Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
99,061 - 99,080 of 128,721 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.. it is....
You have talent. I hope you know that.

Please post more of your art.
Bible and Science

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
The Biblical timeline is one of the major issues. Earthís age is much older than literal interpretation of the Bible suggests, even if one does not insist that god literally created it in seven days. No human bones have been discovered during the age of the dinosaurs. Well, you get the idea (or maybe not).
At any rate, I have no interest in trying to convince you that your belief that each creature was designed and created uniquely by God is incorrect. Nor do I believe it likely that I could. All I can do is challenge that concept based on Biblical history to offer an occasion for you to reconsider.
Perhaps you might return the favor by helping me understand the authority of Biblical history. Specifically, how do you believe the authors of the books of he bible obtained their history of creation? Did god tell them directly, just as some believe god directly passed a tablet inscribed with the ten commandments to Moses?
The bible mentions leviathan several times which were prob some Dinasaur like creature that lived with man kind, also the levitathan were prob eliminated during the great flood ....

You are taking the scientific system of dating rocks etc to be true??? There have been many flaws in that... The world is only like upto 6,000 plus or minus in that area old like the Bible says....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible mentions leviathan several times which were prob some Dinasaur like creature that lived with man kind, also the levitathan were prob eliminated during the great flood ....
You are taking the scientific system of dating rocks etc to be true??? There have been many flaws in that... The world is only like upto 6,000 plus or minus in that area old like the Bible says....
Demeaning science is the way to belief in god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Moses not put dinosaurs in his boat?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ask "Yet faith is about faith, not evidence, right?"
Says I...You are wrong,but that is the propaganda that Atheists
promote"blind faith"
My faith demands evidence and that evidence has been more that amply supplied to my satisfaction,by GOD
You are unable to accept or understand the evidence that God has provided me and therefore you arbitrarily dismiss it as false.
You can call it magic,delusions,waving a magic wand,coincidences
What you are unable to do is,disprove it..
You can not believe,but neither can you disprove the evidence,your attempts are futile,therefore your frustration
Yes, those nasty atheists and their dictionary they created after the fact just to make you look stupid.

There is NO "evidence". None. Nothing needs to be disproved. Any scientific person has the same standard for evidence for any claim being made, whether it is the existence of Sol or the existence of the Christian God. There are no double standards here. No propaganda, no bias, no arbitrary dismissal. The same process that (as I mentioned earlier) gave us the knowledge to turn rocks into the computer you read these words on is the process that rejects your claim of the existence of your God. Sure, you can move your fingers around on the keyboard, click the mouse, send the information to servers hundreds of miles away, allow it to be seen by any connected person anywhere on the planet and in fact by people in space, and scream, essentially: "YOUR PROCESS IS INVALID!". But you're a stupid hypocrite and we're all going to laugh at you.

Tell you what... if science is wrong, go get naked and live in a cave without our science or anything that we've gained through science. I will, in turn, live completely without religion, since I think it's wrong. That way you can stop being a hypocrite and I can continue to live in a manner consistent with the things I type here.
Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
You, too. Idiot.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions of species have gone extinct since the beginning of life on earth. Does the one word "leviathan" cover them all?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to answer Kuda's questions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible makes no claim of the earths age. You are repeating what some man calculated if the names in the bible were the only generations of humans ever and man was on earth from the first week.
You are clearly a victim of propaganda.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Bible and Science wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my research indicates that the levitathan is described in Job 41 and mentioned in Isaiah 27:1. However, you breach logic when you make a huge leap of faith to believe that it was probably some dinasaur-like creature and that lived alongside modern man. I have no problem with your making either of those assumptions, but not as a logical consequence of any solid empirical evidence. Itís quite OK to believe what you believe because you believe thatís what the Bible teaches, but doing so does not require that your belief is a result of scientific inquiry.

Science is not a comprehensive, rock solid account of everything we want to understand. It is only a method of systematic inquiry guided by disciplined thinking, including logic. There are more gaps in our knowledge of the universe than facts understood. Such gaps are not flaws. In science, flaws reference failures adhering to its principles and methods.

Religion is working well when it provides all the answers. Thatís not the purpose of science.
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Iíll just have to plead the fifth amendment in response to your question., as do most Americans other than tea partiers, who strongly favor the second of course.
We like ALL the amendments! Including the 14th!
God Bless MLK jr!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Got my mators in....
along with cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, habaneros, green beans, n corn...
tomorrow... onions, n cucumbers!
Thank God for His generosity!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the Tea Party ... I'm an Atheist... I'm anti death penalty... And I think the American People are Taxed Enough Already..
Which is the basic platform of the TEA party.. as for Libertards, Opinions vary....
BRAVO!
I think yer coming along Bob!
LOL
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
I want to start a movement "Truth in Government"!
IF you work for the government, and caught lying with the intention of deception... Gone, history, No retirement,
never to work in Government again!
Anyone not signing the bill into law... has something to hide...
Out the door!
I do have to agree on this one with ya..
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
Got my mators in....
Amen!
you are ahead of me this year my friend
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
=yawn=
This doesn't reveal anything of importance beyond your infatuation with certain middle eastern archaeology. A pottery shard among the rocks or a bead in the sand? No one disputes that the Bible contains many of the histories of the Jewish peoples. It is well established and documented that the area has been populated for many thousands of years - an artifact does not prove that Jesus walked on water or that Moses parted the Red Sea. Relate something about the Sumerians or Zoroaster and it might be worth reading.
Dig us some reading material out on the Sumerians that is relatable then, ya sorrytail. Whatyathinkthisishere, a robot @ your fweeloafing command?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why would Moses not put dinosaurs in his boat?
Probably because it was the wrong time era...they had evolved into chickens by then.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
Got my mators in....
Amen!
Do you do the pre-plant readiness of pulling weeds? Pesky things.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim I could not explain where that energy could come from, so if I give an explanation, will you just move the goal post again and continue to assume energy plus the most complex and most intelligent being needed no creator?
No,I did not say where that energy COULD come from.
Where it came from?
I am not moving the goal posts,.
You are trying to convince me that there is no God
God has proven to ME,that HE is,in no uncertain terms.
My faith is not based on what you may or may not believe.

I you want to believe that The BB was an accident,or was bound to happen,or it was a coincident ,does not matter.
I know what I believe, why I believe and in whom I believe.
God and Jesus Christ.
My beliefs are not based on someone's opinion or theories based on a non foundation.
We have already talked about that
You ,Iagio,Cromium and the rest of the nonbelievers,spend more time talking about God than most Christians do.
Why are you all so concerned in what I may or may not believe?
lol

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

don't you guys have anything better to do than post on the same topic for over 3 years?
loser neckbeards

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You have talent. I hope you know that.
Please post more of your art.
Thanx.. Appre the kind words, Just a hobby...

http://www.panoramio.com/user/6472695

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Dodedo 146,344
Artemus Road (Highway 225) 36 min warning 1
Stivers Center fixes 57 min smokejumper 54
Ronald Stevenson 3 hr stephanie 18
How do I get up with Jessi 3 hr stephanie 7
Beckoning Frontiers 3 hr Jack 1
SEC Network 4 hr Hopeful 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••