Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,821 - 98,840 of 130,314 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Religious

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

The only Bible is the King James, I've known that my 67 years.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, the federal government has chosen to to handle all my charitable donations.....
Well, 501c's are a sketchy area, and really should not be exclusionary of the gouges that the rest of working class America has to feel. Neither should the Federal government be either.
But that is just an opinion.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re clearly a better Christian, so let that be a lesson to him — and to all of us who don’t quite measure up to your standards. I bow inconspicuously to kiss your modestly understated ring.
As you may know, Mrs. Betty Bowers (the world’s top Christian) has outlined a set of rules to insure appropriate curricula in our public schools:
http://bettybowers.com/schoolcurriculum.html
First time I've seen those lol.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering, some people prefer the audio options of having things being read to them, rather than reading for themselves.
Question, with hypothetical scenario.
You're walking down a street and see two beggars. Beggar one is male, down on his luck, with a family to take care of. That beggar will take what ever kindness passers by spare to him, gratefully, with only the promise to do what is right with what is given.
Beggar two is a known harlot per say, and offers you continued wicked pleasures for what ever passers bys spare, and just takes and takes and takes, continually squandering and indulging only herself, with out a care for others around her.
Who you going to charitably, in "good faith", "donate" to?
(Be advised-your answer will speak volumes of your character)
You do understand there's a difference between panhandling and prostitution don't you? I ask because your scenarios seem to imply they are synonymous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
On what? Physics is a fairly vast "field".
On your claim that physics, or the lack of instruction on physics (wtf?), and some sort of hypocrisy dealing with physics (presumably on this thread) all provide evidence of your god.

It's a typical pile of steaming troll crap.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
On your claim that physics, or the lack of instruction on physics (wtf?), and some sort of hypocrisy dealing with physics (presumably on this thread) all provide evidence of your god.
It's a typical pile of steaming troll crap.
You don't like Physics?

I don't know how any edu system would expect it's next generations to have a half a LOGICAL, rational inkling about anything-let alone succeed, without at least SOME baseline study of.

And I already realize alot of IT is a pile of steam rolling crap. Thank goodness there's instructional enhancements in those area too!

(getting the picture yet?)

:-)

Have a nice day-WORM.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No!
Failed Mormonism
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like Physics?
I don't know how any edu system would expect it's next generations to have a half a LOGICAL, rational inkling about anything-let alone succeed, without at least SOME baseline study of.
And I already realize alot of IT is a pile of steam rolling crap. Thank goodness there's instructional enhancements in those area too!
(getting the picture yet?)
:-)
Not really, I have no idea how your rambling nonsense above answers my question.
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day-WORM.
Thanks, I am having a nice day. Why do you sign your posts as "WORM", but use the name "ProvenScience"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
What if "God" is hailed from dieties of doctors?
(stupid comments are replied to as stupid comments say......)
English isn't your native language is it?
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again you trust they spoke for a god. You are blindly trusting the ancient men who you really do not even know. You trust words in a book that were compiled by a group of men in the fourth century put together by a king.
BTW, you are making claims about me that I never made, again. You have a bad habit of doing that.
But I understand why you have such false perceptions.
You don't require animal sacrifices? Funny, the bible demands people to have them. But of course they are silly and are just part of a brainwashing process, as all religious rituals are.
I understand this, you do not.
Have you tried to humble yourself before Zeus? How about Thor?
1)You trust words in a book that were compiled by a group of men in the fourth century put together by a king.

As usual,you err. We who trust the Bible ,do so,because we have tested what it teaches and have found those teachings to be true and accurate.
There are those who have not tested them,and are unable and unwilling to do so.
There are those,who claim to have been believers,but are unable and or ,unwilling to state what they believed in and why they believed as they did.
Based on that illogical criteria,they,somehow,feel qualified to correctly interpret the reasons for our beliefs and attributing our reasons to superstition or magic....
Logically speaking,one who neither understands or whose knowledge of a particular subject is flawed,is hardly qualified to accurately discuss that subject and their opinions should be readily dismissed.
That one may be able to nail a board to a wall,hardly qualifies him to be a carpenter.
That one has read a book on brain surgery,but has never practiced the instructions contained therein,hardly qualifies him to be a brain surgeon

2)BTW, you are making claims about me that I never made, again.

You make a claim,without providing any evidence..Since you do not provide a basis for your claim,it is deemed to be baseless

3)You have a bad habit of doing that.

I don't ,you do

4)But I understand why you have such false perceptions.
You don't require animal sacrifices? Funny, the bible demands people to have them. But of course they are silly and are just part of a brainwashing process, as all religious rituals are.
I understand this, you do not.

No,you DO NOT understand.you simply pick out a verse in Scriptures and give it the interpretation you want,in order to justify your beliefs,
It is obvious that you do not understand the reasons for animal sacrifices and their meaning,nor do you understand why it was necessary for Christ to come in order to fulfill the law and the prophets.

Go and find out what is meant by the scripture that says:‘It is kindness that I want, not animal sacrifices.’ I have not come to call respectable people, but outcasts

4)Have you tried to humble yourself before Zeus? How about Thor

In an effort to validate your misguided beliefs ,You keep regurgitating the same nonsense
Although,at some point in time,there were those who believed in Thor and Zeus,it is quite evident that they were mythical non beings.
No one claims that they are prophesying on their behalf,no one claims to have been instructed by them and they most certainly did not provide instructions as to how they may be contacted.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I was once a believer, so your argument fails yet again.
I am humble enough not to make claims I cannot back up, unlike yourself.
Of course I cannot prove you do not hear inaudible, still voices in your head. But I can assume you do not really hear them but are experiencing exactly what all believers of most all gods do. Thus it stands to REASON, that you are in delusion. Can I prove you are in delusion? Again, I am not as arrogant as you, so no.
1)[="Mike Duquette"]<quoted text>I was once a believer, so your argument fails yet again.

Says I You claim that you were once a believer,but you have never explained what you believed in or the reasons why you believed as you did

2)I am humble enough not to make claims I cannot back up, unlike yourself.

Does that mean that you can not back up your claims for having once being a believer?
And that,since you can not back up those claims,you humbly refuse to do so.

On the other hand,I have been asked about the basis for my faith,to which I have responded.
I ,explicitly,stated the reasons for my faith,when it was questioned.

Because I provided an answer which you find unacceptable,and specified that my answer was not based on my personal opinion,but based on the teachings of Scripture,you claim that I was arrogant.

3)Of course I cannot prove you do not hear inaudible, still voices in your head. But I can assume you do not really hear them but are experiencing exactly what all believers of most all gods do. Thus it stands to REASON, that you are in delusion. Can I prove you are in delusion? Again, I am not as arrogant as you, so no.

You are right,you can not prove,but you can assume. Your assumptions have led you to conclude that it stands to reason that I am delusional,but ,as you said,you lack the evidence to prove what you have assumed.
You claim not to be arrogant,then you contradict yourself.
One has to be arrogant when one claims they have no evidence to prove their allegations,then claim that it stands to reason that their allegations are correct...Such logic,such humility.......is incomprehensible

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't ,you do
Using the "I know you are, but what am I?" argument made popular by schoolyard playgrounds all across America. Not bad, for a petulant child.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In an effort to validate your misguided beliefs ,You keep regurgitating the same nonsense
That's rich, coming from you. King incurious of the broken record...of the broken record...of the broken record.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Although,at some point in time,there were those who believed in Thor and Zeus,it is quite evident that they were mythical non beings.
Evidenced by what? What evidence do you have that neither Zeus or Thor exist? Please do share. I'm on pins and needles...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
...You claim that you were once a believer,but you have never explained what you believed in or the reasons why you believed as you did...
So you are calling him a liar? How Christ-like of you. Your god must be so disappointed...
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
First time I've seen those lol.
You’d be welcome to join us in Sunday worship with Mrs. Bowers at Landover Baptist, God’s favorite church:
http://landoverbaptist.org
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Egg, that was easy
According to Scientists,YOU ARE WRONG
It is an age-old riddle that has perplexed generations: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Now British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer: The CHICKEN

The scientific and philosophical mystery was purportedly unraveled by researchers at Sheffield and Warwick universities, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken.

The protein speeds up the development of the hard shell, which is essential in protecting the delicate yolk and fluids while the chick grows inside the egg, the report said.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," said Dr. Colin Freeman, from Sheffield University's Department of Engineering Materials, according to the Mail.

"The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation, but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process," he said.

I found this part very interesting
The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken.

If the egg can only exist if it has been created inside a chicken,then where did the chicken come from,and from whence,their ability to create eggs,so there would be a continuation of the species....
That can be explained if;
He who created the chicken,provided said chicken with the ability to reproduce itself and knowing this,confidently informed it to go forth and reproduce after it's kind.
Otherwise,we can try and explain it by citing some unexplainable
events that may or may not have happened billions of years ago,which no one observed,nor can they duplicate.....

Agree

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Bring prayer back in all schools!!!
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So you are calling him a liar? How Christ-like of you. Your god must be so disappointed...
After reading all that was posted,it is you that reached that conclusion.
Not having the courage to stand up ,and take responsibility for what YOU have concluded,you chose to relay the message by attributing that conclusion to me......
If you have concluded that he was lying and have a basis on which to base your belief,then you need have the courage to stand up for what you believe in....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading all that was posted,it is you that reached that conclusion.
Not having the courage to stand up ,and take responsibility for what YOU have concluded,you chose to relay the message by attributing that conclusion to me......
If you have concluded that he was lying and have a basis on which to base your belief,then you need have the courage to stand up for what you believe in....
Au contraire, idiot. I believe that he was a believer. I have no reason to doubt what he says. You, on the other hand...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Agree wrote:
Bring prayer back in all schools!!!
No.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Au contraire, idiot. I believe that he was a believer. I have no reason to doubt what he says. You, on the other hand...
1)Au contraire, idiot.

I,also,am able to express myself,in other languages
porta fa ende radeskatzu dum aff eurnynoobebrha,uglupich malpa,orokana saru

2) I believe that he was a believer.

What do you believe,he believed in...He ain't told me

4) I have no reason to doubt what he says.

I have no reason to doubt it either,I just do not understand it

5)You, on the other hand..

Have 4 fingers and a thumb

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Obama Zombies 150,263
Charmaine 15 min wow 4
Churches 29 min Neighbor 6
Need Prayer 44 min Neighbor 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr well 16,127
D Boone Days 4 hr hey 4
Tiffany foley 5 hr Just saying 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000