Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,929)

Showing posts 98,561 - 98,580 of127,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim to have a knowledge of Scriptures,I saw no need to provide you with information you already claim to have.
Your analogy between the instructions contained in the bible and some absurd reference to marshmallows is clearly an attempt to avoid addressing the issue being discussed.
When one avoids the issue being discussed,it is for good reason.
Either you can not or is unwilling to confront the issue head on,for fear of the results ,therefore, in order not to provide an answer ,evading it would seem the best course available.
Still in all,avoiding the issue,provides an answer,in and of itself...
There IS no issue to evade or avoid except your doubts regarding what I do or do not comprehend about spirituality. That is not MY issue. Who made you the Holy Inquisitor?
Anything I say you can handily quip back with "that is not what I meant, I knew you don't understand." There's little point in playing volleyball with a brick wall or football when the goalposts are on wheels. Who hasn't seen it a thousand times? flippin' yay team religie, sis boom bah.
Big Truck

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

If they allow the Bible. they have to allow the Koran and/or any other religious "texts." Be careful what you wish for...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
<quoted text>curious you do realize you are not supposed to argue over the Scriptures. The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on. This constant bickering with these infidels and giving them more opportunity to blaspheme God is wrong. You need to quit. Same goes for others that do this.
MaryAnn,I agree with you,but,let me explain;
This has been a learning experience for me and I consider it a blessing.
It has helped to point to spiritual weaknesses that I have and have had to address.
I view these debates as a form of Bible study.

Based on their misinterpretation of the Bible,the infidels,as you call them, have taken Bible teachings out of context,in order to negate the validity of Scriptures.
Based on this misinformation,they then,ask questions,believing that they will not be proven wrong.
I've dealt with those types of questions on several occassions and,using the answers provided in the BIble,have pointed out their errors.
This has caused me to study the Bible more diligently.
Once I am able to find the right answer,thereby,debunking their opinion,further validates to me,the accuracy of the teachings contained therein,causing my faith to be further strenghthened.
At no time has anyone claimed that the interpretation that was provided me by the Bible,is inaccurate.
They merely claim that the evidence is not acceptable,because they do not believe in God or the Bible.
Yet,they believe the Bible is accurate,when they ask questions,based on their misinterpretation of that which they have read.
Their questions generally start with,the Bible says,,or,the Bible teaches,meaning that they believe what the Bible says,based on their erroneous interpretation.
Once they are proven to be wrong,they respond that the answer is not acceptable because they do not believe what the Bible says.
In other words,they believe what is convenient for them to believe,
not that which is based on the Bible's actual teachings
It is obvious that type of wisdom is based on foolishness..
As the Apostle Paul clearly stated,What is wisdom to man,is foolishness to god and what is wisdom to God ,is foolishness to man.
That they resent when the Bible is quoted them,is obvious by their responses.
That is probably due to the fact that they are unable to refute that which is taught in the Bible,other than to arbitrarily dismiss it.
They claim to know Scriptures,but,will not admit that they have used the criteria specified in the Bible,in order to be able to interpret what it says.
To do so,would only further confirm their erroneous beliefs are unfounded.
As for me,it is a sense of joy,when I am able to find the answer to their erroneous questions.
It confirms that the foundation on which my faith is based,is strong,strenfgthens my faith and has caused me to be more diligent is search of the truth
" I will swend you the COMFORTER,and he will lead you into all truth"
Needless to say,those who chose not to believe,will mock me.
Should I be concerned about that?
Their futile attempts to disparage the basis for my faith,has failed
I his wisdom,God has used their foolishness,in order to strengthen that which they sought to destroy.
Not only that,but ,he taught me some lessons along the way.
Therefore,my blessing is twofold
Sasha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
<quoted text>curious you do realize you are not supposed to argue over the Scriptures. The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on. This constant bickering with these infidels and giving them more opportunity to blaspheme God is wrong. You need to quit. Same goes for others that do this.
Of course, one would never want to argue over scripture, is this one of my bad mushroom trips that I am reliving from the 70's?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
See here you going showing the world you are not the brightest bulb in the box.... If I take a box of JuJu Beans and I know about the size of the box and about the size of the average JuJu Bean I can estimate About how many JuJu Beans are in the box.... The Actual estimated number of galaxies in the universe as of this time is between 130 to 500 Billion with each containing an estimated 300 to 600 Billion stars each... But I bet you would want to sit and count that big box of JuJu Beans wouldn't you...
I Never said that Matter and Energy came together and created anything, now your making crap up....... Matter IS Energy, Energy IS Matter.... One can be converted into the other and back as has been validated Millions of times since Einstein explained how that whole E=mc2 thingy works....
Quantumist wrote
You have had that answered several times.... Matter converted from energy... Now if it makes you feel better to say God caused the conversion at the BB that's fine, unnecessary but if it makes life simpler for you.... Those that understand science tend to go with energy just converted some of it's energy into matter, happens every second without someone waving a magic wand... But there is no Creation... From the instant matter converted all we observe was set into motion and physical laws took over...

SAYS I
It seems that your rather simplistic response as to the creation of the universe,does not address some of the issues included in this article

Big Bang Theory - The Premise AT ABOUT SCIENCE
The Big Bang theory is an effort to explain what happened at the very beginning of our universe. Discoveries in astronomy and physics have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that our universe did in fact have a beginning. Prior to that moment there was nothing; during and after that moment there was something: our universe. The big bang theory is an effort to explain what happened during and after that moment.

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, WE DON"T KNOW for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are THOUGHT to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is THOUGHT to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical CONCEPT THAT TRULY BOGGLES THE MIND). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from?WE DON"T KNOW. Why did it appear? WE DON"T KNOW

After its initial appearance, it apparently inflated (the "Big Bang"), expanded and cooled, going from very, very small and very, very hot, to the size and temperature of our current universe. It continues to expand and cool to this day and we are inside of it: incredible creatures living on a unique planet, circling a beautiful star clustered together with several hundred billion other stars in a galaxy soaring through the cosmos, all of which is inside of an expanding universe that began as an infinitesimal singularity WHICH APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE,FOR REASONS UNKNOWN This is the Big Bang theory.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
See here you going showing the world you are not the brightest bulb in the box.... If I take a box of JuJu Beans and I know about the size of the box and about the size of the average JuJu Bean I can estimate About how many JuJu Beans are in the box.... The Actual estimated number of galaxies in the universe as of this time is between 130 to 500 Billion with each containing an estimated 300 to 600 Billion stars each... But I bet you would want to sit and count that big box of JuJu Beans wouldn't you...
I Never said that Matter and Energy came together and created anything, now your making crap up....... Matter IS Energy, Energy IS Matter.... One can be converted into the other and back as has been validated Millions of times since Einstein explained how that whole E=mc2 thingy works....
I have posted this previously,still awaiting your response,If you have one

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had that answered several times.... Matter converted from energy... Now if it makes you feel better to say God caused the conversion at the BB that's fine, unnecessary but if it makes life simpler for you.... Those that understand science tend to go with energy just converted some of it's energy into matter, happens every second without someone waving a magic wand... But there is no Creation... From the instant matter converted all we observe was set into motion and physical laws took over...

Says I
Tend to go,as you stated,is an opinion,not a fact.
Science has totally failed to explain how unliving matter was able to convert itself into living matter. That seems to be a fact.
Science is unable to show how unintelligent matter was able to evolve into intelligent matter,other than,some unexplainable event that may have taken place billions of years ago

Here is an explanation given by
Professor Seth Grant, of the University of Edinburgh
The researchers suggest that a simple invertebrate animal living in the sea 500 million years ago experienced a 'genetic accident', which resulted in extra copies of these genes being made

Calvin Smith
"So committed evolutionists must believe (for the origin of life to have occurred naturalistically) that a code system originated by chance, with no outside intelligence. But experimental science has shown this is false. Information is non-material; it is a metaphysical entity, and has only been observed to be derived from an intelligent source.

"If the universe is non-intelligent, as in it does not contain any intelligence whatsoever, then how can the universe itself account for intelligent beings? If intelligence does not exist at some point, then it can never exist. Intelligence cannot come into being. If you say it can, the burden is on you to prove how. How can mindless matter possibly produce creatures with minds, with brains, with intelligence? No amount of time, natural selection, and chance can create intelligence out of nothing."

So it would seem that the foundation of Science's argument is not factual,is not based on any logical or probable deductions we can draw from it,other than,over a period of billions of years some how ,some way life was created from an unliving source and intelligence was created from an unintelligent source.
At least that is what I understand.....
Fossils,on which you place so much credibility,in no way shape or form,provide any evidence as to how life came into being or the origins of intelligence....
Therefore,if the foundation of your argument hinges on some probabilities that may or may not have occured,that were never observed,that can not be tested,how can any reasonable conclusions be drawn from that foundation

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted this previously,still awaiting your response,If you have one
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Says I
Tend to go,as you stated,is an opinion,not a fact.
Science has totally failed to explain how unliving matter was able to convert itself into living matter. That seems to be a fact.
Science is unable to show how unintelligent matter was able to evolve into intelligent matter,other than,some unexplainable event that may have taken place billions of years ago
Here is an explanation given by
Professor Seth Grant, of the University of Edinburgh
The researchers suggest that a simple invertebrate animal living in the sea 500 million years ago experienced a 'genetic accident', which resulted in extra copies of these genes being made
Calvin Smith
"So committed evolutionists must believe (for the origin of life to have occurred naturalistically) that a code system originated by chance, with no outside intelligence. But experimental science has shown this is false. Information is non-material; it is a metaphysical entity, and has only been observed to be derived from an intelligent source.
"If the universe is non-intelligent, as in it does not contain any intelligence whatsoever, then how can the universe itself account for intelligent beings? If intelligence does not exist at some point, then it can never exist. Intelligence cannot come into being. If you say it can, the burden is on you to prove how. How can mindless matter possibly produce creatures with minds, with brains, with intelligence? No amount of time, natural selection, and chance can create intelligence out of nothing."
So it would seem that the foundation of Science's argument is not factual,is not based on any logical or probable deductions we can draw from it,other than,over a period of billions of years some how ,some way life was created from an unliving source and intelligence was created from an unintelligent source.
At least that is what I understand.....
Fossils,on which you place so much credibility,in no way shape or form,provide any evidence as to how life came into being or the origins of intelligence....
Therefore,if the foundation of your argument hinges on some probabilities that may or may not have occured,that were never observed,that can not be tested,how can any reasonable conclusions be drawn from that foundation
Those guys are Full of Crap... Drop them a note to come and debate me because you can't... I cannot sit and take the time to debate dozens of guys that have published Balderdash over time because you can't make your own arguments based on what you read.... I could of course just copy and paste a matching dozen writers that would explain why they are Wrong but I won't match appeals to authority with opposing appeals to authority...

Come back when your read those folks,(I have in the past) and also read up on other researchers in assorted fields and come back when You can speak for yourself....
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
No, can't quite till the year 2018.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

No, can't quit until the year 2018.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Those guys are Full of Crap... Drop them a note to come and debate me because you can't... I cannot sit and take the time to debate dozens of guys that have published Balderdash over time because you can't make your own arguments based on what you read.... I could of course just copy and paste a matching dozen writers that would explain why they are Wrong but I won't match appeals to authority with opposing appeals to authority...
Come back when your read those folks,(I have in the past) and also read up on other researchers in assorted fields and come back when You can speak for yourself....
As they say,down Harlan way; Just because your father calls you Sonny,doesn't mean you're bright
Immerhin,It is human nature,when confronted with a question you are unable to answer,but having self proclaimed oneself,an expert on that subject,one has 1 of 3 alternatives
1) admit that you are unable to answer said question,which in effect,is a confession that you are wrong
2) Keep your mouth shut....Period
3)Or,enumerate a number of excuses as to why you won't answer the question and put a label on it...crap

Quanty, You are an entertaining fellow and I just thoroughly enjoy reading what you post.
You might think I am mocking you,but,IAM not.
I truly believe you are a funny guy
Freedom

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That one may be familiar with what is written in Scripture,is not an indication that one understands the meaning contained in what Scripture teaches.
In order to claim to understand,requires more than merely reading.
You need to personaly put into practice what is being taught.
You also need to apply the criteria contained in Scriptures to make sure that your interpretation of Scriptures are correct.
I am assuming that the criteria included in Scripture is what you have in mind when you state that" I,meanig you, choose not to reinforce illusions"
If one does not follow the instructions,but instead follows their opinions and emotions,chances are very high,that you will arrive at the wrong conclusions,thereby,deceiving yourself into believing that you understand ,that which you do not.
Amen.
Freedom

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

MaryAnn wrote:
''The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on.'' Amen

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Great couple of posts Curious! Geez, Ive missed alot of comments on here since I have been off sharing my teachings and counseling inmates.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
No, can't quit until the year 2018.
Is that like six days worth of a three month?
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

edit *a three <week> month?

Worms.
stinky toe cheese

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would quote Genesis 1:1 but it appears you didn't have the energy and it really wouldn't matter. What you need is a Quantum leap of faith. The big question here is where did you get that big old box you based that..... oh wait "estimate" off of. Nevermind. Someone going off a crazy old book someone else wrote.......
truth

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>''The Bible says if they will not hear you to shake the dust off your feet and go on.'' Amen
Yeah you guys clearly dont follow that one, otherwise this post would of died years ago lol
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you had hallucinations and decided to pretend they weren't hallucinations.
No...
No hallucinations!
But do believe whatever you want...
I will believe the truth!
Good day :-)
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
the result of you buying something without requiring evidence, you buy anything that has no evidence supporting it. You should really be in kindergarten, learning your alphabet from a to zed.
You still don't get it!
God gave me all the 'Evidence' I needed to KNOW He is real!
I truly hope this happens for you, but...
If I were you... I'd want to find out WHY you did not connect with Him!
I'll bet you CAN find the Answer to that question... IF
you look deep enough!
God is real!
Amen!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not an animal, then are you vegetable or mineral? Those are the only three choices in that level.
No!
You are a "Spirit" with a Body!
Good Spirit, or Bad Spirit...
Your choice!
Repent!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,561 - 98,580 of127,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Jay 144,896
Lasha Hoskins (Jun '09) 26 min dlp 8
Becky and Richard hicks 1 hr Hater 1
I have nothing to say.. 1 hr Chris Caldwell 1
Ssi cuts foodstamps badly ! (Jan '13) 2 hr Dude 82
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr NO NO 81,552
blackberry's 3 hr Blackberry 6
KC Basketball Coach 7 hr KC Fan 55
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 15 hr Fillus 382
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating