Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143120 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104248 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Oh the people understand the consequences of their actions ,they just choose to ignore it. For the second part, explain in your opinion how the religious compliment of society blames young adults for being a jumbled mess of hormones?
I'm entitled to opinion, am I not?
I should pick and choose which religious blogs for you to read? Should I edit them, take them out of context or misquote them? I'd rather not. Religions, be they Christian, Muslim or other, are the self-titled yardsticks of morality - a yardstick society has never measured up to in their eyes and never will. It is cliche, but still a truism that established generations will look at their successors, shake their heads and pronounce "These young people today...."

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104249 May 20, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pikeville, KY
Where exactly were you raised to witness these things firsthand? I am not a "cult" as you say, and you have no right to assume my beliefs are. Furthermore I am not FORCING my beliefs on ANYONE. It is everyone's personal choice to whom they serve and what their beliefs are.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pikeville, KY
Why are you addressing that to me? I KNOW LOL in a Suit is STUPID and now I know you are blissfully STUPID too! If all you have in your "battle armour" of wits is to make an ironic statement; what exactly have you proven other then your ultimate stupidity in the dicussion!
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Pikeville, KY
Ok first of all I am not LEGIONS and yes I have since you typing that verse looked it up , so to answer your question. I am not a Christian, I probably break more commandments than anyone here.
Sounds legit.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104250 May 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm entitled to opinion, am I not?
I should pick and choose which religious blogs for you to read? Should I edit them, take them out of context or misquote them? I'd rather not. Religions, be they Christian, Muslim or other, are the self-titled yardsticks of morality - a yardstick society has never measured up to in their eyes and never will. It is cliche, but still a truism that established generations will look at their successors, shake their heads and pronounce "These young people today...."
thank you for that reply, and yes you are entitled to your opinion.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104251 May 20, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sounds legit.
So you say that everyone with a KY address is me? Paranoid much? So I guess on that basis I can assume everyone with a hidden address are all the same people too!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104252 May 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp... Gravity DOES exist!
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Chrom too

lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104253 May 20, 2013
Kentucky Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOT. No one is going to teach anyone religion. The article said it was a literature ELECTIVE. They are not going to force anyone to take it. Only those who want to. If y ou don't want your kids to take the class then tell them not to but don't sit behind a computer and deny others the opportunity of taking a class just because you think you are smarter than GOD. You are only showing your ignorance so shut up. It is not mandatory. Your kid will never HAVE to take the class. However, my child will have the opportunity to take it. That is the way it should be. We have our rights and we are NOT FORCING IT ON YOU OR YOUR KID. Now did you understand what it said??????
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Kentucky Momma too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104254 May 20, 2013
DUh wrote:
<quoted text>I know whose post you were referring to. Perhaps, you NEED to go back are reread it. It wasn't my post, but it was my post when you FIRST called me a name that you were referring to; I was only clarifying someone elses post. By the way, I hope you don't talk that way in front of children. And, please don't say you don't. Anyone who post on a public forum like you does not have an extensive vocabulary.
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Duh too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104255 May 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I told you...
Seek God with all of YOUR heart!
You WILL have your evidence!
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I am Yes and Amen too ?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104256 May 20, 2013
RAM ROD wrote:
<quoted text>But does it not say in the BIBLE,That who so ever deny the father also denies me?What has this world come too.That we let teachers teach our kids about sex,Drugs,And other things.But we dont want them to teach the BIBLE to them.This should be the parents and kids right to take the classes if they want them.The world is a sad place when we dont teach our kids the things they need to know.But they learn about sex,drugs,violence in schools.SO SO SO SAD
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm RAM ROD too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104257 May 20, 2013
Well you stay wrote:
<quoted text>Well you stay right where you come from there OH, And let us take care of our own state ok do you got that OH, Just stay up there and we can teach our kids what we wont them to know about the BIBLE ok it is not anything to you I dont wont my kid to go to HELL and be on FIRE the Rest of his life now do you really wont that for your kids I just dont think so you do what you have to and you will be praying to get you out of hell and you cannot go no where you will be on FIRE the rest of your live and yes you will know all about it to trust me. You will be praying to GOD HELP ME OUT OF HERE AND HE WILL SAY YOU NEVER KNOW ME I DONT KNOW YOU!! So you mit wonted to read the BIBLE and then you get back to me ok there mr OH,
Oh my word. Are you now gonna say I'm Well you stay too?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104258 May 20, 2013
You better watch out Ummm I just might be the next spider, or bear, or snake you see.

Paranoid Much?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104259 May 20, 2013
Oh wait, What's that lizard that can change colors called? Ummm , You caught me I'm a Chameleon!

lol
curious

Ocoee, FL

#104260 May 20, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this particular scientist is not speaking for all of science. But keep in mind he IS an evolutionary biologist. He not only accepts that evolution is a fact, but that the theory explaining it is valid. He is *not* on your side here.
That being said, he does hold a view that is in opposition to many other scientists. For example, he and Richard Dawkins disagree sharply on some key issues about evolution.
But they are both evolutionary biologists. Scientists *can* disagree.
There is no such thing as evidence of the supernatural. The supernatural is by definition not evidence-based. It is fantasy, myth, and superstition. If there was actual evidence for it we would call it natural, not supernatural. If you have evidence, show it. You could become famous overnight.
I mean...you believe in magic. You want to criticize actual science and yet you offer nothing in the way of explaining your magical creation myth.
The foolishness of human wisdom cotinues to rear it's ugly head.
They believe that by denying God's existence and refusing to acknowledge any evidence that points to His existence,that God will cease to exist.
They believe that ,based on their defective theories and nonsensical opinions they can make God's word null and void.
It is magic,it is superstition are some of their more inane rantings.
Unable to understand,but driven by some invisible force,they continue to search for something they claim does not exist.
They try to hide their motives by claiming their interest is based on Public education teaching the bible,that Science is being demeaned,but,these excuses lead them,time and again,to keep inquiring about God...
What they fail to understand is the power contained in God's word;which they attribute to magic
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Moreover,their foolish minds will not accept the reality that one man,brought together 11 uneducated sinners,trained them according to his gospel and gave them The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

These 11 and Paul went out and started the greatest and most successful peaceful revolution known to man.
It has stood the test of time,was not based on any human power or authority.
Based on the power of God's word,the powerless overpowered the world....
This of course,is not understood by the Wise Men of this age.
In their search for wisdom and in their efforts to deny God's existence,they have attained unto foolishness.
Their defective beliefs confirm their foolish state.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104261 May 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The foolishness of human wisdom cotinues to rear it's ugly head.
They believe that by denying God's existence and refusing to acknowledge any evidence that points to His existence,that God will cease to exist.
They believe that ,based on their defective theories and nonsensical opinions they can make God's word null and void.
It is magic,it is superstition are some of their more inane rantings.
Unable to understand,but driven by some invisible force,they continue to search for something they claim does not exist.
They try to hide their motives by claiming their interest is based on Public education teaching the bible,that Science is being demeaned,but,these excuses lead them,time and again,to keep inquiring about God...
What they fail to understand is the power contained in God's word;which they attribute to magic
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Moreover,their foolish minds will not accept the reality that one man,brought together 11 uneducated sinners,trained them according to his gospel and gave them The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
These 11 and Paul went out and started the greatest and most successful peaceful revolution known to man.
It has stood the test of time,was not based on any human power or authority.
Based on the power of God's word,the powerless overpowered the world....
This of course,is not understood by the Wise Men of this age.
In their search for wisdom and in their efforts to deny God's existence,they have attained unto foolishness.
Their defective beliefs confirm their foolish state.
Do me a favor. Before you post, paste your text on this website:

http://www.grammarly.com/...

It will tell you where your grammar is wrong. You do not understand where to put commas and it drives me insane.

Regarding the god stuff, I don't care. We put people on the god-damned Moon. We got rid of polio and smallpox. We cracked the genetic code. We didn't do any of it with Bibles.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104262 May 20, 2013
Thank you for that Y. I probably need to check mine too. Useful site. Amazing things on this web!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104263 May 20, 2013
Well sh$t, thats just a 7 day trial , and I'm too tight to spend my hard earned $$ on that. I guess I'll just continue to make my mistakes.

Since: May 13

Somerset, KY

#104264 May 20, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's come together. Let's make a compromise: abortions prior to 26 or 28 weeks (I'll have to look it up, can't remember which is the prevailing science) are OK. Always. No questions, no subjecting girls to horrifying videos to slut shame and pressure them away from their decision. No Bible beating. You want an abortion at 14 weeks, here you go.
But after 26 weeks we limit it to rape, incest, risk of death of either the baby or the mother or both.
I can have that conversation. But when it comes to voluntary, early abortion that is not something we can compromise on. It is the right of the mother, period.
Regarding sex ed, I agree we need a much more robust approach to that topic. Abstinence can be part of it, but not exclusive. Kids are going to get nasty as soon as they can. If you were ever a teenager you know this is true. The only thing stopping a teenager from having sex at any given moment is opportunity. Prepare them correctly.
Sorry, no agree to disagree to disagree about this one. As I said, except for forced situations, the woman exercised her RIGHT when she willingly had the sex that she knew could make the baby. Children, of course, don't count. They are not developmentally able to make the decision, and because they are not taught that sex does not equal love, well, you know the outcome.

As to what is considered OK by prevailing science, a baby's heart is already beating as it travels down the fallopian tubes after fertilization. By the time a woman discovers she is pregnant, the baby has everything we do, including the ability to feel pain. I don't think that those horrible movies should be shown, either. Like I said, opposing sides need to work together to intelligently solve the problem, not act the fool, like a lot of them do now. The unwanted pregnancies and abortions would drastically decrease.

Teenager? Of course I was a teenager. I didn't have sex until I was in college. Shocking? Probably wouldn't have done that, but I'm bi-polar and had a mania episode. Mania and no sex before marriage do not go hand in hand.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104265 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew you would have verifiable and demonstrable evidence. So, where is this evidence? If you do not present it, then you just lied.
No... I don't lie any more...
Honesty is a side effect of Salvation, I could no more
purposely lie to you, than I could lie to God!
Funny thing is....
If I told you, that I seen a UFO...
You'd be all into that, and believe whatever I told you!
Something way more important, and your not willing to
SEEK Him yourself???
You don't WANT the Truth about anything, as it
would shine light on you, and you cannot have that!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104266 May 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that contraceptives should not be used or taught to youth. I'm saying it isn't the responsibility of a church to be the teacher.
Abstinence is absolutely the best method of contraception. And if you took abortion off the menu of answers for irresponsible teen behavior, more would practice it. I doubt it would reduce sexual activity, but it would certainly raise that awareness that they will be forced to deal with the consequences (something not taught to youth as much as it should be).
But you keep banking on contraceptives as if it is the silver bullet. Did you see the statistic on the percentage of abortions that occurred that claim they USED contraceptives and they didn't work?
The "if" you wish for is not a reality. Abortion is not off the table and you keep forgetting the realities of human nature. Are their any other factors that you forget in your equation?
I do not think contraceptives are a silver bullet, but they do lead to less abortions.
You forget I push for adoption. The contraception part is what we disagree about so I focus on that part now. Wow you have a short memory.
Maybe instead of using pregnancy as some sort of punishment, just teach them that adoption is ok and not a sin.
Fact is, many who are religious fail to uphold the abstinence pledge and do have abortions. Why? Because some feel it is not their job to teach about contraceptives.

You can whine about the churches job description all day. I gave a good rebuttal for it and you have yet to address the point.
I am sure you have now forgotten that point. Here is a reminder. Is the job of the church to keep rights from homosexuals?
You run from many of our points and questions. You claim not to,but that is just an outright lie.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104267 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So you admit that religious people need to be institutionalized.
No!
Your a nasty person, and needs help!
Anyone that'd think killing babies is A-Ok.... needs help, and
LOTS of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Oven Mitt 1 hr lol 67
Joe Ore arrested again 1 hr curious 2
Qualfications of a Pastor? 3 hr MisFit Kid 8
laptops 4 sale 4 hr ttwarewolf 12
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 5 hr Knox county 15
kink 5 hr rufus 10
looking for something too rent.... 5 hr remt 2
Shooting at Walmart??? 6 hr MisFit Kid 52
walmart shooting Sun sittin ducks 18
More from around the web