Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142504 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

ProvenScience

London, KY

#104510 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Do Whut Wrote: No, I would not wish women be kept from high ranking jobs. I have no problem with female CEO's or politicians (except Hillary haha. Is she female?).
lmao, perhaps she"s one of those she-males :) You know; the type that makes you wanna say ewwww
SHE said tell you to let that beano head Kenneth Star know he's late with her breakfast and she has some shoes that need shined-after he gets done with her pedicure, and that you could help gather them up all up for him!!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104511 May 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not. But should they (churches) be going out of their way to disrupt the teaching of contraceptive use? That seems irresponsible to me, but yet it's happening.
So is the exact opposite-of promoting "loose morals"...alll over the USA. Which is actually even more irresponsible if you actually THINK about it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104512 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then defending yourself is also considered murder in many cases. If that is the case, then killing another animal that attacks you is murder. Any war is murder due to collateral damage as well.
If you are defending yourself, it means the attacker wishes to take your life. They aren't innocent.
Animals aren't human so that isn't murder either. War is debatable.

Location hidden

#104513 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>If the plan has to change based on the actions of those involved, then it is not absolute and can be unfulfilled.
Right, so God would then choose someone else to fulfill the calling.

Location hidden

#104514 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>The religious can't prove ANY part of their beliefs, yet they talk about them all of the time and purport them as the inerrant factual "truth." At least my hypothesis is sound, reasonable and has some little bit of sane thinking behind it.
Witch doctors invented religions? Very little sane thinking.

Location hidden

#104515 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not asking anything. You brought up numbers and symbolism, not me - go ahead and have at it.. I'll just sit back and watch the mental contortions. I inferred that the power brokers of the early church were sexual bigots who unlike Christ, chose to continue to subjugate women and that the practice has endured to this day.
We're apparently talking about different things.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104516 May 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Witch doctors invented religions? Very little sane thinking.
You can't comprehend that in the first and most primitive government the chief ruled through strength and the mystic influenced through arcane knowledge? That isn't my failing.

Witch doctor:
A magician credited with powers of healing, divination, and protection against the magic of others. Give me an M! O! S! H! E!

shaman, priest, prophet, televangelist... it's all semantics. A rose by any other name...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104517 May 22, 2013
Yes Abraham's Quote: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt is what I said someone typed here but I didn't know who.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104518 May 22, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE said tell you to let that beano head Kenneth Star know he's late with her breakfast and she has some shoes that need shined-after he gets done with her pedicure, and that you could help gather them up all up for him!!
You must be a she-male too huh!
squinting eyes & shakin head saying burrr
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104519 May 22, 2013
Like all birth control methods, condoms are more effective when you use them correctly.

Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly.
Each year, 18 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they don't always use condoms correctly.
You can make condoms more effective if you
use spermicide with them

I made it clear that my stats were based on *when used properly* Honestly a sledge hammer would have no luck in breaking your enormous mental block. Seek Help! I also typed when used in conjunction with spermicides and birth control! I understand why you feel the need to continuously beat a dead horse, but it's not gonna change the facts! You've been proven the fool, just let it go.

Even in the non perfect world , which your argument is based on..I Still see no 75% as you suggested when you altered my post. I can't make this any more clear-cut than it is

“See how you are?”

Earth

#104520 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Yes Abraham's Quote: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt is what I said someone typed here but I didn't know who.
Or, "A closed mouth gathers no foot."
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104521 May 22, 2013
she will still come back and argue my position..:) I feel it in my big toe, I think proven science falls in that post you typed about the ankle showing females. lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104522 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not heard that quote but it's sure a good one! and very true. I know I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I care to mention.
wagerme

Voorhees, NJ

#104523 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
last time i came here i thought that that picture looked like an alien.. now i come back and it still looks lik a grey alien with dreadlocks.. inside of a coin..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#104524 May 22, 2013
wagerme wrote:
<quoted text>
last time i came here i thought that that picture looked like an alien.. now i come back and it still looks lik a grey alien with dreadlocks.. inside of a coin..
perhaps this will clear it up.

http://www.retronaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#104525 May 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
she will still come back and argue my position..:) I feel it in my big toe, I think proven science falls in that post you typed about the ankle showing females. lol
I've never been overly fond of chauvinists, and she fits the true definition as well as any and better than many.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104526 May 22, 2013
that one is his self portrait

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104527 May 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are pushing the cart with your horse... Poverty leads to more pregnancies... I doubt that more homicides leads to less poverty....
It is a cycle. Surely you understand this, being an intelligent person.

Anecdote: I know a girl whose mother got pregnant and married at 14. The daughter is now 13 and pregnant. Given their latent religiosity, abortion isn't even an option for her. She isn't getting married either. Statistically speaking, she is likely to be a dropout and have several more kids before she's 19.

I consider that to be a form of abuse. She should have been *encouraged* to abort the pregnancy and focus on school. When she's an adult she can crank out as many kids as she wants. But while she's under age and unable to make important life decisions the adults around her should have stepped up and did the right thing.

Now the cycle continues.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104528 May 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Mike. No need for insult on an opinion forum.
Marriage began within religion. Why would someone even care about marriage if they don't believe in any form of religion? Civil unions are just fine with me for gays. They should receive the same benefits as marriage. The word marriage matters to religious people because it carries the belief that God is a part of the union. Civil union carries all the same rights in the rest of the world, but it isn't recognized by God. Since you don't believe in God, why would you care if He recognized it or not?
No, I would not wish women be kept from high ranking jobs. I have no problem with female CEO's or politicians (except Hillary haha. Is she female?). I would vote for a woman for president if her views and intentions were acceptable. Please don't speak for me.
If you want to learn about the leader of my church, google him. Thomas S Monson
Got evidence of your claims about marriage or is this just what the bible told you?
Marriage is a union. You are worried about the name because it is associated with your superstition of god.
Here in NC civil unions were outlawed. Why? Likely because it was on the same vote as gay marriage. So now the homosexuals do not even get that privilege.
It does not hurt you or your marriage if homosexuals marry. But you deny them this anyway. It is selfish. Immoral in my opinion and detrimental to society.
Just another reason I will continue to vocally oppose your religion.
And just what are you so offended about?
I really do not care about the leader of your church. Is he relevant to this conversation?
All I need to know is that he is a he, and not allowed to be a she. This is discrimination. Sadly, discrimination allowed legally due to the hands off government has with religion.

Location hidden

#104529 May 23, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the exact opposite-of promoting "loose morals"...alll over the USA. Which is actually even more irresponsible if you actually THINK about it.
Promoting the opposite of loose morals is irresponsible? If you say so...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swim free Friday nite at the water park 8-10 14 min Mom 1
what happened in dog town 29 min idk 10
Jeremy Smith seriously 43 min John 7
Concerning the Confederate F 1 hr Lol 11
Casey and Barry 1 hr lol 4
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 1 hr David Allen Smith 131
Black guy called Peanut UC COLLEGE 1 hr lol 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages