Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,481 - 99,500 of 130,287 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
It is a well-known axiom in debate that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it; if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position. One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.
Just a bit of FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!
So then why do creationists and religious people constantly attack everyone else while ignoring their mistakes?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

For quite some time now this "do whut" person has been putting his/her opinions OUT THERE. It's not his/her problem you cannot grasp / understand their meaning! How about you stop slinging slurs at this person!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

BTW.....ummm

It is a well-known axiom in debate that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it; if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position. One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.

stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

I don't know of anyone that is perfect.. I've saw both sides attack , and both sides have mistakes...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

I enjoy reading these post BOTH sides present, but when the debate gets out of control and it becomes a mud slinging tirade of slurs , the point then gets lost in all the muck and noone benefits

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
BTW.....ummm
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/

BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why do creationists and religious people constantly attack everyone else while ignoring their mistakes?
Are you suggesting you've never made a mistake or attacked anyone here?

The only advice I can give TO BOTH P.O.V's. is this: Present a Rock Solid Case, but if your position consists of gaps, loop holes, or even some doubt ADMIT IT and move on. Discuss both pro and con arguments in a civil manner. Isn't this whole thread (thats been going on for 3 years now) about bringing those "fence squatters" to your way of thinking? If that is not the ultimate goal here; then by all means tell me what it is.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/
BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
This post is NEUTRAL and btw YOU'VE NOT PRESENTED YOUR OWN THOUGHTS EITHER... SO THANK YOU IDIOT!!!! KEEP UP THE SLURS , AND YOU'VE NEVER BEEN NICE TO ANYONE HERE.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

All I've witnessed you do is SLAM OTHERS when they present their opinions or thoughts , because they don't conform to what YOU FEEL IS RIGHT. BUT YET YOU REFUSE TO MAKE YOUR OPINIONS KNOWN. NOW REALLY, WHO IS THE CHICKENSHIT> IN YOUR OPINION DO WHUT IS... IN MY OPINION YOU ARE
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Do tell, HOW IS THIS AN IDIOIC RANTING? GO AHEAD EXPLAIN IT... you are just mad because it explains YOU AND YOUR ANTICS TO A TEE!!!

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is NEUTRAL and btw YOU'VE NOT PRESENTED YOUR OWN THOUGHTS EITHER... SO THANK YOU IDIOT!!!! KEEP UP THE SLURS , AND YOU'VE NEVER BEEN NICE TO ANYONE HERE.
U MAD, BRO?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

NOT AT ALL..... STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO EXPLAIN THE IDIOCY OF THE POST... GO AHEAD EXPLAIN IT
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

AWW.... you can't contribute your thoughts on that one either... FIGURES.... you haven't on anything so far why start now
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

ummmmmmmmm Still waiting for the explanation ummmmmmmmmm LOL just as I figured, your mouth writes checks that your A$$ can't cover!!! UMMM llolol

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Yes, most people that go "CAPS LOCK ON!" for 4-5 posts aren't mad. They are just calmly discussing the matter at hand. Sure.

The idiocy of the post was secondary to the fact that you plagiarized it from a well known cesspool of creationist retardation and spewed it at me as if you were clever and I'd never figure out that the true source wasn't some mouth-breather from near Pikeville. Well, firstly, only a stupid person would think that little tidbit is clever (or even relevant). Secondly, if you can't do better, you're an idiot.

Now, to the idiocy of the post:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
BTW.....ummm
It is a well-known axiom in debate
Well known by who? Based on what? Stupid statement of personal opinion (and not even yours) as universal.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it
Abysmally stupid. If you have a strong case, relax. Destroy your opposition. They have nothing to say to you. You don't have to waste your damn time over-proving your case. They can fire away and you will be unscathed.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position.
What kind of monkey wrote this garbage? Oh, wait... I know. A creationist nutball preacher that likes to claim to be a scientist.

If your case is weak, you are much better served by introducing ambiguity into your position (allowing you room to flee from attacks without stepping on your own toes) and redirecting/avoiding/ignoring the questions of your opposition than attempting to attack a stronger case and getting embarrassed. If you are good enough at this tactic, you may confuse your opposition or frustrate them into giving up (or, in a public forum, you may rally a significant following of morons that clutter up the thread so much that any useful discussion is lost).
stuck in a lodi wrote:
One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.
Again, if you're already in possession of a strong position, you gain nothing by "building a positive case". Destroy your opponents position, crush their counters simply by stating the basis of your strong position. Strong positions stand on their own, no bolstering or bullsh!t required.

And the best part of it all? It doesn't apply in ANY way to me. I haven't stated my position (or even asserted that I have a position on this topic). I haven't stated that I disagree with theirs. I am simply asking for clarification and getting rejected. And trolling you for being such an idiot.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

you are the idiot, you refuse to state your opinion because you are a chickenshit,, you'd rather crucify anyone that has an opinion(THAT ISN'T AFRAID TO PUT IT OUT THERE unlike yourself) that does not conform to your UNPUBLICIZED POSITION.

Well known by who? Based on what? Stupid statement of personal opinion (and not even yours) as universal..... ANSWER..Well known by Everyone who has been on a debate team!!!stuck in a lodi wrote:
that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it
Abysmally stupid. If you have a strong case, relax. Destroy your opposition. They have nothing to say to you. You don't have to waste your damn time over-proving your case. They can fire away and you will be unscathed..... ANSWER ... It's obvious you know nothing about the procedure or etiquette of debating.

If your case is weak, you are much better served by introducing ambiguity into your position (allowing you room to flee from attacks without stepping on your own toes) and than attempting to attack a stronger case and getting embarrassed. If you are good enough at this tactic, you may confuse your opposition or frustrate them into giving up (or, in a public forum, you may rally a significant following of morons that clutter up the thread so much that any useful discussion is lost)...... ANSWER.... FINALLY , you post exactly what you've been doing on this very thread!!!! ummm

WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVEN'T STATED YOUR OPINIONS, OR POSITIONS.....(please insert here your own argument) redirecting/avoiding/ignoring the questions of your opposition ..... lololol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

For Your Information Ummm the reason I posted that paragraph AT THAT TIME was because someone had put 2 links on their post and I was reading that particular one at the time you were constantly calling names and dodging "do whut's" questions JUST LIKE Mr. O in the Racine Debate!!!! IT WAS POSTED JUST FOR YOU! you remind me of a child throwing a fit and stomping their feet saying : I don't have to answer you, but you have to answer me, you see those rules apply ONLY to you , not to me because I'm special!

I've noticed everytime you begin to post on this thread it suddenly goes silent.... WHY....because everyone here grows tired of your twaddle. Either you state your position to those you are addressing or STOP INSISTING OF OTHERS TO DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CLEARLY DON'T HAVE THE BACKBONE TO DO YOURSELF!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

revieleb wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously,are either a careless reader,or lack comprehension.
See what he said ,previous to his quote,and see mwhat he said ,after his quote.Show me what is out of context
-
Yes, I read it all. And I've read Demon Haunted World.

Neither this review nor that book support your position. This guy is saying that science leads us to some weird ideas that defy common sense. Take quantum physics as an example. A thing can exist in a "superposition"? The determination of the nature of a particle in one location can immediately determine the nature of a particle miles away? Weird stuff.

He isn't saying that it's wrong. He's saying that there is a problem of communication with the public to some degree.

For a conservative Christian your ideas can be summed up on a bumpter sticker. But science is not that pithy. It takes work to understand it. One thing builds on another. And sometimes it doesn't seem intuitively true.

The quote is used out of context and incomplete on Creationist websites because, if you are a complete idiot, it *sounds* vaguely like this guy is an opponent of science. Yet nothing could be farther from the truth.

But truth is not really a component of Creationism, so who cares, right?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,this is curious,,Not posting from my computer.
So you don't think I was changing nicks,in order to support my views,like some people do...
Research Ceorge Caylor,,,obviously did not do a good job
I went to the website of the magazine that the article came from. I searched for his name within their site. It did not find his name. That doesn't mean the article is fake, it just means this guy isn't a big enough deal for them to mention him or carry any of his stuff on their website.

Yeah, so Caylor is a right wing nutjob. I know that. He's a party line conservathug and a religious zealot. And the article is highly likely to be a total fake.

But hey, if it's a real article all it really means is there is a scientist out there who is also a Creationist. It happens. There are several of them.

So what?
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet without medical assistance, nature aborts a hundred times more than purposeful. Medical science is the only reason most human offspring are even born alive. Medical science is the only reason most of those are healthy enough to live even longer. Medical abortion is just undoing what medical science has done.
Bull stuffing!
Does it hurt your head when you tell non-truths?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,044
Missy Lake 1 hr Question 1
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 2 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Jealous Person 3,474
Charmaine 5 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 5 hr Booneville Man 1
Lesb or Bi 5 hr Looking 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••