Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,987)

Showing posts 99,721 - 99,740 of128,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
you didn't answer my question:
Now I'm a betting person.(i know, i'm breaking another of them 10 rules) I bet Kitten you will not answer my question, but if you do , be honest. Anyone in their right frame of mind would plead and beg for that old doc. to do everything in his/her power to save their child, if all they needed was an artery stitched up. Now if the child was a complete vegetable and her/his quality of life was nothing but a pump breathing for him/her , the situation changes . In both cases it's what your child wants done, would your child want to live a normal life if all it takes to do so is a stitch or two. Would your child want to live the rest of their life with a pump breathing for them? You as their Power of Attorney makes that decision.
So basically you'd say Don't intercede. Let fate have it's due course!
No, I am not saying that, though many religious people have used that as an excuse to allow innocent children to die all the time. I enjoy that we play god, we, as a species, do it a lot, we do it well most of the time, and we learn by doing it. I am grateful we have learned that the gods of myth are not real, that we are our own gods.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? And what exactly are you basing this statement on?
Well known available FACTS(for those that can read anyway)-even 35 years ago!!!

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
using condoms are 75% effective when used with other agents as spermacide or birth control. This is fact! I cannot answer for those people who are not smart enough to read directions for use of how to apply poperly , or are not informed on the risks/benefits factor.
Above statment edited, because-

Statistical FACTS seem to show otherwise.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Above statment edited, because-
Statistical FACTS seem to show otherwise.
If you have to edit other posters' posts, then you have no argument at all, you fail the argument by default.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Anything altering the fate of the organism through the use of intelligence is playing god, that is what altering fate is. But that's the thing, how do you know one is and not the other? How do you know that the fate was not for them to die?

Also, it is most. The very fact that medications are taken to eliminate illness in the mother, such as vaccines, is medication that has altered the chances of the fetus not being born alive. Not all ailments that prevent the fetus from living directly effect the fetus.
I guess this is where we part and travel different paths. I don't believe in fate. I believe in doing everything possible to preserve life. I also believe that medication is necessary for many to have a good quality of life.
I would much rather be the one that pulls a thorn of of a lion's paw than the one that says tough crap and moves on.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to edit other posters' posts, then you have no argument at all, you fail the argument by default.
They stated an INCORRECT percentile.

I do NOT believe in MISrepresenting actual FACT.

It needed edited-for the sake of TRUTH in facts.

Absolutely NO argument to it.

Just FACT.

Condoms and spermacides ONLY rank in prevention, at about 75/76 percent efficiancy.

And the Planned Parenthood ought to know-they've sure been around helping to enlighten people about such for a LONG, LONG time.

This message has been a public service announcement brought to others courtesy of believers in personal responsibility and Planned Parenthood @

###
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

ok idgit I'm talking about now , not 35 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

this also teaches the proper use of a condom too idgit !
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
using condoms are 90 to 95% effective when used with other agents as spermacide or birth control. This is fact! I cannot answer for those people who are not smart enough to read directions for use of how to apply poperly , or are not informed on the risks/benefits factor.

damn Dr. Clark says 99% effective, I was wrong!
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
ok idgit I'm talking about now , not 35 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
this also teaches the proper use of a condom too idgit !
What part of the RECENT web page from the PPH comparison site, do you NOT comprehend.

Please keep your IGNORANCE away from kids, unless you would also like to promote how to responsibly take a birth control pill each day, or use an IUD, or keep current with Norplant or something sismilar.

We are trying to promote personal responsibility of no excuses for BOTH genders, which that means FEMALES as well--NOT the ignorant, dark age "it awrl duh male fault, cuz it easier to just steek it to duh males".

Once again-(Notice the VERY current year as well)

2013 Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc.

1-800-230-PLAN

###
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
damn Dr. Clark says 99% effective, I was wrong!
Yup.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't agree that it is most, but I acknowledge there are many. No one in my family needed anything other than someone to deliver the child.
I do not see the assistance you speak of as playing God. Just as I don't see someone taking medicine to help their body stay healthy as playing God. You mentioned the cord. That doesn't seem any different to me than someone having bypass surgery, a stint, or a heart transplant. To me it isn't playing God.
The single biggest advance in medicine has been sanitation. Simple hand washing has saved countless lives in child birthing - yet it was God who created the germs. How many centuries has God been punishing the innocent for not inventing the microscope sooner? Religious logic is anti logic.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
They stated an INCORRECT percentile.
I do NOT believe in MISrepresenting actual FACT.
It needed edited-for the sake of TRUTH in facts.
Absolutely NO argument to it.
Just FACT.
Condoms and spermacides ONLY rank in prevention, at about 75/76 percent efficiancy.
And the Planned Parenthood ought to know-they've sure been around helping to enlighten people about such for a LONG, LONG time.
This message has been a public service announcement brought to others courtesy of believers in personal responsibility and Planned Parenthood @
###
Perhaps Planned parenthood . org needs to UPDATE THER FREAKIN FACTS! idiot

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree , most Doc's are pure pr$cks!
I've heard it's because many have a God complex. LOL!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess this is where we part and travel different paths. I don't believe in fate. I believe in doing everything possible to preserve life. I also believe that medication is necessary for many to have a good quality of life.
I would much rather be the one that pulls a thorn of of a lion's paw than the one that says tough crap and moves on.
Then you do not believe in any divine plan either, because the two are the same thing, only one makes the assertion that there is something setting it all up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it's because many have a God complex. LOL!
This is sadly true, it's when it becomes a complex that it becomes dangerous to the patient. Enjoying the fact that you get to play god by saving lives is fine, but when you think you are actually a god, you tend to act more like the mythical gods of the culture you belong, and the Abrahamic one is a monster.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Here's another one updated... few months ago http://www.youtube.com/watch...
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Hope everyone is safe , thru all these storms.. Feel so bad for all of those who have lost so much. :(.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
using condoms are 90 to 95% effective when used with other agents as spermacide or birth control. This is fact! I cannot answer for those people who are not smart enough to read directions for use of how to apply poperly , or are not informed on the risks/benefits factor.

damn Dr. Clark says 99% effective, I was wrong! I wasn't agreeing with you proven science. I still stand on , and completely agree with my stats! Not Yours. Simply because I stated using a condom ALONG WITH spermacides AND birth control makes that % of effectivness CORRECT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Well known available FACTS(for those that can read anyway)-even 35 years ago!!!
Apparently you don't read as well as you think you do:

"Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Planned parenthood . org needs to UPDATE THER FREAKIN FACTS! idiot
Planned Parenthood placed condoms (male condoms) in the 15-24% ineffective grouping because, according to their stats, if used incorrectly condoms are only 82% effective. If used correctly they are 98% effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,721 - 99,740 of128,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min DemocRATS 146,003
Jerry Rabbit Cox 3 min gator 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 min i be dat nikka 81,555
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 26 min Ricky Noya 16,114
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 52 min wow 34
Ronald Stevenson 1 hr stephanie 15
Larry Tyler Hammons and his new gf Amanda Taylo... 1 hr Really 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••