Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,853

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103762 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are boringly repetitive.
Gee,The Atheists find me boring,stupid and Moronic.
Still in all,they keep asking me the same question,knowing I will provide the same answer, They ask the same question again,I provide them with the same answer again...
They keep going around in circles,,,,Like they are either missing something, and are trying to find it or, they found something they are unable to understand.

Maybe if you could identify what your mind may be telling you to look for,you would know what it is,once you found it.
The fact that,you keep seeking diligently,is a good sign.
Seek and YE shall find....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#103763 May 16, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp... Gravity DOES exist!
That's not it... I'm waiting for someone to notice what the image captured.... It's like looking for Waldo.....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103764 May 16, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not it... I'm waiting for someone to notice what the image captured.... It's like looking for Waldo.....
Gasp... Uncle Si DOES exist, Jack!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#103765 May 16, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as our Lord did not forbid us from discerning the character of fools, the Book of Proverbs commends this assessment as a necessity for those who would be wise. Several reasons are given for the need to discern between those who are fools and those who are wise.

blah blah blah i let the bible think for me
Holy crap are you ever willfully ignorant. And that's OK, I get it. I can totally see how that happened. What I don't get is how you think you can act like you're better than others who aren't ignorant, and even demean them. It's a total mystery. Because based both on your level of knowledge and the book you claim to be truth, you are not supposed to be doing this.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee,The Atheists find me boring,stupid and Moronic.
Still in all,they keep asking me the same question,knowing I will provide the same answer, They ask the same question again,I provide them with the same answer again...
Nobody knows that you will provide the same answer. People are giving you the benefit of the doubt. They are rooting for you. They want you to stop being a moronic waste of life and actually say something different.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
They keep going around in circles,,,,Like they are either missing something, and are trying to find it or, they found something they are unable to understand.
Yet you forgot to list the most likely possibility (and, indeed, reality) that it is you who are missing something. Like what "evidence" means. What "proof" means. How to use a comma (or, rather, not use three times too many of them). That people who reject your claims about the God that you are completely obsessed with are NOT being tricked by their brain or anything supernatural. That you can't claim things are miracles when there are dozens of entirely possible and logical explanations that don't require making up supernatural crap. et cetera
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you could identify what your mind may be telling you to look for,you would know what it is,once you found it.
The fact that,you keep seeking diligently,is a good sign.
Seek and YE shall find....
Maybe if you could identify why your mind is lusting after naked hairy fat men, you would know what it is, once you found it.

See? It's not nice when people pretend that you are doing things that you aren't, is it? And it's irritating to read something that is so linguistically broken and devoid of true meaning, isn't it? So why don't you stop doing those things constantly?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103766 May 16, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So Homicide is ok as long as the one contracting for the homicide says so?
Technically, yes in some cases. It is not murder unless there is a law against it, and the subject is human, which fetuses do not count as, or the owner of that organism prosecutes. That's the law, if you don't like it you have to avoid living in a society.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103767 May 16, 2013
Hereíre some questions for creationists to address. I suspect opinions may vary, which will make it interesting to discuss. By creationists, I mean people who believe there is a god and that this god directly created at least the Earth and everything on Earth, a living planet. This belief is now way to explain where we came from. Now, the questions:

1. Where did god come from?

2. Did god mainly kickstart us to get the ball rolling or does he directly intervene moment by moment as micromanager?

3. Can you influence godís decisions by praying?

Somerset, KY

#103768 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, yes in some cases. It is not murder unless there is a law against it, and the subject is human, which fetuses do not count as, or the owner of that organism prosecutes. That's the law, if you don't like it you have to avoid living in a society.
Abortion is Homicide by Definition.... As for living in such a society you are Mistaken... I don't have to avoid living in it, I can live in it and continue to point out that such actions are Homicide and try to change those ill conceived laws so as to protect Human Beings yet born and not just those that wish to commit homicide of them...

Fetuses do indeed By Court Precedent count as Human.. If you can be arrested, tried and convicted of Homicide for Killing one it then is by precedent Human... Homicide is the act of One Human Being killing another Human Being... By Definition... There are people in jail, Convicted of Homicide for killing a Fetus... If the Fetus was Not a Human Being then they could not be convicted of Homicide... Some of those that have been convicted of Homicide were for the Homicide of a fetus as young as a few week gestation...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103769 May 16, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is Homicide by Definition.... As for living in such a society you are Mistaken... I don't have to avoid living in it, I can live in it and continue to point out that such actions are Homicide and try to change those ill conceived laws so as to protect Human Beings yet born and not just those that wish to commit homicide of them...
Fetuses do indeed By Court Precedent count as Human.. If you can be arrested, tried and convicted of Homicide for Killing one it then is by precedent Human... Homicide is the act of One Human Being killing another Human Being... By Definition... There are people in jail, Convicted of Homicide for killing a Fetus... If the Fetus was Not a Human Being then they could not be convicted of Homicide... Some of those that have been convicted of Homicide were for the Homicide of a fetus as young as a few week gestation...
Since the fetus is not technically alive until a certain point, it is not homicide until that point.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103770 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Since the fetus is not technically alive until a certain point, it is not homicide until that point.
And who determines when that is?

It is a living organism as a zygote.
Since you like evidence so much, maybe you can appreciate this:
I have evidence with a sample size of over 6 billion that a fetus that is not aborted or miscarried will indeed become a human. A fetus therefore is a living organism that will become a birthed human.
conservative

Virgie, KY

#103771 May 16, 2013
This would be in direct conflict to the 1st Amendment to the Constitution - Separation of Church and State - and everyone's right to their own religious belief (or non-belief).

the intentions of the 1st amendment was to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government. If not, why did we used to use a bible under oath in our courts of law and why is IN GOD WE TRUST on our currency. People need to wake up and use some common sense about what our children are being taught.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103772 May 16, 2013
kuda wrote:
Hereíre some questions for creationists to address. I suspect opinions may vary, which will make it interesting to discuss. By creationists, I mean people who believe there is a god and that this god directly created at least the Earth and everything on Earth, a living planet. This belief is now way to explain where we came from. Now, the questions:
1. Where did god come from?
2. Did god mainly kickstart us to get the ball rolling or does he directly intervene moment by moment as micromanager?
3. Can you influence godís decisions by praying?
Maybe you should start by
1)Stating whether you are a believer and what you believe in
2) Atheist /Agnostic
3) Other
and provide us with your answer to those questions

Then,have the AA's answer the questions,just in case they've had a change of mind.

Porta Fa Ala radeskanz LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103773 May 16, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
And who determines when that is?
It is a living organism as a zygote.
Since you like evidence so much, maybe you can appreciate this:
I have evidence with a sample size of over 6 billion that a fetus that is not aborted or miscarried will indeed become a human. A fetus therefore is a living organism that will become a birthed human.
A living organism it is not, until a certain stage. However, scientifically we give you the benefit and state it is considered living when the brain develops, a bit earlier than when it is technically living.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#103774 May 16, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are still a living organism that will grow into an adult human.
Does the immortal spirit of the dead fetus recycle back in the same mother? If the dead fetus spirit is immortal can it be recycled into a Hindu or Muslim female instead of one that was once in a Mormon female? What is the Mormon teaching on this?

Location hidden

#103775 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>A living organism it is not, until a certain stage. However, scientifically we give you the benefit and state it is considered living when the brain develops, a bit earlier than when it is technically living.
It is a living organism at conception. At that point it is a fertilized egg That continues to develop into a human without assistance other than nutrients that it gains from the mother.
No one has the right to name the exact time when it becomes a lot. However if you can show me proof that this fertilized egg does not become a human, maybe then I will listen.
It is a child. There is absolutely no difference in killing a birth four-year-old child than an unborn child.

A mother deciding that she does not want to keep this child that is not born should be treated no differently from a mother who chooses to no longer keep her four-year-old because she doesn't want him/her anymore

Location hidden

#103776 May 16, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Does the immortal spirit of the dead fetus recycle back in the same mother? If the dead fetus spirit is immortal can it be recycled into a Hindu or Muslim female instead of one that was once in a Mormon female? What is the Mormon teaching on this?
There is no recycling of the spirit. If a child dies before born, he or she still obtained that body. Since obtaining a body is one of the reasons that we chose to come to earth, then that part of that child's mission is over. One of the other reasons that we choose to come to earth is to have our faith in God tested. This child's faith was so strong that it's Faith did not need to be tested. They do not however, have the experience of living life on earth. There are many things on this earth that we learn that this child would not have the opportunity to learn.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#103777 May 16, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Define human. And define living. Both must be very clear before you go jumping down that rabbit hole.
conservative wrote:
the intentions of the 1st amendment was to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government. If not, why did we used to use a bible under oath in our courts of law and why is IN GOD WE TRUST on our currency. People need to wake up and use some common sense about what our children are being taught.
The intention, when discussing truths that were self evident, was clearly that blacks/asians/women/etc. really didn't deserve those rights. Why else would we enslave, persecute, mistreat, and restrict the rights of these people for hundreds of years?

News flash, idiot:
Your argument is garbage. Just because a bunch of people do something for a long time does NOT mean that it's right, or intended. Individuals can practice whatever religion they choose. Government should not have any part of any of it, other that to allow complete equality in the practice or non-practice of any religion. No Bibles, no Qurans, no Mahaburatas... none of it. You cannot keep the government out of religion and at the same time force a standard of Christianity.

The prevalence of Bibles and "God statements" throughout government is simply another case of the majority steamrolling everyone else. This government is a republic to prevent exactly that sort of thing. It is wrong, in any case other than individual choice, and it will go away eventually when younger people start to get it and the bigots die off.

Location hidden

#103778 May 16, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Define human. And define living. Both must be very clear before you go jumping down that rabbit hole.
conservative wrote, "
the intentions of the 1st amendment was to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government. If not, why did we used to use a bible under oath in our courts of law and why is IN GOD WE TRUST on our currency. People need to wake up and use some common sense about what our children are being taught."

The intention, when discussing truths that were self evident, was clearly that blacks/asians/women/etc. really didn't deserve those rights. Why else would we enslave, persecute, mistreat, and restrict the rights of these people for hundreds of years?

News flash, idiot:
Your argument is garbage. Just because a bunch of people do something for a long time does NOT mean that it's right, or intended. Individuals can practice whatever religion they choose. Government should not have any part of any of it, other that to allow complete equality in the practice or non-practice of any religion. No Bibles, no Qurans, no Mahaburatas... none of it. You cannot keep the government out of religion and at the same time force a standard of Christianity.

The prevalence of Bibles and "God statements" throughout government is simply another case of the majority steamrolling everyone else. This government is a republic to prevent exactly that sort of thing. It is wrong, in any case other than individual choice, and it will go away eventually when younger people start to get it and the bigots die off.
A fertilized egg buries itself in the uterine wall and immediately begins to rob the mother of nutrients. This means it is a living organism. Some people may call it a parasite. Even so, this definition means it would have to be a living organism.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103779 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A living organism it is not, until a certain stage. However, scientifically we give you the benefit and state it is considered living when the brain develops, a bit earlier than when it is technically living.
Not so. If the egg is not fertilized it will pass from the body within a few days with the menses. If it has been fertilized it attaches itself to the womb and immediately begins drawing life support from the mother. If that cord becomes detached the fetus will die. It in no way waits months to become a life. It is the very beginning of life but a life all the same.[The human fetal heart begins beating about 22-23 days after conception.(Though the heart is not yet fully formed, cardiac muscle contractions have begun.) Wiki] The heartbeat can be heard with a standard stethoscope long before the second trimester begins. A Doppler instrument can detect it much earlier.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103780 May 16, 2013
The time life begins is supported medically,(scientifically if you must) it has nothing to do with religious belief in reality. Sorry, but a pregnant Atheist woman is just as pregnant the next morning as any God believing woman. Like it or not. In about 10 days or so, depending on her cycle length both women will begin to wonder "Could I be"?

Somerset, KY

#103781 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the fetus is not technically alive until a certain point, it is not homicide until that point.
Just not True... You kick a woman in the belly and kill the Fetus at 2 weeks gestation and you will be arrested, tried and convicted of Homicide.... If it wasn't Human you would only be charged with Assault with bodily harm... The Fact that You can be charged with Homicide sets the precedent of being a Human Being... As Homicide is by Definition the Killing of a Human Being by another Human Being...

There are people in Jail for Homicide of a Fetus as early as 3 weeks gestation... If they are not Alive how can you charge someone for killing it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truck payments 7 min hookah 1
Need food badly 14 min really 17
hp laptop 28 min travis 15
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 1 hr common sense 1
city of barbourville 1 hr common sense is b... 14
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 3 hr Still Looking 5
Knox Central 3 hr inquirer 1
Porsche mills 4 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:58 am PST

NFL 6:58AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports