Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 130,992

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103020 May 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What?
Do you need Him to slap you up side the head to know
He's real?
Every breath I take since 04, tells me He is, as I know
He loved me enough to save me, and show me things I did not know!
Whatever evidence you need... I pray you open your eyes, and God gives it to you!
But you will never see it with your eyes closed!
Yes, and if the god fails to slap me up side my head, I will continue to think he is but a myth.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103021 May 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AGREED!
ALL terrorists should have never made it IN the US in the first place, He is Not a US citizen, so send him back to where he came from!
Amen!
So when the 9/11 terrorists made their way into America, you held Bush responsible?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103022 May 9, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>You forget!
We are Not animals, as you've been taught!
Believe what you want...
I know the Truth!
Do you know the definition of an animal? We are not plants.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103023 May 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't see man crawl out of the swamp, but you fell for that... Hook, line, and sinker... from a "Man" that hates God!
Go figure!
So you think evolution has no evidence? Not that I am claiming belief in evolution is rewarded with eternal life and non belief is punished by being thrown in a pit of eternal fire.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103024 May 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if I am pointing a gun at you and warned you I am about to shoot you if you do not move, I am not to be charged with murder?
How many times has a successful defense against murder only been the wearing of a badge?
6th commandment? The naught commandment is "God can not sin."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103025 May 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know the definition of an animal? We are not plants.
There are ten times as many microbes in the body than there are human cells. I sometimes think that ratio goes off the chart when one sits in a pew for extended periods.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103026 May 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Please give reference to the Bible verse that says...
Unicorns flew!
Thanks!
Who says I was talking about the biblical unicorns?
I was trying to show the lack of logic of believing in things that have zero evidence. Guess I should use an example that the bible never referred to. How about leprechauns?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103027 May 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already answered this for you. If I'm right, the Father has a Father, and so on
So all creators need a creator? Then how did the first creator become created?
Your answers answer nothing.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103028 May 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you interpret this literally? So something can come from nothing and intelligence needs no intelligent creator? According to the passages here, this would be so, yet you guys keep insisting otherwise.
You can't have it both ways pal.
Where does it say,anywhere ,that something came from nothing,by some coincidence,or that intelligence ,does not need a creator,that it also comes into being by some unexplainable event.
You again,fail to see what Scripture says,
I am glad that you take the time to read it,you gotta go a little further and try to interpret it's true meaning..
I would certainly encourage you to keep reading...

God ,was,is,and always will be and through Christ and through him ALL things were made
You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,“that I am God.
13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103029 May 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So all creators need a creator? Then how did the first creator become created?
Your answers answer nothing.
Well, of course God HAD to have had a creator. Where does it say,anywhere ,that something came from nothing,by some coincidence,or that intelligence ,does not need a creator,that it also comes into being by some unexplainable event?

(Sorry for all the commas - I'm... practicing - my Shatner. Impression.)
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103030 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Close, but a pure sociopath wouldn't feel much remorse. There's nothing to prevent them from having enough OCD to pick up religion. Religion doesn't require empathy or even an internal sense of right from wrong. What should be a dichotomy is really a pretty good fit.
What is sin? Defying the 4th commandment? Eating pork? Wearing cotton and wool at the same time? Failing to place a check or money order in a collection plate? Being a descendant of Eve? Matt. 5:19? James 2:10?
I don't lay claim to God or Jesus, you'll need to look elsewhere to find your hypocrite.
I know you don't claim God or Jesus.
That may well be the reason why you only understood part of the point that I was trying to make.
The fact that you are familiarizing yourself with that which is written in Scriptures,to me ,is an encouraging sign.
Ps I was not referring to you as being a hypocrite;
Just kinda making the same point you tried to make with me...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103031 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of course God HAD to have had a creator. Where does it say,anywhere ,that something came from nothing,by some coincidence,or that intelligence ,does not need a creator,that it also comes into being by some unexplainable event?
(Sorry for all the commas - I'm... practicing - my Shatner. Impression.)
1) Well, of course God HAD to have had a creator .

Not so,as God himself clearly states;
Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.

.2) Where does it say,anywhere , in what I posted ,that something came from nothing,by some coincidence,or that intelligence ,does not need a creator,that it also comes into being by some unexplainable event?

I stand by that statement,because what I posted,clearly states how all things were made;
and it was not by coincidence or some unexplained event

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Keep reading and seeking,but instead of seeking evidence for God's nonexistence,rather devote your time,
for seeking evidence ,for his existence and hopefully your eyes will be opened and you will be able to see the God's truth...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103032 May 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't claim God or Jesus.
That may well be the reason why you only understood part of the point that I was trying to make.
The fact that you are familiarizing yourself with that which is written in Scriptures,to me ,is an encouraging sign.
Ps I was not referring to you as being a hypocrite;
Just kinda making the same point you tried to make with me...
I understand far more than you give me credit for. I'm familiar with scripture, faith and doctrine and whether you believe it or not, I fully understand the "point" you repetitively try to make. I choose not to reinforce illusions, so if you find that my over looking, ignoring or confounding the irrelevant portions of posts is annoying, you might now know why.
PS Nice try.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103033 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand far more than you give me credit for. I'm familiar with scripture, faith and doctrine and whether you believe it or not, I fully understand the "point" you repetitively try to make. I choose not to reinforce illusions, so if you find that my over looking, ignoring or confounding the irrelevant portions of posts is annoying, you might now know why.
PS Nice try.
It well may be true,that you understand Scriptures better than I think you do.
You also state,that,you fully understand the point Iam trying to make.
That may well be true,but,since you chose not to explain what that point is,I have no way of verifying whether you truly understood my point ,or not..
The fact that whatever you understood my point to be,you found to be annoying,and your reason being that"I choose not to reinforce illusions"can lead me to several conclusions as to what you meant by that and secifically,what caused you to be annoyed.
In all fairness,it would be wrong for me to draw any conclusions,since you did not provide the necessary information,that I could draw a valid conclusion from

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103034 May 9, 2013
Now for important crap...

Just finished rebuilding my mill... 96" jugs and new cam sets and bearings...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R6drl6DG-g...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103035 May 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It well may be true,that you understand Scriptures better than I think you do.
You also state,that,you fully understand the point Iam trying to make.
That may well be true,but,since you chose not to explain what that point is,I have no way of verifying whether you truly understood my point ,or not..
The fact that whatever you understood my point to be,you found to be annoying,and your reason being that"I choose not to reinforce illusions"can lead me to several conclusions as to what you meant by that and secifically,what caused you to be annoyed.
In all fairness,it would be wrong for me to draw any conclusions,since you did not provide the necessary information,that I could draw a valid conclusion from
You misunderstand. I didn't say that I was annoyed. I said " ...if you find that my over looking, ignoring or confounding the irrelevant portions of posts is annoying...." I'm sometimes amused and often disappointed at how superficial the religious folk are in their depth and insights.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103036 May 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Now for important crap...
Just finished rebuilding my mill... 96" jugs and new cam sets and bearings...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R6drl6DG-g...
Sweet!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103037 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet!
https://plus.google.com/photos/11043992667178...
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#103038 May 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It well may be true,that you understand Scriptures better than I think you do.
You also state,that,you fully understand the point Iam trying to make.
That may well be true,but,since you chose not to explain what that point is,I have no way of verifying whether you truly understood my point ,or not..
The fact that whatever you understood my point to be,you found to be annoying,and your reason being that"I choose not to reinforce illusions"can lead me to several conclusions as to what you meant by that and secifically,what caused you to be annoyed.
In all fairness,it would be wrong for me to draw any conclusions,since you did not provide the necessary information,that I could draw a valid conclusion from
a lot of stupid in this post of yours.
curious?
are you into atheism?
religion has no need of curious.
all answers are in the bible.
praise jesus.
The truths in red

Winchester, KY

#103039 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I didn't say that I was annoyed. I said " ...if you find that my over looking, ignoring or confounding the irrelevant portions of posts is annoying...." I'm sometimes amused and often disappointed at how superficial the religious folk are in their depth and insights.
why amused?
do you need help in understanding?
wwjd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who we voting for City Council? 5 min Idk 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Reality 4,371
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Voter 153,038
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 24 min Kim 3
Harriman Tnn. symboxone clinic 44 min fiinders fee 4
who is the best carpenter on stinking 52 min knows 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Birds 81,630
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 9 hr Limbertwig 70
Henson Hollow 12 hr live in the holler 10
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••