Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148848 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104274 May 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong. Sorry, but you are wrong. There are times and places to promote good things. Church is not there to promote all of them. Church is there to promote faith in God.
Eating your green vegetables and your fruits is good too, but I don't go to church to hear about that.
Your church spent a lot of time effort and money on prop 8. Now keep running from this point. We see you running and we see your priorities.
Urging contraception should be a priority.
And looking at the numbers of obese people in churches, maybe they should teach a bit about eating more vegetables and less bread.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104275 May 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan Komen foundation: does marvelously good things for people. No mention of contraceptives.
Jerry's telethon and the MDA: fabulous good things for disabled people. No mention of contraceptives.
Leap Frog, the Wiggles, Barney: promote early education and child development. No mention of contraceptives.
DARE program: major advancement in the 80's to educate the dangers of drugs to kids. No mention of contraceptives.
LDS Church: one of the largest behind the scenes contributors to disaster relief and poverty. Brings people closer to Jesus Christ. Makes a strong promotion of abstinence from sex outside the bonds of marriage. Made a stance that contraceptives are appropriate until ready to have children.
Your argument fails
If your church is worries about abortions, I would think it would be proactive with contraceptive teaching.
Your excuses are getting more and more irrelevant.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104276 May 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement was apparently missing a word or two. Read it again. You said:
Contraceptives are a path to unwanted pregnancies.
Are you sure you didn't mean: contraceptives are a path to PREVENT unwanted pregnancies?
Hence my confusion. Your sentence is opposite of the point you have been making.
I agree that contraceptives PREVENT unwanted pregnancies, but that isn't what you said.
So you agree that contraception is a path to slowing unwanted pregnancies? Great, now quit wasting time and effort complaining about my mistake in writing and promote what is good to slow unwanted pregnancies. If abortions are the result of unwanted pregnancies, this should be the logical conclusion. Yet you have a variety of excuses for you and your church to leave it off the priority list.
Wow

Henderson, KY

#104277 May 21, 2013
Sue wrote:
Our school was founded on beliefs of the bible. Schools began in churches. How could it be wrong to teach morals? To me, it's unconstitutional to not teach what our founding fathers believed so much in.
Not everyone is the same religion or believes in religions. Religion shouldn't be in public schools, period. No one should be forced to practice or believe in someone they don't believe in or don't want to believe in.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104278 May 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Great day, and "Wisdom" to you all!
Y Thank you , and same to you. You are such an "upbeat person" I find that quite refreshing!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104279 May 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The foolishness of human wisdom cotinues to rear it's ugly head.
They believe that by denying God's existence and refusing to acknowledge any evidence that points to His existence...
What evidence?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#104280 May 21, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"woman and her medical physician"
You mean people like Kermit Gosnell???
Gosnell: Lady, your toenail is purple... we have to kill your baby!
Hump, n dump!
Funny how you all have to lie about people to make yourself feel better.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#104281 May 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No... I don't lie any more...
Honesty is a side effect of Salvation, I could no more
purposely lie to you, than I could lie to God!
Funny thing is....
If I told you, that I seen a UFO...
You'd be all into that, and believe whatever I told you!
Something way more important, and your not willing to
SEEK Him yourself???
You don't WANT the Truth about anything, as it
would shine light on you, and you cannot have that!
Of course I would not doubt you have seen an unidentified flying object, but if you claimed that UFO was an alien spececraft, I'd ask for verifiable and demonstrable evidence.

This is just gold, you just accused me of something that no one on here who knows me even a little would try to accuse me of, because I have already told a "I was visited by aliens" deluded one the same thing I am telling you now:

You made it all up. It's all in your head just because you are too lazy to actually study anything about reality. There has been no evidence supporting your religion, your religion is myth because of that. Have fun with your imaginary friend you call god, try to ask him for a brain.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104282 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say that everyone with a KY address is me? Paranoid much? So I guess on that basis I can assume everyone with a hidden address are all the same people too!
No, I think that you're probably the only idiot within 20 miles of Pikeville that would come on here and type in the same manner, gargling the privates of the same people, and generally being a moron. Coolest thing about it is that you can't prove me wrong. You've already established, under your current name, that you are neither agnostic nor atheist. That doesn't leave much room for me to be wrong about my previous statements. Unless you're Buddhist or something. You can lie and tell me something like that, if you wish.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104283 May 21, 2013
Not only does contraceptions (i.e. condoms) prevent unwanted pregnancies, it also prevents getting some kind of disease Ajax or clorox won't wash off! If for nothing else, shouldn't we all practice safe sex just on that point alone. Why bring a religious aspect into the mix. I have children; as most baby boomers and older generations do, I will encourage them to be safe and practice safe sex because in my opinion the other (don't have sex till after your married) is just unrealistic in this day and age! Although I encourage the ladder, I don't expect them to listen.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104284 May 21, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that you're probably the only idiot within 20 miles of Pikeville that would come on here and type in the same manner, gargling the privates of the same people, and generally being a moron. Coolest thing about it is that you can't prove me wrong. You've already established, under your current name, that you are neither agnostic nor atheist. That doesn't leave much room for me to be wrong about my previous statements. Unless you're Buddhist or something. You can lie and tell me something like that, if you wish.
I was just gettin started with those 6, I can go back and show you hundreds of more posts where people type with the same manner as myself, all those people are morons too? Yeah I'd be calling other people morons too If I were a dulusional freak like you! I guess I'm all those hundreds of people too. What is Cool is you are a Total Idiot and a Paranoid Skitzo! Did you remember to take your Meds this a.m.?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104285 May 21, 2013
Hey Y'all Ummm's awake. Let's see all the "judge it" icons pop up from the skitzo!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104286 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Hold on! I forgot something, I was just gettin started with those 6, I can go back and show you hundreds of more posts where people type with the same manner as myself, all those people are morons too? Yeah I'd be calling other people morons too If I were a dulusional freak like you! I guess I'm all those hundreds of people too. What is Cool is you are a Total Idiot and a Paranoid Skitzo! AND YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG! Did you remember to take your Meds this a.m.?
ok. now I'm done .
lol
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#104287 May 21, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Do me a favor. Before you post, paste your text on this website:
http://www.grammarly.com/...
It will tell you where your grammar is wrong. You do not understand where to put commas and it drives me insane.
Regarding the god stuff, I don't care. We put people on the god-damned Moon. We got rid of polio and smallpox. We cracked the genetic code. We didn't do any of it with Bibles.
Yes,all great achievements Scientific Achievements
And how was that accomplished?
Guided by our limited Intelligence,man was able to device,design and enact plans that accomplished those goals.
They were not coincidences and can be naturally explained.
Compare that to Science and Evolution's foolish attempts to explain the creation of the Universe and life as we know it by describing these events as having been caused by a series of unwitnesssed, unexplainable coincidences that may have taken place billions of years ago ,guided by nonintelligent and nonliving matter .

And all this,in a futile effort to deny God's existence.
And we know why they are unwilling to explore any possibility that points to God's existence.
God is alive and well and will continue to exist forever,regardless of how many people deny his existence.

Wishful thinking has lead Scientists Evolutionists and Atheists to reach some obviously foolish conclusions...
Your wisdom has failed you
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104288 May 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No I did not see the stat, but what does the stat mean? It tells me that some kids were not urged to use them as they should have been. Maybe someone felt it was not their job to urge the use of contraceptives.
When I say teach, I really mean urge, as most know something about contraceptives.
Quote from an actual conversation of females discussing "personal responsibility" and contraception. You might find the first line of this one as "stupifying" as I did.

Female 1: but "I" used contraception, t(HE) condom just bwoke.

Female 2: Um okay...while nodding quietly, while scientifically thinking about assuming actual PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for such-

.o0..Ummmm...really...well golly gee...whoDUH ever thunk such a thing.
----------
Why SOME might appreciate the LOGIC of REAL "personal responsibility" of personal coverage in 99 percent effectiveness, in COMBINATION with ADDED coverage of disease control.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104289 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Not only does contraceptions (i.e. condoms) prevent unwanted pregnancies, it also prevents getting some kind of disease Ajax or clorox won't wash off! If for nothing else, shouldn't we all practice safe sex just on that point alone. Why bring a religious aspect into the mix. I have children; as most baby boomers and older generations do, I will encourage them to be safe and practice safe sex because in my opinion the other (don't have sex till after your married) is just unrealistic in this day and age! Although I encourage the ladder, I don't expect them to listen.
Then you should realize condoms are NOT all that of an effective means of of birth control and should have No issue in promoting that standard of PERSONAL accountability AND responsibility-- for BOTH genders-NOT just one!!!
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#104290 May 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Hold on! I forgot something, I was just gettin started with those 6, I can go back and show you hundreds of more posts where people type with the same manner as myself, all those people are morons too? Yeah I'd be calling other people morons too If I were a dulusional freak like you! I guess I'm all those hundreds of people too. What is Cool is you are a Total Idiot and a Paranoid Skitzo! AND YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG! Did you remember to take your Meds this a.m.?
ok. now I'm done .
lol
Did you remember to promote girls taking personal responsibility for themselves and taking THEIR birth control today?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104291 May 21, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should realize condoms are NOT all that of an effective means of of birth control and should have No issue in promoting that standard of PERSONAL accountability AND responsibility-- for BOTH genders-NOT just one!!!
I did not say it was 100% fool-proof. The majority of people who put the condom on in the correct manner do not experience "bursting or breakage". My point is; it's better than having no protection and risking such diseases.

For your second point, I said I encourage NO SEX UNTIL AFTER MARRIAGE, what part of that did you not understand? But I'm not going to pretend to be stupid in thinking that they will marry as a virgin! It is my responsibility as a parent to teach them SEX ED 101. for both genders!
Doodle

Horse Cave, KY

#104292 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence?
Well apparently you do have doubts my friend or why else would you be on here even talking and naming someone whom you say doesn't even exist! I do believe you believe He exist or else you really wouldn't even want to debate it. You wouldn't even be on here if you weren't curious and that's the real truth!
social butterfly

United States

#104293 May 21, 2013
This world is crashing around us as people keep cutting God out of everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 41 min Plueeezzzee 4
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 52 min Shame 12
What happened with Jojo Ore in court today 52 min Judge 5
amber brock (Oct '09) 2 hr lol at funny 39
All pallet auction is return CRAP Beware !! 2 hr Mad buyer 16
Liquor sales or kids welfare ? CHOICE ! 3 hr BHS mom 4
School board member chooses liquor over KIDS ! 4 hr Voter 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages