Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142273 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104230 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
you say sh$t you can't back up with proof! If you can prove it then by all means , DO SO .
Which is way different than when you say God exists...

Again, the level of irony is over 9000. I've almost decided that you are a troll trying to make all Christians look bad by association.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104231 May 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Seems to me ,he is strongly implying that,by intentionally refusing to accept any supernatural evidence,that Science ,by it's nature,can not allow nor will it consider any evidence that is not materialistic in nature.,regardless of how compelling that evidence might be.
On the other hand,it will permit unsubstantiated evidence,in spite of the patent absurdity of some of it's constructs and in spite of it's many failures.
Well, this particular scientist is not speaking for all of science. But keep in mind he IS an evolutionary biologist. He not only accepts that evolution is a fact, but that the theory explaining it is valid. He is *not* on your side here.

That being said, he does hold a view that is in opposition to many other scientists. For example, he and Richard Dawkins disagree sharply on some key issues about evolution.

But they are both evolutionary biologists. Scientists *can* disagree.

There is no such thing as evidence of the supernatural. The supernatural is by definition not evidence-based. It is fantasy, myth, and superstition. If there was actual evidence for it we would call it natural, not supernatural. If you have evidence, show it. You could become famous overnight.

I mean...you believe in magic. You want to criticize actual science and yet you offer nothing in the way of explaining your magical creation myth.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104232 May 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that contraceptives should not be used or taught to youth. I'm saying it isn't the responsibility of a church to be the teacher.
Abstinence is absolutely the best method of contraception. And if you took abortion off the menu of answers for irresponsible teen behavior, more would practice it. I doubt it would reduce sexual activity, but it would certainly raise that awareness that they will be forced to deal with the consequences (something not taught to youth as much as it should be).
But you keep banking on contraceptives as if it is the silver bullet. Did you see the statistic on the percentage of abortions that occurred that claim they USED contraceptives and they didn't work?
Wrong.

Humans have sex drive. Teenagers have TONS of sex drive. They are going to f*ck.

Taking abortion off the menu is a recipe for unwanted babies.

You gonna raise 'em? Or just baptize them after they die?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104233 May 20, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is way different than when you say God exists...
Again, the level of irony is over 9000. I've almost decided that you are a troll trying to make all Christians look bad by association.
Show me ONE POST where I have said God Exists, Also show me where I have stated I'm a Christian.

Funny how the Crockhead can't answer my simple question. So Umm how about you answer it since you are putting your 2 cents worth on this post.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104234 May 20, 2013
Here ya go, I'll help you out... My very first post is #104066. In all my posts show me where I posted god exists... show me where I've stated my beliefs. I'll wait till you play catch up
Jesus

Glasgow, KY

#104235 May 20, 2013
The bible is a joke. Let science run our nation

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104236 May 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That's the f'ing TWILIGHT ZONE.
Blame is a reaction, not a solution. Do you blame someone for kiting a check to feed their children or pay rent? Society says yes. Do you prosecute "too big to fail" bankers? Society says no.
Wow I butchered that in my haste. I meant to say "can you blame". And I meant it sarcastic. Man LOL. I messed that all over. I need a mulligan.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104237 May 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that. Unlike DW, many moralists object to the teaching of preventative methods and protections.
Orlando public schools built a shiny new high rise for their offices. The school board paid $50,000 for an 'abstinence only' course out of Texas and paid the company's spokesperson's way to make a presentation to the board. The course stressed 2 things - the "Chastity Pledge" for the girls and graphic presentations of STDs and abortions. It did not mention any form of birth control. The VERY FIRST TIME the pristine auditorium was used in this "Educational Leadership Center", her speech revolved around the phrase "Education is not the answer."
Does that kind of program work? What is the percentage of married couples who have had premarital sex?
That sounds like a waste of money.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104238 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I am rather bored and since I agreed with you twice may as well hit this with you.
The ethical implications of abortion work in so many directions, the definition of life is so inaccurate as well, and there are so many factors to determine if an abortion is necessary or not, to simply outlaw it would be taking any and all blame for yourself. But to leave it to the woman and her medical physician to decide makes them responsible for making the correct choice, and there are cases in which an abortion will save the life of the woman. Without medical science most fetuses never live, they are either stillborn or aborted naturally, often when the woman's body is at risk to carry to term it will abort the fetus as well. Medical science has made it so finding these cases is easy, but not until the natural abortion has been suppressed, thus placing the woman in danger. If your god was real, it's basically defying your god's own will at that point, if you want to put it all existential.
So the question is this, what gives you any more of a right to deny nature (or your god's will) than the woman?
This is a good post which I find interesting, thank you for sharing your views/opinions

“pervinco per logica”

#104239 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me ONE POST where I have said God Exists, Also show me where I have stated I'm a Christian.
Funny how the Crockhead can't answer my simple question. So Umm how about you answer it since you are putting your 2 cents worth on this post.
Matthew 10:33, you scumbag hypocrite. You'd better be repenting and acknowledging that I am correct.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104240 May 20, 2013
There is only one point which I would like you to address... that being:{ Without medical science most fetuses never live, they are either stillborn or aborted naturally,}
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104241 May 20, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 10:33, you scumbag hypocrite. You'd better be repenting and acknowledging that I am correct.
You know I don't know what that verse is; why not post it here...I DIDN'T WRITE THE BIBLE... Again SHOW me where I stated I am a Christian! I'm still waiting!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104242 May 20, 2013
I asked you to do a simple task. YOU mad bro??? Show me where in ALL MY POST that I have stated I am a Christian, Show me by posting the #
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104243 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I don't know what that verse is; why not post it here...I DIDN'T WRITE THE BIBLE... Again SHOW me where I stated I am a Christian! I'm still waiting!
You Lazy A$$ Piece of Sh$t...if you don't want to look up all my post and PROVE me wrong, Then how about YOU admit you made a horrible mistake, offer your apologies, and go about your merry way. What a waste of breath and space you are!!

“pervinco per logica”

#104244 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are also LEGIONS (and others), I know you've told people that you believe in God, I know you know what Bible verse I'm listing, etc. etc.. The only things I don't know is why you're so stupid that you'd think I wouldn't know these things or why you would deny your God in front of others.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104245 May 20, 2013
These are not difficult requests: Chrome can you give me an answer to this question[ explain in your opinion how the religious compliment of society blames young adults for being a jumbled mess of hormones ] being as you stated this as fact. and 2nd... Umm ... Post where I WROTE that I am a Christian or that God exists. If you can't supply me with an answer then just say so, it's not that difficult.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104246 May 20, 2013
Ok first of all I am not LEGIONS and yes I have since you typing that verse looked it up , so to answer your question. I am not a Christian, I probably break more commandments than anyone here.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104247 May 20, 2013
You continue to prove yourself wrong in every post. Admit your mistakes. Offer your apologies and move on.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104248 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Oh the people understand the consequences of their actions ,they just choose to ignore it. For the second part, explain in your opinion how the religious compliment of society blames young adults for being a jumbled mess of hormones?
I'm entitled to opinion, am I not?
I should pick and choose which religious blogs for you to read? Should I edit them, take them out of context or misquote them? I'd rather not. Religions, be they Christian, Muslim or other, are the self-titled yardsticks of morality - a yardstick society has never measured up to in their eyes and never will. It is cliche, but still a truism that established generations will look at their successors, shake their heads and pronounce "These young people today...."

“pervinco per logica”

#104249 May 20, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pikeville, KY
Where exactly were you raised to witness these things firsthand? I am not a "cult" as you say, and you have no right to assume my beliefs are. Furthermore I am not FORCING my beliefs on ANYONE. It is everyone's personal choice to whom they serve and what their beliefs are.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pikeville, KY
Why are you addressing that to me? I KNOW LOL in a Suit is STUPID and now I know you are blissfully STUPID too! If all you have in your "battle armour" of wits is to make an ironic statement; what exactly have you proven other then your ultimate stupidity in the dicussion!
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Pikeville, KY
Ok first of all I am not LEGIONS and yes I have since you typing that verse looked it up , so to answer your question. I am not a Christian, I probably break more commandments than anyone here.
Sounds legit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family Resource Center 15 min Hello 8
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 45 min Dena 3,791
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 46 min Dena 814
Homemade canned Vegetables for sale? (Jul '11) 1 hr MissM 14
Ralph smith 1 hr jackie 1
Narhan Parks 2 hr WonderingEyes 12
Cheating husband alert 2 hr NoGod 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages