Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,741 - 99,760 of 130,437 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Thank you SS and Kitten, was trying to explain it to them but didn't do so well in my presentation.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
They stated an INCORRECT percentile.
I do NOT believe in MISrepresenting actual FACT.
Your posts suggest otherwise.
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
It needed edited-for the sake of TRUTH in facts.
Absolutely NO argument to it.
Just FACT.
Condoms and spermacides ONLY rank in prevention, at about 75/76 percent efficiancy.
Not according to the link you provided. If you click on the male condom graphic you'll get the rest of the info (which you obviously didn't take the time to read).

Condoms are ~82% effective if used incorrectly. I'll say that again so maybe you can understand what Planned Parenthood is telling you:
Male condoms are approximately 82% effective if they are not always used correctly.

If always used correctly they are approximately 98% effective.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Thank you SS and Kitten, was trying to explain it to them but didn't do so well in my presentation.
At first I was o.O

Then I was O.o

Then I went >.<

Now I'm all ^_^

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Nah, your presentation was fine, the problem is they typically don't care much for actual facts. Facts and data just get in the way of their proselytizing.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Ok on one hand you can't claim there is no God , then when it suits your argument claim there is a God.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha...
You said "Clueless"....
We know God is real, and you call us Clueless???
ChromiuMan wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I submit exhibit A.
ChromiuMan I am just wanting to understand your stance on this.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

O wait... was reading that post wrong Crom, my apologies. I see what you were doing now.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the RECENT web page from the PPH comparison site, do you NOT comprehend.
Please keep your IGNORANCE away from kids, unless you would also like to promote how to responsibly take a birth control pill each day, or use an IUD, or keep current with Norplant or something sismilar.
We are trying to promote personal responsibility of no excuses for BOTH genders, which that means FEMALES as well--NOT the ignorant, dark age "it awrl duh male fault, cuz it easier to just steek it to duh males".
Once again-(Notice the VERY current year as well)
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...
2013 Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc.
1-800-230-PLAN
###
You know I'm pretty damn ignorant on alot of things, sometimes I have to read one's post couple or three times to get the jest of that person's views. I don't pretend to know everything, but I strive to learn something everyday! But when it comes to Proper use of Condoms and the stats of safe sex..That's pretty much a NO Brainer for me! I'm sure all men can relate: Nobody likes taking a shower with a raincoat on! But b4 I subject myself to an STD, I will "suit up" so to speak!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
O wait... was reading that post wrong Crom, my apologies. I see what you were doing now.
Crom? I haven't read any R. E. Howard in decades.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I'm pretty damn ignorant on alot of things, sometimes I have to read one's post couple or three times to get the jest of that person's views. I don't pretend to know everything, but I strive to learn something everyday!
The gist of peoples' own views are often more comical than others' jests about them.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =K5nUUD8SM0YXX
A man is a very small thing, and the night is very large and full of wonders.
&#8213; Lord Dunsany
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

ok here's my quota for today. LOL
glasses for fighting chickens!
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Okay you all , here's mine, y'all know how I love them.. Bad officials are elected by good citizens , who refuse to vote..

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read some of his early works not conan class but fair.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions. - Author unknown

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Well sh$t, thats just a 7 day trial , and I'm too tight to spend my hard earned $$ on that. I guess I'll just continue to make my mistakes.
Heh. Sorry. I was being an a$$ anyway.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning. - Anonymous

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Electratroll wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no agree to disagree to disagree about this one. As I said, except for forced situations, the woman exercised her RIGHT when she willingly had the sex that she knew could make the baby. Children, of course, don't count. They are not developmentally able to make the decision, and because they are not taught that sex does not equal love, well, you know the outcome.
As to what is considered OK by prevailing science, a baby's heart is already beating as it travels down the fallopian tubes after fertilization. By the time a woman discovers she is pregnant, the baby has everything we do, including the ability to feel pain. I don't think that those horrible movies should be shown, either. Like I said, opposing sides need to work together to intelligently solve the problem, not act the fool, like a lot of them do now. The unwanted pregnancies and abortions would drastically decrease.
Teenager? Of course I was a teenager. I didn't have sex until I was in college. Shocking? Probably wouldn't have done that, but I'm bi-polar and had a mania episode. Mania and no sex before marriage do not go hand in hand.
Prior to about 26 weeks a baby cannot feel pain and has no awareness yet. It is not a person, in any reasonable sense of the word. It is alive, of course. But not a person yet.

A woman usually knows shes pregnant long before 26 weeks. Check your science website again. Make sure the word "god" isn't in the URL or else you'll get junk.

So you are of the opinion that when a 12-yo girl willingly has sex with her boyfriend and gets pregnant she should become a 12-yo mother? Because that's a recipe for poverty and teen pregnancy. It is a cycle.

Abortion should be the favored option in a case like that. Always. To hell with the idea that a penis shoots a soul into a vagina. That is not reality. Reality is little girls getting knocked up and ruining their lives because mom and dad believe in magic.

And I don't even care if it was a choice or not. And I don't care about the age of the mother. If a 35-yo woman has sex without protection, gets pregnant, and decides she does not want to have a baby then she should be able to get an abortion. And it isn't my business or yours. Ever.

The last thing I'd want as a woman is some wrinkled old white dude in a suit sitting on Capital Hill with his hands in my vagina telling me what to do with it.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Nite all !!!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

So true wrote:
Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning.- Anonymous
There are 2 things I go to church for; weddings and funerals - and both are the end of life as we know it.- me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info