Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,541 - 99,560 of 130,460 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Dear Lord........Thank God....... Spoken from the lips of an Athiest to God's Ear!!! Your argument that you are a true Athiest is not very convincing!

(Laughing Again)
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Time after time you continue to show your immaturity with everything you post.
Your limited vocabulary,consisting mainly of insults,is a testament
to that fact....
If what I write sickens you,take an aspirin and call your veterinarian in the morning....
Oh that was a good one!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Time after time you continue to show your immaturity with everything you post.
Your limited vocabulary,consisting mainly of insults,is a testament
to that fact....
If what I write sickens you,take an aspirin and call your veterinarian in the morning....
One must admit that ummm shows more traits of a JACKA$$ than any other person here.. but LOL in a suit is putting up a good race to that title too!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

I particulary enjoy reading this post ummm continuously spins out over and over ......

it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification

blah blah blah

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The basis for my beliefs are important to me and you know what they are.
What continues to puzzle me is'Why are the Atheists so concerned about why and what I believe in.
You don't believe in God,you claim my beliefs are based on magic or delusions,yet you keep enquiring..
Some have stated that they do so because of Bible study rules and other excuses...That has nothing to do with the reasons for my faith...
Obviously,you/they are looking for something else,which you/they are unable to explain.
I think I understand why..
If you want an answer,then I have to understand the basis for your question?
Based on what I understand to be your need,I will answer accordingly as best I can
I'm not concerned with what you believe in. Granted, I think it's as ignorant as a burlap bag full of sheep urine, but as I've stated before, I'm concerned with idjits perpetuating mythology as fact and "educating" children with absurdities such as man is 6,000 years old and that 4,500 years ago the entirety of the Earth's land masses were submerged.
In a previous post you said that you'd given up self righteousness a long time ago.
Mind your 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Dear Lord........Thank God....... Spoken from the lips of an Athiest to God's Ear!!! Your argument that you are a true Athiest is not very convincing!
(Laughing Again)
How obliviously stupid does one have to be to harp on a time worn statement of sarcastic irony and simultaneously allege that they understand the Bible? Too dull to be embarrassed - your life must be blissful, indeed.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How obliviously stupid does one have to be to harp on a time worn statement of sarcastic irony and simultaneously allege that they understand the Bible? Too dull to be embarrassed - your life must be blissful, indeed.
Why are you addressing that to me? I KNOW LOL in a Suit is STUPID and now I know you are blissfully STUPID too! If all you have in your "battle armour" of wits is to make an ironic statement; what exactly have you proven other then your ultimate stupidity in the dicussion!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Wow.... It must be time for the agnostic/athiest to go back and post their childish pety "Judge it!" icons on all the new comments! Like those lil icons have some great significance to the contribution to the post.

(laughing) I'll wait till you've finished playing catch up!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

great contribution OF the post...

A little typo there

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you addressing that to me?
Because you are clueless and nuts.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not concerned with what you believe in. Granted, I think it's as ignorant as a burlap bag full of sheep urine, but as I've stated before, I'm concerned with idjits perpetuating mythology as fact and "educating" children with absurdities such as man is 6,000 years old and that 4,500 years ago the entirety of the Earth's land masses were submerged.
In a previous post you said that you'd given up self righteousness a long time ago.
Mind your 9th commandment.
Since I've never stated any of what you've mentioned as a basis for my faith,It is a poor excuse indeed,in order to keep inquiring.
But,I do not have a problem with that.
When you have a question,be sure to define the basis for your question,then,once I know thee basis,I will do my best to provide the answer to that which you are seeking.
Let us not be deceptive in our search,otherwise,you may not get the answer you are so diligently seeking...
Self deception,to my knowledge,never provides the right answer..

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

"clueless and nuts"
That would be the right and left cerebral hemispheres of the religie brain which also includes an ignorance stem.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Self deception,to my knowledge,never provides the right answer..
The level of irony is over 9000.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote speaks for itself. I do not need to interpret it to give it a meaning to fit my beliefs,as you have done...
But,I fully understand the reason why you need to do that
Case Closed......
So you think this evolutionary biologist is claiming that science is wrong? Are you that insane?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Good posts KittenKoder, the religies tend to get all caps and shiite when the facts smack em.
I sometimes get all caps when the stupid is too much to handle.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think this evolutionary biologist is claiming that science is wrong? Are you that insane?

QuoteEvolutionist Richard Lewontin in The New York Review,

January, 1997, page 31:
We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of the failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so-stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

That is what he said,which has caused you to get very defensive and make some wild allegations,which are in fact,baseless.
What is your interpretation of what he meant and if I quoted him out of context as you erroneously charged,what did he mean?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
QuoteEvolutionist Richard Lewontin in The New York Review,
January, 1997, page 31:
We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of the failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so-stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.
That is what he said,which has caused you to get very defensive and make some wild allegations,which are in fact,baseless.
What is your interpretation of what he meant and if I quoted him out of context as you erroneously charged,what did he mean?
I thought I already covered this. In fact, I did. The quote comes from a review of a Carl Sagan book (a favorite of mine). The original quote is longer, the Creationist version is always snipped and cropped just to get this juicy bit.

*sigh*

He is trying to make a subtle point about science. Sometimes it suggests things that are not easily acceptable to common sense. I gave you some examples in previous posts.

When he says that it won't let a "divine foot in the door" he is not trying to say that it SHOULD. He is pointing out a basic fact of science. That is, the supernatural is NOT PART OF IT. Yet at the same time some of its claims SEEM almost supernatural.

It is a subtle, powerful point.

Creationists take it out of context and never offer the full quote, which I previously linked to.

It is really common for Creationists to do that sort of thing. To be so Christian, they lie quite a bit. You might want to vet these quotes that you find at Answers In Genesis or wherever. Run them through Google and see where they really come from and what they really mean.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
great contribution OF the post...
A little typo there
love that song, been there as well .. Creedence did it so awesome. May u find your train to where it is you go !!!! Safe travelin
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

May we always see the light. Left shining for us all...
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
No god exists. No fairy tale of a devil and church ignorance should be in public schools.
Believe what you want... We know differently!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Libertarian 1,111
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Obama Zombies 151,033
Danny Wayne Hubbard 1 hr Pretty girl rock 4
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 1 hr sculptor of minds 9
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 1 hr Limbertwig 3
charmane 1 hr mother goose 1
Tommy golden 4 hr one who knows 29
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••