Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,933)

Showing posts 98,641 - 98,660 of123,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Lmfao, "harvard", o god I can't breath tooooo f*cking funny, and a "mensa member" on topics fighting hypocrisy...o lord this is good shiite lmao. Keep it coming religies this comedy club is now open, "harvard" roflmfao.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

"I don't understand how X could be, without something else (that I don't really understand either) making or doing X. This something else must be God because I can't come up with a better explanation. Therefore, God exists."

Pretty much sums up belief.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No because my belief in Jesus Christ comes from faith. My confirmation from the Holy Ghost was stronger, more personal, and more powerful than anything I have ever experienced before. That's why I am unshakable in my faith that Jesus is the Christ.
So when a Muslim says he believes in Mohammed due to faith, what is your answer?
My point is, you and the Muslim and every religion use the same sort of metric, which is blind faith.
It stands to reason not all of you can be correct. So none can really make a claim of being correct with evidence. So it is just a claim, no more valid than claiming Leprechauns exist.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No because my belief in Jesus Christ comes from faith. My confirmation from the Holy Ghost was stronger, more personal, and more powerful than anything I have ever experienced before. That's why I am unshakable in my faith that Jesus is the Christ.
Do you think the 9/11 hijackers faith was shakeable?

9/11 was probably event that lead me to non belief. The event showed me the value of faith. So when you speak of this faith, all I hear is the screams of 9/11.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
bahhahahahahahahaha HA.
Dirt burrowing Worm.
bahhahahahahahahaha HA.

Small bug lesser species I scrape off my boots....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
"I don't understand how X could be, without something else (that I don't really understand either) making or doing X. This something else must be God because I can't come up with a better explanation. Therefore, God exists."
Pretty much sums up belief.
Yup, seems to be the norm in most Belief systems....
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
bahhahahahahahahaha HA.
Small bug lesser species I scrape off my boots....
You go sit in the corner and learn some manners of mouth too!(and don't be trying to pawn off those wooden nickels pwetending dey be quarters while your there either!)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So when a Muslim says he believes in Mohammed due to faith, what is your answer?
My point is, you and the Muslim and every religion use the same sort of metric, which is blind faith.
It stands to reason not all of you can be correct. So none can really make a claim of being correct with evidence. So it is just a claim, no more valid than claiming Leprechauns exist.
The exact same question is what made Joseph Smith go off by himself and ask God which church to join.
Revelation from God is the only way we can know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the 9/11 hijackers faith was shakeable?

9/11 was probably event that lead me to non belief. The event showed me the value of faith. So when you speak of this faith, all I hear is the screams of 9/11.
It depends what you put your faith in. Aren't you glad Christians have faith in Christ that tells us to turn the other cheek? You would be dead now if you were in an Islamic country speaking this way about their beliefs.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
You go sit in the corner and learn some manners of mouth too!(and don't be trying to pawn off those wooden nickels pwetending dey be quarters while your there either!)
You lick the brown hole of a pygmy goat while you figure out how to take what thy stupidity attempts to dish out....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends what you put your faith in. Aren't you glad Christians have faith in Christ that tells us to turn the other cheek? You would be dead now if you were in an Islamic country speaking this way about their beliefs.
Yea but yer runnin out of cheeks....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Yea but yer runnin out of cheeks....
How so?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know Christians today claim Deuteronomy 13 6-10(kill infidels) is no longer to be followed.
My problem with the passage is, the command was never moral, thus it stands to reason no god that is moral ever condoned such a practice. Yet Christians do believe it was a good moral practice for the times. As if back them morality had different rules.
First, I do not think morality had different rules. And as we know, many Christians did kill the infidels as commanded in Deuteronomy.
Now I understand that Christians all think they are blessed with understanding the bible and non believers cannot. As if your team has help from some ghost you call holy.
So please explain Deuteronomy for me as the holy ghost refuses to answer my many questions.
By your response,you have confirmed about yourselves,that which I posted and to which you are responding.

If,as you claim,you know and understand how to interpret the Bible,then,you would most assuredly,not need an explanation of Deuteronomy 13;6-10,since the explanation is contained in Deuteronomy chapter 12.
Obviously,you need someone to help you find the answer and I,gladly have just told you where you can find it.
You have stated that,the Holy Ghost has not answered your many questions,
You have also stated that you are able to understand and interpret the Bible.
Let us put that to the test.
Based on your interpretation of Scriptures,what would cause the Holy spirit not to answer your questions?
Can you provide an honest response?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So because you use logic to decide that debating us is for a greater good, you feel it is fine to ignore the bibles command about debating us infidels? Great, now just try to use logic a bit more often and less blind faith to what the bible commands.
Again,based on your misinterpretation of the bible,you err.
Where in the Bible,does it say, that I SHOULD NOT SHARE the basis for MY faith with unbelievers?

Can you point that out to me?

Moreover,since you claim to know Scriptures..
Can you point out where it says that I SHOULD share my faith with unbelievers.
It's in there,can you find it?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You lick the brown hole of a pygmy goat while you figure out how to take what thy stupidity attempts to dish out....
Ewe, thou posteth such nasssssstiness.

Ya might be a redneck if...the thread yer posting on gets kinda quiet cause it can't get much past, "we knows you is but what is we"....Mentality.

Might want to get up against the cow patty wall on that one too, whilst thou ist scratching thine hooves in thee corners of Sire-Duncalots.
stinky toe cheese

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still zero evidence supporting this "spirit" thing, I mean, that's if you could even find two people who agree on what the "spirit" is and offer up one solid definition of it.
At 3 AM when the it's dark,,,, do you still believe a sun exixsts....? You can't see it. If you throw 5000 BB's in your front yard,,,, and you find 4999,,,, does the 1 not exist? Someone made a comment about faith and the 9/11 attack,,, I won't compare that to what I believe. I'll simply say I serve a god that could have save each soul involved.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not expect you to listen to us about how the human mind works, as you and most devout Christians demean science. You can look up the science for yourself if you do not believe us, but of course you likely know the science is in line with our claims and not yours. But you dodge this by claiming we are ignorant of the science.
You drink the cool aid and thus feel the cool aid. Every religious belief has the same effect, yet for some reason every religion is ignorant of this effect from other beliefs.For some reason you think that your feelings are of a real god and theirs is not.
The evidence is in the logic. I am showing sound logic and you are not.
None of this really needs a scientific study, as the logic is overwhelming.
How do I know the logic is good? Because when I make claims as I did here, you have no logical response to them. You just whine as you did here.
1) I do not expect you to listen to us about how the human mind works, as you and most devout Christians demean science.

I don't demean science,but,I do highly question their theories,especially when it comes to evolution ,the creation of the universe and how life and intelligence came into being.
The latter two,they have absolutely no idea as to how life and intelligence were made..
And it is on that nonexistent foundation that Science and Evolutionists build their theories.
You know what they say,if your foundation is based on nothing,you can not build on it,for there is nothing there to support it.

2) You can look up the science for yourself if you do not believe us, but of course you likely know the science is in line with our claims and not yours. But you dodge this by claiming we are ignorant of the science.

According to your science or logic,you all concluded that,my mind had deceived me,that time was irrelevant and some other nonsense that I do not recall.
In essence,your simplistic analysis was based on one thing only,since you do not believe in God,then,something else had to be responsible for answering my prayers
And in the process,you all were grasping for straws.
You did not experience what I did,nor did you understand the events that led to my prayers being answered.
In spite of all that,all of you felt qualified to explain what had occurred.
And all I wanted to know is,What are your qualifications?

3)You drink the cool aid and thus feel the cool aid. Every religious belief has the same effect, yet for some reason every religion is ignorant of this effect from other beliefs.

Not all religious beliefs use the same criteria in order to determine whether God exists or not.
The criteria I used is contained in the Bible. I followed the instructions and I received the results as God had promised,therefore,it was tried,tested and found to be true.. That is something that unbelievers are unable to accept. The fact that you are unable to accept that,in no way,invalidates my findings.

4) For some reason you think that your feelings are of a real god and theirs is not.
The evidence is in the logic. I am showing sound logic and you are not.
None of this really needs a scientific study, as the logic is overwhelming.
How do I know the logic is good? Because when I make claims as I did here, you have no logical response to them. You just whine as you did here.

How do I know your logic is faulty?
By using your logic,you have concluded that God does not exist.
Those who are trained in logic will tell you that logic can neither prove or disprove the existence of God.
Where is this"overwhelming Logic"?
I do not see it and you did not provide it
I just gave you a logical response
As a matter of fact,in your other posting,you emquired about Deut 13;6-10 and asked me to give you an explanation,which I told you could find in Deuteronomy12
And anytime you have a question,feel free to ask,I will do all I can to help you

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
At 3 AM when the it's dark,,,, do you still believe a sun exixsts....? You can't see it. If you throw 5000 BB's in your front yard,,,, and you find 4999,,,, does the 1 not exist? Someone made a comment about faith and the 9/11 attack,,, I won't compare that to what I believe. I'll simply say I serve a god that could have save each soul involved.
Yes, but I have seen the sun, still see no "spirit." You have zero evidence that there is such a thing as "spirit" or "soul," just made up fantasies.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I have seen the sun, still see no "spirit." You have zero evidence that there is such a thing as "spirit" or "soul," just made up fantasies.
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible.
This is true, but that does not make god real anymore than soap opera characters are real to those who believe they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,641 - 98,660 of123,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 19 min Whitehair Is Stupid 25,966
Michael Warren 50 min TOASTup 21
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 1 hr WOW 20
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr vote 71
Thompson Park Boat Ramp 2 hr Oh Kay 8
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Republicans Are Stupid 138,850
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 4 hr guss 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••