Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 130,998

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104303 May 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If your church is worries about abortions, I would think it would be proactive with contraceptive teaching.
Your excuses are getting more and more irrelevant.
No, you are just wrong about the purpose of a church.
That's like making an argument that Piggly Wigglies should educate people on car maintenance. Without it, they won't be able to make it to their stores.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104304 May 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you agree that contraception is a path to slowing unwanted pregnancies? Great, now quit wasting time and effort complaining about my mistake in writing and promote what is good to slow unwanted pregnancies. If abortions are the result of unwanted pregnancies, this should be the logical conclusion. Yet you have a variety of excuses for you and your church to leave it off the priority list.
Your mistake in writing changed the entire meaning of your post.

One final time: sex education should not be taught in church. It should be taught in the home. I would say it should be taught in schools as well, but I've never seen it done well so I didn't see the benefit. If they modify the program, maybe that would be best. Maybe bring a doctor in to teach that day.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104305 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I mention vitamins?
However, saving a life is playing god.
Is this your stance on the broad scale or just on the abortion ? Do Whut made a reference to the Heart Attack scenario and you did not comment on that position, just wondering

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104306 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I mention vitamins?

However, saving a life is playing god.
What medicine are you talking about? Again I have no experience with having to medically help a pregnancy.

That's what I was trying to find out from you. I disagree that saving a life is playing God.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104307 May 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What medicine are you talking about? Again I have no experience with having to medically help a pregnancy.
That's what I was trying to find out from you. I disagree that saving a life is playing God.
Hormones are not "vitamins." Almost all pregnancies in the civilized world are assisted medically, as I said, all those tests ... medical assistance, procedures like those to unwrap the umbilical cord from the neck. There are a lot of them, and I don't know the whole list, but that is beside the point, the fact remains, most fetuses would not be born alive without medical assistance.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104308 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Is this your stance on the broad scale or just on the abortion ? Do Whut made a reference to the Heart Attack scenario and you did not comment on that position, just wondering
Unlike many of you, I do not have the spare time to dig through and catch all posts, but yes, saving a person from death at any time is playing god, it is opposing the will of nature or whatever god may be. It is unfair to say that only one group can play god and not the other.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104309 May 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,all great achievements Scientific Achievements
...
And all this,in a futile effort to deny God's existence.
Yes, clearly smallpox was eradicated in order to deny your god's existence.(That's sarcasm, by the way).
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wisdom has failed you
Your attempt at presenting an intelligent argument has failed you...again.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104310 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Hormones are not "vitamins." Almost all pregnancies in the civilized world are assisted medically, as I said, all those tests ... medical assistance, procedures like those to unwrap the umbilical cord from the neck. There are a lot of them, and I don't know the whole list, but that is beside the point, the fact remains, most fetuses would not be born alive without medical assistance.
I just don't agree that it is most, but I acknowledge there are many. No one in my family needed anything other than someone to deliver the child.
I do not see the assistance you speak of as playing God. Just as I don't see someone taking medicine to help their body stay healthy as playing God. You mentioned the cord. That doesn't seem any different to me than someone having bypass surgery, a stint, or a heart transplant. To me it isn't playing God.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104311 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike many of you, I do not have the spare time to dig through and catch all posts, but yes, saving a person from death at any time is playing god, it is opposing the will of nature or whatever god may be. It is unfair to say that only one group can play god and not the other.
I believe it is using the knowledge that God gave us, to help others.

So one group is doctors that can help the quality of life for others. Who is the other group? Abortionists that end lives? I hope you can draw that distinction as it is really easy for me to do so.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104312 May 21, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should realize condoms are NOT all that of an effective means of of birth control...
Oh really? And what exactly are you basing this statement on?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104313 May 21, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>Well apparently you do have doubts my friend or why else would you be on here even talking and naming someone whom you say doesn't even exist! I do believe you believe He exist or else you really wouldn't even want to debate it. You wouldn't even be on here if you weren't curious and that's the real truth!
It's a community service. We are trying to improve our world by eliminating ignorance wherever it exists. And in this place it exists in abundance.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104314 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike many of you, I do not have the spare time to dig through and catch all posts, but yes, saving a person from death at any time is playing god, it is opposing the will of nature or whatever god may be. It is unfair to say that only one group can play god and not the other.
thank you for your reply and good to know... You're not a Physician are ya? lol Because if I am ever in need of my life being saved I damn sure don't want someone who has your point of view over my living or dieing, cause I am an accident waiting to happen and I want to live as long as I can. I cut the main artery in my arm with a chainsaw quite a few years ago; had it not been for that Doc. I would have died. Sure glad he didn't hold your view! Let me ask ya this. Do you have children? If so, If one of your children were "lets say hit by a drunk driver" and your child's life could be saved if the physician attended to them quickly.. would you insist them doing so or say to that Doc..Don't play God?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104315 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for your reply and good to know... You're not a Physician are ya? lol Because if I am ever in need of my life being saved I damn sure don't want someone who has your point of view over my living or dieing, cause I am an accident waiting to happen and I want to live as long as I can. I cut the main artery in my arm with a chainsaw quite a few years ago; had it not been for that Doc. I would have died. Sure glad he didn't hold your view! Let me ask ya this. Do you have children? If so, If one of your children were "lets say hit by a drunk driver" and your child's life could be saved if the physician attended to them quickly.. would you insist them doing so or say to that Doc..Don't play God?
Most doctors privately revel in the fact that they know they are playing god.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#104316 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I mention vitamins?
However, saving a life is playing god.
How do you consider saving a life playing God? You do not believe in God so therefore it can't be playing God. The knowledge God has given us to make the advancements in science is why we are able to save people. Now you believe all in "science" but not in "God" so shouldn't you see saving a life as "playing scientist" LMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104317 May 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't agree that it is most, but I acknowledge there are many. No one in my family needed anything other than someone to deliver the child.
I do not see the assistance you speak of as playing God. Just as I don't see someone taking medicine to help their body stay healthy as playing God. You mentioned the cord. That doesn't seem any different to me than someone having bypass surgery, a stint, or a heart transplant. To me it isn't playing God.
Anything altering the fate of the organism through the use of intelligence is playing god, that is what altering fate is. But that's the thing, how do you know one is and not the other? How do you know that the fate was not for them to die?

Also, it is most. The very fact that medications are taken to eliminate illness in the mother, such as vaccines, is medication that has altered the chances of the fetus not being born alive. Not all ailments that prevent the fetus from living directly effect the fetus.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104318 May 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you consider saving a life playing God? You do not believe in God so therefore it can't be playing God. The knowledge God has given us to make the advancements in science is why we are able to save people. Now you believe all in "science" but not in "God" so shouldn't you see saving a life as "playing scientist" LMAO
Um, your god is not the only god in mythology, and the word "god" is an adjective. You are really stupid, you know that, right?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104319 May 21, 2013
you didn't answer my question:
Now I'm a betting person.(i know, i'm breaking another of them 10 rules) I bet Kitten you will not answer my question, but if you do , be honest. Anyone in their right frame of mind would plead and beg for that old doc. to do everything in his/her power to save their child, if all they needed was an artery stitched up. Now if the child was a complete vegetable and her/his quality of life was nothing but a pump breathing for him/her , the situation changes . In both cases it's what your child wants done, would your child want to live a normal life if all it takes to do so is a stitch or two. Would your child want to live the rest of their life with a pump breathing for them? You as their Power of Attorney makes that decision.

So basically you'd say Don't intercede. Let fate have it's due course!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104320 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most doctors privately revel in the fact that they know they are playing god.
I agree , most Doc's are pure pr$cks!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104321 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
you didn't answer my question:
Now I'm a betting person.(i know, i'm breaking another of them 10 rules) I bet Kitten you will not answer my question, but if you do , be honest. Anyone in their right frame of mind would plead and beg for that old doc. to do everything in his/her power to save their child, if all they needed was an artery stitched up. Now if the child was a complete vegetable and her/his quality of life was nothing but a pump breathing for him/her , the situation changes . In both cases it's what your child wants done, would your child want to live a normal life if all it takes to do so is a stitch or two. Would your child want to live the rest of their life with a pump breathing for them? You as their Power of Attorney makes that decision.
So basically you'd say Don't intercede. Let fate have it's due course!
No, I am not saying that, though many religious people have used that as an excuse to allow innocent children to die all the time. I enjoy that we play god, we, as a species, do it a lot, we do it well most of the time, and we learn by doing it. I am grateful we have learned that the gods of myth are not real, that we are our own gods.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#104322 May 21, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? And what exactly are you basing this statement on?
Well known available FACTS(for those that can read anyway)-even 35 years ago!!!

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Le Jimbo 153,081
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Another Vet 4,490
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 11 min LIbEralS 26,262
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 31 min True Anon 5
Mellisa Collett 1 hr Pineville 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,631
Heather Cole 2 hr Realness 9
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 13 hr Limbertwig 70
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••