Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,977)

Showing posts 99,521 - 99,540 of127,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Lol, Ummm, you have to shorten your posts. The religies have problems understanding long text. There are over 31,000 verses in the holyhatebible and its obvious the religies do not understand 95% of them. For example you wrote about 20 sentences and the religie could only understand 1 of them, 95%. Thank god I'm an Atheist.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I read it all. And I've read Demon Haunted World.
Neither this review nor that book support your position. This guy is saying that science leads us to some weird ideas that defy common sense. Take quantum physics as an example. A thing can exist in a "superposition"? The determination of the nature of a particle in one location can immediately determine the nature of a particle miles away? Weird stuff.
He isn't saying that it's wrong. He's saying that there is a problem of communication with the public to some degree.
For a conservative Christian your ideas can be summed up on a bumpter sticker. But science is not that pithy. It takes work to understand it. One thing builds on another. And sometimes it doesn't seem intuitively true.
The quote is used out of context and incomplete on Creationist websites because, if you are a complete idiot, it *sounds* vaguely like this guy is an opponent of science. Yet nothing could be farther from the truth.
But truth is not really a component of Creationism, so who cares, right?
The quote speaks for itself. I do not need to interpret it to give it a meaning to fit my beliefs,as you have done...
But,I fully understand the reason why you need to do that
Case Closed......

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Good posts KittenKoder, the religies tend to get all caps and shiite when the facts smack em.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Lol, Ummm, you have to shorten your posts. The religies have problems understanding long text. There are over 31,000 verses in the holyhatebible and its obvious the religies do not understand 95% of them. For example you wrote about 20 sentences and the religie could only understand 1 of them, 95%. Thank god I'm an Atheist.
Everyone : Please pay attention to this IDIOT'S last sentence. You have one thing Correct you are indeed laughable!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Well,you can thank God for being an atheist and you can thank Science and Evolution for being an Idiot...LOL
Obvioously,you have much more to be thankful to God for,than you do
to that which you claim to believe in.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Lol, the thread gets "all quiet" when the atheists don't reply to the ignorance that make up 98% of religies posts. The holyhatebible should not be in public schools, it is a known carcinogen that causes ignorance. I can show you about 6 billion examples.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

No god exists. No fairy tale of a devil and church ignorance should be in public schools.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you did not feel their gods, you were not studying it correctly. You either did not understand the writings or your heart was closed to the gods.
Beautiful post, it brought a tear to my eye.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Listen, I hear religies getting all worked up.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Good posts KittenKoder, the religies tend to get all caps and shiite when the facts smack em.
SINCE YOU ARE AN IDIOT... I will explain my use of CAPS... I do so to place Emphasis on something I am expressing. IDIOT

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

The religies that posted above are not very bright, their understanding lacketh.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
The religies that posted above are not very bright, their understanding lacketh.
This quote coming from an Athiest THANKING GOD! GOOD ONE , IDIOT

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Kitten see post 104128, another one going shiite crazy, one must be careful with the ignorant.

You notice the dim wit saying its bad?
No.
Hypocrisy?
Yes.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Why a religie would think that I want their explanation of anything is cute. If I want to hear more ignorance I would attend church.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

lololol... Hey LOL in a Suit: The Christian Nation Called, they all want you on their Debate Team! In one simple statemnet YOU DESTROYED THE ATHIEST P.O.V.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Where is dim wit? Should it not be here fighting abusive conduct by a religie? Hypocrite?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"something I already found to be real...?"
You think the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, the serpent and the tree of knowledge were literal? What about Jonah and Noah?
The basis for my beliefs are important to me and you know what they are.
What continues to puzzle me is'Why are the Atheists so concerned about why and what I believe in.
You don't believe in God,you claim my beliefs are based on magic or delusions,yet you keep enquiring..
Some have stated that they do so because of Bible study rules and other excuses...That has nothing to do with the reasons for my faith...
Obviously,you/they are looking for something else,which you/they are unable to explain.
I think I understand why..
If you want an answer,then I have to understand the basis for your question?
Based on what I understand to be your need,I will answer accordingly as best I can
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful post, it brought a tear to my eye.

Indeed, Tears are in my eyes too , from laughing my a$$ off @ your posts IDIOT!

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

To point out the obvious, "the christian nation" has nothing but ignorant religious nuts (true believers) of course the sheepies need an Atheist to lead them. Dear lord protect us from your followers, lmao.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

To point out the obvious..... The Christian Nation Thanks you AGAIN for showing what and who you (truely believe) in.

(laughing)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,521 - 99,540 of127,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Silver coins and yard sales 23 min Silver seeker 21
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 41 min Anne 52 81,542
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr huu 144,635
weed eating 1 hr gator hunter 16
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 1 hr billy 370
Melissa Collett (May '12) 2 hr lol at your face 47
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 4 hr Beelzebub 10
KC Basketball Coach 5 hr breaking news 49
•••