Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
ProvenScience

London, KY

#103082 May 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So when the 9/11 terrorists made their way into America, you held Bush responsible?
We realllly, reallllly need some immigration reform...the wide open swinging door of imaginary camelot and it's policies of liberalism isn't working so well these days

Of course, that would require some actual WORK and actual ETHICS out of elected officials again...and finding enough people like THAT, does pose a challenge these days.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#103083 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet!
Green?

Just exhausting to even have think about that!
GirlToys

London, KY

#103085 May 9, 2013

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#103086 May 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know what Kolob is. Wasn't sure if the other was something else.
Yes, the remaining scrolls are not the portion that the Book of Abraham was included in. These were just in the pile of stuff that Joseph bought. He was prompted to buy the lot of stuff not knowing what it was for. They didn't really need the mummies either.
They aren't sure where the other scrolls are now. Some think they were lost between Nauvoo and Utah.
I thought they were found in the home of Smith's daughter much later. Or his wife or something.

Isn't it convenient that when Egyptian hieroglyphs were finally decoded and the Mormons themselves asked for this stuff to be verified (they were badly disappointed) that suddenly we have this story of "other scrolls"?

"Oh...those are not the scrolls. That's some other junk."

lol

Location hidden

#103087 May 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I don't need confirming evidence outside the Bible,
It is you,that wants confirming evidence outside the Bible.
It is absolutely identicalto fantasy,only to those who donot understand the basis for our faith.
Since they are not able to understand it,their only solution in dealing with it is to dismiss it as magic,goosey feelings,blind faith, or that we are being deceived by our minds,none of which are true.
But,those who do not understand and have never experienced or practiced the basis for our faith,have somehow convinced themselves,that they are the experts on that subject and are therefore qualified to interpret,according to their opinions,why and what we should believe in...
Atheists keep regurgitating the same cliches,
"We talk about God because you are trying to force Bible Study in public schools."
I don't see that topic being publicly discussed. It is only,marginally discussed here.
All I keep reading from Atheists is their opinions as to why God does not exist,as if they feel a need to convince themselves that their beliefs are valid.
If you don't believe in God,then accept that you don't believe in God and stop asking for evidence that would prove his existence.
If you want that evidence,I can only tell you where you can get it,I can not get it for you.
Then we have nothing more to talk about. You have faith in something without evidence. You aren't interested in evidence.

I require evidence. I don't have any use for faith.

Good talking to you. Have a good life.

Bye

Location hidden

#103088 May 9, 2013
AnotherName wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what name I use or you use to post on Topix. You know it's me and that's all that matters.
I've told you many times that the name under which we post is irrelevant. It's the content of the comment that people should debate. You can't ever get past the name and it's long been the subject of your continual whiny protests in an effort to avoid my actual comments.
It's funny though that you feel personally "insulted" simply because I ridiculed the use of Wiki in so called scientific or intellectual debate.
That speaks volumes about your credibility as a "scholar."
What on earth are you talking about? You dismissed a source of information without sufficient reason. I pointed out it out.

If you don't want to visit Wikipedia then don't. It's not like I get paid to give them clicks.

But it would be nice if you are going to spend this much energy dismissing something you would make an effort to point out why. I asked you twice to do that and apparently you can't or won't. Are you worried you'll be unable? Performance anxiety or something?

Later

Location hidden

#103089 May 9, 2013
YiagosName wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do and you usually soil your panties when I use your name. I know it chafes.
<quoted text>
The point is you use Wiki as a means to validate your silly Topix debates as if you're a MENSA scholar proving your point with evidence from the Scientific Commons community. You consider Wiki valid; otherwise, you wouldn't use it as such a continual crutch.
It's laughable, yet predictable for you Topix polymaths who sit at home in your trailers, crusading via the forums, imagining you are changing the world and showcasing your unparalleled intelligence.
Of course, I have to ridicule you.
Just for fun, how about you and Mike post a South Park video from YouTube. Let us all glean some intelligence.
LOL
Wow. I can't help it if you can't keep up in a debate. Attack the ideas, not the debaters.

Or if you must attack the debater, at least have the decency to attach it to a remotely logical argument. Who knows? You might like it once you try it. Thinking can be fun.

Location hidden

#103090 May 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic, ghosts and zombies? Not exactly, but nice attempt to discredit.
Moses uses a magic staff. There's a talking snake. Jesus walked on water.

But I guess actually Jesus could be a ghost or a zombie. He died then was seen walking around.

How is that magic, ghosts, and zombies? I'm just being honest about it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103091 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you still answer nothing, you posit "non-answers" that are made up on the whims of some pretty uneducated and ignorant people. Let's say that your god actually did create everything, just for pretend, how would knowing that cure AIDS or cancer? Was it believing in a god that cured Polio or knowing how cells and viruses work? "God dun it" is not an answer, it's merely a statement.
So you assume believers are all uneducated, ignorant people? What's it like living in your world?
YiagolovesWiki

Georgetown, KY

#103092 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth are you talking about? You dismissed a source of information without sufficient reason. I pointed out it out.
Later

You "pointed out it out?" Try pointing out some grammar and spelling.

Listen, woman. I will dismiss any fool who thinks Wiki is a valid educational tool.
Perhaps, that's my Harvard education speaking. Silly me.

You hillbillies stick to your Wiki.
The only thing for which Wiki is barely adequate, is possibly helping correct your spelling. If you use it for more than that, you are an absolute uneducated buffoon.
I'd even feel silly using Wiki for a spelling source, but hey... you community college educated folks gotta' do what you gotta' do.

Location hidden

#103093 May 9, 2013
YiagolovesWiki wrote:
<quoted text>
You "pointed out it out?" Try pointing out some grammar and spelling.
Listen, woman. I will dismiss any fool who thinks Wiki is a valid educational tool.
Perhaps, that's my Harvard education speaking. Silly me.
You hillbillies stick to your Wiki.
The only thing for which Wiki is barely adequate, is possibly helping correct your spelling. If you use it for more than that, you are an absolute uneducated buffoon.
I'd even feel silly using Wiki for a spelling source, but hey... you community college educated folks gotta' do what you gotta' do.
Ah. A troll. Sorry I replied, this will be the last.
YiagolovesWiki

Georgetown, KY

#103094 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I can't help it if you can't keep up in a debate. Attack the ideas, not the debaters.
Or if you must attack the debater, at least have the decency to attach it to a remotely logical argument.
I did attack the idea.
The idea that a "debater" feels Wiki and YouTube are valid educational tools worthy of scientific consideration is laughable.

You simply got your feelings hurt because your idea of "real" research and intellectualism was ridiculed as it should be.
You took it personally. That's a sign of weakness. You're not a debater if you can't "debate" without crying.
YiagolovesWiki

Georgetown, KY

#103095 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
But it would be nice if you are going to spend this much energy dismissing something you would make an effort to point out why. I asked you twice to do that and apparently you can't or won't. Are you worried you'll be unable? Performance anxiety or something?
Later
You actually need a reason to believe Wiki and YouTube are not esteemed resources? Really? Do you actually believe the scientific world respects those? Do you think we cite YouTube and Wiki on the MENSA forums? LOL

Wiki can be edited by any moron surfing the web.

YouTube is listed as a video sharing site, not as an educational resource. Any fool can upload videos, and they do.

Because there may be 5 "legitimate" videos on YouTube, that's not enough to promote it to an educational status.
That would be like using a Spider Man comic book as a scientific resource because it lists a few arachnid facts.

Silly Topix scholars. The only thing using Wiki and YouTube proves is that you are a lazy, undereducated couch potato who spends too much time on the Internet.

Kudos, addicts!
YiagoisaCHICKEN

Georgetown, KY

#103096 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. A troll. Sorry I replied, this will be the last.
This is always your excuse to cower in a "debate," Yiago.
You feel that if you label me a troll, that excuses you from continuing and you won't look like the coward that you are.

It's basically an easy way to chicken out when you have a weak argument and don't really know what else to say.

Look up the word coward on Wiki. See if your picture is included. If not, add it.
YiagoisaCHICKEN

Georgetown, KY

#103097 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we have nothing more to talk about. You have faith in something without evidence. You aren't interested in evidence.
Good talking to you. Have a good life.
Bye
^^ Here you are cowering from another debate with somebody else because you had no answer.

So, you connected those dots that Curious had faith, did you? lol
I thought that was your whole purpose in being here... to debate with people of faith.

You're only here to bully people of faith and when they don't cower, and prove to be firm in their foundations, you bail.

If it happens to be an intellectual who confronts you, you dismiss them as a "troll," scurry back under your couch, and whine in the fetal position.

Sad...

Location hidden

#103098 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I thought they were found in the home of Smith's daughter much later. Or his wife or something.

Isn't it convenient that when Egyptian hieroglyphs were finally decoded and the Mormons themselves asked for this stuff to be verified (they were badly disappointed) that suddenly we have this story of "other scrolls"?

"Oh...those are not the scrolls. That's some other junk."

lol
Happened with the Dead Sea Scrolls. Good stuff mixed with other stuff that doesn't matter to anyone anymore.

Location hidden

#103099 May 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Moses uses a magic staff. There's a talking snake. Jesus walked on water.

But I guess actually Jesus could be a ghost or a zombie. He died then was seen walking around.

How is that magic, ghosts, and zombies? I'm just being honest about it.
Ok ... Moving on

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103100 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who first speculated about "my" impotence. I made no mention of it.
And you're so mad now that all you can think of to talk about is my ability to maintain an erection?
Brilliant debating skills, Fraidy Cat. That's how you Topix intellectuals do it. When you can't debate, hey... just change the subject to insult somebody's genitals. Weak.
Aw, you're so impotent that you think I am referring to your sexual capabilities and not your potency in life itself. How sad, you are a pervert, and it's your impotency that has made you a pervert.

Hint: Potency is not about "erections" at all, it's not even about breeding.
So true

Hodgenville, KY

#103101 May 9, 2013
Great night to u all.. May u be we're u need to be..,
KittenKoder

Georgetown, KY

#103102 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you're so impotent that you think I am referring to your sexual capabilities and not your potency in life itself. How sad, you are a pervert, and it's your impotency that has made you a pervert.
Hint: Potency is not about "erections" at all, it's not even about breeding.
Sure you are. Right. We believe that.
Too late to try and claw your way back from that one, Fraidy Cat.
It's funny how you talk about impotence then call ME the pervert.
All I had to do was use your name to get you to conjure up pictures of my genitals.

You had no idea how to continue a debate and rather than answer my question about capital punishment, now you want to "attack the debater" rather than the idea.
You are too afraid to continue the debate and answer.

That shows you are not a debater and your argument is weak.

Meow...pfffft...pffft. Rawr. What a pussy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Curious Joe IIII 7,192
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Cornelius Scudmister 155,447
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr former ho 7
Couple arrested for child abuse 1 hr Answer 2
Stealing from child's grave 2 hr D Rogers 11
Pastor Arnold Murray R.I.P.. 4 hr LOL 11
Chamges to Topix? 5 hr Archangel Oger 2
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info