Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,501 - 99,520 of 129,005 Comments Last updated 49 min ago
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
Speaking of prop 8, homosexual couples are great for adopting unwanted children.
Just another example of how religion fails to achieve the goals that are good for society.
It's funny to see you really trying to be a "Tard"... instead of just being a guy with an opinion!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not frustrated,I have found my answer.
I live very comfortably,confident in the fact that,MY GOD LIVES.
I do not hang my beliefs on studying old bones,rocks and theories of events that no one witnessed,no one can explain or duplicate,in the HOPE that someday this may all be explained...
That is blind faith....based on Science Fiction...
But,keep seeking,that which you seek,may come to you after all
AMEN!
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied with a Hindu for 2 years. Best effort I could give it.
Hahaha...
only took me a day to know Buddhism was wrong! LOL
Of course I wasn't a cheating golfer!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
Just to lighten the mood....
Another moment of Zen from a drive this evening....
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9...
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9...
:-)
Nice!
Thanks...
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Seek the Lord with all of your heart!
Repent, and BE SAVED!
You WILL be glad you did!
Great day to all :-)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So again, you accepted what one person said without even doubting it, asking for evidence, or better, checking it out yourself. If you looked up gullible in the dictionary now, there will be a picture of you.
No. That's the 3rd Hindu I learned from. Plus books and the Internet. They don't really have services, so I did not meet in any groups. I did my due diligence. Have you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let's see, first this is a completely different topic ... I think, because you do not state your reasoning for this accusation I cannot tell.

Second, no I do not, your accusation is false.
I can't tell if you are back peddling, or just completely contradicting yourself

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>You are already "an idiot and a moron" for throwing a bunch of fairly ambiguous nonsense up and refusing to clarify when asked. I don't need you to say "exactly what" I want. You are so scared that somebody is trying to trick you into actually saying what you think... ridiculous. If you're going to present your opinion on a public forum, present it comprehensively and defend it. Don't be such a chicken sh!t when somebody asks you to clarify what your parameters are when you can't make sense without doing so.

And no, it's not "my turn" to answer questions about an opinion that I have not made public. You haven't answered anything I asked. When I feel like putting my opinions out there, I will (and I may once I understand yours). You've already started, so finish it. Quit with the pathetic diversions and non-answers.
I have answered thoroughly my thoughts on abortion and have not held back. Call me whatever name you want, but anyone reading this knows exactly how I feel about the topic. If you still don't know, the problem is you.

Lets hear your thoughts now. Make it public. If you can't, then stop attempting to tear down others' stances.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So then why do creationists and religious people constantly attack everyone else while ignoring their mistakes?
Pot, meet kettle

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/

BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
What evasion?
so true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
Seek the Lord with all of your heart!
Repent, and BE SAVED!
You WILL be glad you did!
Great day to all :-)
Great Sunday to you as well.....
so true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Just like a wilted flower , that looks bad, we each still have what we were meant for. When stopping to smell the roses, don't only smell the grand ones, hidden within the faded is the same wonderful scent. May the roses that fade always have a meaning still in our lifes...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/

BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
Define "nice"

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think what you want,
I Believe What I Know.
You keep searching among the rocks and bones for something I already found to be real....
That you believe that we are here due to some unexplainable coincident ,is your problem.
That you and others like you, keep searching for an answer,is probably a positive sign.
Hopefully your diligent but misguided search will be rewarded.
Then,we can all rejoice
That I believe there is a creator,based on my personal experiences,is my blessing.......
"something I already found to be real...?"
You think the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, the serpent and the tree of knowledge were literal? What about Jonah and Noah?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

The Second Law of Thermodynamics also called. "Please make it stop." it said.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
you are the idiot, you refuse to state your opinion because you are a chickenshit,, you'd rather crucify anyone that has an opinion(THAT ISN'T AFRAID TO PUT IT OUT THERE unlike yourself) that does not conform to your UNPUBLICIZED POSITION.

..... ANSWER..Well known by Everyone who has been on a debate team!!!

.... ANSWER ... It's obvious you know nothing about the procedure or etiquette of debating.

..... ANSWER.... FINALLY , you post exactly what you've been doing on this very thread!!!! ummm
WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVEN'T STATED YOUR OPINIONS, OR POSITIONS.....(please insert here your own argument) redirecting/avoiding/ignoring the questions of your opposition ..... lololol
stuck in a lodi wrote:
For Your Information Ummm the reason I posted that paragraph AT THAT TIME was because someone had put 2 links on their post and I was reading that particular one at the time you were constantly calling names and dodging "do whut's" questions JUST LIKE Mr. O in the Racine Debate!!!! IT WAS POSTED JUST FOR YOU! you remind me of a child throwing a fit and stomping their feet saying : I don't have to answer you, but you have to answer me, you see those rules apply ONLY to you , not to me because I'm special!
I've noticed everytime you begin to post on this thread it suddenly goes silent.... WHY....because everyone here grows tired of your twaddle. Either you state your position to those you are addressing or STOP INSISTING OF OTHERS TO DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CLEARLY DON'T HAVE THE BACKBONE TO DO YOURSELF!
It's good to see that you're still not mad, and that you're completely capable of understanding my words and writing a coherent response.

Oh, wait...
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered thoroughly my thoughts on abortion and have not held back. Call me whatever name you want, but anyone reading this knows exactly how I feel about the topic. If you still don't know, the problem is you.
Lets hear your thoughts now. Make it public. If you can't, then stop attempting to tear down others' stances.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What evasion?
Not held back? What evasion? I asked you ANOTHER specific set of questions, none of which you've answered, and you're all "If you still don't know, the problem is you."

NO. I still don't know because I don't tend to guess at the unknowns in another persons position, as doing that would result in constantly putting words in other people's mouths. I don't want to do that. So I ask questions. And you won't answer them:
_Ummm_ wrote:
When is abortion OK? Is it ever fine to terminate a pregnancy after an egg has been fertilized, in what cases, and why? Is an extremely high probability of a short life filled with pain and suffering a better thing than simply having a very short life with no pain and suffering? Is the body, life, and livelihood of a pregnant rape victim more or less important than a cluster of a few hundred cells sitting in her uterine wall?
Besides simple being rude, which you like to claim not to be, it's self defeating if you are actually interested in putting the whole of your beliefs on this subject out there.

And what world do you live in where people asking questions have to throw up their opinions on a topic? Because reality doesn't work like that. Especially if one doesn't think that there is sufficient evidence to support a decision one way or the other. So, no, you don't get to force me to assert some opinion here. It's you that climbed on the soapbox, not me. And now that you're there, please clarify your position so that I can determine if it's consistent, if there's any value in it, or if there's anything I can learn from it. It shouldn't be hard, but you are making it exceedingly so.

The only conclusion I can draw thus far is that you probably haven't put sufficient thought into the topic to answer me, and you just wanted to talk loudly about something. I guess I'll see.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

ummm wrote:It's good to see that you're still not mad, and that you're completely capable of understanding my words and writing a coherent response.

It's abundantaly clear that you lack BOTH of these aspects and are here for the sole purpose of inciting anyone into a verbal smackdown when ONLY YOU say they have not answered your aggressive, agonistic quarrelsome questions when they have repeatedly ANSWERED YOU , you are just to damn stupid to acknowledge, accept or just UNDERSTAND it to be so. IDIOT!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps if "Do Whut" takes hold of your hand, sits you down and provides you undivided attention while breaking down HIS ANSWERS in a child-like format so that even a neanderthal, twiddle-twaddle talker like yourself can finally understand it.

But I seriously doubt that would enlighten you to the point of understanding and comprehending his position! IDIOT
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, okay, so you believe that a child should be tortured forever because of a candybar that the kid's great great grandfather stole from a convenience store just because you think you own that convenience store.
No,you will not find that in anything I have said.
Your response is an evasive tactic,in order to avoid dealing with reality,
It is difficult for us to face our faults.
Generally,we will neither admit them,nor permit others to point them out to us,even when done in a constructive manner.
Then again,anyone who proclaims to have never done anything for which they should feel guilty,does not feel a need to be corrected.

I gave up my self righteousness a long time ago
Confession is good for the soul,if one believes he has one
You can run away from your hypocricy,but,ultimately,it will find you

<quoted text>
No,and you know full well what I meant.
Let us not be coy.
I believe that we,as humans,have an inner desire to know from whence we came,how did we get here.
Now,we also know that,because of our human nature,many of us,do not want to know the truth.
So.we still have that inner desire,but,we do not want to create a conflict with our wordly desires.....
Therefore,that desire of wanting to know our roots,becomes submissive to our earthly desires,,,,leading us to search in the wrong places....
Then again,let us say someone believes they have never done anything for which they should feel guilty,based on their self righteousness?
That person may be reluctant to search for an answer that may prove him/her wrong.
That is true with many of us......
We carry this burden of believing we are good,when deep down inside,we know better.
Ultimately,at some point in time,most of us will come face to face with our hypocricy....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Lol, Ummm, you have to shorten your posts. The religies have problems understanding long text. There are over 31,000 verses in the holyhatebible and its obvious the religies do not understand 95% of them. For example you wrote about 20 sentences and the religie could only understand 1 of them, 95%. Thank god I'm an Atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 147,079
dizzyone1313 1 hr I konw 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr yxv 1,020
Please Ladies answer this question for me 1 hr my real name 5
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr my real name 12
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 1 hr Jason 3
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 2 hr Beelzebub 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 2 hr blind one 10
john sowders 3 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating