Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,959)

Showing posts 99,161 - 99,180 of128,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus and child are two different classifications.
So all the people arrested, prosecuted and Jailed for Homicide for killing a fetus should be released from jail and given new trials for simple assault with bodily harm to the mothers right?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So all the people arrested, prosecuted and Jailed for Homicide for killing a fetus should be released from jail and given new trials for simple assault with bodily harm to the mothers right?
The mother's wishes are what those rulings are based on, not whether it was a fetus or child.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The mother's wishes are what those rulings are based on, not whether it was a fetus or child.
So Homicide is ok as long as the one contracting for the homicide says so?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumlocutious speech.
The meaning of vague statements like “god is the answer.”
Why you avoid my question.
Those sorts of things.
Your opportunities abound as I have given generously.
When one expresses himself in explicit terms,the responses one receives are indicative as to whether you were correctly understood.
The responses on this website,specifically those of the Atheists and so called ,former believers,has left no doubt in my mind,that they are totally misinformed and are unequipped to understand the topics that I address.
Their non related answers speak volumes.
They keep regurgitating the same canned propaganda,keep asking for the same evidence and keep complaining once they get it
So,it matters not how they are addressed,they will not understand.
Now,that I know of,you have seldom responded to anything I posted,under the name KUDA,other than today...
And keep in mind,many times ,Ichoose not to respond.....
Continuously responding to the same repetitive gibberish and nonsense often espoused here gets rather stale and boring...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, blah blah blah. I know you are, but what am I.
You believe in things that have absolutely no evidence to support them; the people you are arguing with do not. That is completely factual and nothing further can be said on the topic. Every time you try to say something to the contrary, you lie.
<quoted text>
No, stupid. If there was a veritable army of morons telling everyone that, seriously, Zeus is the only way and saying that Zeus should be taught in school (as fact), you'd be up in arms. We'd never hear the end of it. THAT is an apt comparison. Not your bullsh!t. Science, freedom from religion, and freedom of thought are completely under assault by militant Christians in this country. We, and a large part of the rest of the world, are disgusted by it all.
So, please, drop the weak "your mind is telling you something" or "you're crazy" crap. Every scientifically minded person is completely right to fight the propagation of your completely unsubstantiated claims and parasitic/oppressive religions.
<quoted text>
LOL
Thanks, that was enjoyable.
Just as our Lord did not forbid us from discerning the character of fools, the Book of Proverbs commends this assessment as a necessity for those who would be wise. Several reasons are given for the need to discern between those who are fools and those who are wise.

1. TO ASSOCIATE WITH FOOLS IS BOTH UNWISE AND UNPLEASANT. To some degree folly is contagious, and association with a fool tends to diminish our ability to discern truth from error and wisdom from folly.

Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge (14:7).

He cuts off his own feet, and drinks violence Who sends a message by the hand of a fool (26:6).

Proverbs offers hope to parents that foolishness can be cured if detected early and disciplined diligently.

4. FOOLS MUST BE DEALT WITH DIFFERENTLY THAN THOSE WHO ARE WISE. We cannot deal with all men in the same way. Our response to people must be based on the kind of character they have demonstrated.

He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself. Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you, Reprove a wise man, and he will love you (9:7-8).

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, Lest he be wise in his own eyes (26:4-5).

These considerations necessitate discerning the character of others and, in particular, that of a fool. Not only will we be able to see foolishness in others as a result of our study in Proverbs, we will also see a greater measure of it in ourselves. May God enable us to be honest with ourselves, to confess our foolishness, 2 and to forsake it as sinful and destructive, both to ourselves and to others.

Characteristics of A Fool
It is much easier to identify a fool in terms of what he is not than in terms of what he is. Notice the following characteristics of the fool as the Book of Proverbs describes him.

1. THE FOOL IS UNRIGHTEOUS. The fool hates what is holy, righteous, and good, and he loves evil.

Desire realized is sweet to the soul, But it is an abomination to fools to depart from evil (13:19).

Doing wickedness is like sport to a fool; And so is wisdom to a man of understanding (10:23).

Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is good will (14:9).

2. THE FOOL IS UNWISE. Throughout Proverbs the fool is the counterpart of the wise. Wisdom is contrasted with folly. The fool does not possess wisdom, cannot obtain wisdom, and would not obtain it if he could.

THE FOOL DOES NOT POSSESS WISDOM;

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
Gasp... Gravity DOES exist!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as our Lord did not forbid us from discerning the character of fools, the Book of Proverbs commends this assessment as a necessity for those who would be wise. Several reasons are given for the need to discern between those who are fools and those who are wise.
1. TO ASSOCIATE WITH FOOLS IS BOTH UNWISE AND UNPLEASANT. To some degree folly is contagious, and association with a fool tends to diminish our ability to discern truth from error and wisdom from folly.
Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge (14:7).
He cuts off his own feet, and drinks violence Who sends a message by the hand of a fool (26:6).
Proverbs offers hope to parents that foolishness can be cured if detected early and disciplined diligently.
4. FOOLS MUST BE DEALT WITH DIFFERENTLY THAN THOSE WHO ARE WISE. We cannot deal with all men in the same way. Our response to people must be based on the kind of character they have demonstrated.
He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself. Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you, Reprove a wise man, and he will love you (9:7-8).
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, Lest he be wise in his own eyes (26:4-5).
These considerations necessitate discerning the character of others and, in particular, that of a fool. Not only will we be able to see foolishness in others as a result of our study in Proverbs, we will also see a greater measure of it in ourselves. May God enable us to be honest with ourselves, to confess our foolishness, 2 and to forsake it as sinful and destructive, both to ourselves and to others.
Characteristics of A Fool
It is much easier to identify a fool in terms of what he is not than in terms of what he is. Notice the following characteristics of the fool as the Book of Proverbs describes him.
1. THE FOOL IS UNRIGHTEOUS. The fool hates what is holy, righteous, and good, and he loves evil.
Desire realized is sweet to the soul, But it is an abomination to fools to depart from evil (13:19).
Doing wickedness is like sport to a fool; And so is wisdom to a man of understanding (10:23).
Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is good will (14:9).
2. THE FOOL IS UNWISE. Throughout Proverbs the fool is the counterpart of the wise. Wisdom is contrasted with folly. The fool does not possess wisdom, cannot obtain wisdom, and would not obtain it if he could.
THE FOOL DOES NOT POSSESS WISDOM;
idjit.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are boringly repetitive.
Gee,The Atheists find me boring,stupid and Moronic.
Still in all,they keep asking me the same question,knowing I will provide the same answer, They ask the same question again,I provide them with the same answer again...
They keep going around in circles,,,,Like they are either missing something, and are trying to find it or, they found something they are unable to understand.

Maybe if you could identify what your mind may be telling you to look for,you would know what it is,once you found it.
The fact that,you keep seeking diligently,is a good sign.
Seek and YE shall find....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp... Gravity DOES exist!
That's not it... I'm waiting for someone to notice what the image captured.... It's like looking for Waldo.....

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not it... I'm waiting for someone to notice what the image captured.... It's like looking for Waldo.....
Gasp... Uncle Si DOES exist, Jack!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>

blah blah blah i let the bible think for me
Holy crap are you ever willfully ignorant. And that's OK, I get it. I can totally see how that happened. What I don't get is how you think you can act like you're better than others who aren't ignorant, and even demean them. It's a total mystery. Because based both on your level of knowledge and the book you claim to be truth, you are not supposed to be doing this.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee,The Atheists find me boring,stupid and Moronic.
Still in all,they keep asking me the same question,knowing I will provide the same answer, They ask the same question again,I provide them with the same answer again...
Nobody knows that you will provide the same answer. People are giving you the benefit of the doubt. They are rooting for you. They want you to stop being a moronic waste of life and actually say something different.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
They keep going around in circles,,,,Like they are either missing something, and are trying to find it or, they found something they are unable to understand.
Yet you forgot to list the most likely possibility (and, indeed, reality) that it is you who are missing something. Like what "evidence" means. What "proof" means. How to use a comma (or, rather, not use three times too many of them). That people who reject your claims about the God that you are completely obsessed with are NOT being tricked by their brain or anything supernatural. That you can't claim things are miracles when there are dozens of entirely possible and logical explanations that don't require making up supernatural crap. et cetera
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you could identify what your mind may be telling you to look for,you would know what it is,once you found it.
The fact that,you keep seeking diligently,is a good sign.
Seek and YE shall find....
Maybe if you could identify why your mind is lusting after naked hairy fat men, you would know what it is, once you found it.

See? It's not nice when people pretend that you are doing things that you aren't, is it? And it's irritating to read something that is so linguistically broken and devoid of true meaning, isn't it? So why don't you stop doing those things constantly?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So Homicide is ok as long as the one contracting for the homicide says so?
Technically, yes in some cases. It is not murder unless there is a law against it, and the subject is human, which fetuses do not count as, or the owner of that organism prosecutes. That's the law, if you don't like it you have to avoid living in a society.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Here’re some questions for creationists to address. I suspect opinions may vary, which will make it interesting to discuss. By creationists, I mean people who believe there is a god and that this god directly created at least the Earth and everything on Earth, a living planet. This belief is now way to explain where we came from. Now, the questions:

1. Where did god come from?

2. Did god mainly kickstart us to get the ball rolling or does he directly intervene moment by moment as micromanager?

3. Can you influence god’s decisions by praying?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, yes in some cases. It is not murder unless there is a law against it, and the subject is human, which fetuses do not count as, or the owner of that organism prosecutes. That's the law, if you don't like it you have to avoid living in a society.
Abortion is Homicide by Definition.... As for living in such a society you are Mistaken... I don't have to avoid living in it, I can live in it and continue to point out that such actions are Homicide and try to change those ill conceived laws so as to protect Human Beings yet born and not just those that wish to commit homicide of them...

Fetuses do indeed By Court Precedent count as Human.. If you can be arrested, tried and convicted of Homicide for Killing one it then is by precedent Human... Homicide is the act of One Human Being killing another Human Being... By Definition... There are people in jail, Convicted of Homicide for killing a Fetus... If the Fetus was Not a Human Being then they could not be convicted of Homicide... Some of those that have been convicted of Homicide were for the Homicide of a fetus as young as a few week gestation...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is Homicide by Definition.... As for living in such a society you are Mistaken... I don't have to avoid living in it, I can live in it and continue to point out that such actions are Homicide and try to change those ill conceived laws so as to protect Human Beings yet born and not just those that wish to commit homicide of them...
Fetuses do indeed By Court Precedent count as Human.. If you can be arrested, tried and convicted of Homicide for Killing one it then is by precedent Human... Homicide is the act of One Human Being killing another Human Being... By Definition... There are people in jail, Convicted of Homicide for killing a Fetus... If the Fetus was Not a Human Being then they could not be convicted of Homicide... Some of those that have been convicted of Homicide were for the Homicide of a fetus as young as a few week gestation...
Since the fetus is not technically alive until a certain point, it is not homicide until that point.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Since the fetus is not technically alive until a certain point, it is not homicide until that point.
And who determines when that is?

It is a living organism as a zygote.
Since you like evidence so much, maybe you can appreciate this:
I have evidence with a sample size of over 6 billion that a fetus that is not aborted or miscarried will indeed become a human. A fetus therefore is a living organism that will become a birthed human.
conservative

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

This would be in direct conflict to the 1st Amendment to the Constitution - Separation of Church and State - and everyone's right to their own religious belief (or non-belief).

the intentions of the 1st amendment was to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government. If not, why did we used to use a bible under oath in our courts of law and why is IN GOD WE TRUST on our currency. People need to wake up and use some common sense about what our children are being taught.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
Here’re some questions for creationists to address. I suspect opinions may vary, which will make it interesting to discuss. By creationists, I mean people who believe there is a god and that this god directly created at least the Earth and everything on Earth, a living planet. This belief is now way to explain where we came from. Now, the questions:
1. Where did god come from?
2. Did god mainly kickstart us to get the ball rolling or does he directly intervene moment by moment as micromanager?
3. Can you influence god’s decisions by praying?
Maybe you should start by
1)Stating whether you are a believer and what you believe in
2) Atheist /Agnostic
3) Other
and provide us with your answer to those questions

Then,have the AA's answer the questions,just in case they've had a change of mind.

Porta Fa Ala radeskanz LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
And who determines when that is?
It is a living organism as a zygote.
Since you like evidence so much, maybe you can appreciate this:
I have evidence with a sample size of over 6 billion that a fetus that is not aborted or miscarried will indeed become a human. A fetus therefore is a living organism that will become a birthed human.
A living organism it is not, until a certain stage. However, scientifically we give you the benefit and state it is considered living when the brain develops, a bit earlier than when it is technically living.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,161 - 99,180 of128,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 min LMS 26,177
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 23 min LMS 16,111
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,995
Barbourville topix 2 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 3 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 3 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 4 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 4 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 4 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••