Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,934)

Showing posts 98,661 - 98,680 of128,542
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you guys clearly dont follow that one, otherwise this post would of died years ago lol
It still could die!
Repent, or leave!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still zero evidence supporting this "spirit" thing, I mean, that's if you could even find two people who agree on what the "spirit" is and offer up one solid definition of it.
There is WAY more than two... Go figure!
Believe what you want to!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence points to a god, and your "irreducible complexity" nonsense has been debunked a thousand times. Do you ever learn anything?
Well then...
Just take one tire from your car, and drive 2 miles!
Only Nonsense to people like you!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering how long it would take before Behe's bullshite started popping up in here again. The flagellum like all other examples of "irreducible complexity" have been refuted by both experimentation and observation many times over. There isn't a single example of irreducible complexity that has held up to scrutiny. You're being sold snake oil by a group of charlatans at the Discovery Institute.
Hmmmmm, refuted by God haters...
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in that bubble so as to remained brainwashed as the terrorists do.
Did you learn nothing from 9/11?
Ooooooo!
Brainwashed to Love our Neighbor!.....
I'm so ashamed!
You compare Apples, and incendiaries!
Talk about someone who has not learned a thing?
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
White sheets and crosses. Kinda like a christian mass.
Christians I know of... don't hold mass!
That's a catholic thing!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I have seen the sun, still see no "spirit." You have zero evidence that there is such a thing as "spirit" or "soul," just made up fantasies.
So... you admit you are ignorant of the facts!
Good starting point!
Now.... search for yourself, do the work, and find "Your" soul!
We'll be right here waiting for your report!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
A Moment of Zen... Ran across this beauty today while chasing a sunset..
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9...
Nice!
:-)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmm, refuted by God haters...
Go figure!
God haters? I doubt it. Ignorance haters yes. I don't hate your god. I just don't think it's real.

It's funny to me that most of you science haters (to use your vernacular) easily dismiss the findings of the scientific community claiming ulterior motives...yet readily accept the BS that the Discovery Institute doles out without batting an eye.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think you reject those particular ideas in science? Do you accept Einstein's ideas about physics? somehow means science is broken or scientists are lying.So do not pay lip service to science while stabbing at it like a wild man with stories of lost dogs.
1)Why do you think you reject those particular ideas in science? Do you accept Einstein's ideas about physics? What about quantum physics? Because those theories are deeply troubling to the idea of a god. When you can explain how matter behaves right down to levels so tiny, so minute we can barely even say anything about them then where exactly does god live and work? Is he just a clockmaker that set things into motion then stepped back...tick-tock? Is he a tinkerer, dabbling in physics? If so, why haven't we detected his hand at work? Our natural explanations seem to be adequate to explain what we see. Is god actively hiding from us? Why?

Says I
In the last 60 years or so,Science has made 2 important" discoveries"
The Universe had a beginning and that the minerals contained in dirt are also found in the human Body.
Genesis begins with" In the begining,God created the Heavens and the Earth, and continues
And God made man,out of the dust of the ground.

What Science is not able to explain is the process that made us into living intelligent beings,created out of unintelligent unliving matter.
It is from that foundation,on tot knowing,that they proceed to explain to us ,how this process might have taken place.
If your foundation is based on something you do not understand or have no knowledge as to how it occurred,then your conclusions are totally invalid,there are no facts or evidence to support them...period

Based on that faulty foundation,we are supposed to believe that this unintelligent unliving matter,somehow,was able to create the incredible living,intelligent machine that we are

That is not Science,that is Science fiction.
You and those who are claiming to trust and believe Science in order to determine God's existence.
As you said," Our natural explanations seem to be adequate to explain what we see"
clearly demonstrate that you do not understand and contradict that which you believe in
Science,by it's own definition,clearly states that it does not posses the tools to either confirm or deny God's existence. Science operates in the natural world,NOT the Spiritual

You misinterpret Science in an effort to justify your beliefs.
It is you,that does not understand Science.
Now you ask the questions" Is god actively hiding from us? Why?

You claim that you know the Scriptures and are able to interpret what they mean.
If that is so,then,YOU would know the answer to those questions and would have no need to ask them,since the answers are very clearly stated in Scriptures
Not only that,but,those answers I have clearly addressed before and you refused to accept them.
My faith is based on it having been tested,according to the instructions contained in Scriptures and you know very well the reasons why you are unable to understand what I mean.
You simply are unable and unwilling to put it to the test,as you have clearly stated.

Your stated that the reasons for my faith are" You are a magical thinker.So do not pay lip service to science while stabbing at it like a wild man with stories of lost dogs"
That is a total misrepresentation of that which I have often stated.

1)So,you have misinterpreted Science,.

2)you have misinterpreted Scriptures and

3) you have misinterpreted the reasons I have given as the basis for my faith,,,,,,And I am supposed to trust your judgement?

I also have faith in the rules of baseball,,,3 strikes and you are out

You stated in your last posting that we had nothing further to discuss,yet,you keep coming back to the same subject... But that is OK with me.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No because my belief in Jesus Christ comes from faith. My confirmation from the Holy Ghost was stronger, more personal, and more powerful than anything I have ever experienced before. That's why I am unshakable in my faith that Jesus is the Christ.
As we have all told you, we do not hear any ghosts, holy or unholy, so this confirmation never comes. I guess it does not come for the Muslims, Jews and Hindu's either. I guess their ghost tells them other things.
It is as if when someone grows up being told who a god, prophet or messiah is, they then here inaudible ghosts that confirm their beliefs.
Or we could look at another possibility. Maybe they are just brainwashed. Maybe they are just hearing what they wish to hear.
Now which one of these sounds more plausible?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The exact same question is what made Joseph Smith go off by himself and ask God which church to join.
Revelation from God is the only way we can know.
See my last post.
As for Joe Smith, a plausible explanation is, he made up the whole story for profit, and he is not really a prophet. Just as Ron H. made up some Scientology story for profit and is no prophet. Just as Mohammed made up a story for profit and is no prophet.

Can you see the trend? The evidence shows people can just make up stories and believers of the story feel they hear inaudible voices that confirm the story that they already believe.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends what you put your faith in. Aren't you glad Christians have faith in Christ that tells us to turn the other cheek? You would be dead now if you were in an Islamic country speaking this way about their beliefs.
I would have been killed by Christians if I lived in the days of the inquisitions and crusades. Glad your team finally got the memo that killing infidels is not moral. Tell Deuteronomy.

I do not think it was Jesus that stopped the killing of infidels, I think it was secularism. Note when the killing of infidels by Christians slowed down? It was when the enlightenment came. It was when the governments started to follow secular rules instead of religious rules.

Also take note of how many Christians fail to turn the other cheek on a continuous basis. As if this is not something a Christian even strives for. Just look at "Yes and amen".

Note that the Muslims are anti-secularism. This is why they are still open to killing infidels. It is legal in their countries. Why? Because their countries follow the laws of their religions. All based upon blind faith.

Does your church turn the other cheek to homosexual marriage? Nope.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have been deceived by the people who told you that their god was real.
I have often been deceived by people,that is human nature at work.
That is why I do not trust human nature,nor in your attempts to be deceptive.
My belief and faith in God IS not based on what other people have told me,as you falsely claim.
My belief and faith in God are based on my testing his Instructions as to how he may be found
If anyone had deceived me about God's existence,it was God himself.
And how did God prove to me,He does not exist?
By answering my prayers and thereby proving that he does exist.
That being the case,according to your logic,God deceived me into believing he does not exist,by proving to me,that he does exist.
There is something seriously wrong with your logic

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
By your response,you have confirmed about yourselves,that which I posted and to which you are responding.
If,as you claim,you know and understand how to interpret the Bible,then,you would most assuredly,not need an explanation of Deuteronomy 13;6-10,since the explanation is contained in Deuteronomy chapter 12.
Obviously,you need someone to help you find the answer and I,gladly have just told you where you can find it.
You have stated that,the Holy Ghost has not answered your many questions,
You have also stated that you are able to understand and interpret the Bible.
Let us put that to the test.
Based on your interpretation of Scriptures,what would cause the Holy spirit not to answer your questions?
Can you provide an honest response?
I know, one must drink the cool aid in order to hear the inaudible still voice of the ghost that is called holy.

And I know some Christians think Deuteronomy 12 is saying the murdering of infidels is only to steal land (promised land) from others, for this one time. Yet I cannot find any passage that says this. All I see is a bunch of silly superstitious stuff about pouring animal blood on the ground.

Now I ask you again, seeing as how you run as predicted, explain to me how Deuteronomy 13 6-10 is moral? Tell me how murdering someone for trying to sway you into believing another god is moral?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often been deceived by people,that is human nature at work.
That is why I do not trust human nature,nor in your attempts to be deceptive.
My belief and faith in God IS not based on what other people have told me,as you falsely claim.
My belief and faith in God are based on my testing his Instructions as to how he may be found
If anyone had deceived me about God's existence,it was God himself.
And how did God prove to me,He does not exist?
By answering my prayers and thereby proving that he does exist.
That being the case,according to your logic,God deceived me into believing he does not exist,by proving to me,that he does exist.
There is something seriously wrong with your logic
Who is the person you are listening to that tells you how to find the god? Well it certainly could be a deceptive person. But for some reason you have double standards on who you listen to.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again,based on your misinterpretation of the bible,you err.
Where in the Bible,does it say, that I SHOULD NOT SHARE the basis for MY faith with unbelievers?
Can you point that out to me?
Moreover,since you claim to know Scriptures..
Can you point out where it says that I SHOULD share my faith with unbelievers.
It's in there,can you find it?
I will give you that one, but take note that the Christian who brought this up seems to not be able to understand her holy book.
But I can see her point, as the scriptures are so vague, one can interpret them in a multitude of ways, as evidenced by the multitude of denominations and sects. Evidently the ghost you guys call holy is failing to help all Christians interpret that vague book.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
At 3 AM when the it's dark,,,, do you still believe a sun exixsts....? You can't see it. If you throw 5000 BB's in your front yard,,,, and you find 4999,,,, does the 1 not exist? Someone made a comment about faith and the 9/11 attack,,, I won't compare that to what I believe. I'll simply say I serve a god that could have save each soul involved.
Just how is your faith any different than those that believe in Islam?
Of course you refuse to compare, as most people who are brainwashed refuse to compare his blind faith to anything that might wake them from their slumber.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives .." I think that was wrote for Mothers..,

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
At 3 AM when the it's dark,,,, do you still believe a sun exixsts....? You can't see it. If you throw 5000 BB's in your front yard,,,, and you find 4999,,,, does the 1 not exist? Someone made a comment about faith and the 9/11 attack,,, I won't compare that to what I believe. I'll simply say I serve a god that could have save each soul involved.
If you actually have the BB's at one point, then it is evidenced that the BB's are real. So your example fails.
And if various people have these BB's and throw them, do you think they would argue about what the one missing BB was actually like?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,661 - 98,680 of128,542
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any couples into SCAT??? 12 min Dirty SCAT couple 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 146,084
legalize marijuana 2 hr ole hippy 4
Stacy frost carnes 2 hr ditched 9
Ky Biscuit Company 2 hr same here 13
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Just Watching 1
I'm looking for a hot female to playfully BED W... 3 hr Frank 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000