Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,206

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104533 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Yes Abraham's Quote: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt is what I said someone typed here but I didn't know who.
One of the positive aspects of the internet,sometimes good for actually enhancing knowledge, for those who wish to aptly do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104534 May 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different, completely. There was no revelation given that blacks should not hold the priesthood. We already talked about this. This was Brigham's opinion and no one questioned it when they should have. Males as the only holders of the priesthood was a direct revelation from Jesus Christ. This is what makes the situations different. Once Jesus Christ speaks, the church obeys.
No I'm not offended.
Did I run from anything?
Brigham was the churches glorious infallible leader and no one questioned his bigoted ideas for over one hundred years.
Now you are afraid to question the bigoted ideas about sex and the priesthood.
You have demonstrated no difference between the two situations.
Yes, we talked about it, now tell me what variable is different?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104535 May 23, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and glad you found the website helpful and resourceful!!
I accept your apology.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104536 May 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different, completely. There was no revelation given that blacks should not hold the priesthood. We already talked about this. This was Brigham's opinion and no one questioned it when they should have. Males as the only holders of the priesthood was a direct revelation from Jesus Christ. This is what makes the situations different. Once Jesus Christ speaks, the church obeys.
No I'm not offended.
Did I run from anything?
In what scripture does Jesus make this bigoted revelation?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104537 May 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is entirely your opinion.
I believe the Church teaches salvation which lasts for eternity. To me there is nothing that helps me more than leading me back to live with my Father in Heaven.
Its all about you, isn't it?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104538 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a she-male too huh!
squinting eyes & shakin head saying burrr
Nope, ah don't care much for man made air conditioning, ah find it detracts from the H quality that gives the 0 it's base 8's in the molecular composition of 02.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104539 May 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not changing the subject, just relating the absurdity.
The message from God is abstinence, remember?
Police don't say "You must always wear your seat belts. But if you choose to disobey, make sure you throw your arm in front of your toddler in the front seat to prevent them from going through the windshield"
In NC the police do say, you must where a seat-belt.

Again, why does your church get so active about denying people marriage? Where in the bible does god tell you this is the job of the church?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104540 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Like all birth control methods, condoms are more effective when you use them correctly.
Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly.
Each year, 18 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they don't always use condoms correctly.
You can make condoms more effective if you
use spermicide with them
I made it clear that my stats were based on *when used properly* Honestly a sledge hammer would have no luck in breaking your enormous mental block. Seek Help! I also typed when used in conjunction with spermicides and birth control! I understand why you feel the need to continuously beat a dead horse, but it's not gonna change the facts! You've been proven the fool, just let it go.
Even in the non perfect world , which your argument is based on..I Still see no 75% as you suggested when you altered my post. I can't make this any more clear-cut than it is
and when one little thing goes amiss-as often does in the REAL world (see:Murphy's law) the REAL stats then are:

15-24 percent FAILURE rate.
DUHMED down that means out of every 100 people,15-24 of them experienced condom FAILURE.

Which when tallied out, translates to anywhere to ONLY a 76%-85% effectiveness rate, at "best".

Which for SOME of us that CAN and DID comprehend the math, that pathetic rate of the ineffectiveness of condoms, was NEVER good enough...because IUD's and b/c tablets have been around for DECADES, and there's even more for BETTER choices for females to prevent mistakes of their own doings now a days!

Why do you feel the need to deny truth in facts? Do you think people should just hump and bump like mindless rabbits?

Sorry, some of us see things in a far different light-mostly because people are NOT puppies.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104541 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
she will still come back and argue my position..:) I feel it in my big toe, I think proven science falls in that post you typed about the ankle showing females. lol
Sexist.

Don't you have a coloring book to look at?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104542 May 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been overly fond of chauvinists, and she fits the true definition as well as any and better than many.
Do you need something actually constructive to do?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104543 May 23, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Promoting the opposite of loose morals is irresponsible? If you say so...
That's not what was referenced.

Prevention is the best medicine, if one cannot abstain then one should at least be careful, using the BEST possible options in doing so. When one cannot apply that common sense methodology, choices to ignore FACTS/reality, or for some reason is Ignorant of them, then that is when we see the "mistakes".
My personal opinion on that, is that should a female realize a mistake that would forever alter the course of her life (and especially so if it would harm others in anyway!!!!), she should be allowed the CHOICE in possible remedies for such, and LEARN from it as well, so as NOT to have to repeat the same mistake and remedy, repeatedly. Because after ONE mistake-there's absoflippinglutely-NO excuse whatsoever, none at all, to NOT apply the BEST possible means in preventing such.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104544 May 23, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept your apology.
Why thank you, I appreciate that, dealing with sexist DOLTs running amuck in society these day, makes me le tired sometimes lol.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104545 May 23, 2013
Last damn time I'm going to address this subject PS go to the very link you posted, now after you get to the Birth Control Chart, do you see that little picture of the condom, Click on that condom, that will take you to some sub titles written in BOLD....scroll down and click on: HOW EFFECTIVE ARE CONDOMS...do me a favor and read that out loud and slowly! They get a little more specific here , now don't they. If you wanna preach exact stats then it shows to be 82% not used propery if only condoms are used ALONE! remember I initially said 90 95% when used properly along with spermicide and / or birth control! but that was wrong according to YOUR data from PPH it was 98 fu@king % accurate when used properly! do you finally get it now?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104546 May 23, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need something actually constructive to do?
Yeah I need something constructive to do. Where's a damn sledge hammer!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104547 May 23, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexist.
Don't you have a coloring book to look at?
If your brains were gun powder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your damn nose!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104548 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Last damn time I'm going to address this subject PS go to the very link you posted, now after you get to the Birth Control Chart, do you see that little picture of the condom, Click on that condom, that will take you to some sub titles written in BOLD....scroll down and click on: HOW EFFECTIVE ARE CONDOMS...do me a favor and read that out loud and slowly! They get a little more specific here , now don't they. If you wanna preach exact stats then it shows to be 82% not used propery if only condoms are used ALONE! remember I initially said 90 95% when used properly along with spermicide and / or birth control! but that was wrong according to YOUR data from PPH it was 98 fu@king % accurate when used properly! do you finally get it now?
Why would anyone WASTE time looking at something that by far-is Obvioulsy- NOT, NOT, NOT the BEST preventative option.

What part of that FACT, do You not comprehend?

Now we know why ignorance runs amuck...like dogs in heat, so are the peabrained clueless.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

Thank you for being a shining example of it!!!!!!!!!!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104549 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah I need something constructive to do. Where's a damn sledge hammer!
Dunno. Demolition and destruction is NOT my area of expertise.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104550 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah I need something constructive to do. Where's a damn sledge hammer!
as I prefer to "cultivate" (not destroy) COMMON SENSE, and the practices thereof.

Would you like a can of pledge and a dusting cloth instead?

AISLE 12..........
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104551 May 23, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno. Demolition and destruction is NOT my area of expertise.
Neither is posting facts or admitting when you are wrong. So what exactly IS your area of expertise?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104552 May 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is posting facts or admitting when you are wrong. So what exactly IS your area of expertise?
None of your business.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim baker remodeling city hall 35 min Resident 2
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 1 hr Nasty 7
teena Marie mills 1 hr infoman 11
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,609
any women want to meet 4 hr lookeing 1
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 13 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 13 hr Mother of the Year 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match