Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,931)

Showing posts 98,601 - 98,620 of127,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
1)Mike Duquette"]<quoted text>Are you telling me some people have thoughts and ideas, yet do not understand why they have them?
When I have stated the basis for my faith,based on actual results that I could not deny,I was ridiculed and mocked by the Atheists on this website.
If I remember correctly,you were included in that group.
I was told that my mind had deceived me,among other nonsensical responses that I received.
Then,these "experts" claimed that they,based on their sophisticated education in Psychology,were better equipped to interpret what I have experienced,than I am.
Now,whether he be right or wrong,someone has provided evidence that you all base your knowledge on what you read on Wkipedia and watch on you tube.....
i don't know,,If I needed an attorney and he told me he acquired his law degree from youtube university,I would prefer to throw myself at the mercy of the court and plead ,guilty as charged..
I find it odd that you should ask that question?
I do not expect you to listen to us about how the human mind works, as you and most devout Christians demean science. You can look up the science for yourself if you do not believe us, but of course you likely know the science is in line with our claims and not yours. But you dodge this by claiming we are ignorant of the science.
You drink the cool aid and thus feel the cool aid. Every religious belief has the same effect, yet for some reason every religion is ignorant of this effect from other beliefs.For some reason you think that your feelings are of a real god and theirs is not.
The evidence is in the logic. I am showing sound logic and you are not.
None of this really needs a scientific study, as the logic is overwhelming.
How do I know the logic is good? Because when I make claims as I did here, you have no logical response to them. You just whine as you did here.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the biggest mistake he made (among others) is he claimed that Jesus was not the messiah or Son of God.
Yes I know what infinite regress means.
And how can you know he was wrong?

Your claim of god having a creator and this creator having a creator and so on is an infinite regress. In fact it is a perfect example of infinite regress. So when you denied it was, I assume you think infinite regress means something other than what the common definition of it is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
<quoted text>curious you do realize you are not supposed to argue over the Scriptures. The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on. This constant bickering with these infidels and giving them more opportunity to blaspheme God is wrong. You need to quit. Same goes for others that do this.
"Infidels"? At least you do not run from using the language of terrorists and the bible.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
<quoted text>curious you do realize you are not supposed to argue over the Scriptures. The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on. This constant bickering with these infidels and giving them more opportunity to blaspheme God is wrong. You need to quit. Same goes for others that do this.
Keep in that bubble so as to remained brainwashed as the terrorists do.
Did you learn nothing from 9/11?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
MaryAnn,I agree with you,but,let me explain;
This has been a learning experience for me and I consider it a blessing.
It has helped to point to spiritual weaknesses that I have and have had to address.
I view these debates as a form of Bible study.
Based on their misinterpretation of the Bible,the infidels,as you call them, have taken Bible teachings out of context,in order to negate the validity of Scriptures.
Based on this misinformation,they then,ask questions,believing that they will not be proven wrong.
I've dealt with those types of questions on several occassions and,using the answers provided in the BIble,have pointed out their errors.
This has caused me to study the Bible more diligently.
Once I am able to find the right answer,thereby,debunking their opinion,further validates to me,the accuracy of the teachings contained therein,causing my faith to be further strenghthened.
At no time has anyone claimed that the interpretation that was provided me by the Bible,is inaccurate.
They merely claim that the evidence is not acceptable,because they do not believe in God or the Bible.
Yet,they believe the Bible is accurate,when they ask questions,based on their misinterpretation of that which they have read.
Their questions generally start with,the Bible says,,or,the Bible teaches,meaning that they believe what the Bible says,based on their erroneous interpretation.
Once they are proven to be wrong,they respond that the answer is not acceptable because they do not believe what the Bible says.
In other words,they believe what is convenient for them to believe,
not that which is based on the Bible's actual teachings
It is obvious that type of wisdom is based on foolishness..
As the Apostle Paul clearly stated,What is wisdom to man,is foolishness to god and what is wisdom to God ,is foolishness to man.
That they resent when the Bible is quoted them,is obvious by their responses.
That is probably due to the fact that they are unable to refute that which is taught in the Bible,other than to arbitrarily dismiss it.
They claim to know Scriptures,but,will not admit that they have used the criteria specified in the Bible,in order to be able to interpret what it says.
To do so,would only further confirm their erroneous beliefs are unfounded.
As for me,it is a sense of joy,when I am able to find the answer to their erroneous questions.
It confirms that the foundation on which my faith is based,is strong,strenfgthens my faith and has caused me to be more diligent is search of the truth
" I will swend you the COMFORTER,and he will lead you into all truth"
Needless to say,those who chose not to believe,will mock me.
Should I be concerned about that?
Their futile attempts to disparage the basis for my faith,has failed
I his wisdom,God has used their foolishness,in order to strengthen that which they sought to destroy.
Not only that,but ,he taught me some lessons along the way.
Therefore,my blessing is twofold
I know Christians today claim Deuteronomy 13 6-10(kill infidels) is no longer to be followed.
My problem with the passage is, the command was never moral, thus it stands to reason no god that is moral ever condoned such a practice. Yet Christians do believe it was a good moral practice for the times. As if back them morality had different rules.
First, I do not think morality had different rules. And as we know, many Christians did kill the infidels as commanded in Deuteronomy.

Now I understand that Christians all think they are blessed with understanding the bible and non believers cannot. As if your team has help from some ghost you call holy.
So please explain Deuteronomy for me as the holy ghost refuses to answer my many questions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
MaryAnn,I agree with you,but,let me explain;
This has been a learning experience for me and I consider it a blessing.
It has helped to point to spiritual weaknesses that I have and have had to address.
I view these debates as a form of Bible study.
Based on their misinterpretation of the Bible,the infidels,as you call them, have taken Bible teachings out of context,in order to negate the validity of Scriptures.
Based on this misinformation,they then,ask questions,believing that they will not be proven wrong.
I've dealt with those types of questions on several occassions and,using the answers provided in the BIble,have pointed out their errors.
This has caused me to study the Bible more diligently.
Once I am able to find the right answer,thereby,debunking their opinion,further validates to me,the accuracy of the teachings contained therein,causing my faith to be further strenghthened.
At no time has anyone claimed that the interpretation that was provided me by the Bible,is inaccurate.
They merely claim that the evidence is not acceptable,because they do not believe in God or the Bible.
Yet,they believe the Bible is accurate,when they ask questions,based on their misinterpretation of that which they have read.
Their questions generally start with,the Bible says,,or,the Bible teaches,meaning that they believe what the Bible says,based on their erroneous interpretation.
Once they are proven to be wrong,they respond that the answer is not acceptable because they do not believe what the Bible says.
In other words,they believe what is convenient for them to believe,
not that which is based on the Bible's actual teachings
It is obvious that type of wisdom is based on foolishness..
As the Apostle Paul clearly stated,What is wisdom to man,is foolishness to god and what is wisdom to God ,is foolishness to man.
That they resent when the Bible is quoted them,is obvious by their responses.
That is probably due to the fact that they are unable to refute that which is taught in the Bible,other than to arbitrarily dismiss it.
They claim to know Scriptures,but,will not admit that they have used the criteria specified in the Bible,in order to be able to interpret what it says.
To do so,would only further confirm their erroneous beliefs are unfounded.
As for me,it is a sense of joy,when I am able to find the answer to their erroneous questions.
It confirms that the foundation on which my faith is based,is strong,strenfgthens my faith and has caused me to be more diligent is search of the truth
" I will swend you the COMFORTER,and he will lead you into all truth"
Needless to say,those who chose not to believe,will mock me.
Should I be concerned about that?
Their futile attempts to disparage the basis for my faith,has failed
I his wisdom,God has used their foolishness,in order to strengthen that which they sought to destroy.
Not only that,but ,he taught me some lessons along the way.
Therefore,my blessing is twofold
So because you use logic to decide that debating us is for a greater good, you feel it is fine to ignore the bibles command about debating us infidels? Great, now just try to use logic a bit more often and less blind faith to what the bible commands.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>It surely isn't sending money, and weapons to a country that would use them against US if it had the chance!
Drop it!
Defending Obama makes you a bigger tard than I thought!
Reagan sent weapons to Iraq.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>It surely isn't sending money, and weapons to a country that would use them against US if it had the chance!
Drop it!
Defending Obama makes you a bigger tard than I thought!
Reagan and Bush Sr. sent weapons to Bin Laden.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Do you understand the concept of a "Soul"?
That is ALL that matters!
Evil souls go to hell, innocent souls live in Heaven with the Father!
Do you know what your soul is???
Good, or Evil in the sight of God???
Do YOU have a Savior???
I Do!
Thank you Jesus... I do!
Amen!
Other than the Jesus part, I am sure this is what the 9/11 hijackers said as they murdered the infidels.

How amazing it is that you justified murder.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No....
That falls on many heads...
Clinton with NAFTA is a good start, and all the liberals!
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So when the 9/11 terrorists made their way into America, you held Bush responsible?

Wow, you have double standards for god and presidents?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>This is NOT my post!
Then register like someone who is brave enough to be held accountable for what he says. This is why we humans have names.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

If they register they can not say,

"This is NOT my post!"

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Double standard, it's standard for religies.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know... It's a Google photo site... about as clean a provider as can be found... I run Norton and WOT and no issues...
bahhahahahahahahaha HA.

Dirt burrowing Worm.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Ha, muslims and christians there is only one difference, they hate different religions.
Politicsispoliti cs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan and Bush Sr. sent weapons to Bin Laden.
So do dat mean dis administwation hata keep up and send 'em to libyian and syrian mujahadeens?
Politicsispoliti cs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Double standard, it's standard for religies.
Only for extremist, zealot, freak, demented terorist types-like yew.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

It's god in a jesus suit, that's the "word".
Lawnstomper

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
It's god in a jesus suit, that's the "word".
White sheet sale for toga making-aisle 12.......!!!

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

See example the sozi just posted, double standard at its finest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,601 - 98,620 of127,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 min gogetter 16,111
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min gogetter 144,610
KC Basketball Coach 12 min hmmm 48
Big chicken 26 min Single 5
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 35 min what 363
suboxone being sold 44 min from barbourville 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 51 min voting taxpayer 26,161
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••