based on *when used properly* Honestly a sledge hammer would have no luck in breaking your enormous mental block. Seek Help! I also typed when used in conjunction with spermicides and birth control! I understand why you feel the need to continuously beat a dead horse, but it's not gonna change the facts! You've been proven the fool, just let it go.
Even in the non perfect world , which your argument is based on..I Still see no 75% as you suggested when you altered my post. I can't make this any more clear-cut than it is
and when one little thing goes amiss-as often does in the REAL world (see:Murphy's law) the REAL stats then are:

15-24 percent FAILURE rate.
DUHMED down that means out of every 100 people,15-24 of them experienced condom FAILURE.

Which when tallied out, translates to anywhere to ONLY a 76%-85% effectiveness rate, at "best".

Which for SOME of us that CAN and DID comprehend the math, that pathetic rate of the ineffectiveness of condoms, was NEVER good enough...because IUD's and b/c tablets have been around for DECADES, and there's even more for BETTER choices for females to prevent mistakes of their own doings now a days!

Why do you feel the need to deny truth in facts? Do you think people should just hump and bump like mindless rabbits?

Sorry, some of us see things in a far different light-mostly because people are NOT puppies.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
she will still come back and argue my position..:) I feel it in my big toe, I think proven science falls in that post you typed about the ankle showing females. lol
Sexist.

Don't you have a coloring book to look at?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been overly fond of chauvinists, and she fits the true definition as well as any and better than many.
Do you need something actually constructive to do?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,921 - 99,940 of128,570
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stivers Center fixes 12 min changes 11
legalize marijuana 21 min Conservative Hilppie 5
Any couples into SCAT??? 24 min Dirty SCAT couple 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min DemocRATS 146,109
Single guys 1 hr shasta 5
Computer repair (May '13) 1 hr weeder 66
Billy Lake (Sep '11) 1 hr Curious 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••