Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,213

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104068 May 18, 2013
Hey I tell you what! Take that post to GWB and present it to him!! That's the only person I know that started a war based on WMD hidden in sandpiles!

Then I will agree with you on the delusional and deluded people

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#104069 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Not according to most Hindus.
That's what I learned from him.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104070 May 18, 2013
Oh and another thing, if you want to talk about delusional and deluded people; I find you to be as nutty as squirrel $hit! But hey, my opinion matters to you about as much as your opinion matters to me!

Location hidden

#104071 May 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
You're dense. Seriously. I'm not trying to "mince words" (wtf?) or "make it OK to abort", and no definition that uses the same word as is being described is "just fine" for anything as scientific as this (and, truthfully, very little outside of that realm). I just want you to properly define what exactly your argument/position is, yet you will not. So I'll quit trying to get you to. I'll ask other questions that don't involve you actually stating your whole position, since you apparently feel much more comfortable having ample room to dodge.

When is abortion OK? Is it ever fine to terminate a pregnancy after an egg has been fertilized, in what cases, and why? Is an extremely high probability of a short life filled with pain and suffering a better thing than simply having a very short life with no pain and suffering? Is the body, life, and livelihood of a pregnant rape victim more or less important than a cluster of a few hundred cells sitting in her uterine wall?

curious wrote, "<quoted text>
The foundation of science is observation, data collection, theory, criticism/review, and revision.
Well,they've done all that and still do not have an answer.
I do not need to look any further. I and millions of others have found our answer.
Our answer is not based on studying old bones,rocks and theories based on events that supposedly took place billions of years ago,which no one witnessed,can not explain nor duplicate.
You are looking at that which is natural to explain that which is supernatural,which neither Science or unbelievers are able to understand..
But,keep looking,your search may lead you to conclude that you've been looking in the wrong places and hopefully the answer to that which you seek,will be provided."

Which is exactly why you aren't "curious"... you're "ignorant and gullible" (and too stupid to know it). If you've found YOUR answer, why don't you just go away and let the intelligent members of your species continue to progress and learn and make things better? Why do you continue to benefit from the fruits of the things you criticize? If you actually believed anything you say, it seems only appropriate that you would stay away from anything that is a product of science (like atheism and ALL technology). It's completely sickening to see such hypocrisy.
Since you can't seem to get me to say exactly what you want me to say so you can commence calling me an idiot and a moron, why don't you tell me where you stand on these issues? I have been open and frequent on here with my stance. It's your turn.

Location hidden

#104072 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Because we don't need any more Jeffrey Dahmers claiming that their imaginary friend told them to kill a bunch of innocent people just because another imaginary friend told him they have weapons of mass destruction hidden in their cellars. Hmm ... I think I mixed two delusional people into one, hard to keep you deluded people straight.
Funny you think it is wrong to kill innocent people, but see no problem killing even more innocent children. Actually funny isn't the word. It's disturbingly hypocritical.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#104073 May 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I learned from him.
So again, you accepted what one person said without even doubting it, asking for evidence, or better, checking it out yourself. If you looked up gullible in the dictionary now, there will be a picture of you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#104074 May 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you think it is wrong to kill innocent people, but see no problem killing even more innocent children. Actually funny isn't the word. It's disturbingly hypocritical.
Okay, let's see, first this is a completely different topic ... I think, because you do not state your reasoning for this accusation I cannot tell.

Second, no I do not, your accusation is false.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104075 May 18, 2013
It is a well-known axiom in debate that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it; if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position. One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.

Just a bit of FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#104076 May 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Hey I tell you what! Take that post to GWB and present it to him!! That's the only person I know that started a war based on WMD hidden in sandpiles!
Then I will agree with you on the delusional and deluded people
Funny thing, I did one better, but ... I'll let you guess what that was.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104077 May 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't seem to get me to say exactly what you want me to say so you can commence calling me an idiot and a moron, why don't you tell me where you stand on these issues? I have been open and frequent on here with my stance. It's your turn.
You are already "an idiot and a moron" for throwing a bunch of fairly ambiguous nonsense up and refusing to clarify when asked. I don't need you to say "exactly what" I want. You are so scared that somebody is trying to trick you into actually saying what you think... ridiculous. If you're going to present your opinion on a public forum, present it comprehensively and defend it. Don't be such a chicken sh!t when somebody asks you to clarify what your parameters are when you can't make sense without doing so.

And no, it's not "my turn" to answer questions about an opinion that I have not made public. You haven't answered anything I asked. When I feel like putting my opinions out there, I will (and I may once I understand yours). You've already started, so finish it. Quit with the pathetic diversions and non-answers.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104078 May 18, 2013
Well we all know what cats do in sandpiles now don't we.. So no guessing required!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#104079 May 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
It is a well-known axiom in debate that if you feel that you have a strong case, you should build it; if you feel your case is weak, it is better to attack the opposition relentlessly while ignoring your own position. One thus hopes to gain victory by revealing the weaknesses of the opposing position rather than by systematically building a positive case for your own position.
So then why do creationists and religious people constantly attack everyone else while ignoring their mistakes?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104080 May 18, 2013
For quite some time now this "do whut" person has been putting his/her opinions OUT THERE. It's not his/her problem you cannot grasp / understand their meaning! How about you stop slinging slurs at this person!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104081 May 18, 2013
BTW.....ummm

stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104082 May 18, 2013
I don't know of anyone that is perfect.. I've saw both sides attack , and both sides have mistakes...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104083 May 18, 2013
I enjoy reading these post BOTH sides present, but when the debate gets out of control and it becomes a mud slinging tirade of slurs , the point then gets lost in all the muck and noone benefits

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#104084 May 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
BTW.....ummm
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/

BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104085 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why do creationists and religious people constantly attack everyone else while ignoring their mistakes?
Are you suggesting you've never made a mistake or attacked anyone here?

The only advice I can give TO BOTH P.O.V's. is this: Present a Rock Solid Case, but if your position consists of gaps, loop holes, or even some doubt ADMIT IT and move on. Discuss both pro and con arguments in a civil manner. Isn't this whole thread (thats been going on for 3 years now) about bringing those "fence squatters" to your way of thinking? If that is not the ultimate goal here; then by all means tell me what it is.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104086 May 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Institute for Creation Research called. They said thanks for propagating the idiotic rantings of one of their more prominent professional pseudo-scientist preachers. Though, please do give credit next time.
http://www.icr.org/article/racine-debate/
BTW......person with a name referencing a mediocre CCR song
People generally look much less like idiots if they are intelligent and capable of having and presenting their own thoughts instead of being broken record parrots for a bunch of disgusting frauds. I have not presented a case at all. I don't have to build anything, defend anything, or state my views on anything. I am more interested in figuring out what this other person is thinking, since they threw their opinions out there.
It's also not that I "cannot grasp" anything that any of you monkeys produce... it's that it fundamentally does not make any sense without further clarification and justification. And I was plenty nice until the ridiculous evasion occurred. I find that irritating and disrespectful, so I reply in kind.
This post is NEUTRAL and btw YOU'VE NOT PRESENTED YOUR OWN THOUGHTS EITHER... SO THANK YOU IDIOT!!!! KEEP UP THE SLURS , AND YOU'VE NEVER BEEN NICE TO ANYONE HERE.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#104087 May 18, 2013
All I've witnessed you do is SLAM OTHERS when they present their opinions or thoughts , because they don't conform to what YOU FEEL IS RIGHT. BUT YET YOU REFUSE TO MAKE YOUR OPINIONS KNOWN. NOW REALLY, WHO IS THE CHICKENSHIT> IN YOUR OPINION DO WHUT IS... IN MY OPINION YOU ARE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No super high speed internet in rural area's 10 min crazyjimbo 3
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 22 min Doug77 473
Lisa grubb & terry jones 2 hr Lisa Jones 2
Looking for a good, friendly, small Baptist chu... 2 hr new church 1
pnc 4 hr the worst 13
Where is Mark Blanton (Sep '10) 5 hr sexy girl 2
Dalon trent 10 hr mag 1
dinky phipps 11 hr shamed 25
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match