Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,410

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104386 May 21, 2013
Not sure if anyone remembers this if you live in KY but several years ago charles Morris (former coroner) in Pikeville, KY, His son was involved in an accident while DUI and killed a woman while en route to the hosp. to deliver her child. This was not his first DUI offense. He never got death sentence. I can't remember his exact sentence but I vaguely recall it wasn't many years.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104387 May 21, 2013
Veronica Jane Thornsbury

Kentucky is one of the latest states to recognize "fetal homicide" as a crime. Since February 2004, Kentucky law recognizes a crime of "fetal homicide" in the first, second, third, and fourth degrees. The law defines an "unborn child," as "a member of the species homo sapiens in utero from conception onward, without regard to age, health, or condition of dependency."

This came after the March 2001 tragedy involving 22-year-old Veronica Jane Thornsbury who was in labor and on her way to the hospital when a driver, under the influence of drugs, Charles Christopher Morris, 29, ran a red light and smashed into Thornsbury car and killed her. The fetus was stillborn.

The drugged driver was prosecuted on for the murder of both the mother and the fetus. However, because her baby was not born, state Court of Appeals overturned a guilty plea in the death of the fetus.

Judge John Miller was quoted as saying, at that time, "We view the born-alive rule as providing a cogent and well-defined legal criterion which has existed as common law in this commonwealth for more than half a century."

"I just don't think it's fair that people can sit up in their high place and decide she's not a baby," Teena Justice said as quoted by the Lexington Herald. "I saw my daughter's first child during an ultrasound when she was 7 months pregnant and he was sucking his thumb. How was something that's not a something sucking its thumb?"

Currently, 30 states recognize the unlawful killing of an unborn child as homicide in at least some circumstances.
Maybe he did get death. Doesn't say
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104388 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Y Thank you , and same to you. You are such an "upbeat person" I find that quite refreshing!
Thank you, but I'm only upbeat about one subject; Salvation!
Amen!
:-)
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104389 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you all have to lie about people to make yourself feel better.
I cannot fix your ignorance, but I know who can!
Call on the Name of the Lord!
You will be glad you did!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104390 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I would not doubt you have seen an unidentified flying object, but if you claimed that UFO was an alien spececraft, I'd ask for verifiable and demonstrable evidence.
This is just gold, you just accused me of something that no one on here who knows me even a little would try to accuse me of, because I have already told a "I was visited by aliens" deluded one the same thing I am telling you now:
You made it all up. It's all in your head just because you are too lazy to actually study anything about reality. There has been no evidence supporting your religion, your religion is myth because of that. Have fun with your imaginary friend you call god, try to ask him for a brain.
Believe whatever you want...
I know the truth!
God is real, and all will know it... sooner, or later!
Good day!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104391 May 22, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
"correctly" being a KEY word.
Yes. If used correctly. That's true of any tool or device isn't it? If used incorrectly a chainsaw's effectiveness drops drastically.
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
15-24 % in a NON-perfect world.
Again, not according to their numbers.~18% if not always used correctly. Which, now that I think about it, is still pretty effective (for something being used incorrectly).
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit it-there are far more proven effective means of prevention of unwanted pregnancies...
Better than 98%? Why don't you just admit that you're talking out of your ass?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104392 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I did not say it was 100% fool-proof. The majority of people who put the condom on in the correct manner do not experience "bursting or breakage". My point is; it's better than having no protection and risking such diseases.
For your second point, I said I encourage NO SEX UNTIL AFTER MARRIAGE, what part of that did you not understand? But I'm not going to pretend to be stupid in thinking that they will marry as a virgin! It is my responsibility as a parent to teach them SEX ED 101. for both genders!
AMEN!
Lust of anything is bad, sex, money, power!
It all withers, rusts, and blows away!
What we think important today is garbage tomorrow!

Location hidden

#104393 May 22, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, informative web site isn't it.
Yes, if you actually take the time to read it. Are you admitting that you were mistaken?

Location hidden

#104394 May 22, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot deal with actual FACTS, don't even bother to respond, because your ignorance will just be ignored.
I can't believe, after this little exercise with the Planned Parenthood website and your exposed glossing over (manipulation) of data, that you had the gall to say that. I think it's time for one of your little quiet, introspective periods that you claim to have from time to time.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104395 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>

To answer this last one: yes, I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, and I believe it is fine for a church to support this doctrine. Civil union is fine. Marriage indicates a connection with God.
So you wish to withhold marriage to homosexuals due to your superstition and yet cannot understand why we oppose your religion?
America is not a theocracy. We should not be making law due to your superstitions.
Would you not be just as upset as I if Muslims became a majority in America and they made superstitious laws (Sharia law)?
I am sure your church would love it if women could be kept from high ranking jobs also.
We get it, you and your church are bigots. And you wonder why so many look at your church as if it were a cult?
Show us your church is a leader in morality then we can talk about it following an actual god.
Withholding rights and privileges due to race, sex, or sexual persuasion is not moral. Your church has done all three and is still doing two of them.
You and your church learned nothing from its racism debacle.

Location hidden

#104396 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Yes you did. and then you changed my original post to reflect your %'s , which was wrong! I still don't believe you understand that what you posted was wrong ,and/or misleading.
Exactly. It's hard to not get irritated by them (there are several in this forum who behave similarly to PS). I sometimes wonder how they act in real life and how frustrating it would be to work with or supervise them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104397 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't noticed, we don't disagree on contraceptives. We disagree on churches having the responsibility on teaching how to use contraceptives. I agree with Kitten, doctors are much better sources for this knowledge, I would have thought you would agree since you think churches teach fiction anyway.
I also didn't say the religious shouldn't teach youth about contraceptives. I said churches shouldn't. Parents most certainly should educate their children, religious or not.
No one thinks adoption is a sin. Pre-marital sex is a sin. Part of the repentance process is making amends for the sin. Adoption or raising the child are certainly great choices to repent of the sin.
I'm using my phone, so when you ask 5 or 6 questions at once, it is difficult for me to answer all of them. For that, I apologize. I don't avoid questions on purpose.
To answer this last one: yes, I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, and I believe it is fine for a church to support this doctrine. Civil union is fine. Marriage indicates a connection with God.
Churches are teaching fiction, and you are here defending that is all they teach. You oppose them teaching modern inventions that reduce abortions.

You cannot expect me to take you seriously when you complain about abortion so much then shirk the churches role in reducing abortions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104398 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed it. They did use them. But they aren't 100% reliable so they still got pregnant.
And abstinence teaching does not stop kids from having sex. So neither approach is one hundred percent effective. This is why both need to be taught.
And I think if they do happen to get pregnant, abortion and adoption is an option.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104399 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Yes you did. and then you changed my original post to reflect your %'s , which was wrong! I still don't believe you understand that what you posted was wrong ,and/or misleading.
The info YOU posted WAS misleading, just like I stated. the information I posted was from Planned Parenthood, not some made up bunch of bullchit opinion.
So now I WILL say-
Stop LYING and spreading FALSE propoganda!(which is NOT the same as resorting to a fifth grade level name calling MENTAL-ity.)

Need more FACTS to choke on?-

According to the World Health Organization...

Although Nonoxynol-9 has been shown to increase the risk of HIV infection when used frequently by women at high risk of infection, it remains a contraceptive option for women at low risk.

Nonoxynol-9 offers no protection against sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea or chlamydia.

There is no evidence that condoms lubricated with Nonoxynol-9 are any more effective in preventing pregnancy or infection than condoms lubricated with silicone, and such condoms should no longer be promoted. However, it is better to use an Nonoxynol-9 lubricated condom than no condom at all.

The Centers Of Disease Control (CDC) Report >
Letter on Nonoxynol-9 From the CDC >

Fact #1 - Nonoxyol-9 Does Not Kill HIV
For Years many have believed that Nonoxynol-9 Kills HIV. NOT TRUE. Here are some Articles Dispelling That Rumor..

[ The CDC Press Release ][ Non-9 DOESN'T Work ][ CDC Info On HIV and STD's ]

Fact # 2 - Nonoxynol-9 May Actually Increase Your Risk Of Acquiring HIV

There is evidence that supports an increase risk of HIV when using Nonoxynol-9 Spermicide. Non-9 is a powerful detergent. It is so strong that it can actually irritate the vaginal walls and rectal cavity causing a path for the virus to enter your system. Here is more information on this..

It appears that when used frequently in the vagina, contraceptive products containing Nonoxynol-9 can cause disruption of the vaginal epithelium (cell wall)- a condition that may increase a woman's risk of becoming infected with HIV. The impact of N-9 on the vaginal epithelial appears to be dose-related. Small infrequent doses of N-9 (once a day or less) appear to cause little or no disruption of the epithelium, whereas more frequent, larger doses consistently cause disruption.
(WHO/CONRAD Technical Consultation on Nonoxynol-9, June 2002)

( http://www.condomdepot.com/non9/ )

Fact # 3 - Nonoxynol-9 Does NOT Decrease Pregnancy Rates

According by a report from the World Health Organization (WHO). There is no proof that using non-9 will reduce your risk of becoming pregnant. Using a condom properly is over 98% effective.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104400 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mix topics.
That's how God works is the best answer you are getting right now about the priesthood. Yes I could go much deeper into doctrine, but you have shown me you aren't ready to talk about it. I'm not going to give you more fuel to bash things that I hold sacred.
How an I mixing topics? Your churches stance on blacks holding the priesthood and women holding the priesthood is different how? Just how is this a separate topic?
So you are offended? Well you should be, it offends me how your church has bigoted policies. It is one large reason I left the Mormon church. Do you want other to leave your church for these reasons?
You refuse to think the church could be wrong on women and the priesthood, but you should take note, they were wrong on blacks and the priesthood for over a hundred years. So why do you have such absolute blind faith they could not be wrong now?

Now go and run from my points like you so often do.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104401 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Your own website that you posted stated a 98% effective rating of condom use when used correctly and properly! now I must ask you, what part of that don't you understand?
1. That is NOT my website, it is the official website of Planned Parenthood.

2. YOU are remiss and guilty of FRAUD, for NOT posting ALL the FACTS as presented by that same website.
15-24 percent FAILURE rate, in NON perfect (REAL WORLD) situations.

NOT the BEST choice for females who TRULY wish to do the RIGHT thing.

3. Are you some sort of developMentally challenged person that cannot accept the FAULTs and Wrongs with in yourself? Sounds like it.
Seek help.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104402 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not running from it. We aren't talking about that topic anymore. You seem to think gay marriage and contraceptives are the same topic.
Urging contraception is not relevant to church. The purpose of a church is to teach people about God and His gospel. Abstinence before marriage is God's law. This should be taught from the pulpit. It is the responsibility of the parents to educate their youth about other protection when they succumb to weakness.
And really? You are going to link obesity to churches? I'm sorry but this was the dumbest comment you have made to me. I hope it was just a childish jab and you weren't really serious.
The common link is, your church just sticks to teaching fiction and does not concern itself with actually teaching what helps people the most.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104403 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
anyway, here is one of those sites if you want to read it in it's entirety http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications...
Many of us prefer to only allow those with some actual SENSE, that know how to interact with DECENCY towards others, and have the credentials to work within edu envirnments, to teach our children.

Mostly because it keeps nutcases like yourself AWAY from being allowed to damage/corrupt or mislead young minds.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104404 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are just wrong about the purpose of a church.
That's like making an argument that Piggly Wigglies should educate people on car maintenance. Without it, they won't be able to make it to their stores.
Piggly Wigglies do not claim to be getting messages from a god and do not claim to be promoting agendas to life. Your church does.
Talk about changing the subject.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104405 May 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. If used correctly. That's true of any tool or device isn't it? If used incorrectly a chainsaw's effectiveness drops drastically.
<quoted text>
Again, not according to their numbers.~18% if not always used correctly. Which, now that I think about it, is still pretty effective (for something being used incorrectly).
<quoted text>
Better than 98%? Why don't you just admit that you're talking out of your ass?
Missed the given numbers for the piktures did ya?

Go back-look again-look for 15-24 percent (FAILURE rate)

And if I was talkn out muh butt-you wouldn't be typing about it! Maroon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Goat 10 min Sunshine 3
HeShe backing warren for judge 32 min im voting for a man 10
Where's Susie hibbard 1 hr Jessie 4
county equipment 1 hr elsi 3
who will you vote for as jailer 3 hr Please stay on track 41
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 4 hr kori 13
Assault 6 hr concerned 1
who got arrested at bville walmart? 7 hr Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match