Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#103268 May 12, 2013
And there would be a few who would have direct contact with the BB and understand its intentions from the holy text on the container.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103269 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I do not expect you to listen to us about how the human mind works, as you and most devout Christians demean science.
I don't demean science,but,I do highly question their theories,especially when it comes to evolution ,the creation of the universe and how life and intelligence came into being.
The latter two,they have absolutely no idea as to how life and intelligence were made..
And it is on that nonexistent foundation that Science and Evolutionists build their theories.
You know what they say,if your foundation is based on nothing,you can not build on it,for there is nothing there to support it.
Evolution is not based upon any claims of how life started, so your entire theory fails here.
Evolution is how life changes, not starts. How it started is not relevant to how it changes.
But thanks for telling us how much you demean science. Try looking up the word "demean" and start using it correctly please.

Oh, and science does have some hypothesis on how intelligence evolved. But I understand why you fail to know this as people who are so demeaning of science usually do not know much science.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103270 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is blind and God is love
You've been blinded by God from above
Being a foolish and arrogant man
You can't see
but you think you can
I dispute the claim that love is blind.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103271 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

According to your science or logic,you all concluded that,my mind had deceived me,that time was irrelevant and some other nonsense that I do not recall.
In essence,your simplistic analysis was based on one thing only,since you do not believe in God,then,something else had to be responsible for answering my prayers
And in the process,you all were grasping for straws.
You did not experience what I did,nor did you understand the events that led to my prayers being answered.
In spite of all that,all of you felt qualified to explain what had occurred.
I gave a plausible explanation for your blind faith and hearing inaudible voices. I showed how most religions make the same claim, thus I showed evidence my hypothesis has validity.
Of course I cannot prove you do not hear magical voices, and I am not trying to prove it. I am trying to show plausibility.
I am showing likelihoods.

Science often is not about proving something but more about showing likelihoods.
But I understand when someone is so demeaning of science, they often do not even understand this basic concept of science.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103272 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

The criteria I used is contained in the Bible. I followed the instructions and I received the results as God had promised,therefore,it was tried,tested and found to be true.. That is something that unbelievers are unable to accept. The fact that you are unable to accept that,in no way,invalidates my findings.
Most every religion uses the same metric. I suppose a few might not, but I am not familiar with any that do not. Would you like to tell me what religion does not use this metric?

If most use this metric and the followers get the same sort of perceived results, then it stands to reason that yours is no more valid than theirs.
It is thus highly plausible that the idea of believing in a god is due to false perception rather than inaudible voices being heard and the like.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103273 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
.
How do I know your logic is faulty?
By using your logic,you have concluded that God does not exist.
Those who are trained in logic will tell you that logic can neither prove or disprove the existence of God.
Where is this"overwhelming Logic"?
I do not see it and you did not provide it
I just gave you a logical response
As a matter of fact,in your other posting,you emquired about Deut 13;6-10 and asked me to give you an explanation,which I told you could find in Deuteronomy12
And anytime you have a question,feel free to ask,I will do all I can to help you
Did I make a claim "god does not exist"? No, so your argument fails.
I think the likelihood of a god existing is slim to none.
I think many things in the bible are immoral. Thus I argue against blind faith due to the likelihood of blind followers being immoral or causing problems that impact society in ways that are not good in my opinion.
Demeaning science is one, and these days, fighting gay marriage is another. Some are still killing infidels. Promoting blind faith is promoting the ideas that leads to these people killing infidels.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103274 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

As a matter of fact,in your other posting,you emquired about Deut 13;6-10 and asked me to give you an explanation,which I told you could find in Deuteronomy12
And anytime you have a question,feel free to ask,I will do all I can to help you
I asked you to tell me, not Deuteronomy. Still waiting for your answer. I looked at 12 and could not find an answer to my question.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103275 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible.
"Nothing is possible?" I believe it is possible to type out words that show typing and the internet is possible.
You see, one can believe god is likely myth yet still have belief in something.
Your logic is consistently proved flawed.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103276 May 12, 2013
So sad wrote:
<quoted text> so sad that we have to a decision about prayer in school! It should be allowed!
Now if the school in Kentucky would just teach you how to write correctly.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103277 May 12, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you say
Abortion is A-Ok!
Here's a clue for you...
Wrong is Wrong!
So Deuteronomy is wrong?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103278 May 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I will give you that one, but take note that the Christian who brought this up seems to not be able to understand her holy book.
But I can see her point, as the scriptures are so vague, one can interpret them in a multitude of ways, as evidenced by the multitude of denominations and sects. Evidently the ghost you guys call holy is failing to help all Christians interpret that vague book.
Well,I don't necessarily agree with that statement.
I have often misunderstood parts of the Bible,because I have chosen to give my OWN interpretation to certain verses,by taking them LITERALLY.
This happens not only wiith unbelievers,but,believers also
What I have found is that if I ,diligently look for the answer,I will find it in Scriptures
As you know,this has been proven on several occassions ,right here.
Allow me to give you an example right out of Scriptures,based on a conversation Jesus had with Nicodemus.
I believe you are familiar with this;

Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked.“Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!

5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.7You should not be surprised at my saying,'You must be born again.'8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."9 "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked. 10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?

If,Nicodemus,being a teacher,did not understand these things,it was because he was not familiar with the teachings of Scripture and had not understood their meaning,provided in
Ezekiel 36:25-27
25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103279 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
...
If anyone had deceived me about God's existence,it was God himself.
And how did God prove to me,He does not exist?
By answering my prayers and thereby proving that he does exist.
...
Kudos to you. Every time I think you can't possibly say anything dumber, you prove me wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103280 May 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you mention it...
In the Beginning, he was a "Good" prophet, BUT, even he said he might have been led astray by satan....
Thus all the beheadings, and brutalities we have today from
The Religion of Peace!
Hahahahahahaha!
Are you telling me that all the prophets of the bible were never lead astray?
Christianity lead the crusades and inquisitions yet has the nerve to call themselves the religion of peace?
I think many religions are based upon the wars they fought. Christianity would be nothing without Constantine and his conquering ways.
The whole old testament is a story of war based upon religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103281 May 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you mention it...
In the Beginning, he was a "Good" prophet, BUT, even he said he might have been led astray by satan....
Thus all the beheadings, and brutalities we have today from
The Religion of Peace!
Hahahahahahaha!
You mean they should question their faith? Great, now you try it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103282 May 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>To know one God Loves you, and wants you with Him, and
another god wants you to blow up school busses, and cut off heads?
Teach it all!
Who are you to say their god is not the one true god?
They listen to that inaudible still small voice. They just want you to be with their god, so they blow you up. Fast track to heaven, so why do you resist?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103283 May 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Nothing is possible?" I believe it is possible to type out words that show typing and the internet is possible.
You see, one can believe god is likely myth yet still have belief in something.
Your logic is consistently proved flawed.
I thought you would have picked up on what was inferred in my statement
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible,,,,,,with God..
My fault,I should have made what I meant,ABSOLUTELY CLEAR

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103284 May 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christians I know of... don't hold mass!
That's a catholic thing!
Catholics listen to this ghost they claim is holy, and hear this inaudible still small voice. Who are you to say they do not hear it?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103285 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would have picked up on what was inferred in my statement
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible,,,,,,with God..
My fault,I should have made what I meant,ABSOLUTELY CLEAR
What I picked up on was your poor ability to write what you think clearly.
The statement you made is nonsensical if you leave out the critical parts.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103286 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,I don't necessarily agree with that statement.
I have often misunderstood parts of the Bible,because I have chosen to give my OWN interpretation to certain verses,by taking them LITERALLY.
This happens not only wiith unbelievers,but,believers also
What I have found is that if I ,diligently look for the answer,I will find it in Scriptures
As you know,this has been proven on several occassions ,right here.
Allow me to give you an example right out of Scriptures,based on a conversation Jesus had with Nicodemus.
I believe you are familiar with this;
Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked.“Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!
5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.7You should not be surprised at my saying,'You must be born again.'8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."9 "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked. 10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?
If,Nicodemus,being a teacher,did not understand these things,it was because he was not familiar with the teachings of Scripture and had not understood their meaning,provided in
Ezekiel 36:25-27
25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances
Seems Jesus took Ezekiel literally and Nicodemus did not.
And we see many Christians debate what is to be taken literally and what is not, in the bible. Thus we have a multitude of denominations and sects, who I am sure all diligently try to understand what the bible is saying. But all are so arrogant as to think their sect is correct.

Seems to me, if the bible was less vague, their would be less disagreement of its intent.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103287 May 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would have picked up on what was inferred in my statement
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible,,,,,,with God..
My fault,I should have made what I meant,ABSOLUTELY CLEAR
Yes, you should make your statements to be more clear, and if the bible did, their would be less dispute of its intent.
Yet even believers cannot agree on its intent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min American Lady 155,405
Marica 1015 9 min Looker 1
Stealing from child's grave 12 min D Rogers 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 40 min yeah man 7,183
barbourville utitlities ripoff 1 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr former ho 5
food stamps 3 hr not right 42

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]