Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,567

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
So true

United States

#104168 May 20, 2013
There is always a new day, for things to change. If giving up was the only opition we had, we all would have wrote life off sometime ago.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#104169 May 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it a church's job to promote education of birth control? This is a parent's job, or perhaps a school system arguably. Church isn't for teaching how not to get pregnant. I can't figure out where your head is on this one. The LDS church has said what its stance is on it. What further would you expect?
I do not dictate what jobs the church wishes to participate in, it does. And it chooses not to do what is good to reduce abortions.
It does chose to protest gay marriage. We see the priorities of your church and see it as poor.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104170 May 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The actions He performs requires the priesthood. Males are given the opportunity to hold the priesthood because they need it. Women have been said not to need it. They have the potential to be more righteous by nature. You don't really care so I won't go any deeper.
I have avoided nothing. I have always answered every question, you just don't like the answer, you just like to pick me apart to make me appear stupid.
And if you mean by "promoting" that leaders have conversations about its appropriateness, yes they do. It is rarely a topic at the pulpit, but bishops have these conversations with youth and newly married couples quite regularly so they can plan their lives and become properly prepared to start a family. But if you are asking if we stand at the pulpit and talk about the importance of birth control. No, we choose to talk about the things that bring is closer to Christ.
So do they tell them contraception is good?

I see your churches stance on females being in the priesthood the same as I see the way your church handled black persons in the priesthood.
Your church is just set in the bigoted ways of old. Someday it will catch up to the good morality of society.
This proves to me your church is not the true church. No good moral god would condone bigotry such as this.
Goodheart

Somerset, KY

#104171 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate life so much, why do you live?
That's an ugly thing to say to anyone. Please see a "learn to have some compassion and humanity" counselor.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104172 May 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not frustrated,I have found my answer.
I live very comfortably,confident in the fact that,MY GOD LIVES.
I do not hang my beliefs on studying old bones,rocks and theories of events that no one witnessed,no one can explain or duplicate,in the HOPE that someday this may all be explained...
That is blind faith....based on Science Fiction...
But,keep seeking,that which you seek,may come to you after all
You know that man has an intelligence that can figure out things like a murder when no one witnessed the murder?
You demean the intelligence capabilities of man. Man can see into bones and learn of the past. You refuse to accept the reality. You demean this science and any science like it. This is a massive problem in our society. It is a major reason I protest religion. I will continue to make a priority to protest religion as long as bad like this come from religion. You and your ilk is why I protest religion.
Goodheart

Somerset, KY

#104173 May 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do they tell them contraception is good?
I see your churches stance on females being in the priesthood the same as I see the way your church handled black persons in the priesthood.
Your church is just set in the bigoted ways of old. Someday it will catch up to the good morality of society.
This proves to me your church is not the true church. No good moral god would condone bigotry such as this.
Recent televised airings don't portray a very enticing picture of that specific religion. At least not the extreme versions of it, and when held up to US civil codes, the term bigamy is more like it. One has to question the sanity of any "practice" where such extreme expectations put upon one person(s), exempts any logical rationality.

As if just supplying food enough, for just a few, isn't WORK enough?

Kind of "whacked in the membranes" type stuff, to some of us anyway, with out a doubt.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104174 May 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You said this:
"And yet it is the conservative front that resents spending money on education and benefits for children - even for food. Love the fetus, ignore the child?"
Did you mean something else?
You are either on the side of promoting what is good, or you are not.
The republicans are not promoting policies that lead to less abortions, democrats do.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104175 May 20, 2013
Goodheart wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an ugly thing to say to anyone. Please see a "learn to have some compassion and humanity" counselor.
You expect me to show compassion to someone who hates life that belongs to a group which has shown me nothing but hatred and contempt for 40 years? That aside, I stated a fact, if they hate life, why live it?
Goodheart

Somerset, KY

#104176 May 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do they tell them contraception is good?
Contraception is good-especially for those who do not wish to do the WORK themselves, required in feeding/raising others!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104177 May 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Contraception is a path to unwanted pregnancies? What?
Please show me again why it is a church's responsibility.
Yes it is and how can dispute this? Guess your church teaches you otherwise?
Clearly if you cannot even understand how contraception prevents pregnancies that are not wanted, you will not promote birth control. Guess your church feels the same.
Goodheart

Somerset, KY

#104178 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect me to show compassion to someone who hates life that belongs to a group which has shown me nothing but hatred and contempt for 40 years? That aside, I stated a fact, if they hate life, why live it?
Seek counseling. It's NOT normal to disdain and "hate" others like that, especially for just viewing things differently.

Not at all.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104179 May 20, 2013
Goodheart wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek counseling. It's NOT normal to disdain and "hate" others like that, especially for just viewing things differently.
Not at all.
Really? So you admit that religious people need to be institutionalized.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104180 May 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not frustrated,I have found my answer.
I live very comfortably,confident in the fact that,MY GOD LIVES.
I do not hang my beliefs on studying old bones,rocks and theories of events that no one witnessed,no one can explain or duplicate,in the HOPE that someday this may all be explained...
That is blind faith....based on Science Fiction...
But,keep seeking,that which you seek,may come to you after all
Evolution is considered a fact among science. You call it fiction and have the nerve to deny you demean science?
My atheism does not hinge upon evolution. Have have many reasons for my disbelief in you deity. I write about them daily here. Have you failed to remember the reasons?
Goodheart

Somerset, KY

#104181 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So you admit that religious people need to be institutionalized.
No-I am not that ignorant.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104182 May 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha...
You said "Clueless"....
We know God is real, and you call us Clueless???
Ladies and gentlemen, I submit exhibit A.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104183 May 20, 2013
Goodheart wrote:
<quoted text>
Contraception is good-especially for those who do not wish to do the WORK themselves, required in feeding/raising others!

Not at all.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104184 May 20, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>stuck in a lodi wrote, "For Your Information Ummm the reason I posted that paragraph AT THAT TIME was because someone had put 2 links on their post and I was reading that particular one at the time you were constantly calling names and dodging "do whut's" questions JUST LIKE Mr. O in the Racine Debate!!!! IT WAS POSTED JUST FOR YOU! you remind me of a child throwing a fit and stomping their feet saying : I don't have to answer you, but you have to answer me, you see those rules apply ONLY to you , not to me because I'm special!
I've noticed everytime you begin to post on this thread it suddenly goes silent.... WHY....because everyone here grows tired of your twaddle. Either you state your position to those you are addressing or STOP INSISTING OF OTHERS TO DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CLEARLY DON'T HAVE THE BACKBONE TO DO YOURSELF!"

It's good to see that you're still not mad, and that you're completely capable of understanding my words and writing a coherent response.

Oh, wait...
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I have answered thoroughly my thoughts on abortion and have not held back. Call me whatever name you want, but anyone reading this knows exactly how I feel about the topic. If you still don't know, the problem is you.
Lets hear your thoughts now. Make it public. If you can't, then stop attempting to tear down others' stances. "

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
What evasion?"

Not held back? What evasion? I asked you ANOTHER specific set of questions, none of which you've answered, and you're all "If you still don't know, the problem is you."

NO. I still don't know because I don't tend to guess at the unknowns in another persons position, as doing that would result in constantly putting words in other people's mouths. I don't want to do that. So I ask questions. And you won't answer them:

_Ummm_ wrote, "When is abortion OK? Is it ever fine to terminate a pregnancy after an egg has been fertilized, in what cases, and why? Is an extremely high probability of a short life filled with pain and suffering a better thing than simply having a very short life with no pain and suffering? Is the body, life, and livelihood of a pregnant rape victim more or less important than a cluster of a few hundred cells sitting in her uterine wall?"

Besides simple being rude, which you like to claim not to be, it's self defeating if you are actually interested in putting the whole of your beliefs on this subject out there.

And what world do you live in where people asking questions have to throw up their opinions on a topic? Because reality doesn't work like that. Especially if one doesn't think that there is sufficient evidence to support a decision one way or the other. So, no, you don't get to force me to assert some opinion here. It's you that climbed on the soapbox, not me. And now that you're there, please clarify your position so that I can determine if it's consistent, if there's any value in it, or if there's anything I can learn from it. It shouldn't be hard, but you are making it exceedingly so.

The only conclusion I can draw thus far is that you probably haven't put sufficient thought into the topic to answer me, and you just wanted to talk loudly about something. I guess I'll see.
What did you ask that I didn't answer? I must have fallen asleep halfway through your long posts. Haha
I didn't intentionally not answer, sorry. Please ask again

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104185 May 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you ask that I didn't answer? I must have fallen asleep halfway through your long posts. Haha
I didn't intentionally not answer, sorry. Please ask again
I just quoted it there again.

"When is abortion OK? Is it ever fine to terminate a pregnancy after an egg has been fertilized, in what cases, and why? Is an extremely high probability of a short life filled with pain and suffering a better thing than simply having a very short life with no pain and suffering? Is the body, life, and livelihood of a pregnant rape victim more or less important than a cluster of a few hundred cells sitting in her uterine wall?"

I've seen no complete answers for these, and I've looked at every post.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104186 May 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> SINCE YOU ARE AN IDIOT... I will explain my use of CAPS... I do so to place Emphasis on something I am expressing. IDIOT
Where your caps are on, all I hear/read is fanatical yelling. You emphasize by yelling. Caps lock is known for yelling. You do not make societies rules.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#104187 May 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The basis for my beliefs are important to me and you know what they are.
What continues to puzzle me is'Why are the Atheists so concerned about why and what I believe in.
You don't believe in God,you claim my beliefs are based on magic or delusions,yet you keep enquiring..
Some have stated that they do so because of Bible study rules and other excuses...That has nothing to do with the reasons for my faith...
Obviously,you/they are looking for something else,which you/they are unable to explain.
I think I understand why..
If you want an answer,then I have to understand the basis for your question?
Based on what I understand to be your need,I will answer accordingly as best I can
We tell you the answer to this post daily, yet you fail to get it.
Lets start again with my number one beef with you. You demean science due to your religious beliefs. I think this hurts our society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheap bankruptcy lawyer 13 min not cheap 2
Amanda Jordan 16 min mizzthang 16
has anyone found a male fox hound with a red co... 1 hr love to know 10
Barbourville utilities 1 hr Flunkies 8
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 365
3 sum 2 hr Big J 5
Gary Williams NO MORE FREE COFFEE 3 hr Mom 6
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match