Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,521 - 98,540 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103099 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Moses uses a magic staff. There's a talking snake. Jesus walked on water.

But I guess actually Jesus could be a ghost or a zombie. He died then was seen walking around.

How is that magic, ghosts, and zombies? I'm just being honest about it.
Ok ... Moving on

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103100 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who first speculated about "my" impotence. I made no mention of it.
And you're so mad now that all you can think of to talk about is my ability to maintain an erection?
Brilliant debating skills, Fraidy Cat. That's how you Topix intellectuals do it. When you can't debate, hey... just change the subject to insult somebody's genitals. Weak.
Aw, you're so impotent that you think I am referring to your sexual capabilities and not your potency in life itself. How sad, you are a pervert, and it's your impotency that has made you a pervert.

Hint: Potency is not about "erections" at all, it's not even about breeding.
So true

Hodgenville, KY

#103101 May 9, 2013
Great night to u all.. May u be we're u need to be..,
KittenKoder

Georgetown, KY

#103102 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you're so impotent that you think I am referring to your sexual capabilities and not your potency in life itself. How sad, you are a pervert, and it's your impotency that has made you a pervert.
Sure you are. Right. We believe that.
Too late to try and claw your way back from that one, Fraidy Cat.
It's funny how you talk about impotence then call ME the pervert.
All I had to do was use your name to get you to conjure up pictures of my genitals.

You had no idea how to continue a debate and rather than answer my question about capital punishment, now you want to "attack the debater" rather than the idea.
You are too afraid to continue the debate and answer.

That shows you are not a debater and your argument is weak.

Meow...pfffft...pffft. Rawr. What a pussy.
KittenKoder

Georgetown, KY

#103103 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: Even if you had been insulting my "potency in life," that is STILL attacking the debater, rather than the argument, since my life has nothing to do with the debate.

Either way you go, you are proven a weak, ineffective, uneducated debater.

Point and match again, Kitty Boo.

Now, answer the original question or continue to be a coward with an invalid point.
Or, simply dismiss me as a "troll," like Yiago did and feel justified in crawling away with your tail between your legs.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103104 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are. Right. We believe that.
Too late to try and claw your way back from that one, Fraidy Cat.
It's funny how you talk about impotence then call ME the pervert.
All I had to do was use your name to get you to conjure up pictures of my genitals.
You had no idea how to continue a debate and rather than answer my question about capital punishment, now you want to "attack the debater" rather than the idea.
You are too afraid to continue the debate and answer.
That shows you are not a debater and your argument is weak.
Meow...pfffft...pffft. Rawr. What a pussy.
Aw, your impotency is showing again.
KittenKoder

Georgetown, KY

#103105 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well quit staring at my crotch, Kitty Boo.
KittenKoder

Georgetown, KY

#103106 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your weakness is showing again in your refusal to answer the question and instead continue with your immature tongue-in-cheek innuendos and insults.

YOU believe capital punishment, which is KILLING human beings, is fine.
However, you criticize Christians for their belief in a god who kills as punishment.

You, Fraidy Cat, are a HYPOCRITE.

Look that up on Wiki.

P & M X 3

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103107 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well quit staring at my crotch, Kitty Boo.
Nothing to do with your crotch, now your impotency is very clear though, so impotent that to you everything is about your sex organ.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103108 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your weakness is showing again in your refusal to answer the question and instead continue with your immature tongue-in-cheek innuendos and insults.
YOU believe capital punishment, which is KILLING human beings, is fine.
However, you criticize Christians for their belief in a god who kills as punishment.
You, Fraidy Cat, are a HYPOCRITE.
Look that up on Wiki.
P & M X 3
Capital punishment is not murder, and I never said I agree with it, you are asserting that, not me.
KittensSEX-OBSES SION

Georgetown, KY

#103109 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with your crotch, now your impotency is very clear though, so impotent that to you everything is about your sex organ.
You've said that twice now, Kitty Boo.
This time you actually mentioned MY sex organ. Obsess much?

How about you get your mind OFF of my phallus and try to go back to the debate. You seem way to comfortable humping my leg and making sexual remarks. Again with the attacking the debater rather than the argument... Yiago frowns at that :(
KittensHYPOCRISY

Georgetown, KY

#103110 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Capital punishment is not murder, and I never said I agree with it, you are asserting that, not me.
Capital punishment is still the act of KILLING a human being as punishment no matter what name you choose to call it and no matter how Wiki defines it. A life is purposely ended by the hands of another.

Whether or not that act of killing is justified is entirely based on OPINION.

That means YOU support a form of killing as punishment, just as Christians and their God.

YOU are a hypocrite and your argument is rendered invalid or IMPOTENT.

I hate hypocrites.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103111 May 9, 2013
KittensHYPOCRISY wrote:
<quoted text>
Capital punishment is still the act of KILLING a human being as punishment no matter what name you choose to call it and no matter how Wiki defines it. A life is purposely ended by the hands of another.
Whether or not that act of killing is justified is entirely based on OPINION.
That means YOU support a form of killing as punishment, just as Christians and their God.
YOU are a hypocrite and your argument is rendered invalid or IMPOTENT.
I hate hypocrites.
The topic was, again, mass murder and genocide.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103112 May 9, 2013
KittensSEX-OBSESSION wrote:
<quoted text>
You've said that twice now, Kitty Boo.
This time you actually mentioned MY sex organ. Obsess much?
How about you get your mind OFF of my phallus and try to go back to the debate. You seem way to comfortable humping my leg and making sexual remarks. Again with the attacking the debater rather than the argument... Yiago frowns at that :(
Aw, you're so impotent it's funny.
KittenisaHYPO

Danville, KY

#103113 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic was, again, mass murder and genocide.
Of course it was.
Mass murder and genocide are both forms of killing.

You were expressing your disdain for killing.
Apparently, it's fine to kill one at a time, but not in large quantities. What a laugh.
Truth be known, you'd love to see a mass amount of Christians, or any people you felt were a threat to you, put down.

The point is, hypocrite, that you make exceptions. You bend the rules. You feel some killing is justifiable and that justification is entirely based on YOUR opinion and morals.

Since you also support killing when it suits your needs, you are a hypocrite to criticize others who express their support of killing people as a means of punishment.

P & M
Kitten is REDUNDANT

Danville, KY

#103114 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what you're going to type every time you don't really know what to say?
An attack on the debater instead of his argument.

Try the copy/paste feature. It will save you some time.

You're a broken record, Kitty Boo.
give it a rest

Martin, KY

#103115 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
he is right, that nonsense is getting old, stick to the topic or shut up with the same childish comment over and over. how old are you???

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103118 May 10, 2013
give it a rest wrote:
<quoted text>
he is right, that nonsense is getting old, stick to the topic or shut up with the same childish comment over and over. how old are you???
Aw, you're so impotent, your life is meaningless.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103119 May 10, 2013
KittenisaHYPO wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it was.
Mass murder and genocide are both forms of killing.
You were expressing your disdain for killing.
Apparently, it's fine to kill one at a time, but not in large quantities. What a laugh.
Truth be known, you'd love to see a mass amount of Christians, or any people you felt were a threat to you, put down.
The point is, hypocrite, that you make exceptions. You bend the rules. You feel some killing is justifiable and that justification is entirely based on YOUR opinion and morals.
Since you also support killing when it suits your needs, you are a hypocrite to criticize others who express their support of killing people as a means of punishment.
P & M
So is hunting for food, that is also killing. Harvesting a crop is killing. Self defense can result in killing. War is killing.

But, we were talking about mass murder and genocide, your bible condones those and even commands it.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#103120 May 10, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Happened with the Dead Sea Scrolls. Good stuff mixed with other stuff that doesn't matter to anyone anymore.
This site has a nice discussion about the Book of Abraham:

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon054.htm

My memory of this topic comes from a podcast I listened to several years ago. This article mentions some of those details.

For example, they found some of the scrolls in 1967. The LDS itself asked for them to be translated. This was going to be a HUGE proof of Joseph Smith's validity as a prophet.

However, the scrolls and the Book of Abraham are totally different. He was obviously making it up and had no idea how to actually read Egyptian hieroglyphs. The reason he could get away with it at the time was that nobody really knew how to read hieroglyphs at the time. It was a work in progress in the academic world to figure it out.

Now, this was a blow to the LDS. And naturally they rationalized it away, saying that these must not be the actual scrolls Smith used. They just happened to be the ones he didn't use (convenient). However, there are elements in these discovered scrolls that match notes in smith's journal. It is pretty clear he was in fact working from these documents.

The problem you face as a Mormon is that all the evidence screams Smith was fake. But your ENTIRE belief system is hinged on Smith being for real. So you have absolutely no choice but to assume he was for real and rationalize everything to fit that assumption.

And it is not just you. It is all faiths. If you start with an ultimate truth, such as God created everything in 6 literal days, then you are FORCED to rationalize the world into fitting that story. You can only be rational about evidence if it poses no threat. Other evidence must be wrong or interpreted in such a way as to bolster the faith.

This is why Christians can be so rational and logical about motors, computers, farming, and military strategy but when faced with evolution they turn into complete morons. Suddenly facts and logic don't make no sense no more and God did it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Limbertwig 151,297
Walmart Supercenter 16 min J Sizemore 1
The Audit 33 min haha 29
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 57 min Me 1,591
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr disgusted 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
Hahaha 2 hr Funny 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 30 at 8:24PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs