Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,841 - 99,860 of 128,889 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different, completely. There was no revelation given that blacks should not hold the priesthood. We already talked about this. This was Brigham's opinion and no one questioned it when they should have. Males as the only holders of the priesthood was a direct revelation from Jesus Christ. This is what makes the situations different. Once Jesus Christ speaks, the church obeys.
No I'm not offended.
Did I run from anything?
Yes. Jesus did not create the hierarchy of the church. That was done later - by men, and for 1900 years the church has diligently connived to defame Mary as a harlot and completely dismiss the roles of women in Jesus' entourage.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The Churches do teach "Thou shalt not commit adultery" and to "Flee fornication". Besides that if you are old enough for intimacy then you are old enough to know about birth control. Before you become pregnant is the time for birth control, not after the fact. That cuts down on the need for so many abortions butt..a friend and I have discussed the horrific incidences of rape of a young girl or incest. Should an eleven year old girl be forced to carry and bear their own father's, uncle's or brother's etc. child? Would we in all honesty want our daughter to endure such a thing? Makes for a big decision and a lot of thought. Challenges even my strongest beliefs. Seriously.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>i think the language of "valley girl" is what leads one to abortion over adoption.
The condemnation you just showed towards the burden of raising a child is cause for some to abort in secret instead of being judged by the likes of you in church.
This is just another reality you ignore.
Abortion in secret or in public, or legal or illegal is still ending the life of a human.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Face palm
Churches teach abstinence until marriage. This is the number one, absolute, 100% method to prevent an abortion.
It is not their place to teach how to use contraceptives any more than it is their place to teach sexual positions.
It isn't their place to teach gun safety tips to avoid accidental deaths.
It isn't their job to teach drivers education to prevent car accidents.
It isn't their job to teach chemical reactions to avoid accidental science fair mishaps at home.
It isn't their job to teach how to paint to prevent accidental falling off ladders.
I hope you get the point.
You cannot expect me to take you seriously if you think Church holds the responsibility to teach these things. They teach the gospel of Jesus Christ (at least mine does, the one you are currently attacking)
Do whut, it is though, the Church's place to teach morality, which also includes men raping women and girls, or sex for money and drugs. That is a good percentage of unwanted pregnancies now. It does not all fall on the woman or young girl. Men are just as guilty. Seems the Church lacks in teaching men and boys the same moral guidelines as they do the females. "Guys keep your hands off her till marriage" should be taught the same as "girls save yourself till marriage". It still takes two!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So bad germs had to be created by god in order for him to create bad ones?
You have all the answers for magic, don't you?
If you stripped all the "germs" out of your body right now, you would die. Come on science guy, you know this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You have to look at it from a religious perspective - just like birth defects are punishment for the sins of the parents,
recovering from life threatening diseases give people the opportunity to repent their sinful ways and Praise His Name. HIV is God's "magic bullet" against homosexuals. How could Jesus cure lepers if there was no Hansen's disease? STD's are a Divine Deterrent against promiscuity. God loves us all - He spares 1 in 10 Ebola cases, doesn't He? Plagues give Him the opportunity to demonstrate how well He restrains His wrath.
This is not how I see things so obviously your stereo typical response is invalid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Germs produce our antibodies.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you stripped all the "germs" out of your body right now, you would die. Come on science guy, you know this.
Generally, the term "germ" describes a pathogen. Come on religious guy, you know this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I respect your opinion, but...
Churchgoers are an incredible species.
If logic contortions were physical, there would be 2 billion circus performers in the world.
How does that apply to my comment?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Do Whut Wrote: No, I would not wish women be kept from high ranking jobs. I have no problem with female CEO's or politicians (except Hillary haha. Is she female?).

lmao, perhaps she"s one of those she-males :) You know; the type that makes you wanna say ewwww
That's exactly my response every time I see her

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion in secret or in public, or legal or illegal is still ending the life of a human.
And there are no Mormons in the military?(None of eligible age named Romney that I know of, anyway.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>There is no footing to support the notion that marriage began as a religious act. If you are wed by a secular Justice of the Peace or sea captain, you are married - not unioned. Are there any women bishops in the LDS? NO. If you do not actively advocate women in your "priesthood," then you do not wish for women to have high ranking jobs. Don't propose invalid statements just to support religious opinion.
So where do you believe the act of marriage originated? And for what purpose?
The priesthood isn't a job or a career. And even within the priesthood, you don't earn or advance ranks like military or a company. It isn't the same thing.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not how I see things so obviously your stereo typical response is invalid.
My stereotypical response or my mocking stereotypes? I typically attempt to phrase my generalizations as tongue-in-cheek, and the response was to Mike.
Stereotypes are never 100% valid, but it doesn't make them 100% invalid, either. Haven't you noticed the more radical (and less rational) fundamentalists' postings? Caricatures of reason.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe not. But should they (churches) be going out of their way to disrupt the teaching of contraceptive use? That seems irresponsible to me, but yet it's happening.
If a church professes that contraceptives should not be used, then I understand why they would try to interfere. I don't agree, but I understand that they would try to defend their beliefs. I think this practice would hurt more than it helps though

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Jesus did not create the hierarchy of the church. That was done later - by men, and for 1900 years the church has diligently connived to defame Mary as a harlot and completely dismiss the roles of women in Jesus' entourage.
Actually Jesus did set up the hierarchy of the church. Very plainly He set apart apostles from disciples, and He explained the callings within the priesthood as teachers, priests, deacons, quorum of the seventy, etc. Do you notice that all the apostles were men? Did you notice that Mary Magdelene, who was held in very high regard (some debate she was His wife) was never made an apostle?

Jesus did not demean women while doing this. He held both Mary's in high esteem, and was always respectful and helpful to women.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>Do whut, it is though, the Church's place to teach morality, which also includes men raping women and girls, or sex for money and drugs. That is a good percentage of unwanted pregnancies now. It does not all fall on the woman or young girl. Men are just as guilty. Seems the Church lacks in teaching men and boys the same moral guidelines as they do the females. "Guys keep your hands off her till marriage" should be taught the same as "girls save yourself till marriage". It still takes two!
Absolutely agree.
It is strongly taught in my church to boys and girls. I've have to teach those lessons myself.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that apply to my comment?
I just think that one's thought processes have to contort through a lot of rigmarole to accept the doctrines and dogmas that have been built up by nearly two thousand years of theologians' crafting. If one can ascribe to it without any undue brain sweat, their brains are likely pretty squishy to begin with - present company excepted, of course.
How much credence do you place in Scientology or Heaven's Gate? Same thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>And there are no Mormons in the military?(None of eligible age named Romney that I know of, anyway.)
Defense is not considered murder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>My stereotypical response or my mocking stereotypes? I typically attempt to phrase my generalizations as tongue-in-cheek, and the response was to Mike.
Stereotypes are never 100% valid, but it doesn't make them 100% invalid, either. Haven't you noticed the more radical (and less rational) fundamentalists' postings? Caricatures of reason.
Stereotyping is dangerous all the way around. Wouldn't you agree?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Jesus did set up the hierarchy of the church. Very plainly He set apart apostles from disciples, and He explained the callings within the priesthood as teachers, priests, deacons, quorum of the seventy, etc. Do you notice that all the apostles were men? Did you notice that Mary Magdelene, who was held in very high regard (some debate she was His wife) was never made an apostle?
Jesus did not demean women while doing this. He held both Mary's in high esteem, and was always respectful and helpful to women.
Personally, I think Mary WAS an apostle and that the early church couldn't handle the truth so they manhandled it, instead. Keep up the good work?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Ari son of Anarchy 146,760
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 48 min Sisterlovenpoofy 1,023
Chris fisher 50 min Toby 2
Elmer at Creek mart 1 hr Lol 9
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr YAS 26,205
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr pissypoofer 16,124
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr poofylover 81,560
Marlena cox 2 hr Right 41
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••