Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,641 - 98,660 of 128,609 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
At 3 AM when the it's dark,,,, do you still believe a sun exixsts....? You can't see it. If you throw 5000 BB's in your front yard,,,, and you find 4999,,,, does the 1 not exist? Someone made a comment about faith and the 9/11 attack,,, I won't compare that to what I believe. I'll simply say I serve a god that could have save each soul involved.
Yes, but I have seen the sun, still see no "spirit." You have zero evidence that there is such a thing as "spirit" or "soul," just made up fantasies.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I have seen the sun, still see no "spirit." You have zero evidence that there is such a thing as "spirit" or "soul," just made up fantasies.
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who do not want to believe, God is not real and nothing is possible.
This is true, but that does not make god real anymore than soap opera characters are real to those who believe they are.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, but that does not make god real anymore than soap opera characters are real to those who believe they are.
I guess the analogy can be made that,some people can be deceived into believing that something that is not true ,is
And that something that is true,isn't

But ,we are not deceived. We have tested the truth and God has responded, according to his promises.
wow

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
Our school was founded on beliefs of the bible. Schools began in churches. How could it be wrong to teach morals? To me, it's unconstitutional to not teach what our founding fathers believed so much in.
wow. everything you said is so wrong on so many levels. all of our founding fathers saw religion as detrimental to society, which it is. but this is kentucky after all. not a lot of intelligence floating around.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the analogy can be made that,some people can be deceived into believing that something that is not true ,is
And that something that is true,isn't
But ,we are not deceived. We have tested the truth and God has responded, according to his promises.
Yes, you have been deceived by the people who told you that their god was real.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Love is blind.....god is love.....stevie wonder is blind.....coincidence?
Just saying.
When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Love is blind.....god is love.....stevie wonder is blind.....coincidence?
Just saying.
When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way.
Well now, I could agree with Stevie Wonder being god, I would not argue that one.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

A Moment of Zen... Ran across this beauty today while chasing a sunset..

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't demean science,but,I do highly question their theories,especially when it comes to evolution ,the creation of the universe and how life and intelligence came into being.
The latter two,they have absolutely no idea as to how life and intelligence were made..
And it is on that nonexistent foundation that Science and Evolutionists build their theories.
You know what they say,if your foundation is based on nothing,you can not build on it,for there is nothing there to support it.
Why do you think you reject those particular ideas in science? Do you accept Einstein's ideas about physics? What about quantum physics? Because those theories are deeply troubling to the idea of a god. When you can explain how matter behaves right down to levels so tiny, so minute we can barely even say anything about them then where exactly does god live and work? Is he just a clockmaker that set things into motion then stepped back...tick-tock? Is he a tinkerer, dabbling in physics? If so, why haven't we detected his hand at work? Our natural explanations seem to be adequate to explain what we see. Is god actively hiding from us? Why?

You don't fixate on these problems because you probably don't understand them very well. You fixate on ideas such as evolution because there is a long history and literature in the Creationist movement against evolution. It is the evil that you know.

You don't seem to understand science at all. For example, you seem to think that if science does not have a firm answer on a topic it somehow means science is broken or scientists are lying. And you obviously feel like this is somehow evidence of god (I've never understood that leap of logic).

You are, in fact, profoundly anti-science. All your posts are this way. You reject even the most basic concepts of logic, reason, and statistical probabilities the moment someone points out how they contradict something you believe on faith. You are a magical thinker.

So do not pay lip service to science while stabbing at it like a wild man with stories of lost dogs.
So sad

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
so sad that we have to a decision about prayer in school! It should be allowed!
How stupid can you be

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I said mass murder and genocide are wrong.
Yet you say
Abortion is A-Ok!
Here's a clue for you...
Wrong is Wrong!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenisaFRAIDYCAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So killing one at a time is ok, just not in mass numbers?
You didn't answer the question, Fraidy Cat.
Do you think capital punishment is wrong? Why are you scared to just answer a question?
There is a distinction between
Murder, and Killing!
Law says, If you do this, you will be put to death...
So doing it, you get what was expected!
War, you go against an army, knowing you might not come home!
Babies, sucking their thumbs in the womb, to have a so called Dr. yank you out, cut your brain stem with scissors...
That's Murder most Foul!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Noah, I didn't even get into the incest and how many times the bible endorses that. Or how the god denies justice based on deeds and only prefers those who are gullible. I mean, anyone asserting that the bible is somehow a source of "good" morals should be jailed simply out of caution.
That WILL come to pass... Just as that "Bible" said it would!
It speaks of every one of you...
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>on what basis do you think Mohammed is a false prophet?
Do you know what "infinite regress" means?
Funny you mention it...
In the Beginning, he was a "Good" prophet, BUT, even he said he might have been led astray by satan....
Thus all the beheadings, and brutalities we have today from
The Religion of Peace!
Hahahahahahaha!
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Happy Mothers Day to all the awesome mothers out there.. God blessed us all with mothers... You all have a good one !!!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
<quoted text>curious you do realize you are not supposed to argue over the Scriptures. The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on. This constant bickering with these infidels and giving them more opportunity to blaspheme God is wrong. You need to quit. Same goes for others that do this.
You are correct!
Just as in the days of Noah... They were warned...
But even they had until the door was shut!
I have no doubt, that a good chunk of these people
would deny Christ until His coming, and then....
If just one of these people repents, that is my prayer!
God Bless you :-)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

So true wrote:
Happy Mothers Day to all the awesome mothers out there.. God blessed us all with mothers... You all have a good one !!!
I concur! God Bless All the Mothers!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Big Truck wrote:
If they allow the Bible. they have to allow the Koran and/or any other religious "texts." Be careful what you wish for...
To know one God Loves you, and wants you with Him, and
another god wants you to blow up school busses, and cut off heads?
Teach it all!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
I would quote Genesis 1:1 but it appears you didn't have the energy and it really wouldn't matter. What you need is a Quantum leap of faith. The big question here is where did you get that big old box you based that..... oh wait "estimate" off of. Nevermind. Someone going off a crazy old book someone else wrote.......
LOL...
Your "Book" is Wrong, My "Book" is Right....
They just don't get it!
Every man be a Liar, and God be True!
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stivers Center fixes 13 min changes 30
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min DITCH MITCH 146,198
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 21 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,787
Ky Biscuit Company 1 hr fyi 21
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr Jimney Cricket 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Hii 81,570
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 3 hr Just me 3
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••