Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,867

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104088 May 18, 2013
It is a well-known axiom in debate that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it; if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position. One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.

Just a bit of FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

Do tell, HOW IS THIS AN IDIOIC RANTING? GO AHEAD EXPLAIN IT... you are just mad because it explains YOU AND YOUR ANTICS TO A TEE!!!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104089 May 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is NEUTRAL and btw YOU'VE NOT PRESENTED YOUR OWN THOUGHTS EITHER... SO THANK YOU IDIOT!!!! KEEP UP THE SLURS , AND YOU'VE NEVER BEEN NICE TO ANYONE HERE.
U MAD, BRO?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104090 May 19, 2013
NOT AT ALL..... STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO EXPLAIN THE IDIOCY OF THE POST... GO AHEAD EXPLAIN IT
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104091 May 19, 2013
AWW.... you can't contribute your thoughts on that one either... FIGURES.... you haven't on anything so far why start now
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104092 May 19, 2013
ummmmmmmmm Still waiting for the explanation ummmmmmmmmm LOL just as I figured, your mouth writes checks that your A$$ can't cover!!! UMMM llolol

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104093 May 19, 2013
Yes, most people that go "CAPS LOCK ON!" for 4-5 posts aren't mad. They are just calmly discussing the matter at hand. Sure.

The idiocy of the post was secondary to the fact that you plagiarized it from a well known cesspool of creationist retardation and spewed it at me as if you were clever and I'd never figure out that the true source wasn't some mouth-breather from near Pikeville. Well, firstly, only a stupid person would think that little tidbit is clever (or even relevant). Secondly, if you can't do better, you're an idiot.

Now, to the idiocy of the post:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
BTW.....ummm
It is a well-known axiom in debate
Well known by who? Based on what? Stupid statement of personal opinion (and not even yours) as universal.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it
Abysmally stupid. If you have a strong case, relax. Destroy your opposition. They have nothing to say to you. You don't have to waste your damn time over-proving your case. They can fire away and you will be unscathed.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position.
What kind of monkey wrote this garbage? Oh, wait... I know. A creationist nutball preacher that likes to claim to be a scientist.

If your case is weak, you are much better served by introducing ambiguity into your position (allowing you room to flee from attacks without stepping on your own toes) and redirecting/avoiding/ignoring the questions of your opposition than attempting to attack a stronger case and getting embarrassed. If you are good enough at this tactic, you may confuse your opposition or frustrate them into giving up (or, in a public forum, you may rally a significant following of morons that clutter up the thread so much that any useful discussion is lost).
stuck in a lodi wrote:
One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.
Again, if you're already in possession of a strong position, you gain nothing by "building a positive case". Destroy your opponents position, crush their counters simply by stating the basis of your strong position. Strong positions stand on their own, no bolstering or bullsh!t required.

And the best part of it all? It doesn't apply in ANY way to me. I haven't stated my position (or even asserted that I have a position on this topic). I haven't stated that I disagree with theirs. I am simply asking for clarification and getting rejected. And trolling you for being such an idiot.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104094 May 19, 2013
you are the idiot, you refuse to state your opinion because you are a chickenshit,, you'd rather crucify anyone that has an opinion(THAT ISN'T AFRAID TO PUT IT OUT THERE unlike yourself) that does not conform to your UNPUBLICIZED POSITION.

Well known by who? Based on what? Stupid statement of personal opinion (and not even yours) as universal..... ANSWER..Well known by Everyone who has been on a debate team!!!stuck in a lodi wrote:
that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it
Abysmally stupid. If you have a strong case, relax. Destroy your opposition. They have nothing to say to you. You don't have to waste your damn time over-proving your case. They can fire away and you will be unscathed..... ANSWER ... It's obvious you know nothing about the procedure or etiquette of debating.

If your case is weak, you are much better served by introducing ambiguity into your position (allowing you room to flee from attacks without stepping on your own toes) and than attempting to attack a stronger case and getting embarrassed. If you are good enough at this tactic, you may confuse your opposition or frustrate them into giving up (or, in a public forum, you may rally a significant following of morons that clutter up the thread so much that any useful discussion is lost)...... ANSWER.... FINALLY , you post exactly what you've been doing on this very thread!!!! ummm

WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVEN'T STATED YOUR OPINIONS, OR POSITIONS.....(please insert here your own argument) redirecting/avoiding/ignoring the questions of your opposition ..... lololol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104095 May 19, 2013
For Your Information Ummm the reason I posted that paragraph AT THAT TIME was because someone had put 2 links on their post and I was reading that particular one at the time you were constantly calling names and dodging "do whut's" questions JUST LIKE Mr. O in the Racine Debate!!!! IT WAS POSTED JUST FOR YOU! you remind me of a child throwing a fit and stomping their feet saying : I don't have to answer you, but you have to answer me, you see those rules apply ONLY to you , not to me because I'm special!

I've noticed everytime you begin to post on this thread it suddenly goes silent.... WHY....because everyone here grows tired of your twaddle. Either you state your position to those you are addressing or STOP INSISTING OF OTHERS TO DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CLEARLY DON'T HAVE THE BACKBONE TO DO YOURSELF!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104096 May 19, 2013
revieleb wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously,are either a careless reader,or lack comprehension.
See what he said ,previous to his quote,and see mwhat he said ,after his quote.Show me what is out of context
-
Yes, I read it all. And I've read Demon Haunted World.

Neither this review nor that book support your position. This guy is saying that science leads us to some weird ideas that defy common sense. Take quantum physics as an example. A thing can exist in a "superposition"? The determination of the nature of a particle in one location can immediately determine the nature of a particle miles away? Weird stuff.

He isn't saying that it's wrong. He's saying that there is a problem of communication with the public to some degree.

For a conservative Christian your ideas can be summed up on a bumpter sticker. But science is not that pithy. It takes work to understand it. One thing builds on another. And sometimes it doesn't seem intuitively true.

The quote is used out of context and incomplete on Creationist websites because, if you are a complete idiot, it *sounds* vaguely like this guy is an opponent of science. Yet nothing could be farther from the truth.

But truth is not really a component of Creationism, so who cares, right?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#104097 May 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,this is curious,,Not posting from my computer.
So you don't think I was changing nicks,in order to support my views,like some people do...
Research Ceorge Caylor,,,obviously did not do a good job
I went to the website of the magazine that the article came from. I searched for his name within their site. It did not find his name. That doesn't mean the article is fake, it just means this guy isn't a big enough deal for them to mention him or carry any of his stuff on their website.

Yeah, so Caylor is a right wing nutjob. I know that. He's a party line conservathug and a religious zealot. And the article is highly likely to be a total fake.

But hey, if it's a real article all it really means is there is a scientist out there who is also a Creationist. It happens. There are several of them.

So what?
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104098 May 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet without medical assistance, nature aborts a hundred times more than purposeful. Medical science is the only reason most human offspring are even born alive. Medical science is the only reason most of those are healthy enough to live even longer. Medical abortion is just undoing what medical science has done.
Bull stuffing!
Does it hurt your head when you tell non-truths?
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#104099 May 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
Speaking of prop 8, homosexual couples are great for adopting unwanted children.
Just another example of how religion fails to achieve the goals that are good for society.
It's funny to see you really trying to be a "Tard"... instead of just being a guy with an opinion!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104100 May 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not frustrated,I have found my answer.
I live very comfortably,confident in the fact that,MY GOD LIVES.
I do not hang my beliefs on studying old bones,rocks and theories of events that no one witnessed,no one can explain or duplicate,in the HOPE that someday this may all be explained...
That is blind faith....based on Science Fiction...
But,keep seeking,that which you seek,may come to you after all
AMEN!
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104101 May 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied with a Hindu for 2 years. Best effort I could give it.
Hahaha...
only took me a day to know Buddhism was wrong! LOL
Of course I wasn't a cheating golfer!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#104103 May 19, 2013
Seek the Lord with all of your heart!
Repent, and BE SAVED!
You WILL be glad you did!
Great day to all :-)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104104 May 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So again, you accepted what one person said without even doubting it, asking for evidence, or better, checking it out yourself. If you looked up gullible in the dictionary now, there will be a picture of you.
No. That's the 3rd Hindu I learned from. Plus books and the Internet. They don't really have services, so I did not meet in any groups. I did my due diligence. Have you?

Location hidden

#104105 May 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let's see, first this is a completely different topic ... I think, because you do not state your reasoning for this accusation I cannot tell.

Second, no I do not, your accusation is false.
I can't tell if you are back peddling, or just completely contradicting yourself

Location hidden

#104106 May 19, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>You are already "an idiot and a moron" for throwing a bunch of fairly ambiguous nonsense up and refusing to clarify when asked. I don't need you to say "exactly what" I want. You are so scared that somebody is trying to trick you into actually saying what you think... ridiculous. If you're going to present your opinion on a public forum, present it comprehensively and defend it. Don't be such a chicken sh!t when somebody asks you to clarify what your parameters are when you can't make sense without doing so.

And no, it's not "my turn" to answer questions about an opinion that I have not made public. You haven't answered anything I asked. When I feel like putting my opinions out there, I will (and I may once I understand yours). You've already started, so finish it. Quit with the pathetic diversions and non-answers.
I have answered thoroughly my thoughts on abortion and have not held back. Call me whatever name you want, but anyone reading this knows exactly how I feel about the topic. If you still don't know, the problem is you.

Lets hear your thoughts now. Make it public. If you can't, then stop attempting to tear down others' stances.

Location hidden

#104107 May 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So then why do creationists and religious people constantly attack everyone else while ignoring their mistakes?
Pot, meet kettle

Location hidden

#104108 May 19, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/

BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
What evasion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rats?? just wondering 41 min Snuffleupagu 5
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr aaa 8
truck payments 1 hr Get a life 13
To the Garland family 1 hr Just saying 1
Jesus Was Not A Jew (Aug '10) 1 hr Dan 120
missing pit bull 5 hr not joking 8
barbourville teen: snake in the grass 5 hr Tom Anderson 2
Need food badly 6 hr lol 31
Porsche mills 7 hr Info 21
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:00AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report10:57 AM
After 13 Games on the Bench, Browns Need to Show Patience with Johnny Manziel
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak
NBC Sports12:40 PM
George Iloka: We can't do what we did last week and apply it to Peyton Manning
NBC Sports 1:09 PM
A.J. Green out sick on Thursday