Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,984)

Showing posts 99,661 - 99,680 of123,128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I don't know what that verse is; why not post it here...I DIDN'T WRITE THE BIBLE... Again SHOW me where I stated I am a Christian! I'm still waiting!
I know you are also LEGIONS (and others), I know you've told people that you believe in God, I know you know what Bible verse I'm listing, etc. etc.. The only things I don't know is why you're so stupid that you'd think I wouldn't know these things or why you would deny your God in front of others.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

These are not difficult requests: Chrome can you give me an answer to this question[ explain in your opinion how the religious compliment of society blames young adults for being a jumbled mess of hormones ] being as you stated this as fact. and 2nd... Umm ... Post where I WROTE that I am a Christian or that God exists. If you can't supply me with an answer then just say so, it's not that difficult.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Ok first of all I am not LEGIONS and yes I have since you typing that verse looked it up , so to answer your question. I am not a Christian, I probably break more commandments than anyone here.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

You continue to prove yourself wrong in every post. Admit your mistakes. Offer your apologies and move on.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Oh the people understand the consequences of their actions ,they just choose to ignore it. For the second part, explain in your opinion how the religious compliment of society blames young adults for being a jumbled mess of hormones?
I'm entitled to opinion, am I not?
I should pick and choose which religious blogs for you to read? Should I edit them, take them out of context or misquote them? I'd rather not. Religions, be they Christian, Muslim or other, are the self-titled yardsticks of morality - a yardstick society has never measured up to in their eyes and never will. It is cliche, but still a truism that established generations will look at their successors, shake their heads and pronounce "These young people today...."

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pikeville, KY
Where exactly were you raised to witness these things firsthand? I am not a "cult" as you say, and you have no right to assume my beliefs are. Furthermore I am not FORCING my beliefs on ANYONE. It is everyone's personal choice to whom they serve and what their beliefs are.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pikeville, KY
Why are you addressing that to me? I KNOW LOL in a Suit is STUPID and now I know you are blissfully STUPID too! If all you have in your "battle armour" of wits is to make an ironic statement; what exactly have you proven other then your ultimate stupidity in the dicussion!
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Pikeville, KY
Ok first of all I am not LEGIONS and yes I have since you typing that verse looked it up , so to answer your question. I am not a Christian, I probably break more commandments than anyone here.
Sounds legit.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm entitled to opinion, am I not?
I should pick and choose which religious blogs for you to read? Should I edit them, take them out of context or misquote them? I'd rather not. Religions, be they Christian, Muslim or other, are the self-titled yardsticks of morality - a yardstick society has never measured up to in their eyes and never will. It is cliche, but still a truism that established generations will look at their successors, shake their heads and pronounce "These young people today...."
thank you for that reply, and yes you are entitled to your opinion.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sounds legit.
So you say that everyone with a KY address is me? Paranoid much? So I guess on that basis I can assume everyone with a hidden address are all the same people too!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp... Gravity DOES exist!
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Chrom too

lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOT. No one is going to teach anyone religion. The article said it was a literature ELECTIVE. They are not going to force anyone to take it. Only those who want to. If y ou don't want your kids to take the class then tell them not to but don't sit behind a computer and deny others the opportunity of taking a class just because you think you are smarter than GOD. You are only showing your ignorance so shut up. It is not mandatory. Your kid will never HAVE to take the class. However, my child will have the opportunity to take it. That is the way it should be. We have our rights and we are NOT FORCING IT ON YOU OR YOUR KID. Now did you understand what it said??????
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Kentucky Momma too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

DUh wrote:
<quoted text>I know whose post you were referring to. Perhaps, you NEED to go back are reread it. It wasn't my post, but it was my post when you FIRST called me a name that you were referring to; I was only clarifying someone elses post. By the way, I hope you don't talk that way in front of children. And, please don't say you don't. Anyone who post on a public forum like you does not have an extensive vocabulary.
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Duh too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I told you...
Seek God with all of YOUR heart!
You WILL have your evidence!
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I am Yes and Amen too ?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

RAM ROD wrote:
<quoted text>But does it not say in the BIBLE,That who so ever deny the father also denies me?What has this world come too.That we let teachers teach our kids about sex,Drugs,And other things.But we dont want them to teach the BIBLE to them.This should be the parents and kids right to take the classes if they want them.The world is a sad place when we dont teach our kids the things they need to know.But they learn about sex,drugs,violence in schools.SO SO SO SAD
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm RAM ROD too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Well you stay wrote:
<quoted text>Well you stay right where you come from there OH, And let us take care of our own state ok do you got that OH, Just stay up there and we can teach our kids what we wont them to know about the BIBLE ok it is not anything to you I dont wont my kid to go to HELL and be on FIRE the Rest of his life now do you really wont that for your kids I just dont think so you do what you have to and you will be praying to get you out of hell and you cannot go no where you will be on FIRE the rest of your live and yes you will know all about it to trust me. You will be praying to GOD HELP ME OUT OF HERE AND HE WILL SAY YOU NEVER KNOW ME I DONT KNOW YOU!! So you mit wonted to read the BIBLE and then you get back to me ok there mr OH,
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Well you stay too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

You better watch out Ummm I just might be the next spider, or bear, or snake you see.

Paranoid Much?
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Oh wait, What's that lizard that can change colors called? Ummm , You caught me I'm a Chameleon!

lol
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this particular scientist is not speaking for all of science. But keep in mind he IS an evolutionary biologist. He not only accepts that evolution is a fact, but that the theory explaining it is valid. He is *not* on your side here.
That being said, he does hold a view that is in opposition to many other scientists. For example, he and Richard Dawkins disagree sharply on some key issues about evolution.
But they are both evolutionary biologists. Scientists *can* disagree.
There is no such thing as evidence of the supernatural. The supernatural is by definition not evidence-based. It is fantasy, myth, and superstition. If there was actual evidence for it we would call it natural, not supernatural. If you have evidence, show it. You could become famous overnight.
I mean...you believe in magic. You want to criticize actual science and yet you offer nothing in the way of explaining your magical creation myth.
The foolishness of human wisdom cotinues to rear it's ugly head.
They believe that by denying God's existence and refusing to acknowledge any evidence that points to His existence,that God will cease to exist.
They believe that ,based on their defective theories and nonsensical opinions they can make God's word null and void.
It is magic,it is superstition are some of their more inane rantings.
Unable to understand,but driven by some invisible force,they continue to search for something they claim does not exist.
They try to hide their motives by claiming their interest is based on Public education teaching the bible,that Science is being demeaned,but,these excuses lead them,time and again,to keep inquiring about God...
What they fail to understand is the power contained in God's word;which they attribute to magic
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Moreover,their foolish minds will not accept the reality that one man,brought together 11 uneducated sinners,trained them according to his gospel and gave them The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

These 11 and Paul went out and started the greatest and most successful peaceful revolution known to man.
It has stood the test of time,was not based on any human power or authority.
Based on the power of God's word,the powerless overpowered the world....
This of course,is not understood by the Wise Men of this age.
In their search for wisdom and in their efforts to deny God's existence,they have attained unto foolishness.
Their defective beliefs confirm their foolish state.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The foolishness of human wisdom cotinues to rear it's ugly head.
They believe that by denying God's existence and refusing to acknowledge any evidence that points to His existence,that God will cease to exist.
They believe that ,based on their defective theories and nonsensical opinions they can make God's word null and void.
It is magic,it is superstition are some of their more inane rantings.
Unable to understand,but driven by some invisible force,they continue to search for something they claim does not exist.
They try to hide their motives by claiming their interest is based on Public education teaching the bible,that Science is being demeaned,but,these excuses lead them,time and again,to keep inquiring about God...
What they fail to understand is the power contained in God's word;which they attribute to magic
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Moreover,their foolish minds will not accept the reality that one man,brought together 11 uneducated sinners,trained them according to his gospel and gave them The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
These 11 and Paul went out and started the greatest and most successful peaceful revolution known to man.
It has stood the test of time,was not based on any human power or authority.
Based on the power of God's word,the powerless overpowered the world....
This of course,is not understood by the Wise Men of this age.
In their search for wisdom and in their efforts to deny God's existence,they have attained unto foolishness.
Their defective beliefs confirm their foolish state.
Do me a favor. Before you post, paste your text on this website:

http://www.grammarly.com/...

It will tell you where your grammar is wrong. You do not understand where to put commas and it drives me insane.

Regarding the god stuff, I don't care. We put people on the god-damned Moon. We got rid of polio and smallpox. We cracked the genetic code. We didn't do any of it with Bibles.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Thank you for that Y. I probably need to check mine too. Useful site. Amazing things on this web!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Well sh$t, thats just a 7 day trial , and I'm too tight to spend my hard earned $$ on that. I guess I'll just continue to make my mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,661 - 99,680 of123,128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 139,001
subway for mike corey 1 hr Versa vice 39
Shawntaea Hughes (Jan '09) 2 hr Wow 54
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 3 hr right 5
Michael Warren 3 hr Gibson 25
Hair Salons 4 hr Help 1
Who is the worst rapscallion on here? 4 hr gator 3
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 4 hr juice 28
•••