Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,062

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103286 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,I don't necessarily agree with that statement.
I have often misunderstood parts of the Bible,because I have chosen to give my OWN interpretation to certain verses,by taking them LITERALLY.
This happens not only wiith unbelievers,but,believers also
What I have found is that if I ,diligently look for the answer,I will find it in Scriptures
As you know,this has been proven on several occassions ,right here.
Allow me to give you an example right out of Scriptures,based on a conversation Jesus had with Nicodemus.
I believe you are familiar with this;
Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked.“Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!
5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.7You should not be surprised at my saying,'You must be born again.'8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."9 "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked. 10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?
If,Nicodemus,being a teacher,did not understand these things,it was because he was not familiar with the teachings of Scripture and had not understood their meaning,provided in
Ezekiel 36:25-27
25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances
Seems Jesus took Ezekiel literally and Nicodemus did not.
And we see many Christians debate what is to be taken literally and what is not, in the bible. Thus we have a multitude of denominations and sects, who I am sure all diligently try to understand what the bible is saying. But all are so arrogant as to think their sect is correct.

Seems to me, if the bible was less vague, their would be less disagreement of its intent.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103287 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would have picked up on what was inferred in my statement
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible,,,,,,with God..
My fault,I should have made what I meant,ABSOLUTELY CLEAR
Yes, you should make your statements to be more clear, and if the bible did, their would be less dispute of its intent.
Yet even believers cannot agree on its intent.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103288 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would have picked up on what was inferred in my statement
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible,,,,,,with God..
My fault,I should have made what I meant,ABSOLUTELY CLEAR
I find it curious you use capital letters here as if yelling at me, but you admit the fault was yours.
Typical failure of turning the other cheek.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103289 May 12, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to you. Every time I think you can't possibly say anything dumber, you prove me wrong.
You are either ignorant by nature or pretend to be,as you totally took what I said out of context.
This is what I posted,in it's entirety,which you,in your IGNORANCE,took out of context.

My belief and faith in God IS not based on what other people have told me,as you falsely claim.
My belief and faith in God are based on my testing his Instructions as to how he may be found
If anyone had deceived me about God's existence,it was God himself.
And how did God prove to me,He does not exist?
By answering my prayers and thereby proving that he does exist.
That being the case,ACCORDING TO YOUR LOGIC,God deceived me into believing he does not exist,by proving to me,that he does exist.
There is something seriously wrong with your logic

Says I
Whether you are ignorant by nature or by design,I am unable to answer that.
That you are ignorant,is proven by your response. No further evidence needed

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103290 May 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooooo!
Brainwashed to Love our Neighbor!.....
I'm so ashamed!
You compare Apples, and incendiaries!
Talk about someone who has not learned a thing?
Go figure!
You do not treat your neighbors here with what I see as love. So if this is love, then your love is crap.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103291 May 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christians I know of... don't hold mass!
That's a catholic thing!
Catholics and protestants have had long wars over this dispute. Religion of peace my ass. Love your neighbor with war? Well if you read the OT, you will see that is the way of your god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103292 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either ignorant by nature or pretend to be,as you totally took what I said out of context.
This is what I posted,in it's entirety,which you,in your IGNORANCE,took out of context.
My belief and faith in God IS not based on what other people have told me,as you falsely claim.
My belief and faith in God are based on my testing his Instructions as to how he may be found
If anyone had deceived me about God's existence,it was God himself.
And how did God prove to me,He does not exist?
By answering my prayers and thereby proving that he does exist.
That being the case,ACCORDING TO YOUR LOGIC,God deceived me into believing he does not exist,by proving to me,that he does exist.
There is something seriously wrong with your logic
Says I
Whether you are ignorant by nature or by design,I am unable to answer that.
That you are ignorant,is proven by your response. No further evidence needed
Again, the critical flaw of your argument is in the part that says "his instructions". You trust the men who claimed these are gods actual instructions. These men might not actually be speaking for a god. They might be speaking for a religion that has no god. They might just be telling you the tried and true way to brainwashing, as I have demonstrated this is the tried and true way.
None of these concepts are devoid of mans concepts. So to claim they are gods concepts is a denial of human nature.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#103293 May 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics listen to this ghost they claim is holy, and hear this inaudible still small voice. Who are you to say they do not hear it?
Don't let YaA confuse you...it's called a "conscience", because ignorance is NO excuse.

How about those pics in Argentin-- Sth America's equiv of Salton Sea?

(off the cuff comment-without having researched anything any further)

Macabees, Herodians, Sherifians...shifting of plate tectonics, Bueller, Picot anyone?:-P
ProvenScience

London, KY

#103294 May 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics and protestants have had long wars over this dispute. Religion of peace my ass. Love your neighbor with war? Well if you read the OT, you will see that is the way of your god.
Just goes to show anyone, stupidity knows no specific label lol.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103295 May 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What I picked up on was your poor ability to write what you think clearly.
The statement you made is nonsensical if you leave out the critical parts.
Yes,but when you searched diligently,and the human,not spiritual author,of that statement,was able to clarify what was meant,and now you are able to understand .
How much more then,Can God lead you to understand his teachings,if you diligently seek an answer.
Des thay make sense to you?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103296 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is blind and God is love
You've been blinded by God from above
Being a foolish and arrogant man
You can't see
but you think you can
Got evidence that god is love?
Arrogance is claiming something so absolute yet have zero evidence to back up the claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103297 May 12, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let YaA confuse you...it's called a "conscience", because ignorance is NO excuse.
How about those pics in Argentine-- Sth America's equiv of Salton Sea?
(off the cuff comment-without having researched anything any further)
Macabees, Herodians, Sherifians...shifting of plate tectonics, Bueller, Picot anyone?:-P
How about those pics of Argentine? How about those Maccabees (not Macabees)? If you have a claim about them, then make it. I cannot read your mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103298 May 12, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show anyone, stupidity knows no specific label lol.
If you dispute something I say, then demonstrate how it is wrong. Just calling people names just makes your religion look like a philosophy of hate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103299 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,but when you searched diligently,and the human,not spiritual author,of that statement,was able to clarify what was meant,and now you are able to understand .
How much more then,Can God lead you to understand his teachings,if you diligently seek an answer.
You brought up something I was not questioning, so I am not sure what you are proving?
I do not dispute your religion is of the superstition one must get some magic water thrown upon you in order to get the magical afterlife.
I am not sure if any Christians dispute this superstitious claim. But their are a lot of disputes among Christians of what the bible is wanting you to do, so pick one of those for an example and lets start there.
I pointed out Jesus took the OT literally, so do you take all of the OT literally?
You avoid so many of my points and questions. What are you running from?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103300 May 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Got evidence that god is love?
Arrogance is claiming something so absolute yet have zero evidence to back up the claim.
yes I do,but my posting was in response to somthing LOL posted,where HE claimed God was love.
You will probably believe his erroneous version of God's love
since it is based on nonsense and gibberish,which it,he,she is noted for
Mine is based on John 3;16

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103301 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
First you need to show me god has any teachings. I dispute the bible, Koran or the Torah is of a gods teachings. I think they are mans teachings. Flawed men who have little to no knowledge of how nature works. Men you take as writing the perfect word of a god.
You see, your logic of belief is circular.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#103302 May 12, 2013
Lol, there is no god just ignorance. Love is a word for animal attraction. These things I claim, speak for your god not me.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103303 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

In the last 60 years or so,Science has made 2 important" discoveries"
The Universe had a beginning and that the minerals contained in dirt are also found in the human Body.
Genesis begins with" In the begining,God created the Heavens and the Earth, and continues
And God made man,out of the dust of the ground.
What Science is not able to explain is the process that made us into living intelligent beings,created out of unintelligent unliving matter.
It is from that foundation,on tot knowing,that they proceed to explain to us ,how this process might have taken place.
If your foundation is based on something you do not understand or have no knowledge as to how it occurred,then your conclusions are totally invalid,there are no facts or evidence to support them...period
So how did god make life? The bible claims he "spoke" and made it so. This makes no sense. It really tells us nothing and is not a foundation. It is simply a claim of a magical being that came from nothing. Intelligence from nothing?

You are making a claim that you cannot show with evidence. And the evidence is not on your side that humans were created out of dirt as the bible claims it happened. Being of the same substance does not mean it happened as the bible claimed.
You take the creation story literally and it is clear the universe,earth, animals, plants and man were not created in six days. So the story is either literal, or it is not. You cannot have it both ways.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103304 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I do,but my posting was in response to somthing LOL posted,where HE claimed God was love.
You will probably believe his erroneous version of God's love
since it is based on nonsense and gibberish,which it,he,she is noted for
Mine is based on John 3;16
Yours is based upon ancient mans claims.
happy

Duluth, GA

#103305 May 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>The Earth is 6,000 years old.
4300 +/- years ago the entire Earth was flooded to a depth that covered the mountains.
The Creator of all space-time impregnated a carpenter's wife - who just happened to still be a virgin...?
YOU are proud to believe all the crap you say?
Its amazing the lengths people will go to to preserve their God Given Right to remain blissfully unaware.
Well Buddha is not alive the Muslims are the haters and my God is all about love. It's sad that you r to unwilling to see that but you will be the one that suffers for longer than you could ever imagine for denying your own maker. I'm happy to believe what I do as you are. Hope your life is happy. Good luck with all that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min LMAO 5,271
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr brad 153,843
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr Hook 12
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 2 hr Confused 6
2 good husbands free 2 hr Mrs Baseball 3
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 3 hr Stay away 1
Salon perfection 4 hr SH 11
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 9 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 10 hr True Anon 14
•••