Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,245

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#103632 May 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood your point, but not where you were intending to go with it.
But since you egged it on...

oooooo ahhhhhhh

2 Samuel 5:3,4
So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a covenant with them in Hebron before HaShem; and they anointed David king over Israel.

4 David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.

http://www.cityofdavid.org.il/en/archeology/e...

Since 2007, Ronny Reich and Eli Shukron have been conducting a systematic excavation of the main water drainage tunnel of the city of Jerusalem from the Second Temple period. 700 meters inside the Tyropoeon Valley, which passes beneath the center of the city, have already been revealed. Work began in the center of the valley southwards and after it connected to the excavation near the Shiloah Pool, work continued north, beyond the walls of today’s Old City. This channel gathered water and drained it from the city of Jerusalem southwards, passing by the Shiloah Pool and outside the city. The channel also served as a place of refuge for the Jews who rebelled against the Romans. Found within the channel are numerous artifacts which tell the story of Jerusalem and its destruction. Amongst these finds are vessels and numerous coins including a shekel coin from the city of Tyre, a miniature golden bell that was sewn onto the garment of an individual of high stature, a Roman sword in its sheath, and a seal with the Aramaic words “Daka Le’Ya”(Pure for God), the official seal, it seems, used by Temple officials approving the purity of a sacrifice or object.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#103633 May 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you babbling about now? Are you posting just to watch yourself type? I asked a reasonable question about WHY you placed a list of archaeological sites and a quote from a museum spokesman.
Stalking you with judgits icons? no.
Okay good. Just checking lol.

This is a "Biblical discussion thread" Non? Oui?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#103634 May 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you babbling about now? Are you posting just to watch yourself type? I asked a reasonable question about WHY you placed a list of archaeological sites and a quote from a museum spokesman.
Stalking you with judgits icons? no.
and maybe even-

...oooooo ahhhhh lol.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103635 May 15, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever floats your cultural boat. Yes, I did find that series to be one of the better presented ones of it's types (hmmm...wonder why..)
Anyway, care to share what cultures you may find "oooo ahhhh" interesting?
And be forewarned, you can skip the knotholes in carved rocks ones, they'll only get an eyeroll here.
Well, aren't you uncharacteristically pleasant this morning? No, I wouldn't care to share much of anything just for your target practice. Hmmm...wonder why..

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103636 May 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Either the Universe was created by a Superior Intelligence or it came into existence,from nothing,by nothing.
If it came into existence from nothing,caused by nothing and from there we end up with the Universe as we currently know it.
Our planet and the life contained therein,all as a result of Nothing taking control and effectively bringing into existence this awesome universe and magnificent planet we live in.
Then I would have to proclaim,The wonders of nothingness are wonderful to behold
YOU ask "Yet faith is about faith, not evidence, right?"
Says I...You are wrong,but that is the propaganda that Atheists
promote"blind faith"
My faith demands evidence and that evidence has been more that amply supplied to my satisfaction,by GOD
You are unable to accept or understand the evidence that God has provided me and therefore you arbitrarily dismiss it as false.
You can call it magic,delusions,waving a magic wand,coincidences
What you are unable to do is,disprove it..
You can not believe,but neither can you disprove the evidence,your attempts are futile,therefore your frustration
Kind of hard to prove a negative like this.
You cannot prove Zeus does not control the rain. But I am sure this lack of proof does not keep your mind open to Zeus.

I explained that energy likely existed before the Big Bang, so their are more than two ways this could have gone down.
But you stick with "nothing". So what created this great and wonderful god of yours?
You keep skipping that part in your equation.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#103637 May 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, aren't you uncharacteristically pleasant this morning? No, I wouldn't care to share much of anything just for your target practice. Hmmm...wonder why..
GOOD lol

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103638 May 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you grow a plant without it giving you the seed???
Same with Every other egg laying thing!
You couldn't even have a Human without a Human giving birth!
Pond scum does not give birth... it just is... Pond scum!
And... A rock cannot spread information as in DNA...
Information is given from intelligence!
Then explain how a god became intelligent?
You guys keep forgetting this part of the equation. How convenient.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103639 May 15, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay good. Just checking lol.
This is a "Biblical discussion thread" Non? Oui?
Non.
This is Bible study rules in schools thread, and I suspect that we agree that there is a place for employing the Bible as a historical reference/object in elective secondary education humanities courses.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103640 May 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Mike was raised Mormon...
Then Catholic, and Methodist!
My experience is...
You'll never convert a Backslidden Mormon!
Their hate, and misunderstanding of God is too deep!
So blame the Holy Ghost. No matter how you slice it, the ghost is failing to keep a consistent story line.
I think the various religions I was exposed to, taught me that lesson.
Their insistence of being the true religion was more damning than anything.
You insist your version is correct, the Muslims claim their way is correct and so on and so on.
This is evidence of all just being overly sure of themselves yet have zero evidence of being correct.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103641 May 15, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
But since you egged it on...
oooooo ahhhhhhh
2 Samuel 5:3,4
So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a covenant with them in Hebron before HaShem; and they anointed David king over Israel.
4 David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.
Since 2007, Ronny Reich and Eli Shukron have been conducting a systematic excavation of the main water drainage tunnel of the city of Jerusalem from the Second Temple period. 700 meters inside the Tyropoeon Valley, which passes beneath the center of the city, have already been revealed. Work began in the center of the valley southwards and after it connected to the excavation near the Shiloah Pool, work continued north, beyond the walls of today’s Old City. This channel gathered water and drained it from the city of Jerusalem southwards, passing by the Shiloah Pool and outside the city. The channel also served as a place of refuge for the Jews who rebelled against the Romans. Found within the channel are numerous artifacts which tell the story of Jerusalem and its destruction. Amongst these finds are vessels and numerous coins including a shekel coin from the city of Tyre, a miniature golden bell that was sewn onto the garment of an individual of high stature, a Roman sword in its sheath, and a seal with the Aramaic words “Daka Le’Ya”(Pure for God), the official seal, it seems, used by Temple officials approving the purity of a sacrifice or object.
=yawn=
This doesn't reveal anything of importance beyond your infatuation with certain middle eastern archaeology. A pottery shard among the rocks or a bead in the sand? No one disputes that the Bible contains many of the histories of the Jewish peoples. It is well established and documented that the area has been populated for many thousands of years - an artifact does not prove that Jesus walked on water or that Moses parted the Red Sea. Relate something about the Sumerians or Zoroaster and it might be worth reading.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#103642 May 15, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s a lovely photo. Might it be yours?
Yep.. it is....

Somerset, KY

#103643 May 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you grow a plant without it giving you the seed???
Same with Every other egg laying thing!
You couldn't even have a Human without a Human giving birth!
Pond scum does not give birth... it just is... Pond scum!
And... A rock cannot spread information as in DNA...
Information is given from intelligence!
Yes I can grow a plant without it giving me a seed...

The Question was Chicken and Egg... Egg predates Chicken by Millions upon millions of years....

Pond Scum is assorted Bacterium and Phytoplankton and replicates without the requirement of giving birth...

A Rock does not have DNA.... But Living organisms in the rock does..

Information is understood by Intellect, But everything from a grain of sand to a Galaxy Give information as Information is nothing more the EM Waves being propagated, Everything produces EM waves...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103644 May 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of hard to prove a negative like this.
You cannot prove Zeus does not control the rain. But I am sure this lack of proof does not keep your mind open to Zeus.
I explained that energy likely existed before the Big Bang, so their are more than two ways this could have gone down.
But you stick with "nothing". So what created this great and wonderful god of yours?
You keep skipping that part in your equation.
Iknow you explained that energy likely existed before the BB.
What you could not explain is,Where did that Energy come from?
From nothing ness?,,,,
Nothing from nothing ,gets nothing

I absolutely believe there was an energy,an intelligent and living power source that brought the Universe and life as we kmow it ,into existence.
That question was answered long before Science thought to ask it.
I am that I am...I am the Alpha and Omega I am the begining and the end

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103645 May 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
From nothing ness?,,,,
I absolutely believe there was an energy,an intelligent and living power source that brought the Universe and life as we kmow it ,into existence.
Science began when the first human wondered for an answer, "How, when, why, where?" In pursuing those questions and without any real available answers, religion was born. Science predates religion. Religion predates writing. Writing predates Genesis. You've bought stock in the abyss of no real available answers. Sorry, Bub.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103646 May 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Mike was raised Mormon...
Then Catholic, and Methodist!
My experience is...
You'll never convert a Backslidden Mormon!
Their hate, and misunderstanding of God is too deep!
I've seen several come back though. Never give up on the ones you love.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103647 May 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Catholics think they are following the bible correctly"
I've no doubt they think that!
Like the Mormons... IF they'd read an un-altered Bible, they'd see the Truth!
We use the KJV. What do you mean "unaltered Bible"?

Somerset, KY

#103648 May 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
From nothing ness?,,,,
Again.. Energy is not Nothing... It is just made up of No Things... You seem to have a problem mentally comprehending that basic idea... Matter and Energy are two versions of the same thing, one can be converted into the other and back and forth... Energy with out Matter is Something it just has No Things to define it...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103649 May 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
From nothing ness?,,,,
You claim I could not explain where that energy could come from, so if I give an explanation, will you just move the goal post again and continue to assume energy plus the most complex and most intelligent being needed no creator?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103650 May 15, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.. it is....
You have talent. I hope you know that.

Please post more of your art.
Bible and Science

Williamson, WV

#103652 May 15, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
The Biblical timeline is one of the major issues. Earth’s age is much older than literal interpretation of the Bible suggests, even if one does not insist that god literally created it in seven days. No human bones have been discovered during the age of the dinosaurs. Well, you get the idea (or maybe not).
At any rate, I have no interest in trying to convince you that your belief that each creature was designed and created uniquely by God is incorrect. Nor do I believe it likely that I could. All I can do is challenge that concept based on Biblical history to offer an occasion for you to reconsider.
Perhaps you might return the favor by helping me understand the authority of Biblical history. Specifically, how do you believe the authors of the books of he bible obtained their history of creation? Did god tell them directly, just as some believe god directly passed a tablet inscribed with the ten commandments to Moses?
The bible mentions leviathan several times which were prob some Dinasaur like creature that lived with man kind, also the levitathan were prob eliminated during the great flood ....

You are taking the scientific system of dating rocks etc to be true??? There have been many flaws in that... The world is only like upto 6,000 plus or minus in that area old like the Bible says....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 4 min Earl 18
Messers 21 min murder 2
dinky phipps 1 hr Edozier 20
pte boys 1 hr for real 3
hau mings mexican restaurant 1 hr Stuk 5
teena Marie mills 3 hr the truth 16
Jason hughes son 13 hr Jason cuzzo 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web