Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,082

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103820 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No please explain how science tells us that this unborn child will not become a born child. Please explain to me how science tells us that this organism is not living.
There are many such cases in which a fetus is never born alive.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103821 May 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have already made it clear we are foolish in your eyes, so why do you keep posting here?
I see these writings as propaganda. It is a tactic to keep you from learning opposing ideas.
I am sure every terrorist of the religious sort follows this teaching. They must stay in their box in order to keep faith. They do not understand how brainwashing works. You clearly do not understand how brainwashing works.
Well, he is just a one trick pony. You shouldn't place your expectations too high.
Pleasant Sayings

Crossett, AR

#103822 May 17, 2013
Oh, but wait a minute, you might "offend" Muslims if you were to teach the Bible in schools.(Sarcasm) Trust me, I'm all for children learning the Bible, but I don't think the liberal minded teachers in America will have it! The Bible is like kryptonite to them. Besides, then they will say you are forcing children to be religious which is cutting into their freedom of choice. If parents want their children to learn the Bible they can read it together with them at home. That's what my Dad did.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103824 May 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>There are many such cases in which a fetus is never born alive.
Want to talk probabilities?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103825 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Without medical attention most fetuses do not live.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103826 May 17, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I call BS! Lol. Such a popular "story" that has existed ALL THIS TIME.. I am HAPPY and content and will spend ETERNITY in heaven. Will continue to tell people about my RESCUE and be peaceful. Good luck to u sir and God bless
Other stories have lasted longer and been just as popular albeit in other than middle eastern and European areas... The Chinese story of man and the religious views were written about, documented and taught for millennium before the Jewish/Christian story line.... Before that several civilizations came and went with completely different belief systems... You can tell anyone anything you like and I reserve the right to call such belief Delusional...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103827 May 17, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
DENIAL is a sad place to b in my opinion
Opinion noted...... Delusion, Ignorance, self absorbed ego is a sadder place to be... And that's where you reside...In My opinion...

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#103828 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether viruses alive or not it's totally irrelevant. We are talking about a human being. You guys talk about evidence all the time, we have all the evidence we need to know that fetus will become human being if not aborted or miscarried.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No please explain how science tells us that this unborn child will not become a born child. Please explain to me how science tells us that this organism is not living.
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Define human. And define living. Both must be very clear before you go jumping down that rabbit hole.
I was serious. You need to define both of these things. At the least, define "human" and define what "living" is for a human (since I know you cannot define life in general). Why do ignore this?
Once your parameters are clear, perhaps somebody would be able to respond to you.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103829 May 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
“A man who flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his feet.”
As much as I enjoy reading the ambiguous pearls that grace the bumper stickers one sees when driving, especially through the Deep South and some parts of Kentucky, I find them valuable as a source of humor, not building blocks of a comprehensive, integrated Weltanschauung. As fate would have it, I enjoy one-liners the most: WWJD? Nurses do it better. Don’t come aknockin’ when this van’s a rocking’. The Bible says it, I believe it and that’s that.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103830 May 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as our Lord did not forbid us from discerning the character of fools, the Book of Proverbs commends this assessment as a necessity for those who would be wise. Several reasons are given for the need to discern between those who are fools and those who are wise.
1. TO ASSOCIATE WITH FOOLS IS BOTH UNWISE AND UNPLEASANT. To some degree folly is contagious, and association with a fool tends to diminish our ability to discern truth from error and wisdom from folly.
Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge (14:7).
He cuts off his own feet, and drinks violence Who sends a message by the hand of a fool (26:6).
Proverbs offers hope to parents that foolishness can be cured if detected early and disciplined diligently.
4. FOOLS MUST BE DEALT WITH DIFFERENTLY THAN THOSE WHO ARE WISE. We cannot deal with all men in the same way. Our response to people must be based on the kind of character they have demonstrated.
He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself. Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you, Reprove a wise man, and he will love you (9:7-8).
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, Lest he be wise in his own eyes (26:4-5).
These considerations necessitate discerning the character of others and, in particular, that of a fool. Not only will we be able to see foolishness in others as a result of our study in Proverbs, we will also see a greater measure of it in ourselves. May God enable us to be honest with ourselves, to confess our foolishness, 2 and to forsake it as sinful and destructive, both to ourselves and to others.
Characteristics of A Fool
It is much easier to identify a fool in terms of what he is not than in terms of what he is. Notice the following characteristics of the fool as the Book of Proverbs describes him.
1. THE FOOL IS UNRIGHTEOUS. The fool hates what is holy, righteous, and good, and he loves evil.
Desire realized is sweet to the soul, But it is an abomination to fools to depart from evil (13:19).
Doing wickedness is like sport to a fool; And so is wisdom to a man of understanding (10:23).
Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is good will (14:9).
2. THE FOOL IS UNWISE. Throughout Proverbs the fool is the counterpart of the wise. Wisdom is contrasted with folly. The fool does not possess wisdom, cannot obtain wisdom, and would not obtain it if he could.
THE FOOL DOES NOT POSSESS WISDOM;
According to the definition of a fool you posted, it does not show atheists as fools other than not observing what YOU claim as holy. What is holy is arbitrary. What is sin is arbitrary and subjective.
I can make claim you are a fool and the claim is just as subjective as yours.
Just pointing the consistently vague ideas in the bible.

Location hidden

#103831 May 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Without medical attention most fetuses do not live.
Are you talking about removing a fetus from the uterus and seeing if it survives?

Location hidden

#103832 May 17, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
No please explain how science tells us that this unborn child will not become a born child. Please explain to me how science tells us that this organism is not living. "

_Ummm_ wrote, "<quoted text>
Define human. And define living. Both must be very clear before you go jumping down that rabbit hole."

I was serious. You need to define both of these things. At the least, define "human" and define what "living" is for a human (since I know you cannot define life in general). Why do ignore this?
Once your parameters are clear, perhaps somebody would be able to respond to you.
A living organism = life. Even if you consider a fetus a parasite, fleas and ticks are still living things.

Why do you try to separate a human from a potential human. Do you consider an infant a potential adult? Or a living thing?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103833 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained what happens to the unborn. They still need a physical body, even if they are so righteous that they do not need to be tested.
Then why do you care if they are aborted?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103834 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Once birthed, sure. That is a viable solution. So is adoption. So is the family raising the child.
Just because a person doesn't want a child doesn't mean they have the right to murder the child, whether born or unborn.
The controversy is, should a woman be forced to carry the fetus. The government feels they cannot be forced to carry.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103835 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim to know
So the Holy Ghost is refusing to answer the hard questions? How convenient.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103836 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It could naturally abort (miscarriage).

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103837 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained what happens to the unborn. They still need a physical body, even if they are so righteous that they do not need to be tested.
Many abortions are due to potential health problems if the mother, so if you force the mother to carry and bear, you could be forcing the death if the mother. Keep I'm mind this woman might already have children she is trying to raise. So you are potentially jeopardizing the well being of her other children.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103838 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they need to gain a physical body to continue their progression to become more like God.
Says who and where?
But also note, this is simply superstition and our laws are not based upon superstitions.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103839 May 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>According to the definition of a fool you posted, it does not show atheists as fools other than not observing what YOU claim as holy. What is holy is arbitrary. What is sin is arbitrary and subjective.
I can make claim you are a fool and the claim is just as subjective as yours.
Just pointing the consistently vague ideas in the bible.
In your rush to judgement,along with Chrome and Hummm,you assumed that I was referring to Atheists.
I am calling the judgement of all 3 of you into question..
Obviously,for whatever reason,you felt that what I posted applied to you,as Atheists.....
Did you not read this part
"These considerations necessitate discerning the character of others and, in particular, that of a fool. Not only will we be able to see foolishness in others as a result of our study in

Proverbs, we will also see a greater measure of it in ourselves. May God enable us to be honest with ourselves,
to confess our foolishness,
2 and to forsake it as sinful and destructive, both to ourselves and to others.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103840 May 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Hmmmmmmmmm 5,880
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 22 min Earl 16,172
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min GOTP 154,323
Movie Theater 1 hr Kickinwolf 7
Dylan Mills (Sep '08) 1 hr lees 12
Mike Smith, Mike Warren, Mike Baker 2 hr Just saying 5
Randy Hurst 2 hr cac 1
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 4 hr curious 16
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 9 hr gator 26
kC principal injured 22 hr what happened 9
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs